June 28: Day of the Week
June 28, 2019 was the 179th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 186 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Colby’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 28: This Day in History
In common years it is always in ISO week 26.
This date is the only date each year where both the month and day are different perfect numbers, June 6 being the only date where the month and day are the same perfect number.
June 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1389Battle of Kosovo took place, between Serbian and Ottoman army.
- 1635Guadeloupe becomes a French colony.
- 1841The Paris Opera Ballet premieres Giselle in the Salle Le Peletier
- 1882The Anglo-French Convention of 1882 marks the territorial boundaries between Guinea and Sierra Leone.
- 1902The U.S. Congress passes the Spooner Act, authorizing President Theodore Roosevelt to acquire rights from Colombia for the Panama Canal.
- 1950Bodo League massacre: Korean War.
- 1964Malcolm X forms the Organization of Afro-American Unity.
- 1967Israel annexes East Jerusalem.
- 1981A powerful bomb explodes in Tehran, killing 73 officials of Islamic Republic Party.
- 1994Members of the Aum Shinrikyo cult release sarin gas in Matsumoto, Japan; 7 persons are killed, 660 injured.
Who were born on June 28?
- 1913Franz Antel, Austrian filmmaker (d. 2007)
- 1923Adolfo Schwelm Cruz, Argentine racing driver
- 1927Frank Sherwood Rowland, American chemist, Nobel laureate
- 1951Lalla Ward, British actress
- 1955Shirley Cheriton, English actress
- 1957Lance Nethery, Canadian ice hockey player and executive
- 1960John Elway, American football player
- 1965Jessica Hecht, American actress
- 1973Adrián Annus, Hungarian athlete
- 1988Lacey Schwimmer, American dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.