June 19: Day of the Week
June 19, 2020 is the 171st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 195 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Abel’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1269King Louis IX of France orders all Jews found in public without an identifying yellow badge to be fined ten livres of silver.
- 1770Emanuel Swedenborg reports the completion of the Second Coming of Christ in his work True Christian Religion.
- 1846The first officially recorded, organized baseball match is played under Alexander Cartwright’s rules on Hoboken, New Jersey’s Elysian Fields with the New York Base Ball Club defeating the Knickerbockers 23-1. Cartwright umpired.
- 1850Princess Louise of the Netherlands marries Crown Prince Karl of Sweden-Norway.
- 1862The U.S. Congress prohibits slavery in United States territories, nullifying Dred Scott v. Sandford.
- 1867Maximilian I of the Mexican Empire is executed by a firing squad in Querétaro, Querétaro.
- 1870After all of the Southern States are formally readmitted to the United States, the Confederate States of America ceases to exist.
- 1875The Herzegovinian rebellion against the Ottoman Empire begins.
- 1913Natives’ Land Act in South Africa implemented.
- 1982The body of God’s Banker, Roberto Calvi is found hanging beneath Blackfriars Bridge in London.
Who were born on June 19?
- 1815Cornelius Krieghoff, Canadian painter (d. 1872)
- 1851Billy Midwinter, Australian cricketer (d. 1890)
- 1914Lester Flatt, American musician (d. 1979)
- 1922Fritz Schollmeyer, German football manager
- 1930Gena Rowlands, American actress
- 1938Ian Smith, Australian actor
- 1947Salman Rushdie, Indian author
- 1963Rory Underwood, English rugby union footballer
- 1964Brian Vander Ark, American musician
- 1970Quincy Watts, American athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.