June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2021 is the 165th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QOOIBQ? Check your answers here: Unscramble words QOOIBQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1276While taking exile in Fuzhou in southern China, away from the advancing Mongol invaders, the remnants of the Song Dynasty court hold the coronation ceremony for the young prince Zhao Shi, making him Emperor Duanzong of Song.
- 1285Forces led by Prince Tran Quang Khai of Vietnam’s Tran Dynasty destroys most of the invading Mongol naval fleet in a battle at Chuong Duong.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: the Continental Army is established by the Continental Congress, marking the birth of the United States Army.
- 1777The Stars and Stripes is adopted by Congress as the Flag of the United States.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Second Winchester – a Union garrison is defeated by the Army of Northern Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley town of Winchester, Virginia.
- 1872Trade unions are legalised in Canada.
- 1907Norway adopts female suffrage.
- 1937Pennsylvania becomes the first (and only) state of the United States to celebrate Flag Day officially as a state holiday.
- 1945World War II: U.S and Filipino forces at the Battle of Bessang Pass in Ilocos Sur province in Northern Luzon.
- 1955Chile becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1909Burl Ives, American musician (d. 1995)
- 1929Cy Coleman, American composer (d. 2004)
- 1929Johnny Wilson, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2011)
- 1931Junior Walker, American saxophonist and singer (Jr. Walker & the All Stars) (d. 1995)
- 1947Barry Melton, American guitarist (Country Joe and the Fish)
- 1949Alan White, British drummer (Yes)
- 1953David Thomas, American singer, songwriter, and musician (Rocket from the Tombs, Pere Ubu)
- 1953Janet Mackey, New Zealand politician
- 1972Rick Brunson, American basketball player
- 1973Ceca Raznatovic, Serbian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.