July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2019 was the 190th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Michelle’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 869A magnitude 8.6Ms earthquake and subsequent tsunami strikes the area around Sendai in the northern part of Honshu, Japan.
- 1811Explorer David Thompson posts a sign at the confluence of the Columbia and Snake Rivers (in modern Washington state, US), claiming the land for the United Kingdom.
- 1816Argentina declares independence from Spain.
- 1932The state of São Paulo revolts against the Brazilian Federal Government, starting the Constitutionalist Revolution
- 1943World War II: Operation Husky – Allied forces perform an amphibious invasion of Sicily.
- 1958Lituya Bay is hit by a mega-tsunami. The wave is recorded at 524 meters high, the largest in recorded history.
- 1972The Troubles: In Belfast, British Army snipers shoot five civilians dead in the Springhill Massacre.
- 1982Pan Am Flight 759 crashes in Kenner, Louisiana killing all 145 people on board and eight others on the ground.
- 1995The Navaly church bombing is carried out by the Sri Lankan Air Force killing 125 Tamil civilian refugees.
- 2011South Sudan gains independence and secedes from Sudan.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1686Philip Livingston, American politician (d. 1749)
- 1929Jesse McReynolds, American singer and mandolinist
- 1936Floyd Abrams, American attorney and advocate
- 1936June Jordan, American poet, writer and teacher (d. 2002)
- 1938Sanjeev Kumar, Indian actor (d.1985)
- 1942Edy Williams, American actress
- 1959Kevin Nash, American pro wrestler
- 1964Courtney Love, American singer and guitarist (Hole) and actress
- 1971Marc Andreessen, American software developer
- 1975Craig Quinnell, Welsh rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.