July 9: Day of the Week
July 9, 2018 was the 190th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 175 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1357Emperor Charles IV assists in laying the foundation stone of Charles Bridge in Prague.
- 1776George Washington ordered the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time.
- 1807The Treaties of Tilsit are signed by Napoleon I of France and Alexander I of Russia.
- 1811Explorer David Thompson posts a sign at the confluence of the Columbia and Snake Rivers (in modern Washington state, US), claiming the land for the United Kingdom.
- 1863American Civil War: the Siege of Port Hudson ends.
- 1875Outbreak of the Herzegovina Uprising against Ottoman rule, which would last until 1878 and have far-reaching implications throughout the Balkans
- 1944World War II: Battle of Saipan – American forces take Saipan in the Mariana Islands.
- 1979A car bomb destroys a Renault motor car owned by famed “Nazi hunters” Serge and Beate Klarsfeld at their home in France. A note purportedly from ODESSA claims responsibility.
- 1995The Navaly church bombing is carried out by the Sri Lankan Air Force killing 125 Tamil civilian refugees.
- 1999Days of student protests begin after Iranian police and hardliners attack a student dormitory at the University of Tehran.
Who were born on July 9?
- 1753William Waldegrave, 1st Baron Radstock, English territorial governor (d. 1825)
- 1800Friedrich Gustav Jakob Henle, German physician (d. 1885)
- 1889Leo Dandurand, American-born Canadian hockey executive (d. 1964)
- 1947Haruomi Hosono, Japanese bassist (Yellow Magic Orchestra)
- 1960Marc Mero, American pro wrestler
- 1968Lars Gyllenhaal, Swedish historian
- 1970Masami Tsuda, Japanese manga author
- 1973Enrique Murciano, American actor
- 1973Kelly Holcomb, American football player
- 1985Ashley Young, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.