June 4: Day of the Week
June 4, 2019 was the 155th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 210 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Wade’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1825French American Revolutionary War General Lafayette speaks at what would become Lafayette Square, Buffalo, during his visit to the United States.
- 1859Italian Independence wars: In the Battle of Magenta, the French army, under Louis-Napoleon, defeat the Austrian army.
- 1862American Civil War: Confederate troops evacuate Fort Pillow on the Mississippi River, leaving the way clear for Union troops to take Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1940World War II: The Dunkirk evacuation ends – British forces complete evacuation of 300,000 troops from Dunkirk in France. To rally the morale of the country, Winston Churchill delivers his famous “We shall fight on the beaches” speech.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Midway begins. Japanese Admiral Chuichi Nagumo orders a strike on Midway Island by much of the Imperial Japanese navy.
- 1957Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his famous Power of Nonviolence speech at the University of California, Berkeley.
- 1961In the Vienna summit, Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev sparks the Berlin Crisis by threatening to sign a separate peace treaty with East Germany and ending American, British and French access to East Berlin.
- 1975Governor of California Jerry Brown signs the California Agricultural Labor Relations Act into law, the first law in the U.S. giving farmworkers collective bargaining rights.
- 1979Flight Lieutenant Jerry Rawlings takes power in Ghana after a military coup in which General Fred Akuffo is overthrown.
- 1996The first flight of Ariane 5 explodes after roughly 20 seconds. It was a Cluster mission.
Who were born on June 4?
- 1489Antoine, Duke of Lorraine (d. 1544)
- 1880Clara Blandick, American actress (d. 1962)
- 1910Christopher Sydney Cockerell, British engineer and inventor (d. 1999)
- 1921Bobby Wanzer, American professional basketball player and coach
- 1930Viktor Tikhonov, Russian hockey player and coach
- 1953Jimmy McCulloch, Scottish musician (d. 1979)
- 1970Richie Hawtin, Canadian musician
- 1974Stefan Lessard, American musician
- 1981Giourkas Seitaridis, Greek footballer
- 1985Evan Lysacek, American 2010 Olympic champion figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.