June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2021 was the 165th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EECFOQ? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EECFOQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1777The Stars and Stripes is adopted by Congress as the Flag of the United States.
- 1846Bear Flag Revolt begins – Anglo settlers in Sonoma, California, start a rebellion against Mexico and proclaim the California Republic.
- 1872Trade unions are legalised in Canada.
- 1937Pennsylvania becomes the first (and only) state of the United States to celebrate Flag Day officially as a state holiday.
- 1940The Soviet Union presents an ultimatum to Lithuania resulting in Lithuanian loss of independence.
- 1952The keel is laid for the nuclear submarine USS Nautilus.
- 1954U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that places the words “under God” into the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance.
- 1959A group of Dominican exiles with leftist tendencies that departed from Cuba land in the Dominican Republic with the intent of deposing Rafael Leónidas Trujillo Molina. Save for four of them, all are killed and/or executed by Trujillo’s army.
- 1966The Vatican announces the abolition of the Index Librorum Prohibitorum (index of prohibited books), which was originally instituted in 1557.
- 1994The 1994 Stanley Cup riot occurs after the New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup from Vancouver, causing an estimated C$1.1 million, thus forcing 200 arrests and injuries. One person is also left with permanent brain damage.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1877Jane Bathori, French mezzo-soprano (d. 1970)
- 1904Margaret Bourke-White, American photojournalist (d. 1971)
- 1914Pauline Moore, American actress (d. 2001)
- 1926Hermann Kant, German author
- 1943John Miles, British racing driver
- 1956King Diamond, Danish singer (King Diamond, Mercyful Fate)
- 1966Matt Freeman, American musician
- 1969Kyle Hebert, American voice actor
- 1983J.R. Martinez, American actor and soldier
- 1991Kostas Manolas, Greek footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.