June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2019 was the 155th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jenna’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1615Siege of Osaka: Forces under the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu take Osaka Castle in Japan.
- 1812Following Louisiana’s admittance as a U.S. state, the Louisiana Territory is renamed the Missouri Territory.
- 1913Emily Davison, a suffragette, runs out in front of King George V’s horse, Anmer, at the Epsom Derby. She is trampled, never regains consciousness and dies a few days later.
- 1919Women’s rights: The U.S. Congress approves the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which guarantees suffrage to women, and sends it to the U.S. states for ratification.
- 1920Hungary loses 71% of its territory and 63% of its population when the Treaty of Trianon is signed in Paris.
- 1943A military coup in Argentina ousts Ramón Castillo.
- 1944World War II: A hunter-killer group of the United States Navy captures the German submarine U-505 – the first time a U.S. Navy vessel had captured an enemy vessel at sea since the 19th century.
- 1975Governor of California Jerry Brown signs the California Agricultural Labor Relations Act into law, the first law in the U.S. giving farmworkers collective bargaining rights.
- 1989Ali Khamenei is elected the new Supreme Leader of Islamic republic of Iran by the Assembly of Experts after the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- 1989Ufa train disaster: A natural gas explosion near Ufa, Russia, kills 575 as two trains passing each other throw sparks near a leaky pipeline.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1744Patrick Ferguson, Scottish officer in the British Army and rifle designer (d. 1780)
- 1932Oliver Nelson, American jazz composer and arranger (d. 1975)
- 1949Gabriel Arcand, French Canadian actor
- 1949Lou Macari, Scottish footballer
- 1950Kevin Woodford, English celebrity chef
- 1964Koji Yamamura Japanese Animator
- 1975Angelina Jolie, American actress
- 1982Ronnie Prude, American football player
- 1987Mollie King, British singer (The Saturdays)
- 1989Federico Erba, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.