July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2018 was the 190th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 869A magnitude 8.6Ms earthquake and subsequent tsunami strikes the area around Sendai in the northern part of Honshu, Japan.
- 1745War of the Austrian Succession: French victory in the Battle of Melle allows them to capture Ghent in the days after.
- 1776George Washington ordered the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time.
- 1789In Versailles, the National Assembly reconstitutes itself as the National Constituent Assembly and begins preparations for a French constitution.
- 1810Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland as part of the First French Empire.
- 1816Argentina declares independence from Spain.
- 1821470 prominent Cypriots including Archbishop Kyprianos are executed in response to Cypriot aid to the Greek War of Independence
- 1868The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified guaranteeing African Americans full citizenship and all persons in the United States due process of law.
- 1955The Russell-Einstein Manifesto is released by Bertrand Russell in London.
- 1962Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s Soup Cans exhibition opens at the Ferus Gallery in Los Angeles.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1577Thomas West, 3rd Baron De La Warr, English-born Jamestown colonist (d. 1618)
- 1894Pyotr Leonidovich Kapitsa, Russian physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1984)
- 1908Allama Rasheed Turabi, Pakistani scholar, orator and philosopher (d. 1973)
- 1916Edward Heath, British statesman (d. 2005)
- 1955Lindsey Graham, American politician
- 1959Clive Stafford Smith, British lawyer
- 1966Pamela Adlon, American voice actress
- 1975Isaac Brock, American singer and musician (Modest Mouse, Ugly Casanova)
- 1975Nathaniel Marston, American actor
- 1978Nuno Santos, Portuguese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.