June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2022 is the 174th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OVBIADCOYFIJ? Check your answers here: Word scramble OVBIADCOYFIJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1713The French residents of Acadia are given one year to declare allegiance to Britain or leave Nova Scotia, Canada.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Battle of Krefeld – British forces defeat French troops at Krefeld in Germany.
- 1794Empress Catherine II of Russia grants Jews permission to settle in Kiev.
- 1812War of 1812: Great Britain revokes the restrictions on American commerce, thus eliminating one of the chief reasons for going to war.
- 1913Second Balkan War: The Greeks defeat the Bulgarians in the Battle of Doiran.
- 1938The Civil Aeronautics Act is signed into law, forming the Civil Aeronautics Authority in the United States.
- 1943World War II: The British destroyers HMS Eclipse and HMS Laforey sink the Italian submarine Ascianghi in the Mediterranean after she torpedoes the cruiser HMS Newfoundland.
- 196874 are killed and 150 injured in a football stampede towards a closed exit in a Buenos Aires stadium.
- 1972Title IX of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964 is amended to prohibit sexual discrimination to any educational program receiving federal funds.
- 1985A terrorist bomb aboard Air India flight 182 brings the Boeing 747 down off the coast of Ireland killing all 329 aboard.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1824Carl Reinecke, German musician and composer (d. 1910)
- 1903Paul Joseph James Martin, Canadian politician (d. 1992)
- 1919Mohamed Boudiaf, Algerian political leader (d. 1992)
- 1937Niki Sullivan, American guitarist (The Crickets) (d. 2004)
- 1941Richard M. Roberts, American attorney
- 1941Roger McDonald, Australian writer
- 1949Gordon Bray, Australian sports broadcaster
- 1962Steve Shelley, American drummer (The Crucifucks, Sonic Youth)
- 1976Brandon Stokley, American football player
- 1989Marielle Jaffe, American model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.