July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2019 was the 190th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1386The Old Swiss Confederacy makes great strides in establishing control over its territory by soundly defeating the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Sempach.
- 1701War of the Spanish Succession: Austrians defeat France in the Battle of Carpi.
- 1776George Washington ordered the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time.
- 1815Talleyrand becomes the first Prime Minister of France.
- 1821470 prominent Cypriots including Archbishop Kyprianos are executed in response to Cypriot aid to the Greek War of Independence
- 1918Great train wreck of 1918: in Nashville, Tennessee, an inbound local train collides with an outbound express killing 101 and injuring 171 people, making it the deadliest rail accident in United States history.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Normandy – British and Canadian forces capture Caen, France.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Saipan – American forces take Saipan in the Mariana Islands.
- 1962The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
- 1999Days of student protests begin after Iranian police and hardliners attack a student dormitory at the University of Tehran.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1511Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenburg, wife of Christian III of Denmark (d. 1571)
- 1828Luigi Oreglia di Santo Stefano, Italian Catholic churchman (d. 1913)
- 1908Allama Rasheed Turabi, Pakistani scholar, orator and philosopher (d. 1973)
- 1925Guru Dutt, Indian filmmaker and actor (d. 1964)
- 1938Brian Dennehy, American actor
- 1953Thomas Ligotti, American writer
- 1955Jimmy Smits, American actor
- 1965Frank Bello, American bassist (Anthrax)
- 1978Nuno Santos, Portuguese footballer
- 1985Ashley Young, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.