June 29: Day of the Week
June 29, 2020 was the 181st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 185 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QQENOMEIPMIQ? Check your answers here: Word scramble QQENOMEIPMIQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1850Autocephaly officially granted by the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople to the Church of Greece.
- 1864Ninety-nine people are killed in Canada’s worst railway disaster near St-Hilaire, Quebec.
- 1880France annexes Tahiti.
- 1888George Edward Gouraud records Handel’s Israel in Egypt onto a phonograph cylinder, thought for many years to be the oldest known recording of music.
- 1889Hyde Park and several other Illinois townships vote to be annexed by Chicago, forming the largest United States city in area and second largest in population.
- 1916The Irish Nationalist and British diplomat Sir Roger Casement is sentenced to death for his part in the Easter Rising.
- 1950The United States defeats England during the 1950 FIFA World Cup.
- 1956The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 is signed, officially creating the United States Interstate Highway System.
- 1974Isabel Perón is sworn in as the first female President of Argentina. Her husband, President Juan Peron, had delegated responsibility due to weak health and died two days later.
- 2006Hamdan v. Rumsfeld: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that President George W. Bush’s plan to try Guantanamo Bay detainees in military tribunals violates U.S. and international law.
Who were born on June 29?
- 1398King John II of Aragon (d. 1479)
- 1596Emperor Go-Mizunoo of Japan (d. 1680)
- 1911Bernard Herrmann, American film composer (d. 1975)
- 1920Ray Harryhausen, American filmmaker
- 1924Ezra Laderman, American composer
- 1933Bob Shaw, baseball player
- 1969Pavlos Dermitzakis, Greek footballer and football manager
- 1973George Hincapie, American cyclist
- 1979Barış Akarsu, Turkish singer and actor (d. 2007)
- 1990Yann M'Vila, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.