June 29: Day of the Week
June 29, 2022 is the 180th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 185 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BTYISOUKADL? Check your answers here: Words with these letters BTYISOUKADL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1194Sverre is crowned King of Norway.
- 1534Jacques Cartier is the first European to reach Prince Edward Island.
- 1807Russo-Turkish War: Admiral Dmitry Senyavin destroys the Ottoman fleet in the Battle of Athos.
- 1864Ninety-nine people are killed in Canada’s worst railway disaster near St-Hilaire, Quebec.
- 1874Greek politician Charilaos Trikoupis publishes a manifesto in the Athens daily Kairoi entitled “Who’s to Blame?” in which he lays out his complaints against King George. He is elected Prime Minister of Greece the next year.
- 1880France annexes Tahiti.
- 1888George Edward Gouraud records Handel’s Israel in Egypt onto a phonograph cylinder, thought for many years to be the oldest known recording of music.
- 1889Hyde Park and several other Illinois townships vote to be annexed by Chicago, forming the largest United States city in area and second largest in population.
- 1972The U.S. Supreme Court rules in the case Furman v. Georgia that arbitrary and inconsistent imposition of the death penalty violates the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments, and constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.
- 2002Naval clashes between South Korea and North Korea lead to the death of six South Korean sailors and sinking of a North Korean vessel.
Who were born on June 29?
- 1798Giacomo Leopardi, Italian poet (d. 1837)
- 1873Leo Frobenius, German ethnologist and archaeologist (d. 1938)
- 1879Benedetto Aloisi Masella, Italian cardinal (d. 1970)
- 1897Fulgence Charpentier, French-Canadian journalist (d. 2001)
- 1955Terence M. O'Sullivan, American activist
- 1961Kimberlin Brown, American actress
- 1971Kaitlyn Ashley, American pornographic actress
- 1972DJ Shadow, American music producer and DJ
- 1988Elnur Mammadli, Azerbaijani judoka
- 1993George Sampson, English dancer and actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.