June 19: Day of the Week
June 19, 2019 is the 170th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 195 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1816Battle of Seven Oaks between North West Company and Hudson’s Bay Company, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- 1846The first officially recorded, organized baseball match is played under Alexander Cartwright’s rules on Hoboken, New Jersey’s Elysian Fields with the New York Base Ball Club defeating the Knickerbockers 23-1. Cartwright umpired.
- 1850Princess Louise of the Netherlands marries Crown Prince Karl of Sweden-Norway.
- 1862The U.S. Congress prohibits slavery in United States territories, nullifying Dred Scott v. Sandford.
- 1867Maximilian I of the Mexican Empire is executed by a firing squad in Querétaro, Querétaro.
- 1964The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is approved after surviving an 83-day filibuster in the United States Senate.
- 1985Members of the Revolutionary Party of Central American Workers, dressed as Salvadoran soldiers, attack the Zona Rosa area of San Salvador.
- 1990The current international law defending indigenous peoples, Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention, 1989, is ratified for the first time by Norway.
- 2009Mass riots involving over 10,000 people and 10,000 police officers break out in Shishou, China, over the dubious circumstances surrounding the death of a local chef.
- 2009War in North-West Pakistan: The Pakistani Armed Forces open Operation Rah-e-Nijat against the Taliban and other Islamist rebels in the South Waziristan area of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
Who were born on June 19?
- 1595Guru Hargobind, Indian religious figure (d. 1644)
- 1846Antonio Abetti, Italian astronomer (d. 1928)
- 1915Pat Buttram, American actor (d. 1994)
- 1921Louis Jourdan, French actor
- 1945Radovan Karadžić, Serbian-Bosnian politician
- 1950Ann Wilson, American musician
- 1951Ayman al-Zawahiri, Egyptian terrorist
- 1966Joichi Ito, Japanese entrepreneur
- 1978Zoe Saldana, American actress
- 1982Chris Vermeulen, Australian motorcycle racer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.