June 28: Day of the Week
June 28, 2020 was the 180th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 186 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kathy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 28: This Day in History
In common years it is always in ISO week 26.
This date is the only date each year where both the month and day are different perfect numbers, June 6 being the only date where the month and day are the same perfect number.
June 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1461Edward IV is crowned King of England.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: Thomas Hickey, Continental Army private and bodyguard to General George Washington, is hanged for mutiny and sedition.
- 1880The Australian bushranger Ned Kelly is captured at Glenrowan.
- 1896An explosion in the Newton Coal Company’s Twin Shaft Mine in Pittston City, Pennsylvania results in a massive cave-in that kills 58 miners.
- 1914Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo by young Serbian nationalist Gavrilo Princip, the casus belli of World War I.
- 1950Seoul is captured by North Korean troops.
- 1978The United States Supreme Court, in Regents of the University of California v. Bakke bars quota systems in college admissions.
- 1989The 600th anniversary of the Battle of Kosovo. Serbian leader Slobodan Milošević delivers the Gazimestan speech at the site of the historic battle, which is later interpreted as foreshadowing the Yugoslav Wars.
- 2001Slobodan Milošević deported to ICTY to stand trial.
- 2005War in Afghanistan: Three U.S. Navy SEALs, 16 American Special Operations Forces soldiers, and an unknown number of Taliban insurgents are killed
Who were born on June 28?
- 1491King Henry VIII of England (d. 1547)
- 1577Peter Paul Rubens, Flemish painter (d. 1640)
- 1806Napoleon Coste, French guitarist and composer (d. 1883)
- 1921P. V. Narasimha Rao, Prime Minister of India (d. 2004)
- 1937Ron Luciano, American baseball umpire (d. 1995)
- 1952Ray Ashcroft, English actor
- 1955Steven M. Greer, American ufologist and author
- 1966John Cusack, American actor
- 1971Norika Fujiwara, Japanese actress and television personality
- 1971Ron Mahay, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.