June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2020 is the 153rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dennis’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1533Anne Boleyn is crowned Queen of England.
- 1660Mary Dyer is hanged for defying a law banning Quakers from the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- 1862American Civil War, Peninsula Campaign: Battle of Seven Pines (or the Battle of Fair Oaks) ends inconclusively, with both sides claiming victory.
- 1913The Greek-Serbian Treaty of Alliance is signed, paving the way for the Second Balkan War.
- 1918World War I, Western Front: Battle for Belleau Wood – Allied Forces under John J. Pershing and James Harbord engage Imperial German Forces under Wilhelm, German Crown Prince.
- 1941The Farhud, a pogrom of Iraqi Jews, takes place in Baghdad.
- 1946Ion Antonescu, “Conducator” (leader) of Romania during World War II, is executed.
- 1999American Airlines Flight 1420 slides and crashes while landing at Little Rock National Airport, killing 11 people on a flight from Dallas to Little Rock.
- 2001Dolphinarium massacre: A Hamas suicide bomber kills 21 at a disco in Tel Aviv.
- 2001Nepalese royal massacre: Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal shoots and kills several members of his family including his father and mother, King Birendra of Nepal and Queen Aiswarya.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1889Charles Kay Ogden, English polymath (d. 1957)
- 1899Edward Charles Titchmarsh, English mathematician (d. 1963)
- 1920Robert Clarke, American actor d. 2005
- 1930John Lemmon, English logician (d. 1966)
- 1936Bekim Fehmiu, Yugoslav actor (d. 2010)
- 1950Wayne Nelson, American musician (Little River Band)
- 1969René Liu, Taiwanese actress and singer
- 1977Brad Wilkerson, American baseball player
- 1979Santana Moss, American football player
- 1981Brandi Carlile, American singer and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.