June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2019 is the 165th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1648Margaret Jones is hanged in Boston for witchcraft in the first such execution for the Massachusetts colony.
- 1807Emperor Napoleon I’s French Grande Armee defeats the Russian Army at the Battle of Friedland in Poland (modern Russian Kaliningrad Oblast) ending the War of the Fourth Coalition.
- 1830Beginning of the French colonization of Algeria: 34,000 French soldiers begin their invasion of Algiers, landing 27 kilometers west at Sidi Fredj.
- 1846Bear Flag Revolt begins – Anglo settlers in Sonoma, California, start a rebellion against Mexico and proclaim the California Republic.
- 1863Second Assault on the Confederate works at the Siege of Port Hudson during the American Civil War.
- 1919John Alcock and Arthur Whitten Brown depart St. John’s, Newfoundland on the first nonstop transatlantic flight.
- 1937U.S. House of Representatives passes the Marihuana Tax Act.
- 1940A group of 728 Polish political prisoners from Tarnów become the first residents of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
- 1982The Falklands War ends: Argentine forces in the capital Stanley unconditionally surrender to British forces.
- 1994The 1994 Stanley Cup riot occurs after the New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup from Vancouver, causing an estimated C$1.1 million, thus forcing 200 arrests and injuries. One person is also left with permanent brain damage.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1856Andrey Markov, Russian mathematician (d. 1922)
- 1925Pierre Salinger, American journalist; John F. Kennedy’s Press Secretary (d. 2004)
- 1928Ernesto “Che” Guevara, Argentine Cuban revolution figure (d. 1967)
- 1931Marla Gibbs, American actress
- 1947Hiroshi Miyauchi, Japanese actor
- 1957Suzanne Nora Johnson, American corporate executive
- 1975Bob Nanna, American musician (Braid, Hey Mercedes, The City on Film)
- 1978Diablo Cody, American screenwriter
- 1984Yury Prilukov, Russian swimmer
- 1989Lucy Hale, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.