June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2020 was the 166th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RRKEQELEMP? Check your answers here: Word search RRKEQELEMP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1381Richard II of England meets leaders of Peasants’ Revolt on Blackheath. The Tower of London is stormed by rebels who enter without resistance.
- 1648Margaret Jones is hanged in Boston for witchcraft in the first such execution for the Massachusetts colony.
- 1777The Stars and Stripes is adopted by Congress as the Flag of the United States.
- 1822Charles Babbage proposes a difference engine in a paper to the Royal Astronomical Society entitled “Note on the application of machinery to the computation of astronomical and mathematical tables”.
- 1900Hawaii becomes a United States territory.
- 1926Brazil leaves the League of Nations
- 1944World War II: After several failed attempts, the British Army abandons Operation Perch, its plan to capture the German-occupied town of Caen.
- 1951UNIVAC I is dedicated by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- 1985TWA Flight 847 is hijacked by Hezbollah shortly after take-off from Athens, Greece.
- 1994The 1994 Stanley Cup riot occurs after the New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup from Vancouver, causing an estimated C$1.1 million, thus forcing 200 arrests and injuries. One person is also left with permanent brain damage.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1811Harriet Beecher Stowe, American novelist and abolitionist (d. 1896)
- 1956Fred Funk, American professional golfer
- 1961Sam Perkins, American basketball player
- 1969MC Ren, American rapper
- 1971Ramon Vega, Swiss footballer
- 1974Joshua Radin, American songwriter
- 1976Alan Carr, British stand-up comedian and TV presenter
- 1977Massimiliano Neri, Italian supermodel
- 1982Lang Lang, Chinese pianist
- 1992Daryl Sabara, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.