June 30: Day of the Week
June 30, 2021 was the 181st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 184 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DJAOUETU? Check your answers here: Word scramble DJAOUETU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1688The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- 1860The 1860 Oxford evolution debate at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History takes place.
- 1886The first transcontinental train trip across Canada departs from Montreal. It arrives in Port Moody, British Columbia on July 4.
- 1906The United States Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act and Pure Food and Drug Act.
- 1922In Washington D.C., U.S. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes and Dominican Ambassador Francisco J. Peynado sign the Hughes-Peynado agreement, which ends the United States occupation of the Dominican Republic.
- 1941World War II: Operation Barbarossa – Germany captures Lviv, Ukraine.
- 1956A TWA Super Constellation and a United Airlines DC-7 (Flight 718) collide above the Grand Canyon in Arizona, United States, killing all 128 on board the two planes.
- 1968Pope Paul VI issues the Credo of the People of God.
- 1986The U.S. Supreme Court rules in Bowers v. Hardwick that states can outlaw homosexual acts between consenting adults.
- 1990East Germany and West Germany merge their economies.
Who were born on June 30?
- 1503John Frederick, Elector of Saxony (d. 1554)
- 1899Harry Shields, American jazz clarinetist (d. 1971)
- 1906Ralph Allen, English footballer (d. 1981)
- 1925Fred Schaus, American basketball coach and executive (d. 2010)
- 1943Florence Ballard, American singer (The Supremes) (d. 1976)
- 1957Sterling Marlin, American NASCAR driver
- 1959Brendan Perry, British multi-instrumentalist (Dead Can Dance)
- 1966Cheryl Bernard, Canadian curler
- 1970Mark Grudzielanek, American baseball player
- 1982Delwyn Young, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.