June 19: Day of the Week
June 19, 2021 is the 170th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 195 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jorge’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1306The Earl of Pembroke’s army defeats Bruce’s Scottish army at the Battle of Methven.
- 1816Battle of Seven Oaks between North West Company and Hudson’s Bay Company, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- 1846The first officially recorded, organized baseball match is played under Alexander Cartwright’s rules on Hoboken, New Jersey’s Elysian Fields with the New York Base Ball Club defeating the Knickerbockers 23-1. Cartwright umpired.
- 1862The U.S. Congress prohibits slavery in United States territories, nullifying Dred Scott v. Sandford.
- 1875The Herzegovinian rebellion against the Ottoman Empire begins.
- 1934The Communications Act of 1934 establishes the United States’ Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- 1944World War II: First day of the Battle of the Philippine Sea.
- 1982In one of the first militant attacks by Hezbollah, David S. Dodge, president of the American University in Beirut, is kidnapped.
- 1982The body of God’s Banker, Roberto Calvi is found hanging beneath Blackfriars Bridge in London.
- 1987Basque separatist group ETA commits one of its most violent attacks, in which a bomb is set off in a supermarket, Hipercor, killing 21 and injuring 45.
Who were born on June 19?
- 1854Alfredo Catalani, Italian musician (d. 1893)
- 1914Alan Cranston, American politician (d. 2000)
- 1930François Abadie, French politician (d. 2001)
- 1951Francesco Moser, Italian cyclist
- 1964Boris Johnson, British politician
- 1969Thomas Breitling, American entrepreneur
- 1976Ryan Hurst, American actor
- 1977Rebecca Loos, Dutch model
- 1978Zoe Saldana, American actress
- 1980Milka Loff Fernandes, German actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.