July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2021 was the 190th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SSCMAKPUVOP? Check your answers here: Unscramble words SSCMAKPUVOP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1357Emperor Charles IV assists in laying the foundation stone of Charles Bridge in Prague.
- 1386The Old Swiss Confederacy makes great strides in establishing control over its territory by soundly defeating the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Sempach.
- 1776George Washington ordered the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time.
- 1789In Versailles, the National Assembly reconstitutes itself as the National Constituent Assembly and begins preparations for a French constitution.
- 1877The inaugural Wimbledon Championships opens.
- 1918Great train wreck of 1918: in Nashville, Tennessee, an inbound local train collides with an outbound express killing 101 and injuring 171 people, making it the deadliest rail accident in United States history.
- 1922Johnny Weissmuller swims the 100 meters freestyle in 58.6 seconds breaking the world swimming record and the 'minute barrier'.
- 1932The state of São Paulo revolts against the Brazilian Federal Government, starting the Constitutionalist Revolution
- 1943World War II: Operation Husky – Allied forces perform an amphibious invasion of Sicily.
- 1995The Navaly church bombing is carried out by the Sri Lankan Air Force killing 125 Tamil civilian refugees.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1654Emperor Reigen of Japan (d. 1732)
- 1786Princess Sophie Hélène Béatrice of France, daughter of Louis XVI of France and Marie Antoinette (d. 1787)
- 1879Carlos Chagas, Brazilian physician (d. 1934)
- 1905Clarence Campbell, Canadian hockey executive (d. 1984)
- 1930Buddy Bregman, American musical arranger and conductor
- 1936Floyd Abrams, American attorney and advocate
- 1946Bon Scott, Australian singer (AC/DC) (d. 1980)
- 1952John Tesh, American composer
- 1974Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Japanese actor & singer (SMAP)
- 1982Maggie Ma, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.