July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2021 is the 189th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KSKYVEEODPA? Check your answers here: Word finder KSKYVEEODPA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1283War of the Sicilian Vespers: the naval Battle of Malta between the Aragonese and the Neapolitan fleets is fought.
- 1760French and Indian War: Battle of Restigouche – British forces defeat French forces in last naval battle in New France.
- 1775The Olive Branch Petition is signed by the Continental Congress of the Thirteen Colonies.
- 1889The first issue of the Wall Street Journal is published.
- 1892St. John’s, Newfoundland is devastated in the Great Fire of 1892.
- 1898The death of crime boss Soapy Smith (who is shot) releases Skagway, Alaska from his iron grip.
- 1907Florenz Ziegfeld staged his first Follies on the roof of the New York Theater in New York City.
- 1912Henrique Mitchell de Paiva Couceiro leads an unsuccessful royalist attack against the Portuguese First Republic in Chaves.
- 1937Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan sign the Treaty of Saadabad.
- 1994Kim Jong-il begins to assume supreme leadership of North Korea upon the death of his father, Kim Il-sung.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1851Arthur Evans, English archaeologist (d. 1941)
- 1857Alfred Binet, French psychologist (d. 1911)
- 1928Mladen Kerstner, Croatian journalist, author and humorist (d. 1991)
- 1957Aleksandr Gurnov, Russian television personality
- 1957Carlos Cavazo, Mexican-born American guitarist (Quiet Riot, Ratt)
- 1958Andreas Carlgren, Swedish politician
- 1966Shadlog Bernicke, Nauruan politician
- 1973Kathleen Robertson, Canadian actress
- 1977Paolo Tiralongo, Italian cyclist
- 1982Hakim Warrick, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.