June 30: Day of the Week
June 30, 2020 was the 182nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 184 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XUTEKVXIDRZ? Check your answers here: Word scramble XUTEKVXIDRZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1520Spanish conquistadors led by Hernán Cortés fight their way out of Tenochtitlan.
- 1688The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- 1864U.S. President Abraham Lincoln grants Yosemite Valley to California for “public use, resort and recreation”.
- 1912The Regina Cyclone hits Regina, Saskatchewan, killing 28. It remains Canada’s deadliest tornado event.
- 1921U.S. President Warren G. Harding appoints former President William Howard Taft Chief Justice of the United States.
- 1922In Washington D.C., U.S. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes and Dominican Ambassador Francisco J. Peynado sign the Hughes-Peynado agreement, which ends the United States occupation of the Dominican Republic.
- 1935The Senegalese Socialist Party holds its first congress.
- 1960Congo gains independence from Belgium.
- 1977The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization disbands.
- 1987The Royal Canadian Mint introduces the $1 coin, known as the Loonie.
Who were born on June 30?
- 1926Paul Berg, American biochemist, Nobel laureate
- 1936Assia Djebar, Algerian writer and filmmaker
- 1936Nancy Dussault, American actress
- 1965Anna Levandi, Russian figure skater
- 1965Mitch Richmond, American basketball player
- 1970Mark Grudzielanek, American baseball player
- 1975Rami Shaaban, Swedish footballer
- 1981Matt Kirk, Canadian football player
- 1984Gabriel Badilla, Costa Rican footballer
- 1985Fabiana Vallejos, Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.