June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2021 was the 152nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RHFCVUADEZU? Check your answers here: Word search RHFCVUADEZU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1204King Philip Augustus of France conquers Rouen.
- 1215Zhongdu (now Beijing), then under the control of the Jurchen ruler Emperor Xuanzong of Jin, is captured by the Mongols under Genghis Khan, ending the Battle of Zhongdu.
- 1815Napoleon swears fidelity to the Constitution of France.
- 1857Charles Baudelaire’s Les Fleurs du mal is published.
- 1868Treaty of Bosque Redondo is signed allowing the Navajos to return to their lands in Arizona and New Mexico.
- 1890The United States Census Bureau begins using Herman Hollerith’s tabulating machine to count census returns.
- 1958Charles de Gaulle comes out of retirement to lead France by decree for six months.
- 1962The Pilkington Committee on Broadcasting concludes, among other things, that the British public did not want commercial radio broadcasting.
- 1978The first international applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty are filed.
- 2001Nepalese royal massacre: Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal shoots and kills several members of his family including his father and mother, King Birendra of Nepal and Queen Aiswarya.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1563Robert Cecil, 1st Earl of Salisbury, English statesman and spymaster (d. 1612)
- 1901Hap Day, Canadian hockey player and manager (d. 1990)
- 1903Vasyl Velychkovsky, Ukrainian bishop (d. 1973)
- 1940Katerina Gogou, Greek actress and poet (d. 1993)
- 1947Jonathan Pryce, British actor
- 1947Ron Dennis, F1 team principal (McLaren)
- 1947Ronnie Wood, English guitarist (Rolling Stones)
- 1948Michel Plasse, French Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2006)
- 1948Powers Boothe, American actor
- 1948Tomáš Halík, Czech priest and public intellectual
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.