July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2019 is the 190th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1357Emperor Charles IV assists in laying the foundation stone of Charles Bridge in Prague.
- 1386The Old Swiss Confederacy makes great strides in establishing control over its territory by soundly defeating the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Sempach.
- 1572Nineteen Catholics suffer martyrdom for their beliefs in the Dutch town of Gorkum.
- 1807The Treaties of Tilsit are signed by Napoleon I of France and Alexander I of Russia.
- 1810Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland as part of the First French Empire.
- 1850U.S. President Zachary Taylor dies and Millard Fillmore becomes the 13th President of the United States.
- 1918Great train wreck of 1918: in Nashville, Tennessee, an inbound local train collides with an outbound express killing 101 and injuring 171 people, making it the deadliest rail accident in United States history.
- 1943World War II: Operation Husky – Allied forces perform an amphibious invasion of Sicily.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Normandy – British and Canadian forces capture Caen, France.
- 1958Lituya Bay is hit by a mega-tsunami. The wave is recorded at 524 meters high, the largest in recorded history.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1578Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1637)
- 1721Johann Nikolaus Götz, German poet (d. 1781)
- 1834Jan Neruda, Czech poet (d. 1891)
- 1889Leo Dandurand, American-born Canadian hockey executive (d. 1964)
- 1929Jesse McReynolds, American singer and mandolinist
- 1935Michael Williams, English actor (d. 2001)
- 1965Thomas Jahn, German actor and director
- 1970Dani Behr, English model and TV presenter
- 1986Dominic Cervi, American footballer
- 1995Georgie Henley, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.