June 14: Day of the Week
June 14, 2019 was the 165th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 200 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
June 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1276While taking exile in Fuzhou in southern China, away from the advancing Mongol invaders, the remnants of the Song Dynasty court hold the coronation ceremony for the young prince Zhao Shi, making him Emperor Duanzong of Song.
- 1381Richard II of England meets leaders of Peasants’ Revolt on Blackheath. The Tower of London is stormed by rebels who enter without resistance.
- 1789Whiskey distilled from maize is first produced by American clergyman the Rev Elijah Craig. It is named Bourbon because Rev Craig lived in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
- 1821Badi VII, king of Sennar, surrenders his throne and realm to Isma'il Pasha, general of the Ottoman Empire, ending the existence of that Sudanese kingdom.
- 1822Charles Babbage proposes a difference engine in a paper to the Royal Astronomical Society entitled “Note on the application of machinery to the computation of astronomical and mathematical tables”.
- 1872Trade unions are legalised in Canada.
- 1907Norway adopts female suffrage.
- 1940The Soviet Union presents an ultimatum to Lithuania resulting in Lithuanian loss of independence.
- 1940World War II: Paris falls under German occupation, and Allied forces retreat.
- 1966The Vatican announces the abolition of the Index Librorum Prohibitorum (index of prohibited books), which was originally instituted in 1557.
Who were born on June 14?
- 1904Margaret Bourke-White, American photojournalist (d. 1971)
- 1916Dorothy McGuire, American actress (d. 2001)
- 1949Jim Lea, British musician (Slade)
- 1953David Thomas, American singer, songwriter, and musician (Rocket from the Tombs, Pere Ubu)
- 1955Michael D. Duvall, American state politician
- 1956Fred Funk, American professional golfer
- 1959Marcus Miller, American jazz bassist and clarinetist
- 1971Bruce Bowen, American basketball player
- 1984Lorenzo Booker, American football player
- 1985Andy Soucek, Spanish racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.