July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2018 was the 190th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 455Roman military commander Avitus is proclaimed Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 1386The Old Swiss Confederacy makes great strides in establishing control over its territory by soundly defeating the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Sempach.
- 1789In Versailles, the National Assembly reconstitutes itself as the National Constituent Assembly and begins preparations for a French constitution.
- 1790Russo-Swedish War: Second Battle of Svensksund – in the Baltic Sea, the Swedish Navy captures one third of the Russian fleet.
- 1807The Treaties of Tilsit are signed by Napoleon I of France and Alexander I of Russia.
- 1815Talleyrand becomes the first Prime Minister of France.
- 1850The Persian prophet Báb is executed in Tabriz, Persia.
- 1943World War II: Operation Husky – Allied forces perform an amphibious invasion of Sicily.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Tali-Ihantala – Finland wins the Battle of Tali-Ihantala, the largest battle ever fought in northern Europe. The Red Army withdraws its troops from Ihantala and digs into defensive position, thus ending the Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive.
- 1979A car bomb destroys a Renault motor car owned by famed “Nazi hunters” Serge and Beate Klarsfeld at their home in France. A note purportedly from ODESSA claims responsibility.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1686Philip Livingston, American politician (d. 1749)
- 1896Maria Gomes Valentim, Brazilian supercentenarian (d. 2011)
- 1901Konstantinos Kallias, Greek politician (d. 2004)
- 1925Charles E. Wicks, American academic
- 1936June Jordan, American poet, writer and teacher (d. 2002)
- 1937David Hockney, English painter, draughtsman, printmaker, stage designer and photographer
- 1943Soledad Miranda, Spanish actress (d. 1970)
- 1946Gerhard Kramm American atmospheric scientist
- 1973Enrique Murciano, American actor
- 1976Fred Savage, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.