June 28: Day of the Week
June 28, 2019 was the 179th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 186 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
June 28: This Day in History
In common years it is always in ISO week 26.
This date is the only date each year where both the month and day are different perfect numbers, June 6 being the only date where the month and day are the same perfect number.
June 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1461Edward IV is crowned King of England.
- 1519Charles V is elected Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.
- 1881Secret treaty between Austria and Serbia.
- 1950Seoul is captured by North Korean troops.
- 1964Malcolm X forms the Organization of Afro-American Unity.
- 1967Israel annexes East Jerusalem.
- 1976The Angolan court sentenced US and UK mercenaries to death sentences and prison terms in the Luanda Trial.
- 1978The United States Supreme Court, in Regents of the University of California v. Bakke bars quota systems in college admissions.
- 1981A powerful bomb explodes in Tehran, killing 73 officials of Islamic Republic Party.
- 1987For the first time in the military history, a civilian target was attacked by chemical weapons when Iraqi warplanes dropped mustard gas bombs on the Iranian town of Sardasht in rwo separate bombing rounds, on four residential areas.
Who were born on June 28?
- 1503Giovanni della Casa, Italian poet (d. 1556)
- 1931Lucien Victor, Belgian cyclist (d. 1995)
- 1938Leon Panetta, American Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
- 1940Muhammad Yunus, Bangladeshi banker, economist and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1946Bruce Davison, American actor
- 1947Robert Bondi, American politician
- 1948Kathy Bates, American actress
- 1950Mauricio Rojas, Swedish politician
- 1964Mark Grace, American baseball player
- 1974Rob Dyrdek, American professional skateboarder
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.