June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2019 is the 155th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1615Siege of Osaka: Forces under the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu take Osaka Castle in Japan.
- 1760Great Upheaval: New England planters arrive to claim land in Nova Scotia, Canada taken from the Acadians.
- 1825French American Revolutionary War General Lafayette speaks at what would become Lafayette Square, Buffalo, during his visit to the United States.
- 1862American Civil War: Confederate troops evacuate Fort Pillow on the Mississippi River, leaving the way clear for Union troops to take Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1917The first Pulitzer Prizes are awarded: Laura E. Richards, Maude H. Elliott, and Florence Hall receive the first Pulitzer for biography (for Julia Ward Howe). Jean Jules Jusserand receives the first Pulitzer for history for his work With Americans of Past and Present Days. Herbert B. Swope receives the first Pulitzer for journalism for his work for the New York World.
- 1965Duane Earl Pope robbed the Farmers’ State Bank of Big Springs, Nebraska, killing three people execution style and severely wounding a fourth. The crime landed Pope on the FBI Ten Most Wanted list.
- 1967Stockport Air Disaster: British Midland flight G-ALHG crashes in Hopes Carr, Stockport, killing 72 passengers and crew.
- 1974During Ten Cent Beer Night, inebriated Cleveland Indians fans start a riot, causing the game to be forfeited to the Texas Rangers.
- 1989Solidarity’s victory in the first (somewhat) free parliamentary elections in post-war Poland sparks off a succession of peaceful anti-communist revolutions in Eastern Europe, leads to the creation of the so-called Contract Sejm and begins the Autumn of Nations.
- 2001Gyanendra, the last King of Nepal, ascends to the throne after the massacre in the Royal Palace.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1821Apollon Maykov, Russian poet (d. 1897)
- 1921Emilio Komar, Slovenian-born Argentine philosopher (d. 2006)
- 1947Viktor Klima, Chancellor of Austria
- 1949Gabriel Arcand, French Canadian actor
- 1955Paul Stewart, English writer
- 1962Zenon Jaskuła, Polish cyclist
- 1963Xavier McDaniel, American basketball player
- 1971James Callis, British actor
- 1971Noah Wyle, American actor
- 1985Alicja Janosz, Polish singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.