July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2019 was the 190th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tamara’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 455Roman military commander Avitus is proclaimed Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 1821470 prominent Cypriots including Archbishop Kyprianos are executed in response to Cypriot aid to the Greek War of Independence
- 1850The Persian prophet Báb is executed in Tabriz, Persia.
- 1863American Civil War: the Siege of Port Hudson ends.
- 1900Boxer Rebellion: The Governor of Shanxi province in North China orders the execution of 45 foreign Christian missionaries and local church members, including children.
- 1943World War II: Operation Husky – Allied forces perform an amphibious invasion of Sicily.
- 1955The Russell-Einstein Manifesto is released by Bertrand Russell in London.
- 1972The Troubles: In Belfast, British Army snipers shoot five civilians dead in the Springhill Massacre.
- 1982Pan Am Flight 759 crashes in Kenner, Louisiana killing all 145 people on board and eight others on the ground.
- 1986The New Zealand Parliament passes the Homosexual Law Reform Act legalising homosexuality in New Zealand.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1654Emperor Reigen of Japan (d. 1732)
- 1764Ann Radcliffe, English novelist (d. 1823)
- 1858Franz Boas, German anthropologist (d. 1942)
- 1889Leo Dandurand, American-born Canadian hockey executive (d. 1964)
- 1930Roy McLean, South African cricketer (d. 2007)
- 1957Paul Merton, British comedian
- 1970Dani Behr, English model and TV presenter
- 1970Trent Green, American football player
- 1976Fred Savage, American actor
- 1982Alecko Eskandarian, American footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.