July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2022 was the 190th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QVLPPNUIAW? Check your answers here: Word solver QVLPPNUIAW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1357Emperor Charles IV assists in laying the foundation stone of Charles Bridge in Prague.
- 1755French and Indian War: Braddock Expedition – British troops and colonial militiamen are ambushed and suffer a devastating defeat by French and Native American forces.
- 1776George Washington ordered the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time.
- 1815Talleyrand becomes the first Prime Minister of France.
- 1900Boxer Rebellion: The Governor of Shanxi province in North China orders the execution of 45 foreign Christian missionaries and local church members, including children.
- 1922Johnny Weissmuller swims the 100 meters freestyle in 58.6 seconds breaking the world swimming record and the 'minute barrier'.
- 1932The state of São Paulo revolts against the Brazilian Federal Government, starting the Constitutionalist Revolution
- 1961Turkish voters approve the Turkish Constitution of 1961 in a referendum.
- 1962The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
- 1982Pan Am Flight 759 crashes in Kenner, Louisiana killing all 145 people on board and eight others on the ground.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1927Susan Cabot, American actress (d. 1986)
- 1943Soledad Miranda, Spanish actress (d. 1970)
- 1948Hassan Wirajuda, Indonesian politician
- 1955Steve Coppell, English footballer and manager
- 1957Marc Almond, British singer
- 1965Frank Bello, American bassist (Anthrax)
- 1968Paolo Di Canio, Italian football player
- 1973Kelly Holcomb, American football player
- 1975Nathaniel Marston, American actor
- 1976Jochem Uytdehaage, Dutch speed skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.