June 1: Day of the Week
June 1, 2021 is the 152nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 213 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WDYEOSEPP? Check your answers here: Unscramble words WDYEOSEPP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1252Alfonso X is elected King of Castile and León.
- 1648The Roundheads defeat the Cavaliers at the Battle of Maidstone in the Second English Civil War.
- 1792Kentucky is admitted as the 15th state of the United States.
- 1857Charles Baudelaire’s Les Fleurs du mal is published.
- 1868Treaty of Bosque Redondo is signed allowing the Navajos to return to their lands in Arizona and New Mexico.
- 1879Napoleon Eugene, the last dynastic Bonaparte, is killed in the Anglo-Zulu War.
- 1929The 1st Conference of the Communist Parties of Latin America is held in Buenos Aires.
- 1980Cable News Network (CNN) begins broadcasting.
- 2001Dolphinarium massacre: A Hamas suicide bomber kills 21 at a disco in Tel Aviv.
- 2009General Motors files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. It is the fourth largest United States bankruptcy in history.
Who were born on June 1?
- 1563Robert Cecil, 1st Earl of Salisbury, English statesman and spymaster (d. 1612)
- 1790Ferdinand Raimund, Austrian playwright (d. 1836)
- 1796Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot, French physicist (d. 1832)
- 1833John Marshall Harlan, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (d. 1911)
- 1843Henry Faulds, Scottish fingerprinting pioneer (d. 1930)
- 1915John Randolph, American actor (d. 2004)
- 1945Frederica von Stade, American mezzo-soprano
- 1948Michel Plasse, French Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2006)
- 1984Naidangiin Tüvshinbayar, Mongolian athlete
- 1985Sam Young, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.