June 19: Day of the Week
June 19, 2019 was the 170th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 195 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Anne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1179The Norwegian Battle of Kalvskinnet outside Nidaros. Earl Erling Skakke is killed, and the battle changes the tide of the civil wars.
- 1586English colonists leave Roanoke Island, after failing to establish England’s first permanent settlement in North America.
- 1850Princess Louise of the Netherlands marries Crown Prince Karl of Sweden-Norway.
- 1865Over two years after the Emancipation Proclamation, slaves in Galveston, Texas, United States, are finally informed of their freedom. The anniversary is still officially celebrated in Texas and 13 other contiguous states as Juneteenth.
- 1910The first Father’s Day is celebrated in Spokane, Washington.
- 1978Garfield, holder of the Guinness World Record for the world’s most widely syndicated comic strip, makes its debut.
- 1982In one of the first militant attacks by Hezbollah, David S. Dodge, president of the American University in Beirut, is kidnapped.
- 1985Members of the Revolutionary Party of Central American Workers, dressed as Salvadoran soldiers, attack the Zona Rosa area of San Salvador.
- 1990The current international law defending indigenous peoples, Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention, 1989, is ratified for the first time by Norway.
- 2009War in North-West Pakistan: The Pakistani Armed Forces open Operation Rah-e-Nijat against the Taliban and other Islamist rebels in the South Waziristan area of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
Who were born on June 19?
- 1792Gustav Schwab, German author (d. 1850)
- 1815Cornelius Krieghoff, Canadian painter (d. 1872)
- 1872Theodore Payne, English horticulturist (d. 1963)
- 1884Georges Ribemont-Dessaignes, French Dadaist artist and writer (d. 1974)
- 1919Pauline Kael, American movie critic (d. 2001)
- 1962Paula Abdul, American singer and choreographer
- 1964Bill Barretta, American actor and puppeteer
- 1982Joe Cheng, Taiwanese actor
- 1985Jason Capizzi, American football player
- 1985José Ernesto Sosa, Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.