July 30: Day of the Week
July 30, 2020 is the 212nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 154 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dave’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1619In Jamestown, Virginia, the first representative assembly in the Americas, the House of Burgesses, convenes for the first time.
- 1629An earthquake in Naples, Italy, kills about 10,000 people.
- 1656Swedish forces under the command of King Charles X Gustav defeat the forces of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth at the Battle of Warsaw.
- 1865The steamboat Brother Jonathan sinks off the coast of Crescent City, California, killing 225 passengers, the deadliest shipwreck on the Pacific Coast of the U.S. at the time.
- 1866New Orleans’s Democratic government orders police to raid an integrated Republican Party meeting, killing 40 people and injuring 150.
- 1871The Staten Island Ferry Westfield's boiler explodes, killing over 85 people.
- 1967Israel passes the Jerusalem Law and annexes East Jerusalem.
- 1974Six Royal Canadian Army Cadets are killed and fifty-four are injured in an accidental grenade blast at CFB Valcartier Cadet Camp.
- 1978The 730 (transport), Okinawa changes its traffic on the right-hand side of the road to the left-hand side.
- 2006The world’s longest running music show Top of the Pops is broadcast for the last time on BBC Two. The show had aired for 42 years.
Who were born on July 30?
- 1818Emily Brontë, English novelist (d. 1848)
- 1859Henry Simpson Lunn, English humanitarian (d. 1939)
- 1889Vladimir Zworykin, Russian physicist (d. 1982)
- 1899Gerald Moore, English pianist (d. 1987)
- 1946Neil Bonnett, American race car driver (d. 1994)
- 1947Anna Panayiotopoulou, Greek actress and theatrical writer
- 1947Arnold Schwarzenegger, Austrian-born American actor, bodybuilder and politician, 38th Governor of California
- 1971Christine Taylor, American actress
- 1977Ian Watkins, Welsh singer (Lostprophets)
- 1979Graeme McDowell, Northern Irish golfer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.