July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2020 is the 190th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Stacy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1709Great Northern War: Battle of Poltava – Peter I of Russia defeats Charles XII of Sweden at Poltava thus effectively ending Sweden’s role as a major power in Europe.
- 1716Great Northern War: the naval Battle of Dynekilen takes place.
- 1775The Olive Branch Petition is signed by the Continental Congress of the Thirteen Colonies.
- 1898The death of crime boss Soapy Smith (who is shot) releases Skagway, Alaska from his iron grip.
- 1912Henrique Mitchell de Paiva Couceiro leads an unsuccessful royalist attack against the Portuguese First Republic in Chaves.
- 1947Reports are broadcast that a UFO crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico.
- 1960Francis Gary Powers is charged with espionage resulting from his flight over the Soviet Union.
- 1966King Mwambutsa IV Bangiriceng of Burundi is deposed by his son Prince Charles Ndizi.
- 1970Richard Nixon delivers a special congressional message enunciating Native American Self-Determination as official US Indian policy, leading to the Indian Self-Determination Act.
- 2011Space Shuttle Atlantis is launched in the final mission of the U.S. Space Shuttle program.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1760Christian Kramp, French mathematician (d. 1826)
- 1830Frederick William Seward, 6th and 11th United States Assistant Secretary of State (d. 1915)
- 1908Louis Jordan, American saxophonist (d. 1975)
- 1933Antonio Lamer, French Canadian lawyer and chief justice (d. 2007)
- 1949Wolfgang Puck, Austrian-born celebrity chef
- 1951Anjelica Huston, American actress
- 1952Anna Quindlen, American newspaper columnist
- 1963Mark Christopher, American film director
- 1970Beck, American singer
- 1986Jake McDorman, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.