July 8: Day of the Week
July 8, 2019 is the 189th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 176 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1283War of the Sicilian Vespers: the naval Battle of Malta between the Aragonese and the Neapolitan fleets is fought.
- 1663Charles II of England grants John Clarke a Royal Charter to Rhode Island.
- 1709Great Northern War: Battle of Poltava – Peter I of Russia defeats Charles XII of Sweden at Poltava thus effectively ending Sweden’s role as a major power in Europe.
- 1760French and Indian War: Battle of Restigouche – British forces defeat French forces in last naval battle in New France.
- 1775The Olive Branch Petition is signed by the Continental Congress of the Thirteen Colonies.
- 1808Joseph Bonaparte approves the Bayonne Statute, a royal charter intended as the basis for his rule as king of Spain.
- 1892St. John’s, Newfoundland is devastated in the Great Fire of 1892.
- 1937Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan sign the Treaty of Saadabad.
- 1970Richard Nixon delivers a special congressional message enunciating Native American Self-Determination as official US Indian policy, leading to the Indian Self-Determination Act.
- 1982Assassination attempt against Iraqi president Saddam Hussein in Dujail.
Who were born on July 8?
- 1490Albert, Duke of Prussia (d.1568)
- 1593Artemisia Gentileschi, Italian painter (d. 1653)
- 1955Monty Don, TV presenter, gardener
- 1958Kevin Bacon, American actor
- 1964Alexei Gusarov, Russian ice hockey player
- 1967Jordan Chan, Hong Kong actor and singer
- 1975Elias Viljanen, Finnish guitarist (Sonata Arctica)
- 1977Wang Zhizhi, Chinese basketball player
- 1982Hakim Warrick, American basketball player
- 1984Alexis Dziena, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.