June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2019 is the 155th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1411King Charles VI granted a monopoly for the ripening of Roquefort cheese to the people of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon as they had been doing for centuries.
- 1792Captain George Vancouver claims Puget Sound for the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1802Grieving over the death of his wife, Marie Clotilde of France, King Charles Emmanuel IV of Sardinia abdicates his throne in favor of his brother, Victor Emmanuel.
- 1859Italian Independence wars: In the Battle of Magenta, the French army, under Louis-Napoleon, defeat the Austrian army.
- 1920Hungary loses 71% of its territory and 63% of its population when the Treaty of Trianon is signed in Paris.
- 1944World War II: A hunter-killer group of the United States Navy captures the German submarine U-505 – the first time a U.S. Navy vessel had captured an enemy vessel at sea since the 19th century.
- 1944World War II: Rome falls to the Allies, the first Axis capital to fall.
- 1970Tonga gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1973A patent for the ATM is granted to Donald Wetzel, Tom Barnes and George Chastain.
- 1989Ali Khamenei is elected the new Supreme Leader of Islamic republic of Iran by the Assembly of Experts after the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1829Jinmaku Kyūgorō, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 12th Yokozuna (d. 1903)
- 1877Heinrich Wieland, German biochemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1957)
- 1881Natalia Goncharova, Russian painter (d. 1962)
- 1936Bruce Dern, American actor
- 1956Gerry Ryan, Irish radio talkshow host (d. 2010)
- 1963Xavier McDaniel, American basketball player
- 1975Henry Burris, American football player
- 1977Dionisis Chiotis, Greek footballer
- 1984Rainie Yang, Taiwanese singer and actress
- 1985Lukas Podolski, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.