June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2018 was the 165th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1285Forces led by Prince Tran Quang Khai of Vietnam’s Tran Dynasty destroys most of the invading Mongol naval fleet in a battle at Chuong Duong.
- 1287Kublai Khan defeated the force of Nayan and other traditionalist Borjigin princes in East Mongolia and Manchuria.
- 1789Mutiny on the Bounty: Bounty mutiny survivors including Captain William Bligh and 18 others reach Timor after a nearly 7,400 km journey in an open boat.
- 1822Charles Babbage proposes a difference engine in a paper to the Royal Astronomical Society entitled “Note on the application of machinery to the computation of astronomical and mathematical tables”.
- 1830Beginning of the French colonization of Algeria: 34,000 French soldiers begin their invasion of Algiers, landing 27 kilometers west at Sidi Fredj.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Second Winchester – a Union garrison is defeated by the Army of Northern Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley town of Winchester, Virginia.
- 1900The Reichstag approves a second law that allows the expansion of the German navy.
- 1937U.S. House of Representatives passes the Marihuana Tax Act.
- 1952The keel is laid for the nuclear submarine USS Nautilus.
- 1955Chile becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1798František Palacký, Czech scholar and politician (d. 1876)
- 1894Marie-Adélaïde, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (d. 1924)
- 1929Johnny Wilson, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2011)
- 1931Junior Walker, American saxophonist and singer (Jr. Walker & the All Stars) (d. 1995)
- 1952Pat Summitt, American basketball coach
- 1954Will Patton, American actor
- 1956King Diamond, Danish singer (King Diamond, Mercyful Fate)
- 1971Bruce Bowen, American basketball player
- 1972Rick Brunson, American basketball player
- 1986Jonathan Clare, English cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.