July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2019 is the 190th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 455Roman military commander Avitus is proclaimed Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 869A magnitude 8.6Ms earthquake and subsequent tsunami strikes the area around Sendai in the northern part of Honshu, Japan.
- 1540King Henry VIII of England annuls his marriage to his fourth wife, Anne of Cleves.
- 1875Outbreak of the Herzegovina Uprising against Ottoman rule, which would last until 1878 and have far-reaching implications throughout the Balkans
- 1918Great train wreck of 1918: in Nashville, Tennessee, an inbound local train collides with an outbound express killing 101 and injuring 171 people, making it the deadliest rail accident in United States history.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Tali-Ihantala – Finland wins the Battle of Tali-Ihantala, the largest battle ever fought in northern Europe. The Red Army withdraws its troops from Ihantala and digs into defensive position, thus ending the Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive.
- 1955The Russell-Einstein Manifesto is released by Bertrand Russell in London.
- 1962The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
- 1999Days of student protests begin after Iranian police and hardliners attack a student dormitory at the University of Tehran.
- 2006At least 122 people are killed after a Sibir Airlines Airbus A310 passenger jet, carrying 200 passengers veers off the runway while landing in wet conditions at Irkutsk Airport in Siberia.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1927Susan Cabot, American actress (d. 1986)
- 1929Jesse McReynolds, American singer and mandolinist
- 1930Roy McLean, South African cricketer (d. 2007)
- 1946Bon Scott, Australian singer (AC/DC) (d. 1980)
- 1957Kelly McGillis, American actress
- 1965Frank Bello, American bassist (Anthrax)
- 1971Scott Grimes, American voice actor (American Dad!)
- 1973Kelly Holcomb, American football player
- 1975Isaac Brock, American singer and musician (Modest Mouse, Ugly Casanova)
- 1981Kimveer Gill, Canadian spree shooter (Dawson College shooting) (d. 2006)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.