June 17: Day of the Week
June 17, 2019 was the 168th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 197 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
June 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1631Mumtaz Mahal dies during childbirth. Her husband, Mughal emperor Shah Jahan I, will spend the next 17 years building her mausoleum, the Taj Mahal.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: Colonists inflict heavy casualties on British forces while losing the Battle of Bunker Hill.
- 1901The College Board introduces its first standardized test, the forerunner to the SAT.
- 1910Aurel Vlaicu pilots a A. Vlaicu nr. 1 on its first flight.
- 1939Last public guillotining in France: Eugen Weidmann, a convicted murderer, is guillotined in Versailles outside the Saint-Pierre prison
- 1940The three Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania fall under the occupation of the Soviet Union.
- 1948A Douglas DC-6 carrying United Airlines Flight 624 crashes near Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania, killing all 43 people on board.
- 1960The Nez Perce tribe is awarded $4 million for 7 e6acre of land undervalued at 4 cents/acre in the 1863 treaty.
- 1987With the death of the last individual of the species, the Dusky Seaside Sparrow becomes extinct.
- 1994Following a televised low-speed highway chase, O.J. Simpson is arrested for the murders of his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman.
Who were born on June 17?
- 1881Tommy Burns, Canadian boxer (d. 1955)
- 1898M. C. Escher, Dutch artist (d. 1972)
- 1900Martin Bormann, German Nazi official (d. 1945)
- 1945Eddy Merckx, Belgian cyclist
- 1945Tommy Franks, American General
- 1954Len Davies, British pro wrestling promoter
- 1958Jon Leibowitz, American government official
- 1973Louis Leterrier, French film director
- 1978Kumiko Aso, Japanese actress
- 1983Lee Ryan, British singer (Blue)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.