June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2020 was the 153rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ruby’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1215Zhongdu (now Beijing), then under the control of the Jurchen ruler Emperor Xuanzong of Jin, is captured by the Mongols under Genghis Khan, ending the Battle of Zhongdu.
- 1252Alfonso X is elected King of Castile and León.
- 1648The Roundheads defeat the Cavaliers at the Battle of Maidstone in the Second English Civil War.
- 1794The battle of the Glorious First of June is fought, the first naval engagement between Britain and France during the French Revolutionary Wars.
- 1812War of 1812: U.S. President James Madison asks the Congress to declare war on the United Kingdom.
- 1921Tulsa Race Riot: civil unrest in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 1960New Zealand’s first official television broadcast commences at 7.30 pm from Auckland.
- 1974Flixborough disaster: an explosion at a chemical plant kills 28 people.
- 1978The first international applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty are filed.
- 2001Nepalese royal massacre: Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal shoots and kills several members of his family including his father and mother, King Birendra of Nepal and Queen Aiswarya.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1907Sir Frank Whittle, English inventor of the jet engine (d. 1996)
- 1935Reverend Ike, American televangelist (d. 2009)
- 1936Joe Doyle, Irish politician
- 1940René Auberjonois, American actor
- 1947Jonathan Pryce, British actor
- 1968Karen Mulder, Dutch model
- 1973Frédérik Deburghgraeve, Belgian swimmer
- 1974Akis Zikos, Greek footballer
- 1977Brad Wilkerson, American baseball player
- 1983Jake Silbermann, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.