June 28: Day of the Week
June 28, 2019 is the 179th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 186 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 28: This Day in History
In common years it is always in ISO week 26.
This date is the only date each year where both the month and day are different perfect numbers, June 6 being the only date where the month and day are the same perfect number.
June 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1461Edward IV is crowned King of England.
- 1763A massive earthquake occurs on the same day in Komárom in Hungary, in Komárno in Slovakia and in Zsámbék in Hungary.
- 1846The saxophone is patented by Adolphe Sax in Paris, France.
- 1859The first conformation dog show is held in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England.
- 1883In Milan in Italy inaugurated the first central European electricity power station.
- 1914Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo by young Serbian nationalist Gavrilo Princip, the casus belli of World War I.
- 1919The Treaty of Versailles is signed in Paris, formally ending World War I between Belgium, Britain, France, Italy, the United States and allies on the one side and Germany and Austria-Hungary on the other side.
- 1973Elections are held for the Northern Ireland Assembly, which will lead to power-sharing between unionists and nationalists in Northern Ireland for the first time.
- 1987For the first time in the military history, a civilian target was attacked by chemical weapons when Iraqi warplanes dropped mustard gas bombs on the Iranian town of Sardasht in rwo separate bombing rounds, on four residential areas.
- 1994Members of the Aum Shinrikyo cult release sarin gas in Matsumoto, Japan; 7 persons are killed, 660 injured.
Who were born on June 28?
- 1806Napoleon Coste, French guitarist and composer (d. 1883)
- 1884Lamina Sankoh, Sierra Leone politician and nationalist (d. 1964)
- 1907Emily Perry, English actress (d. 2008)
- 1943Klaus von Klitzing, German physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1946Bruce Davison, American actor
- 1946Jaime Guzmán, Chilean politician (d. 1991)
- 1946Roger Godsiff, English politician
- 1957Jim Spanarkel, American basketball player and TV personality
- 1971Bobby Hurley, American basketball player
- 1988Lacey Schwimmer, American dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.