June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2021 is the 155th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZIDGYRIEIPSO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ZIDGYRIEIPSO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1039Henry III becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1859Italian Independence wars: In the Battle of Magenta, the French army, under Louis-Napoleon, defeat the Austrian army.
- 1878Cyprus Convention: The Ottoman Empire cedes Cyprus to the United Kingdom but retains nominal title.
- 1919Women’s rights: The U.S. Congress approves the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which guarantees suffrage to women, and sends it to the U.S. states for ratification.
- 1939Holocaust: The MS St. Louis, a ship carrying 963 Jewish refugees, is denied permission to land in Florida, United States, after already being turned away from Cuba. Forced to return to Europe, more than 200 of its passengers later die in Nazi concentration camps.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Midway begins. Japanese Admiral Chuichi Nagumo orders a strike on Midway Island by much of the Imperial Japanese navy.
- 1944World War II: Rome falls to the Allies, the first Axis capital to fall.
- 1973A patent for the ATM is granted to Donald Wetzel, Tom Barnes and George Chastain.
- 1989Solidarity’s victory in the first (somewhat) free parliamentary elections in post-war Poland sparks off a succession of peaceful anti-communist revolutions in Eastern Europe, leads to the creation of the so-called Contract Sejm and begins the Autumn of Nations.
- 1989The Tiananmen Square protests are violently ended in Beijing by the People’s Liberation Army.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1829Jinmaku Kyūgorō, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 12th Yokozuna (d. 1903)
- 1894Madame Bolduc, French Canadian singer (d. 1941)
- 1907Rosalind Russell, American actress (d. 1976)
- 1912Robert Jacobsen, Danish artist (d. 1993)
- 1917Robert Merrill, American baritone (d. 2004)
- 1929Karolos Papoulias, Greek politician
- 1966Cecilia Bartoli, Italian mezzo-soprano
- 1972Rob Huebel, American comedian
- 1974Stefan Lessard, American musician
- 1984Rainie Yang, Taiwanese singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.