June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2020 is the 175th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Amber’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1314First War of Scottish Independence: The Battle of Bannockburn (south of Stirling) begins.
- 1611The mutinous crew of Henry Hudson’s fourth voyage sets Henry, his son and seven loyal crew members adrift in an open boat in what is now Hudson Bay; they are never heard from again.
- 1683William Penn signs a friendship treaty with Lenni Lenape Indians in Pennsylvania.
- 1860The United States Congress establishes the Government Printing Office.
- 1913Second Balkan War: The Greeks defeat the Bulgarians in the Battle of Doiran.
- 1917In a game against the Washington Senators, Boston Red Sox pitcher Ernie Shore retires 26 batters in a row after replacing Babe Ruth, who had been ejected for punching the umpire.
- 1938The Civil Aeronautics Act is signed into law, forming the Civil Aeronautics Authority in the United States.
- 1959Convicted Manhattan Project spy Klaus Fuchs is released after only nine years in prison and allowed to emigrate to Dresden, East Germany where he resumes a scientific career.
- 1967Cold War: U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson meets with Soviet Premier Alexei Kosygin in Glassboro, New Jersey for the three-day Glassboro Summit Conference.
- 1985A terrorist bomb aboard Air India flight 182 brings the Boeing 747 down off the coast of Ireland killing all 329 aboard.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1824Carl Reinecke, German musician and composer (d. 1910)
- 1863Sándor Bródy, Hungarian writer (d. 1924)
- 1907James Meade, English economist, Nobel laureate (d. 1995)
- 1925Miriam Karlin, English actress (d. 2011)
- 1935Maurice Ferre, American politician
- 1943James Levine, American conductor
- 1966Richie Ren, Taiwanese singer and actor
- 1970Martin Deschamps, Canadian singer (Offenbach)
- 1971Fred Ewanuick, Canadian actor
- 1981Antony Costa, British singer and songwriter (Blue)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.