July 30: Day of the Week
July 30, 2020 was the 212nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 154 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bruce’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1419First Defenestration of Prague: a crowd of radical Hussites kill seven members of the Prague city council.
- 1656Swedish forces under the command of King Charles X Gustav defeat the forces of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth at the Battle of Warsaw.
- 1729Foundation of Baltimore, Maryland.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of the Crater – Union forces attempt to break Confederate lines at Petersburg, Virginia by exploding a large bomb under their trenches.
- 1865The steamboat Brother Jonathan sinks off the coast of Crescent City, California, killing 225 passengers, the deadliest shipwreck on the Pacific Coast of the U.S. at the time.
- 1932Premiere of Walt Disney’s Flowers and Trees, the first cartoon short to use Technicolor and the first Academy Award winning cartoon short.
- 1945World War II: Japanese submarine I-58 sinks the USS Indianapolis, killing 883 seamen.
- 1974Watergate Scandal: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon releases subpoenaed White House recordings after being ordered to do so by the United States Supreme Court.
- 1978The 730 (transport), Okinawa changes its traffic on the right-hand side of the road to the left-hand side.
- 1990George Steinbrenner is forced by Commissioner Fay Vincent to resign as principal partner of New York Yankees for hiring Howie Spira to “get dirt” on Dave Winfield.
Who were born on July 30?
- 1857Thorstein Veblen, American economist (d. 1929)
- 1904Salvador Novo, Mexican writer (d. 1974)
- 1962Alton Brown, American television host and chef
- 1963Lisa Kudrow, American actress
- 1966Allan Langer, Australian Rugby League Player
- 1970Dean Edwards, American comedian
- 1974Hilary Swank, American actress
- 1974Sandra Diaz-Twine, American winner of Survivor: Pearl Islands and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains
- 1977Diana Bolocco, Chilean television presenter
- 1981Nicky Hayden, American motorcycle racer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.