June 29: Day of the Week
June 29, 2020 is the 181st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 185 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Amber’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1644Charles I of England defeats a Parliamentarian detachment at the Battle of Cropredy Bridge, the last battle won by an English King on English soil.
- 1850Autocephaly officially granted by the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople to the Church of Greece.
- 1880France annexes Tahiti.
- 1888George Edward Gouraud records Handel’s Israel in Egypt onto a phonograph cylinder, thought for many years to be the oldest known recording of music.
- 1895Doukhobors burn their weapons as a protest against conscription by the Tsarist Russian government.
- 1922France grants 1 km² at Vimy Ridge “freely, and for all time, to the Government of Canada, the free use of the land exempt from all taxes”.
- 1927First test of Wallace Turnbull’s controllable pitch propeller.
- 1972The U.S. Supreme Court rules in the case Furman v. Georgia that arbitrary and inconsistent imposition of the death penalty violates the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments, and constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.
- 1974Mikhail Baryshnikov defects from the Soviet Union to Canada while on tour with Bolshoi Ballet.
- 2006Hamdan v. Rumsfeld: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that President George W. Bush’s plan to try Guantanamo Bay detainees in military tribunals violates U.S. and international law.
Who were born on June 29?
- 1136Petronilla, Queen of Aragon (d. 1173)
- 1881Harry Frazee, American baseball team owner (d. 1929)
- 1906Heinz Harmel, German SS General (d. 2000)
- 1910Burgess Whitehead, American baseball player (d. 1993)
- 1932Brian Hutton, Baron Hutton, British politician
- 1941Stokely Carmichael, Trinidadian-American activist (d. 1998)
- 1946Ernesto Pérez Balladares, Panamanian politician
- 1961Greg Hetson, American guitarist (Bad Religion, Circle Jerks)
- 1961Kimberlin Brown, American actress
- 1969Ilan Mitchell-Smith, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.