June 30: Day of the Week
June 30, 2021 is the 181st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 184 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SEYUJSCROAJIK? Check your answers here: Word finder SEYUJSCROAJIK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1520Spanish conquistadors led by Hernán Cortés fight their way out of Tenochtitlan.
- 1559King Henry II of France is mortally wounded in a jousting match against Gabriel de Montgomery.
- 1882Charles J. Guiteau is hanged in Washington, D.C. for the assassination of U.S. President James Garfield.
- 1906The United States Congress passes the Meat Inspection Act and Pure Food and Drug Act.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives, Adolf Hitler’s violent purge of his political rivals in Germany, takes place.
- 1941World War II: Operation Barbarossa – Germany captures Lviv, Ukraine.
- 1968Pope Paul VI issues the Credo of the People of God.
- 1986The U.S. Supreme Court rules in Bowers v. Hardwick that states can outlaw homosexual acts between consenting adults.
- 1987The Royal Canadian Mint introduces the $1 coin, known as the Loonie.
- 1997The United Kingdom transfers sovereignty over Hong Kong to the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on June 30?
- 1931Bert Eriksson, Flemish neo-Nazi (d. 2005)
- 1942Ron Harris, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1951Stanley Clarke, American jazz bass and double bass player (Return to Forever)
- 1962Tony Fernández, Dominican baseball player
- 1970Brian Bloom, American actor
- 1979Rick Gonzalez, American actor
- 1980Seyi Olofinjana, Nigerian footballer
- 1982Andy Knowles, British drummer (Franz Ferdinand)
- 1985Rafal Blechacz, Polish pianist
- 1989David Myers, Australian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.