June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2020 was the 175th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IZSTFANQMUAO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words IZSTFANQMUAO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 79Titus succeeds his father Vespasian as the tenth Roman Emperor.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Battle of Krefeld – British forces defeat French troops at Krefeld in Germany.
- 1914Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa takes Zacatecas from Victoriano Huerta.
- 1942World War II: Germany’s latest fighter, a Focke-Wulf Fw 190, is captured intact when it mistakenly lands at RAF Pembrey in Wales.
- 1956The French National Assembly takes the first step in creating the French Community by passing the Loi Cadre, transferring a number of powers from Paris to elected territorial governments in French West Africa.
- 1958The Dutch Reformed Church accepts women ministers.
- 1959A fire in a resort hotel in Stalheim (Norway) kills 34 people.
- 1972Title IX of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964 is amended to prohibit sexual discrimination to any educational program receiving federal funds.
- 1973A fire at a house in Hull, England which kills a six year old boy is passed off as an accident; it later emerges as the first of 26 deaths by fire caused over the next seven years by arsonist Peter Dinsdale.
- 1982Chinese American Vincent Chin is beaten to death in Highland Park, Michigan, by two auto workers who had mistaken him for Japanese and who were angry about the success of Japanese auto companies.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1927Bob Fosse, American choreographer (d. 1987)
- 1948Luther Kent, American blues singer
- 1951Jim Metzler, American actor
- 1956Tony Hill, American football player
- 1961LaSalle Thompson, American basketball player
- 1974Joel Edgerton, Australian actor
- 1976Wade Barrett, American soccer player
- 1977Shaun O'Hara, American football player
- 1987Alessia Filippi, Italian swimmer
- 1989Marielle Jaffe, American model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.