June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2018 was the 174th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1661Marriage contract between Charles II of England and Catherine of Braganza.
- 1865American Civil War: at Fort Towson in the Oklahoma Territory, Confederate, Brigadier General Stand Watie surrenders the last significant rebel army.
- 1894The International Olympic Committee is founded at the Sorbonne in Paris, at the initiative of Baron Pierre de Coubertin.
- 1913Second Balkan War: The Greeks defeat the Bulgarians in the Battle of Doiran.
- 1940World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler surveys newly defeated Paris in now occupied France.
- 1941The Lithuanian Activist Front declares independence from the Soviet Union and forms the Provisional Government of Lithuania; it lasts only briefly as the Nazis will occupy Lithuania a few weeks later.
- 1942World War II: the first selections for the gas chamber at Auschwitz take place on a train full of Jews from Paris.
- 1956The French National Assembly takes the first step in creating the French Community by passing the Loi Cadre, transferring a number of powers from Paris to elected territorial governments in French West Africa.
- 196874 are killed and 150 injured in a football stampede towards a closed exit in a Buenos Aires stadium.
- 1972Title IX of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964 is amended to prohibit sexual discrimination to any educational program receiving federal funds.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1884Cyclone Taylor, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1979)
- 1888Lee Moran, American actor (d. 1961)
- 1948Myles Goodwyn, Canadian guitarist and vocalist (April Wine)
- 1952Anthony Jackson, American electric bass guitar player
- 1956Randy Jackson, American music producer
- 1969Martin Klebba, American actor
- 1975Jeffrey Carlson, American actor
- 1976Joe Becker, American guitarist
- 1983Brooks Laich, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1984Dave Walsh, American professional gamer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.