June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2019 was the 152nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 193Roman Emperor Didius Julianus is assassinated.
- 987Hugh Capet is elected King of France.
- 1679The Scottish Covenanters defeat John Graham of Claverhouse at the Battle of Drumclog.
- 1857Charles Baudelaire’s Les Fleurs du mal is published.
- 1922The Royal Ulster Constabulary is founded.
- 1943British Overseas Airways Corporation Flight 777 is shot down over the Bay of Biscay by German Junkers Ju 88s, killing actor Leslie Howard and leading to speculation the downing was an attempt to kill British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- 1974The Heimlich maneuver for rescuing choking victims is published in the journal Emergency Medicine.
- 2001Dolphinarium massacre: A Hamas suicide bomber kills 21 at a disco in Tel Aviv.
- 2001Nepalese royal massacre: Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal shoots and kills several members of his family including his father and mother, King Birendra of Nepal and Queen Aiswarya.
- 2011A rare tornado outbreak occurs in New England; a strong EF3 tornado strikes Springfield, Massachusetts during the event, killing four people.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1929James Billington – American librarian
- 1933Haruo Remeliik, 1st President of Palau (d. 1985)
- 1936Gerald Scarfe, British illustrator
- 1940Katerina Gogou, Greek actress and poet (d. 1993)
- 1946Brian Cox, Scottish actor
- 1958Ahron Bregman, Israeli journalist
- 1961Paul Coffey, Canadian hockey player
- 1968Jason Donovan, Australian actor and singer
- 1970R. Madhavan, Indian actor
- 1974Alanis Morissette, Canadian singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.