June 19: Day of the Week
June 19, 2019 was the 170th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 195 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brandon’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1269King Louis IX of France orders all Jews found in public without an identifying yellow badge to be fined ten livres of silver.
- 1586English colonists leave Roanoke Island, after failing to establish England’s first permanent settlement in North America.
- 1870After all of the Southern States are formally readmitted to the United States, the Confederate States of America ceases to exist.
- 1953Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are executed at Sing Sing, in New York.
- 1964The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is approved after surviving an 83-day filibuster in the United States Senate.
- 1966Shiv Sena a political party in India is founded in Mumbai.
- 1978Garfield, holder of the Guinness World Record for the world’s most widely syndicated comic strip, makes its debut.
- 1985Members of the Revolutionary Party of Central American Workers, dressed as Salvadoran soldiers, attack the Zona Rosa area of San Salvador.
- 1990The current international law defending indigenous peoples, Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention, 1989, is ratified for the first time by Norway.
- 2009War in North-West Pakistan: The Pakistani Armed Forces open Operation Rah-e-Nijat against the Taliban and other Islamist rebels in the South Waziristan area of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
Who were born on June 19?
- 1717Johann Stamitz, Czech violinist and composer (d. 1757)
- 1764José Gervasio Artigas, father of Uruguay (d. 1850)
- 1851Billy Midwinter, Australian cricketer (d. 1890)
- 1915Julius Schwartz, American editor and agent (d. 2004)
- 1932Marisa Pavan, Italian-born actress
- 1938Ian Smith, Australian actor
- 1976Patrick Surtain, American football player
- 1977Veronika Vařeková, Czech supermodel
- 1980Lauren Lee Smith, Canadian actress
- 1983Mark Selby, British snooker player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.