June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2019 was the 155th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1039Henry III becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1411King Charles VI granted a monopoly for the ripening of Roquefort cheese to the people of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon as they had been doing for centuries.
- 1615Siege of Osaka: Forces under the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu take Osaka Castle in Japan.
- 1919Women’s rights: The U.S. Congress approves the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which guarantees suffrage to women, and sends it to the U.S. states for ratification.
- 1940World War II: The Dunkirk evacuation ends – British forces complete evacuation of 300,000 troops from Dunkirk in France. To rally the morale of the country, Winston Churchill delivers his famous “We shall fight on the beaches” speech.
- 1944World War II: Rome falls to the Allies, the first Axis capital to fall.
- 1961In the Vienna summit, Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev sparks the Berlin Crisis by threatening to sign a separate peace treaty with East Germany and ending American, British and French access to East Berlin.
- 1973A patent for the ATM is granted to Donald Wetzel, Tom Barnes and George Chastain.
- 1974During Ten Cent Beer Night, inebriated Cleveland Indians fans start a riot, causing the game to be forfeited to the Texas Rangers.
- 2010Falcon 9 Flight 1 was the maiden flight of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, which launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Space Launch Complex 40.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1704Benjamin Huntsman, English inventor and manufacturer (d. 1776)
- 1867Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim, Marshal, Supreme Commander and later President of Finland (d. 1951)
- 1937Freddy Fender, American musician (d. 2006)
- 1940Ludwig Schwarz, Austrian bishop
- 1945Gordon Waller, Scottish musician (Peter and Gordon) (d. 2009)
- 1947Viktor Klima, Chancellor of Austria
- 1953Linda Lingle, 6th Governor of Hawaii
- 1957Yoon Suk-ho, South Korean director
- 1961El DeBarge, American singer (DeBarge)
- 1985Evan Lysacek, American 2010 Olympic champion figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.