July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2020 is the 191st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alexandria’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 455Roman military commander Avitus is proclaimed Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 1793The Act Against Slavery is passed in Upper Canada and the importation of slaves into Lower Canada is prohibited.
- 1807The Treaties of Tilsit are signed by Napoleon I of France and Alexander I of Russia.
- 1850U.S. President Zachary Taylor dies and Millard Fillmore becomes the 13th President of the United States.
- 1875Outbreak of the Herzegovina Uprising against Ottoman rule, which would last until 1878 and have far-reaching implications throughout the Balkans
- 1877The inaugural Wimbledon Championships opens.
- 1932The state of São Paulo revolts against the Brazilian Federal Government, starting the Constitutionalist Revolution
- 1955The Russell-Einstein Manifesto is released by Bertrand Russell in London.
- 1972The Troubles: In Belfast, British Army snipers shoot five civilians dead in the Springhill Massacre.
- 1999Days of student protests begin after Iranian police and hardliners attack a student dormitory at the University of Tehran.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1578Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1637)
- 1858Franz Boas, German anthropologist (d. 1942)
- 1930Buddy Bregman, American musical arranger and conductor
- 1942Edy Williams, American actress
- 1948Hassan Wirajuda, Indonesian politician
- 1952John Tesh, American composer
- 1953Thomas Ligotti, American writer
- 1974Nikola Sarcevic, Swedish bassist and singer (Millencolin)
- 1974Sian Berry, British politician
- 1982Maggie Ma, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.