June 29: Day of the Week
June 29, 2020 was the 181st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 185 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kaitlyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1644Charles I of England defeats a Parliamentarian detachment at the Battle of Cropredy Bridge, the last battle won by an English King on English soil.
- 1659At the Battle of Konotop the Ukrainian armies of Ivan Vyhovsky defeat the Russians led by Prince Trubetskoy.
- 1786Alexander Macdonell and over five hundred Roman Catholic highlanders leave Scotland to settle in Glengarry County, Ontario.
- 1874Greek politician Charilaos Trikoupis publishes a manifesto in the Athens daily Kairoi entitled “Who’s to Blame?” in which he lays out his complaints against King George. He is elected Prime Minister of Greece the next year.
- 1914Jina Guseva attempts to assassinate Grigori Rasputin at his home town in Siberia.
- 1922France grants 1 km² at Vimy Ridge “freely, and for all time, to the Government of Canada, the free use of the land exempt from all taxes”.
- 1928The Outerbridge Crossing and Goethals Bridge in Staten Island, New York are both opened.
- 1972The U.S. Supreme Court rules in the case Furman v. Georgia that arbitrary and inconsistent imposition of the death penalty violates the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments, and constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.
- 1974Mikhail Baryshnikov defects from the Soviet Union to Canada while on tour with Bolshoi Ballet.
- 1995The Sampoong Department Store collapses in the Seocho-gu district of Seoul, South Korea, killing 501 and injuring 937.
Who were born on June 29?
- 1596Emperor Go-Mizunoo of Japan (d. 1680)
- 1893Aarre Merikanto, Finnish composer (d. 1958)
- 1922Vasko Popa, Yugoslavian poet (d. 1991)
- 1929Pat Crawford Brown, American actress
- 1939Lo Lieh, Hong Kong martial artist and actor (d. 2002)
- 1948Fred Grandy, American actor and politician
- 1972Nawal Al Zoghbi, Lebanese singer
- 1978Nicole Scherzinger, American singer (Pussycat Dolls) and actress
- 1980Mel Peachey, British television personality
- 1983Jeremy Powers, American cyclist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.