June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2022 is the 155th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Harold’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1615Siege of Osaka: Forces under the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu take Osaka Castle in Japan.
- 1792Captain George Vancouver claims Puget Sound for the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1862American Civil War: Confederate troops evacuate Fort Pillow on the Mississippi River, leaving the way clear for Union troops to take Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1916World War I: Russia opens the Brusilov Offensive with an artillery barrage of Austro-Hungarian lines in Galicia.
- 1957Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his famous Power of Nonviolence speech at the University of California, Berkeley.
- 1974During Ten Cent Beer Night, inebriated Cleveland Indians fans start a riot, causing the game to be forfeited to the Texas Rangers.
- 1989Ali Khamenei is elected the new Supreme Leader of Islamic republic of Iran by the Assembly of Experts after the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- 1989Ufa train disaster: A natural gas explosion near Ufa, Russia, kills 575 as two trains passing each other throw sparks near a leaky pipeline.
- 1998Terry Nichols is sentenced to life in prison for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2001Gyanendra, the last King of Nepal, ascends to the throne after the massacre in the Royal Palace.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1754Franz Xaver, Baron Von Zach, Austrian editor and astronomer (d. 1832)
- 1881Natalia Goncharova, Russian painter (d. 1962)
- 1930Morgana King, American actress
- 1945Gordon Waller, Scottish musician (Peter and Gordon) (d. 2009)
- 1956Gerry Ryan, Irish radio talkshow host (d. 2010)
- 1963Xavier McDaniel, American basketball player
- 1964Koji Yamamura Japanese Animator
- 1965Andrea Jaeger, American tennis player
- 1972Rob Huebel, American comedian
- 1974Andrew Gwynne, British politician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.