July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2020 is the 190th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Charlene’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1099First Crusade: 15,000 starving Christian soldiers march in a religious procession around Jerusalem as its Muslim defenders look on.
- 1283War of the Sicilian Vespers: the naval Battle of Malta between the Aragonese and the Neapolitan fleets is fought.
- 1579Our Lady of Kazan, a holy icon of the Russian Orthodox Church, is discovered underground in the city of Kazan, Tatarstan.
- 1716Great Northern War: the naval Battle of Dynekilen takes place.
- 1760French and Indian War: Battle of Restigouche – British forces defeat French forces in last naval battle in New France.
- 1808Joseph Bonaparte approves the Bayonne Statute, a royal charter intended as the basis for his rule as king of Spain.
- 1932The Dow Jones Industrial Average reaches its lowest level of the Great Depression, bottoming out at 41.22.
- 1960Francis Gary Powers is charged with espionage resulting from his flight over the Soviet Union.
- 1970Richard Nixon delivers a special congressional message enunciating Native American Self-Determination as official US Indian policy, leading to the Indian Self-Determination Act.
- 1994Kim Jong-il begins to assume supreme leadership of North Korea upon the death of his father, Kim Il-sung.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1882Percy Grainger, Australian composer (d. 1961)
- 1927Maurice Hayes, Irish politician
- 1955Alison Fraser, American actress
- 1960Mal Meninga, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1964Linda de Mol, Dutch actress and host
- 1968Thom Fitzgerald, American-Canadian film director
- 1972Karl Dykhuis, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1976David Kennedy, American guitarist (Angels & Airwaves)
- 1978Rachael Lillis, American actress
- 2000Sophie Nyweide, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.