June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2020 was the 156th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carrie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1039Henry III becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1411King Charles VI granted a monopoly for the ripening of Roquefort cheese to the people of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon as they had been doing for centuries.
- 1792Captain George Vancouver claims Puget Sound for the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1825French American Revolutionary War General Lafayette speaks at what would become Lafayette Square, Buffalo, during his visit to the United States.
- 1896Henry Ford completes the Ford Quadricycle, his first gasoline-powered automobile, and gives it a successful test run.
- 1912Massachusetts becomes the first state of the United States to set a minimum wage.
- 1917The first Pulitzer Prizes are awarded: Laura E. Richards, Maude H. Elliott, and Florence Hall receive the first Pulitzer for biography (for Julia Ward Howe). Jean Jules Jusserand receives the first Pulitzer for history for his work With Americans of Past and Present Days. Herbert B. Swope receives the first Pulitzer for journalism for his work for the New York World.
- 1928President of the Republic of China Zhang Zuolin is assassinated by Japanese agents.
- 1961In the Vienna summit, Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev sparks the Berlin Crisis by threatening to sign a separate peace treaty with East Germany and ending American, British and French access to East Berlin.
- 2001Gyanendra, the last King of Nepal, ascends to the throne after the massacre in the Royal Palace.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1801James Pennethorne, English architect (d. 1871)
- 1917Robert Merrill, American baritone (d. 2004)
- 1923Elizabeth Jolley, Australian writer (d. 2007)
- 1926Robert Earl Hughes, American man who became the heaviest known human (d. 1958)
- 1932Oliver Nelson, American jazz composer and arranger (d. 1975)
- 1951Wendy Pini, American comic book writer and artist
- 1953Susumu Ojima, Japanese entrepreneur (Huser)
- 1962John P. Kee, American gospel singer
- 1984Ana Carolina Reston, Brazilian fashion model (d. 2006)
- 1991Megan Prescott, British actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.