June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2020 was the 166th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ronnie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1276While taking exile in Fuzhou in southern China, away from the advancing Mongol invaders, the remnants of the Song Dynasty court hold the coronation ceremony for the young prince Zhao Shi, making him Emperor Duanzong of Song.
- 1648Margaret Jones is hanged in Boston for witchcraft in the first such execution for the Massachusetts colony.
- 1789Whiskey distilled from maize is first produced by American clergyman the Rev Elijah Craig. It is named Bourbon because Rev Craig lived in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
- 1863Second Assault on the Confederate works at the Siege of Port Hudson during the American Civil War.
- 1940A group of 728 Polish political prisoners from Tarnów become the first residents of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
- 1944World War II: After several failed attempts, the British Army abandons Operation Perch, its plan to capture the German-occupied town of Caen.
- 1954U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that places the words “under God” into the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance.
- 1955Chile becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1962The European Space Research Organisation is established in Paris – later becoming the European Space Agency.
- 1966The Vatican announces the abolition of the Index Librorum Prohibitorum (index of prohibited books), which was originally instituted in 1557.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1811Harriet Beecher Stowe, American novelist and abolitionist (d. 1896)
- 1945Rod Argent, English musician (The Zombies, Argent)
- 1959Marcus Miller, American jazz bassist and clarinetist
- 1964Peter Gilliver, English lexicographer
- 1977Chris McAlister, American football player
- 1977Massimiliano Neri, Italian supermodel
- 1984Siobhán Donaghy, British singer (Sugababes)
- 1986Jonathan Clare, English cricketer
- 1987Andrew Cogliano, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Kevin McHale, American singer and actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.