July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2022 is the 189th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TEALJOKDUOZ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters TEALJOKDUOZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1663Charles II of England grants John Clarke a Royal Charter to Rhode Island.
- 1758French forces hold Fort Carillon against the British at Ticonderoga, New York.
- 1859King Charles XV & IV accedes to the throne of Sweden-Norway.
- 1864Ikedaya Jiken: the Choshu Han shishi’s planned Shinsengumi sabotage on Kyoto, Japan at Ikedaya.
- 1876White supremacists kill five Black Republicans in Hamburg, SC.
- 1879Sailing ship USS Jeannette (1878) departs San Francisco carrying an ill-fated expedition to the North Pole.
- 1889The first issue of the Wall Street Journal is published.
- 1898The death of crime boss Soapy Smith (who is shot) releases Skagway, Alaska from his iron grip.
- 1948The United States Air Force accepts its first female recruits into a program called Women in the Air Force (WAF).
- 2011Space Shuttle Atlantis is launched in the final mission of the U.S. Space Shuttle program.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1839John D. Rockefeller, American industrialist and philanthropist (d. 1937)
- 1948Raffi, Egyptian born Canadian children’s entertainer
- 1956Terry Puhl, Canadian baseball player
- 1959Pauline Quirke, British actress
- 1964Alexei Gusarov, Russian ice hockey player
- 1966Ralf Altmeyer, German virologist
- 1979Mat McBriar, American football player
- 1981Iyari Limon, American actress
- 1983Daniel Navarro García, Spanish cyclist
- 1986Jake McDorman, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.