June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2019 is the 174th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1611The mutinous crew of Henry Hudson’s fourth voyage sets Henry, his son and seven loyal crew members adrift in an open boat in what is now Hudson Bay; they are never heard from again.
- 1713The French residents of Acadia are given one year to declare allegiance to Britain or leave Nova Scotia, Canada.
- 1757Battle of Plassey – 3,000 British troops under Robert Clive defeat a 50,000 strong Indian army under Siraj Ud Daulah at Plassey.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Battle of Krefeld – British forces defeat French troops at Krefeld in Germany.
- 1810John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- 1887The Rocky Mountains Park Act becomes law in Canada creating the nation’s first national park, Banff National Park.
- 1914Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa takes Zacatecas from Victoriano Huerta.
- 1946The 1946 Vancouver Island earthquake strikes Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- 1959Convicted Manhattan Project spy Klaus Fuchs is released after only nine years in prison and allowed to emigrate to Dresden, East Germany where he resumes a scientific career.
- 1972Title IX of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964 is amended to prohibit sexual discrimination to any educational program receiving federal funds.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1799John Milton Bernhisel, American physician (d. 1881)
- 1925Miriam Karlin, English actress (d. 2011)
- 1940Wilma Rudolph, American runner (d. 1994)
- 1941Robert Hunter, American lyricist and poet (The Grateful Dead)
- 1955Pierre Corbeil, Canadian politician
- 1965Paul Arthurs, British guitarist (Oasis)
- 1966Chico DeBarge, American R&B singer (DeBarge)
- 1969Martin Klebba, American actor
- 1973Marija Naumova, Latvian singer
- 1980Ramnaresh Sarwan, Guyanese cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.