June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2021 was the 155th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZTCOWNUAM? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ZTCOWNUAM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1411King Charles VI granted a monopoly for the ripening of Roquefort cheese to the people of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon as they had been doing for centuries.
- 1615Siege of Osaka: Forces under the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu take Osaka Castle in Japan.
- 1760Great Upheaval: New England planters arrive to claim land in Nova Scotia, Canada taken from the Acadians.
- 1812Following Louisiana’s admittance as a U.S. state, the Louisiana Territory is renamed the Missouri Territory.
- 1916World War I: Russia opens the Brusilov Offensive with an artillery barrage of Austro-Hungarian lines in Galicia.
- 1917The first Pulitzer Prizes are awarded: Laura E. Richards, Maude H. Elliott, and Florence Hall receive the first Pulitzer for biography (for Julia Ward Howe). Jean Jules Jusserand receives the first Pulitzer for history for his work With Americans of Past and Present Days. Herbert B. Swope receives the first Pulitzer for journalism for his work for the New York World.
- 1928President of the Republic of China Zhang Zuolin is assassinated by Japanese agents.
- 1943A military coup in Argentina ousts Ramón Castillo.
- 1979Flight Lieutenant Jerry Rawlings takes power in Ghana after a military coup in which General Fred Akuffo is overthrown.
- 1989Solidarity’s victory in the first (somewhat) free parliamentary elections in post-war Poland sparks off a succession of peaceful anti-communist revolutions in Eastern Europe, leads to the creation of the so-called Contract Sejm and begins the Autumn of Nations.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1694François Quesnay, French economist (d. 1774)
- 1744Patrick Ferguson, Scottish officer in the British Army and rifle designer (d. 1780)
- 1907Patience Strong, English poet and journalist (d. 1990)
- 1932John Drew Barrymore, American actor (d. 2004)
- 1934Dame Daphne Sheldrick, Kenyan conservationist and author
- 1938Art Mahaffey, American baseball player
- 1948Jurgen Sparwasser, German footballer
- 1960Miloš Đelmaš, Serbian footballer
- 1971Joseph Kabila, Congolese politician
- 1972Rob Huebel, American comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.