June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2019 is the 165th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1648Margaret Jones is hanged in Boston for witchcraft in the first such execution for the Massachusetts colony.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: the Continental Army is established by the Continental Congress, marking the birth of the United States Army.
- 1822Charles Babbage proposes a difference engine in a paper to the Royal Astronomical Society entitled “Note on the application of machinery to the computation of astronomical and mathematical tables”.
- 1846Bear Flag Revolt begins – Anglo settlers in Sonoma, California, start a rebellion against Mexico and proclaim the California Republic.
- 1900The Reichstag approves a second law that allows the expansion of the German navy.
- 1907Norway adopts female suffrage.
- 1940A group of 728 Polish political prisoners from Tarnów become the first residents of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
- 1940World War II: Paris falls under German occupation, and Allied forces retreat.
- 1982The Falklands War ends: Argentine forces in the capital Stanley unconditionally surrender to British forces.
- 1994The 1994 Stanley Cup riot occurs after the New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup from Vancouver, causing an estimated C$1.1 million, thus forcing 200 arrests and injuries. One person is also left with permanent brain damage.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1856Andrey Markov, Russian mathematician (d. 1922)
- 1899Yasunari Kawabata, Japanese writer, Nobel laureate (d. 1972)
- 1928Ernesto “Che” Guevara, Argentine Cuban revolution figure (d. 1967)
- 1943Barry Burman, English figurative artist (d. 2001)
- 1972Rick Brunson, American basketball player
- 1973Sami Kapanen, Finnish hockey player
- 1977Chris McAlister, American football player
- 1982Jamie Green, British racing driver
- 1986Jonathan Clare, English cricketer
- 1989Lucy Hale, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.