July 30: Day of the Week
July 30, 2021 is the 211th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 154 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BYYOTTATI? Check your answers here: Words with these letters BYYOTTATI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1916Black Tom Island explosion in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- 1930In Montevideo, Uruguay wins the first Football World Cup.
- 1956A joint resolution of the U.S. Congress is signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower, authorizing In God We Trust as the U.S. national motto.
- 1962The Trans-Canada Highway, the largest national highway in the world, is officially opened.
- 1971An All Nippon Airways Boeing 727 and a Japanese Air Force F-86 collide over Morioka, Japan killing 162.
- 1974Six Royal Canadian Army Cadets are killed and fifty-four are injured in an accidental grenade blast at CFB Valcartier Cadet Camp.
- 1974Watergate Scandal: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon releases subpoenaed White House recordings after being ordered to do so by the United States Supreme Court.
- 1978The 730 (transport), Okinawa changes its traffic on the right-hand side of the road to the left-hand side.
- 1990George Steinbrenner is forced by Commissioner Fay Vincent to resign as principal partner of New York Yankees for hiring Howie Spira to “get dirt” on Dave Winfield.
- 2006Lebanon War: At least 28 civilians, including 16 children are killed by the Israeli Air Force in what Lebanese call the Second Qana massacre and what Israel considers to be an attempt to stop rockets’ being fired, from Lebanon, at Israeli civilian targets.
Who were born on July 30?
- 1641Regnier de Graaf, Dutch physician and anatomist (d. 1673)
- 1928Joe Nuxhall, American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2007)
- 1941Paul Anka, Canadian singer and composer
- 1957Nery Pumpido, Argentine footballer
- 1970Christopher Nolan, English film director
- 1971Elvis Crespo, Puerto Rican singer
- 1974Hilary Swank, American actress
- 1977James Branaman, American model and reality show contestant (The Amazing Race)
- 1981Nicky Hayden, American motorcycle racer
- 1991Diana Vickers, English singer and stage actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.