June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2020 is the 175th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Penelope’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 79Titus succeeds his father Vespasian as the tenth Roman Emperor.
- 1305A peace treaty between the Flemish and the French is signed at Athis-sur-Orge.
- 1611The mutinous crew of Henry Hudson’s fourth voyage sets Henry, his son and seven loyal crew members adrift in an open boat in what is now Hudson Bay; they are never heard from again.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Battle of Krefeld – British forces defeat French troops at Krefeld in Germany.
- 1810John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- 1914Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa takes Zacatecas from Victoriano Huerta.
- 1919Estonian War of Independence: the decisive defeat of the Baltische Landeswehr in the Battle of Cesis. This day is celebrated as Victory Day in Estonia.
- 1938The Civil Aeronautics Act is signed into law, forming the Civil Aeronautics Authority in the United States.
- 1947The United States Senate follows the United States House of Representatives in overriding U.S. President Harry Truman’s veto of the Taft-Hartley Act.
- 1958The Dutch Reformed Church accepts women ministers.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1716Fletcher Norton, 1st Baron Grantley, English politician (d. 1789)
- 1750Déodat Gratet de Dolomieu, French geologist (d. 1801)
- 1824Carl Reinecke, German musician and composer (d. 1910)
- 1910Jean Anouilh, French dramatist (d. 1987)
- 1946Ted Shackelford, American actor
- 1956Randy Jackson, American music producer
- 1962Kari Takko, Finnish ice hockey player
- 1965Mitch Longley American actor
- 1976Brandon Stokley, American football player
- 1980Becky Cloonan, American comic book artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.