June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2019 is the 174th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1532Henry VIII and François I sign a secret treaty against Emperor Charles V.
- 1757Battle of Plassey – 3,000 British troops under Robert Clive defeat a 50,000 strong Indian army under Siraj Ud Daulah at Plassey.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Battle of Krefeld – British forces defeat French troops at Krefeld in Germany.
- 1919Estonian War of Independence: the decisive defeat of the Baltische Landeswehr in the Battle of Cesis. This day is celebrated as Victory Day in Estonia.
- 1956The French National Assembly takes the first step in creating the French Community by passing the Loi Cadre, transferring a number of powers from Paris to elected territorial governments in French West Africa.
- 1959A fire in a resort hotel in Stalheim (Norway) kills 34 people.
- 1959Convicted Manhattan Project spy Klaus Fuchs is released after only nine years in prison and allowed to emigrate to Dresden, East Germany where he resumes a scientific career.
- 1961Cold War: the Antarctic Treaty, which sets aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve and bans military activity on the continent, comes into force after the opening date for signature set for the December 1, 1959.
- 1967Cold War: U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson meets with Soviet Premier Alexei Kosygin in Glassboro, New Jersey for the three-day Glassboro Summit Conference.
- 196874 are killed and 150 injured in a football stampede towards a closed exit in a Buenos Aires stadium.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1668Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher and historian (d. 1744)
- 1922Hal Laycoe, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1998)
- 1937Martti Ahtisaari, Finnish statesman, Nobel laureate
- 1956Tony Hill, American football player
- 1961Zoran Janjetov, Serbian comic artist
- 1973Marija Naumova, Latvian singer
- 1975Mik Kersten, Canadian computer scientist
- 1983Brooks Laich, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1984Takeshi Matsuda, Japanese swimmer
- 1996Charlie Jones, British actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.