June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2020 was the 156th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gladys’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1783The Montgolfier brothers publicly demonstrate their montgolfière (hot air balloon).
- 1913Emily Davison, a suffragette, runs out in front of King George V’s horse, Anmer, at the Epsom Derby. She is trampled, never regains consciousness and dies a few days later.
- 1916World War I: Russia opens the Brusilov Offensive with an artillery barrage of Austro-Hungarian lines in Galicia.
- 1917The first Pulitzer Prizes are awarded: Laura E. Richards, Maude H. Elliott, and Florence Hall receive the first Pulitzer for biography (for Julia Ward Howe). Jean Jules Jusserand receives the first Pulitzer for history for his work With Americans of Past and Present Days. Herbert B. Swope receives the first Pulitzer for journalism for his work for the New York World.
- 1919Women’s rights: The U.S. Congress approves the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which guarantees suffrage to women, and sends it to the U.S. states for ratification.
- 1920Hungary loses 71% of its territory and 63% of its population when the Treaty of Trianon is signed in Paris.
- 1939Holocaust: The MS St. Louis, a ship carrying 963 Jewish refugees, is denied permission to land in Florida, United States, after already being turned away from Cuba. Forced to return to Europe, more than 200 of its passengers later die in Nazi concentration camps.
- 1967Stockport Air Disaster: British Midland flight G-ALHG crashes in Hopes Carr, Stockport, killing 72 passengers and crew.
- 1970Tonga gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 2001Gyanendra, the last King of Nepal, ascends to the throne after the massacre in the Royal Palace.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1887Tom Longboat, Native Canadian marathon runner (d. 1949)
- 1937Robert Fulghum, American author
- 1943Joyce Meyer, American religious leader
- 1949Lou Macari, Scottish footballer
- 1951Wendy Pini, American comic book writer and artist
- 1953Paul Samson, British guitarist (Samson) (d. 2002)
- 1968Al B. Sure, American R&B singer
- 1977Dionisis Chiotis, Greek footballer
- 1980François Beauchemin, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1986Shane Kippel, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.