June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2020 was the 175th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EPVRNJIWA? Check your answers here: Words with these letters EPVRNJIWA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1314First War of Scottish Independence: The Battle of Bannockburn (south of Stirling) begins.
- 1757Battle of Plassey – 3,000 British troops under Robert Clive defeat a 50,000 strong Indian army under Siraj Ud Daulah at Plassey.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Battle of Krefeld – British forces defeat French troops at Krefeld in Germany.
- 1780American Revolution: Battle of Springfield fought in and around Springfield, New Jersey (including Short Hills, formerly of Springfield, now of Millburn Township).
- 1794Empress Catherine II of Russia grants Jews permission to settle in Kiev.
- 1938The Civil Aeronautics Act is signed into law, forming the Civil Aeronautics Authority in the United States.
- 1941The Lithuanian Activist Front declares independence from the Soviet Union and forms the Provisional Government of Lithuania; it lasts only briefly as the Nazis will occupy Lithuania a few weeks later.
- 1943World War II: The British destroyers HMS Eclipse and HMS Laforey sink the Italian submarine Ascianghi in the Mediterranean after she torpedoes the cruiser HMS Newfoundland.
- 1961Cold War: the Antarctic Treaty, which sets aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve and bans military activity on the continent, comes into force after the opening date for signature set for the December 1, 1959.
- 196874 are killed and 150 injured in a football stampede towards a closed exit in a Buenos Aires stadium.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1910Jean Anouilh, French dramatist (d. 1987)
- 1925Miriam Karlin, English actress (d. 2011)
- 1928Jean Cione, American All-American Girls Professional Baseball League player (d. 2010)
- 1948Myles Goodwyn, Canadian guitarist and vocalist (April Wine)
- 1955Glenn Danzig, American musician
- 1961LaSalle Thompson, American basketball player
- 1965Natalia Germanou Greek lyricist, television hostess, radio producer, DJ and journalist
- 1966Richie Ren, Taiwanese singer and actor
- 1975Kevin Dyson, American football player
- 1976Emmanuelle Vaugier, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.