June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2019 was the 152nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Janie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 987Hugh Capet is elected King of France.
- 1794The battle of the Glorious First of June is fought, the first naval engagement between Britain and France during the French Revolutionary Wars.
- 1868Treaty of Bosque Redondo is signed allowing the Navajos to return to their lands in Arizona and New Mexico.
- 1910Robert Falcon Scott’s South Pole expedition leaves England.
- 1922The Royal Ulster Constabulary is founded.
- 1929The 1st Conference of the Communist Parties of Latin America is held in Buenos Aires.
- 1960New Zealand’s first official television broadcast commences at 7.30 pm from Auckland.
- 1962The Pilkington Committee on Broadcasting concludes, among other things, that the British public did not want commercial radio broadcasting.
- 1978The first international applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty are filed.
- 2001Dolphinarium massacre: A Hamas suicide bomber kills 21 at a disco in Tel Aviv.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1480Tiedemann Giese, Polish Catholic bishop (d. 1550)
- 1878John Masefield, English novelist and poet (d. 1967)
- 1917William S. Knowles, American chemist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1922Povel Ramel, Swedish entertainer (d. 2007)
- 1925Marie Knight, American gospel singer (d. 2009)
- 1929James Billington – American librarian
- 1955Tony Snow, American news anchor, former White House Press Secretary for George W. Bush (d. 2008)
- 1974Melissa Sagemiller, American actress
- 1979Santana Moss, American football player
- 1985Nick Young, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.