July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2020 was the 190th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MSAOQXOYHOKV? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters MSAOQXOYHOKV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1663Charles II of England grants John Clarke a Royal Charter to Rhode Island.
- 1760French and Indian War: Battle of Restigouche – British forces defeat French forces in last naval battle in New France.
- 1822Chippewas turn over a huge tract of land in Ontario to the United Kingdom.
- 1874The Mounties begin their March West.
- 1876White supremacists kill five Black Republicans in Hamburg, SC.
- 1896William Jennings Bryan delivers his Cross of Gold speech advocating bimetalism at the 1896 Democratic National Convention in Chicago.
- 1898The death of crime boss Soapy Smith (who is shot) releases Skagway, Alaska from his iron grip.
- 1937Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan sign the Treaty of Saadabad.
- 1970Richard Nixon delivers a special congressional message enunciating Native American Self-Determination as official US Indian policy, leading to the Indian Self-Determination Act.
- 1982Assassination attempt against Iraqi president Saddam Hussein in Dujail.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1766Dominique Jean Larrey, French surgeon (d. 1842)
- 1851Arthur Evans, English archaeologist (d. 1941)
- 1904Henri Cartan, French mathematician (d. 2008)
- 1924Johnnie Johnson, American blues pianist (d. 2005)
- 1940Ben Chapman, English politician and civil servant
- 1944Jai Johanny Johanson, American drummer and percussionist (The Allman Brothers Band)
- 1951Anjelica Huston, American actress
- 1963Mark Christopher, American film director
- 1971Neil Jenkins, Welsh rugby player
- 1981Anastasia Myskina, Russian tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.