June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2022 is the 152nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EICOGGO? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EICOGGO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1204King Philip Augustus of France conquers Rouen.
- 1679The Scottish Covenanters defeat John Graham of Claverhouse at the Battle of Drumclog.
- 1792Kentucky is admitted as the 15th state of the United States.
- 1855American adventurer William Walker conquers Nicaragua.
- 1861American Civil War, Battle of Fairfax Court House (June 1861), first land battle of American Civil War after Battle of Fort Sumter, first Confederate combat casualty.
- 1918World War I, Western Front: Battle for Belleau Wood – Allied Forces under John J. Pershing and James Harbord engage Imperial German Forces under Wilhelm, German Crown Prince.
- 1946Ion Antonescu, “Conducator” (leader) of Romania during World War II, is executed.
- 1960New Zealand’s first official television broadcast commences at 7.30 pm from Auckland.
- 1978The first international applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty are filed.
- 1990George H. W. Bush and Mikhail Gorbachev sign a treaty to end chemical weapon production.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1796Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot, French physicist (d. 1832)
- 1815Otto of Greece (d. 1862)
- 1945Frederica von Stade, American mezzo-soprano
- 1959Alan Wilder, British musician (Depeche Mode and Recoil)
- 1960Simon Gallup, English bassist (The Cure)
- 1963Mike Joyce, English drummer (The Smiths)
- 1964Mark Curry, American comedian and actor
- 1967Roger Sanchez, American disc jockey
- 1972Mike Dunham, American hockey player
- 1973Frédérik Deburghgraeve, Belgian swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.