July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2018 is the 190th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1572Nineteen Catholics suffer martyrdom for their beliefs in the Dutch town of Gorkum.
- 1745War of the Austrian Succession: French victory in the Battle of Melle allows them to capture Ghent in the days after.
- 1821470 prominent Cypriots including Archbishop Kyprianos are executed in response to Cypriot aid to the Greek War of Independence
- 1850U.S. President Zachary Taylor dies and Millard Fillmore becomes the 13th President of the United States.
- 1868The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified guaranteeing African Americans full citizenship and all persons in the United States due process of law.
- 1875Outbreak of the Herzegovina Uprising against Ottoman rule, which would last until 1878 and have far-reaching implications throughout the Balkans
- 1922Johnny Weissmuller swims the 100 meters freestyle in 58.6 seconds breaking the world swimming record and the 'minute barrier'.
- 1972The Troubles: In Belfast, British Army snipers shoot five civilians dead in the Springhill Massacre.
- 1982Pan Am Flight 759 crashes in Kenner, Louisiana killing all 145 people on board and eight others on the ground.
- 1999Days of student protests begin after Iranian police and hardliners attack a student dormitory at the University of Tehran.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1911Mervyn Peake, British writer and illustrator (d. 1968)
- 1934Michael Graves, American architect
- 1936Floyd Abrams, American attorney and advocate
- 1965Jason Rhoades, American installation artist (d. 2006)
- 1969Jason Kearton, Australian footballer
- 1970Masami Tsuda, Japanese manga author
- 1982Maggie Ma, Canadian actress
- 1984Gianni Fabiano, Italian footballer
- 1984Jacob Hoggard, Canadian singer (Hedley)
- 1986Kiely Williams, American singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.