June 28: Day of the Week
June 28, 2023 is the 179th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 186 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Briana’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 28: This Day in History
In common years it is always in ISO week 26.
This date is the only date each year where both the month and day are different perfect numbers, June 6 being the only date where the month and day are the same perfect number.
June 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1763A massive earthquake occurs on the same day in Komárom in Hungary, in Komárno in Slovakia and in Zsámbék in Hungary.
- 1807Second British invasion of the Río de la Plata; John Whitelock lands at Ensenada on an attempt to recapture Buenos Aires and is defeated by the locals.
- 1838Coronation of Victoria of the United Kingdom.
- 1882The Anglo-French Convention of 1882 marks the territorial boundaries between Guinea and Sierra Leone.
- 1895El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua form the Greater Republic of Central America.
- 1919The Treaty of Versailles is signed in Paris, formally ending World War I between Belgium, Britain, France, Italy, the United States and allies on the one side and Germany and Austria-Hungary on the other side.
- 1940Romania cedes Bessarabia (current-day Moldova) to the Soviet Union.
- 1948Boxer Dick Turpin beats Vince Hawkins at Villa Park in Birmingham to become the first black British boxing champion in the modern era.
- 1969Stonewall Riots begin in New York City marking the start of the Gay Rights Movement.
- 1976The Angolan court sentenced US and UK mercenaries to death sentences and prison terms in the Luanda Trial.
Who were born on June 28?
- 1712Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Swiss philosopher (d. 1778)
- 1918Willie Whitelaw, British politician, Deputy Prime Minister (d. 1999)
- 1928Cyril Smith, English Liberal politician (d. 2010)
- 1931Lucien Victor, Belgian cyclist (d. 1995)
- 1947Anny Duperey, French film and television actress
- 1948Kathy Bates, American actress
- 1952Ray Ashcroft, English actor
- 1967Lars Riedel, German discus thrower
- 1968Adam Woodyatt, English actor
- 1973Corey Koskie, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.