June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2021 was the 155th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EVDZYOO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EVDZYOO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1039Henry III becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1411King Charles VI granted a monopoly for the ripening of Roquefort cheese to the people of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon as they had been doing for centuries.
- 1615Siege of Osaka: Forces under the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu take Osaka Castle in Japan.
- 1812Following Louisiana’s admittance as a U.S. state, the Louisiana Territory is renamed the Missouri Territory.
- 1876An express train called the Transcontinental Express arrives in San Francisco, California, via the First Transcontinental Railroad only 83 hours and 39 minutes after leaving New York City.
- 1896Henry Ford completes the Ford Quadricycle, his first gasoline-powered automobile, and gives it a successful test run.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Midway begins. Japanese Admiral Chuichi Nagumo orders a strike on Midway Island by much of the Imperial Japanese navy.
- 1944World War II: Rome falls to the Allies, the first Axis capital to fall.
- 1961In the Vienna summit, Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev sparks the Berlin Crisis by threatening to sign a separate peace treaty with East Germany and ending American, British and French access to East Berlin.
- 1974During Ten Cent Beer Night, inebriated Cleveland Indians fans start a riot, causing the game to be forfeited to the Texas Rangers.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1866Miina Sillanpää, Finnish politician (d. 1952)
- 1894Madame Bolduc, French Canadian singer (d. 1941)
- 1917Robert Merrill, American baritone (d. 2004)
- 1927Henning Carlsen, Danish film director
- 1953Jimmy McCulloch, Scottish musician (d. 1979)
- 1953Paul Samson, British guitarist (Samson) (d. 2002)
- 1956Terry Kennedy, American baseball player and manager
- 1962John P. Kee, American gospel singer
- 1970Richie Hawtin, Canadian musician
- 1974Stefan Lessard, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.