June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2020 was the 159th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CEHIMEAUK? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters CEHIMEAUK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1420Troops of the Republic of Venice capture Udine, ending the independence of the Patriarchal State of Friuli.
- 18661,800 Fenian raiders are repelled back to the United States after they loot and plunder around Saint-Armand and Frelighsburg, Quebec.
- 1892Homer Plessy is arrested for refusing to leave his seat in the “whites-only” car of a train; he would lose the resulting court case, Plessy v. Ferguson.
- 1905Norway’s parliament dissolves its union with Sweden, a vote that is confirmed by a national plebiscite on August 13 of that year.
- 1940King Haakon VII of Norway, Crown Prince Olav and the Norwegian government leave Tromsø and go into exile in London.
- 1942World War II: Japanese soldiers occupy the American islands of Attu and Kiska, in the Aleutian Islands off Alaska.
- 1945King Haakon VII of Norway returns with his family to Oslo after five years in exile.
- 1971The United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment.
- 1975The inaugural Cricket World Cup begins in England.
- 2006Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, is killed in an airstrike by the United States Air Force.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1837Alois Hitler, father of Adolf Hitler (d. 1903)
- 1935Harry Crews, American author
- 1954Louise Erdrich, American author
- 1962Michael Cartellone, American drummer (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- 1962Simon Day, English comedian
- 1965Christine Roque, French singer
- 1974Cassius Khan, Canadian musician
- 1976Necro, American rapper
- 1978Mini Anden, Swedish model
- 1980Ed Moses, American swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.