July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2021 is the 189th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EUPBCEB? Check your answers here: Word scramble EUPBCEB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1579Our Lady of Kazan, a holy icon of the Russian Orthodox Church, is discovered underground in the city of Kazan, Tatarstan.
- 1760French and Indian War: Battle of Restigouche – British forces defeat French forces in last naval battle in New France.
- 1808Joseph Bonaparte approves the Bayonne Statute, a royal charter intended as the basis for his rule as king of Spain.
- 1864Ikedaya Jiken: the Choshu Han shishi’s planned Shinsengumi sabotage on Kyoto, Japan at Ikedaya.
- 1874The Mounties begin their March West.
- 1889The first issue of the Wall Street Journal is published.
- 1948The United States Air Force accepts its first female recruits into a program called Women in the Air Force (WAF).
- 1960Francis Gary Powers is charged with espionage resulting from his flight over the Soviet Union.
- 1962Ne Win besieges and dynamites the Rangoon University Student Union building to crash the Student Movement.
- 1994Kim Jong-il begins to assume supreme leadership of North Korea upon the death of his father, Kim Il-sung.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1931Roone Arledge, American sports broadcaster (d. 2002)
- 1941Dario Gradi, Italian-born English football manager
- 1942Janice Pennington, American game show model
- 1948Raffi, Egyptian born Canadian children’s entertainer
- 1957Aleksandr Gurnov, Russian television personality
- 1958Neetu Singh, Indian actress
- 1962Carmen Nicole Moelders American atmospheric scientist
- 1970Beck, American singer
- 1983Daniel Navarro García, Spanish cyclist
- 1986Jake McDorman, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.