June 19: Day of the Week
June 19, 2019 is the 170th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 195 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1179The Norwegian Battle of Kalvskinnet outside Nidaros. Earl Erling Skakke is killed, and the battle changes the tide of the civil wars.
- 1306The Earl of Pembroke’s army defeats Bruce’s Scottish army at the Battle of Methven.
- 1850Princess Louise of the Netherlands marries Crown Prince Karl of Sweden-Norway.
- 1862The U.S. Congress prohibits slavery in United States territories, nullifying Dred Scott v. Sandford.
- 1934The Communications Act of 1934 establishes the United States’ Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- 1978Garfield, holder of the Guinness World Record for the world’s most widely syndicated comic strip, makes its debut.
- 1982In one of the first militant attacks by Hezbollah, David S. Dodge, president of the American University in Beirut, is kidnapped.
- 1985Members of the Revolutionary Party of Central American Workers, dressed as Salvadoran soldiers, attack the Zona Rosa area of San Salvador.
- 1991The Soviet occupation of Hungary ends.
- 2009War in North-West Pakistan: The Pakistani Armed Forces open Operation Rah-e-Nijat against the Taliban and other Islamist rebels in the South Waziristan area of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
Who were born on June 19?
- 1771Joseph Gergonne, French mathematician (d. 1859)
- 1903Hans Litten, German jurist (d. 1938)
- 1912Don Gutteridge, American baseball player (d. 2008)
- 1914Lester Flatt, American musician (d. 1979)
- 1921Louis Jourdan, French actor
- 1945Radovan Karadžić, Serbian-Bosnian politician
- 1958Meredith Brooks, American singer/songwriter
- 1972Eric Sheffer Stevens, American actor
- 1980Robbie Neilson, Scottish footballer
- 1981Moss Burmester, New Zealand swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.