June 28: Day of the Week
June 28, 2020 is the 180th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 186 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jaime’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 28: This Day in History
In common years it is always in ISO week 26.
This date is the only date each year where both the month and day are different perfect numbers, June 6 being the only date where the month and day are the same perfect number.
June 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1461Edward IV is crowned King of England.
- 1841The Paris Opera Ballet premieres Giselle in the Salle Le Peletier
- 1895El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua form the Greater Republic of Central America.
- 1904The SS Norge runs aground and sinks
- 1940Romania cedes Bessarabia (current-day Moldova) to the Soviet Union.
- 1942Nazi Germany started its strategic summer offensive against the Soviet Union, codenamed Case Blue
- 1948The Cominform circulates the “Resolution on the situation in the Communist Party of Yugoslavia”; Yugoslavia is expelled from the Communist bloc.
- 1969Stonewall Riots begin in New York City marking the start of the Gay Rights Movement.
- 1973Elections are held for the Northern Ireland Assembly, which will lead to power-sharing between unionists and nationalists in Northern Ireland for the first time.
- 1997Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield II – Tyson is disqualified in the 3rd round for biting a piece off Holyfield’s ear.
Who were born on June 28?
- 1490Albert of Mainz, bishop and elector of Mainz (d. 1545)
- 1940Roderick Wright, Scottish Catholic bishop (d. 2005)
- 1941Joseph Goguen, American computer scientist (d. 2006)
- 1945Ken Buchanan, Scottish boxer
- 1946Howard Barker, English playwright
- 1952Ray Ashcroft, English actor
- 1968Chayanne, Puerto Rican singer
- 1971Lorenzo Amoruso, Italian footballer
- 1975Ning Baizura, Malaysian singer
- 1995Kåre Hedebrant, Swedish actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.