July 30: Day of the Week
July 30, 2019 was the 211st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 154 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bernard’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 30 Historical Event(s)
- 762Baghdad is founded by caliph Al-Mansur.
- 1419First Defenestration of Prague: a crowd of radical Hussites kill seven members of the Prague city council.
- 1629An earthquake in Naples, Italy, kills about 10,000 people.
- 1729Foundation of Baltimore, Maryland.
- 1811Father Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, leader of the Mexican insurgency, is executed by the Spanish in Chihuahua, Mexico.
- 1825Malden Island is discovered by captain George Anson Byron.
- 1865The steamboat Brother Jonathan sinks off the coast of Crescent City, California, killing 225 passengers, the deadliest shipwreck on the Pacific Coast of the U.S. at the time.
- 1871The Staten Island Ferry Westfield's boiler explodes, killing over 85 people.
- 1932Premiere of Walt Disney’s Flowers and Trees, the first cartoon short to use Technicolor and the first Academy Award winning cartoon short.
- 1980Israel’s Knesset passes the Jerusalem Law
Who were born on July 30?
- 1890Casey Stengel, American baseball manager (d. 1975)
- 1928Joe Nuxhall, American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2007)
- 1945Patrick Modiano, French novelist
- 1948Otis Taylor, American musician
- 1950Frank Stallone, American singer and actor
- 1957Nery Pumpido, Argentine footballer
- 1957Rat Scabies, English drummer (The Damned)
- 1958Neal McCoy, American singer-songwriter and humanitarian
- 1962Jay Feaster, American National Hockey League executive
- 1975Graham Nicholls, English author and artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.