July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2020 was the 191st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kristin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1386The Old Swiss Confederacy makes great strides in establishing control over its territory by soundly defeating the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Sempach.
- 1793The Act Against Slavery is passed in Upper Canada and the importation of slaves into Lower Canada is prohibited.
- 1815Talleyrand becomes the first Prime Minister of France.
- 1816Argentina declares independence from Spain.
- 1868The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified guaranteeing African Americans full citizenship and all persons in the United States due process of law.
- 1932The state of São Paulo revolts against the Brazilian Federal Government, starting the Constitutionalist Revolution
- 1943World War II: Operation Husky – Allied forces perform an amphibious invasion of Sicily.
- 1955The Russell-Einstein Manifesto is released by Bertrand Russell in London.
- 1961Turkish voters approve the Turkish Constitution of 1961 in a referendum.
- 1962The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1828Luigi Oreglia di Santo Stefano, Italian Catholic churchman (d. 1913)
- 1925Charles E. Wicks, American academic
- 1933Oliver Sacks, British neurologist and author
- 1948Hassan Wirajuda, Indonesian politician
- 1951Chris Cooper, American actor
- 1969Jason Kearton, Australian footballer
- 1975Shelton Benjamin, American pro wrestler
- 1978Kara Goucher, American long distance runner
- 1979Ella Koon, Hong Kong singer and actress
- 1985Paweł Korzeniowski, Polish swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.