July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2020 is the 191st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out April’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1386The Old Swiss Confederacy makes great strides in establishing control over its territory by soundly defeating the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Sempach.
- 1540King Henry VIII of England annuls his marriage to his fourth wife, Anne of Cleves.
- 1701War of the Spanish Succession: Austrians defeat France in the Battle of Carpi.
- 1776George Washington ordered the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time.
- 1789In Versailles, the National Assembly reconstitutes itself as the National Constituent Assembly and begins preparations for a French constitution.
- 1815Talleyrand becomes the first Prime Minister of France.
- 1821470 prominent Cypriots including Archbishop Kyprianos are executed in response to Cypriot aid to the Greek War of Independence
- 1877The inaugural Wimbledon Championships opens.
- 1932The state of São Paulo revolts against the Brazilian Federal Government, starting the Constitutionalist Revolution
- 1958Lituya Bay is hit by a mega-tsunami. The wave is recorded at 524 meters high, the largest in recorded history.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1689Alexis Piron, French epigrammatist and dramatist (d. 1773)
- 1896Maria Gomes Valentim, Brazilian supercentenarian (d. 2011)
- 1932Donald Rumsfeld, 13th and 21st United States Secretary of Defense
- 1943John Casper, American astronaut
- 1955Lindsey Graham, American politician
- 1955Steve Coppell, English footballer and manager
- 1957Marc Almond, British singer
- 1957Paul Merton, British comedian
- 1976Fred Savage, American actor
- 1991Mitchel Musso, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.