June 19: Day of the Week
June 19, 2023 is the 170th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 195 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CEONKMVMOOKE? Check your answers here: Word solver CEONKMVMOOKE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1586English colonists leave Roanoke Island, after failing to establish England’s first permanent settlement in North America.
- 1862The U.S. Congress prohibits slavery in United States territories, nullifying Dred Scott v. Sandford.
- 1870After all of the Southern States are formally readmitted to the United States, the Confederate States of America ceases to exist.
- 1875The Herzegovinian rebellion against the Ottoman Empire begins.
- 1910The first Father’s Day is celebrated in Spokane, Washington.
- 1982In one of the first militant attacks by Hezbollah, David S. Dodge, president of the American University in Beirut, is kidnapped.
- 1987Basque separatist group ETA commits one of its most violent attacks, in which a bomb is set off in a supermarket, Hipercor, killing 21 and injuring 45.
- 1990The current international law defending indigenous peoples, Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention, 1989, is ratified for the first time by Norway.
- 1991The Soviet occupation of Hungary ends.
- 2009War in North-West Pakistan: The Pakistani Armed Forces open Operation Rah-e-Nijat against the Taliban and other Islamist rebels in the South Waziristan area of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
Who were born on June 19?
- 1861Douglas Haig, 1st Earl Haig, British World War I military figure (d. 1928)
- 1872Theodore Payne, English horticulturist (d. 1963)
- 1905Mildred Natwick, American actress (d. 1994)
- 1957Anna Lindh, Swedish politician (d. 2003)
- 1972Robin Tunney, American actress
- 1976Patrick Surtain, American football player
- 1981Moss Burmester, New Zealand swimmer
- 1982Joe Cheng, Taiwanese actor
- 1983Mark Selby, British snooker player
- 1986Dimitris Sialmas, Greek footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.