June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2021 was the 152nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MIOHNJOTE? Check your answers here: Word solver MIOHNJOTE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1204King Philip Augustus of France conquers Rouen.
- 1252Alfonso X is elected King of Castile and León.
- 1533Anne Boleyn is crowned Queen of England.
- 1660Mary Dyer is hanged for defying a law banning Quakers from the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- 1831James Clark Ross discovers the North Magnetic Pole.
- 1862American Civil War, Peninsula Campaign: Battle of Seven Pines (or the Battle of Fair Oaks) ends inconclusively, with both sides claiming victory.
- 1879Napoleon Eugene, the last dynastic Bonaparte, is killed in the Anglo-Zulu War.
- 1913The Greek-Serbian Treaty of Alliance is signed, paving the way for the Second Balkan War.
- 1941The Farhud, a pogrom of Iraqi Jews, takes place in Baghdad.
- 1962The Pilkington Committee on Broadcasting concludes, among other things, that the British public did not want commercial radio broadcasting.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1754Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Este, Austrian governor of the Duchy of Milan and Duke of Breisgau (d. 1806)
- 1804Mikhail Glinka, Russian composer (d. 1857)
- 1878John Masefield, English novelist and poet (d. 1967)
- 1936Bekim Fehmiu, Yugoslav actor (d. 2010)
- 1939Cleavon Little, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1940Kip Thorne, American physicist
- 1948Tomáš Halík, Czech priest and public intellectual
- 1972Daniel Casey, English actor
- 1985Ari Herstand, American Singer/Songwriter
- 1985Tirunesh Dibaba, Ethiopian athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.