July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2020 was the 190th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Evelyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1579Our Lady of Kazan, a holy icon of the Russian Orthodox Church, is discovered underground in the city of Kazan, Tatarstan.
- 1760French and Indian War: Battle of Restigouche – British forces defeat French forces in last naval battle in New France.
- 1889The first issue of the Wall Street Journal is published.
- 1892St. John’s, Newfoundland is devastated in the Great Fire of 1892.
- 1912Henrique Mitchell de Paiva Couceiro leads an unsuccessful royalist attack against the Portuguese First Republic in Chaves.
- 1932The Dow Jones Industrial Average reaches its lowest level of the Great Depression, bottoming out at 41.22.
- 1947Reports are broadcast that a UFO crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico.
- 1962Ne Win besieges and dynamites the Rangoon University Student Union building to crash the Student Movement.
- 1966King Mwambutsa IV Bangiriceng of Burundi is deposed by his son Prince Charles Ndizi.
- 1988The Island Express train travelling from Bangalore to Kanyakumari derails on the Peruman bridge and falls into Ashtamudi Lake, killing 105 passengers and injuring over 200 more.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1621Jean de la Fontaine, French writer (d. 1695)
- 1933Antonio Lamer, French Canadian lawyer and chief justice (d. 2007)
- 1934Ed Lumley, Canadian corporate executive and politician
- 1942Janice Pennington, American game show model
- 1955Mihaela Mitrache, Romanian actress (d. 2008)
- 1958Neetu Singh, Indian actress
- 1965Lee Tergesen, American actor
- 1966Ralf Altmeyer, German virologist
- 1973Sourav Ganguly, Indian cricketer
- 1988Dave Taylor, Australian rugby league player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.