June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2018 was the 152nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1204King Philip Augustus of France conquers Rouen.
- 1660Mary Dyer is hanged for defying a law banning Quakers from the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- 1779Benedict Arnold, a general in the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War, is court-martialed for malfeasance.
- 1794The battle of the Glorious First of June is fought, the first naval engagement between Britain and France during the French Revolutionary Wars.
- 1857Charles Baudelaire’s Les Fleurs du mal is published.
- 1861American Civil War, Battle of Fairfax Court House (June 1861), first land battle of American Civil War after Battle of Fort Sumter, first Confederate combat casualty.
- 1890The United States Census Bureau begins using Herman Hollerith’s tabulating machine to count census returns.
- 1910Robert Falcon Scott’s South Pole expedition leaves England.
- 1943British Overseas Airways Corporation Flight 777 is shot down over the Bay of Biscay by German Junkers Ju 88s, killing actor Leslie Howard and leading to speculation the downing was an attempt to kill British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- 1979The first black-led government of Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) in 90 years takes power.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1800Edward Deas Thomson, Australian politician (d. 1879)
- 1925Dilia Díaz Cisneros, Venezuelan teacher
- 1928Georgi Dobrovolski, Soviet cosmonaut (d. 1971)
- 1933Charles Wilson, American politician (d. 2010)
- 1944Robert Powell, English actor
- 1945Frederica von Stade, American mezzo-soprano
- 1971Mario Cimarro, Cuban actor and singer
- 1973Heidi Klum, German model
- 1975James Storm, American professional wrestler
- 1985Ari Herstand, American Singer/Songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.