July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2019 is the 190th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1572Nineteen Catholics suffer martyrdom for their beliefs in the Dutch town of Gorkum.
- 1755French and Indian War: Braddock Expedition – British troops and colonial militiamen are ambushed and suffer a devastating defeat by French and Native American forces.
- 1793The Act Against Slavery is passed in Upper Canada and the importation of slaves into Lower Canada is prohibited.
- 1810Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland as part of the First French Empire.
- 1816Argentina declares independence from Spain.
- 1850The Persian prophet Báb is executed in Tabriz, Persia.
- 1875Outbreak of the Herzegovina Uprising against Ottoman rule, which would last until 1878 and have far-reaching implications throughout the Balkans
- 1958Lituya Bay is hit by a mega-tsunami. The wave is recorded at 524 meters high, the largest in recorded history.
- 1962The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
- 1979A car bomb destroys a Renault motor car owned by famed “Nazi hunters” Serge and Beate Klarsfeld at their home in France. A note purportedly from ODESSA claims responsibility.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1511Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenburg, wife of Christian III of Denmark (d. 1571)
- 1578Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1637)
- 1828Luigi Oreglia di Santo Stefano, Italian Catholic churchman (d. 1913)
- 1901Konstantinos Kallias, Greek politician (d. 2004)
- 1911Mervyn Peake, British writer and illustrator (d. 1968)
- 1943John Casper, American astronaut
- 1946Natasha Pyne, English actress
- 1947Mitch Mitchell, English drummer (Jimi Hendrix Experience) (d. 2008)
- 1960Marc Mero, American pro wrestler
- 1975Jack White, American vocalist and musician (The White Stripes)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.