June 30: Day of the Week
June 30, 2019 was the 181st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 184 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
June 30 Historical Event(s)
- 350Roman usurper Nepotianus, of the Constantinian dynasty, is defeated and killed by troops of the usurper Magnentius, in Rome.
- 1688The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- 1906The United States Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act and Pure Food and Drug Act.
- 1921U.S. President Warren G. Harding appoints former President William Howard Taft Chief Justice of the United States.
- 1922In Washington D.C., U.S. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes and Dominican Ambassador Francisco J. Peynado sign the Hughes-Peynado agreement, which ends the United States occupation of the Dominican Republic.
- 1936Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals for aid to the League of Nations against Italy’s invasion of his country.
- 1959A United States Air Force F-100 Super Sabre from Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, crashes into a nearby elementary school, killing 11 students plus six residents from the local neighborhood.
- 1969Nigeria bans Red Cross aid to Biafra.
- 1986The U.S. Supreme Court rules in Bowers v. Hardwick that states can outlaw homosexual acts between consenting adults.
- 1987The Royal Canadian Mint introduces the $1 coin, known as the Loonie.
Who were born on June 30?
- 1803Thomas Lovell Beddoes, English poet (d. 1849)
- 1926Paul Berg, American biochemist, Nobel laureate
- 1933Lea Massari, Italian actress
- 1938Apostolos Nikolaidis, Greek singer (d. 1999)
- 1949Andy Scott, British guitarist and singer (Sweet)
- 1953Hal Lindes, American-born British guitarist (Dire Straits)
- 1973Frank Rost, German footballer
- 1983Brendon James, British drummer (Thirteen Senses)
- 1984Miles Austin, American football player
- 1989Miguel Vítor, Portuguese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.