June 23: Day of the Week
June 23, 2019 was the 174th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 191 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Vera’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 23 Historical Event(s)
- 79Titus succeeds his father Vespasian as the tenth Roman Emperor.
- 1532Henry VIII and François I sign a secret treaty against Emperor Charles V.
- 1683William Penn signs a friendship treaty with Lenni Lenape Indians in Pennsylvania.
- 1865American Civil War: at Fort Towson in the Oklahoma Territory, Confederate, Brigadier General Stand Watie surrenders the last significant rebel army.
- 1946The 1946 Vancouver Island earthquake strikes Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- 1958The Dutch Reformed Church accepts women ministers.
- 1959Convicted Manhattan Project spy Klaus Fuchs is released after only nine years in prison and allowed to emigrate to Dresden, East Germany where he resumes a scientific career.
- 1969Warren E. Burger is sworn in as Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court by retiring Chief Justice Earl Warren.
- 1972Watergate Scandal: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon and White House Chief of Staff H. R. Haldeman are taped talking about using the Central Intelligence Agency to obstruct the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s investigation into the Watergate break-ins.
- 1973A fire at a house in Hull, England which kills a six year old boy is passed off as an accident; it later emerges as the first of 26 deaths by fire caused over the next seven years by arsonist Peter Dinsdale.
Who were born on June 23?
- 1703Queen Marie Leszczyńska, Polish-born wife of Louis XV of France (d. 1768)
- 1824Carl Reinecke, German musician and composer (d. 1910)
- 1905Jack Pickersgill, Canadian politician (d. 1997)
- 1907James Meade, English economist, Nobel laureate (d. 1995)
- 1910Gordon B. Hinckley, American religious figure (d. 2008)
- 1937Niki Sullivan, American guitarist (The Crickets) (d. 2004)
- 1956Tony Hill, American football player
- 1965Paul Arthurs, British guitarist (Oasis)
- 1973Marija Naumova, Latvian singer
- 1981Rolf Wacha, German rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.