June 30: Day of the Week
June 30, 2023 is the 181st day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 184 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HEGEHIICI? Check your answers here: Word search HEGEHIICI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1688The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: The Battle of Domstadtl takes place.
- 1794Native American forces under Blue Jacket attack Fort Recovery.
- 1805The U.S. Congress organizes the Michigan Territory.
- 1864U.S. President Abraham Lincoln grants Yosemite Valley to California for “public use, resort and recreation”.
- 1886The first transcontinental train trip across Canada departs from Montreal. It arrives in Port Moody, British Columbia on July 4.
- 1960Congo gains independence from Belgium.
- 1966The National Organization for Women, the United States’ largest feminist organization, is founded.
- 1971Ohio ratifies the 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, reducing the voting age to 18, thereby putting the amendment into effect.
- 1986The U.S. Supreme Court rules in Bowers v. Hardwick that states can outlaw homosexual acts between consenting adults.
Who were born on June 30?
- 1906Anthony Mann, American film actor and director (d. 1967)
- 1925Fred Schaus, American basketball coach and executive (d. 2010)
- 1944Glenn Shorrock, Australian singer-songwriter (Little River Band)
- 1951Stanley Clarke, American jazz bass and double bass player (Return to Forever)
- 1952Athanassios S. Fokas, Greek mathematician
- 1952David Garrison, American Broadway and TV actor
- 1954Pierre Charles, Dominican politician (d. 2004)
- 1966Cheryl Bernard, Canadian curler
- 1973Noam Zylberman, Israeli-born Canadian actor
- 1977Mark Van Gisbergen, New Zealand/English rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.