June 28: Day of the Week
June 28, 2019 is the 179th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 186 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 28: This Day in History
In common years it is always in ISO week 26.
This date is the only date each year where both the month and day are different perfect numbers, June 6 being the only date where the month and day are the same perfect number.
June 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1778American Revolutionary War: Battle of Monmouth is fought between the American Continental Army under George Washington and the British Army led by Sir Henry Clinton.
- 1895El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua form the Greater Republic of Central America.
- 1902The U.S. Congress passes the Spooner Act, authorizing President Theodore Roosevelt to acquire rights from Colombia for the Panama Canal.
- 1936The Japanese puppet state of Mengjiang is formed in northern China.
- 1948Boxer Dick Turpin beats Vince Hawkins at Villa Park in Birmingham to become the first black British boxing champion in the modern era.
- 1948The Cominform circulates the “Resolution on the situation in the Communist Party of Yugoslavia”; Yugoslavia is expelled from the Communist bloc.
- 1976The Angolan court sentenced US and UK mercenaries to death sentences and prison terms in the Luanda Trial.
- 1981A powerful bomb explodes in Tehran, killing 73 officials of Islamic Republic Party.
- 1997Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield II – Tyson is disqualified in the 3rd round for biting a piece off Holyfield’s ear.
- 2005War in Afghanistan: Three U.S. Navy SEALs, 16 American Special Operations Forces soldiers, and an unknown number of Taliban insurgents are killed
Who were born on June 28?
- 1490Albert of Mainz, bishop and elector of Mainz (d. 1545)
- 1806Napoleon Coste, French guitarist and composer (d. 1883)
- 1891Esther Forbes, American writer (d. 1968)
- 1913Franz Antel, Austrian filmmaker (d. 2007)
- 1921P. V. Narasimha Rao, Prime Minister of India (d. 2004)
- 1942David Miner, American guitarist and record producer
- 1957Georgi Parvanov, President of Bulgaria
- 1965Sonny Strait, American voice actor
- 1966Sara Stewart, Scottish actress
- 1971Norika Fujiwara, Japanese actress and television personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.