June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2022 was the 174th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UCMDEEYEOQS? Check your answers here: Word scramble UCMDEEYEOQS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1180First Battle of Uji, starting the Genpei War in Japan.
- 1532Henry VIII and François I sign a secret treaty against Emperor Charles V.
- 1565Turgut Reis (Dragut), commander of the Ottoman navy, dies during the Siege of Malta.
- 1713The French residents of Acadia are given one year to declare allegiance to Britain or leave Nova Scotia, Canada.
- 1794Empress Catherine II of Russia grants Jews permission to settle in Kiev.
- 1810John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- 1941The Lithuanian Activist Front declares independence from the Soviet Union and forms the Provisional Government of Lithuania; it lasts only briefly as the Nazis will occupy Lithuania a few weeks later.
- 1942World War II: the first selections for the gas chamber at Auschwitz take place on a train full of Jews from Paris.
- 1958The Dutch Reformed Church accepts women ministers.
- 1973A fire at a house in Hull, England which kills a six year old boy is passed off as an accident; it later emerges as the first of 26 deaths by fire caused over the next seven years by arsonist Peter Dinsdale.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1683Etienne Fourmont, French orientalist (d. 1745)
- 1750Déodat Gratet de Dolomieu, French geologist (d. 1801)
- 1763Joséphine de Beauharnais, wife of Napoleon I Bonaparte (d. 1814)
- 1888Lee Moran, American actor (d. 1961)
- 1909David Lewis, Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1981)
- 1937Niki Sullivan, American guitarist (The Crickets) (d. 2004)
- 1965Natalia Germanou Greek lyricist, television hostess, radio producer, DJ and journalist
- 1976Joe Becker, American guitarist
- 1987Jacob Lusk, Singer, American Idol season 10 finalist
- 1989Marielle Jaffe, American model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.