June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2020 was the 159th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katherine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1494Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
- 1892Benjamin Harrison becomes the first President of the United States to attend a baseball game.
- 1893Mohandas Gandhi’s first act of civil disobedience.
- 1906Cunard Line’s RMS Lusitania is launched at the John Brown Shipyard, Glasgow (Clydebank), Scotland.
- 1940King Haakon VII of Norway, Crown Prince Olav and the Norwegian government leave Tromsø and go into exile in London.
- 1948Edvard Beneš resigns as President of Czechoslovakia rather than signing a constitution making his nation a Communist state.
- 1971The United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment.
- 1975The inaugural Cricket World Cup begins in England.
- 1977500 million people watch on television as the high day of Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II begins.
- 2006Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, is killed in an airstrike by the United States Air Force.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1778Beau Brummell, English fashion leader (d. 1840)
- 1862Philipp Lenard, Austrian physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1947)
- 1925John Biddle, American yachting cinematographer and lecturer (d. 2008)
- 1966Stéphane Richer, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1969Kim Rhodes, American actress
- 1975Allen Iverson, American basketball player
- 1977Preston Campbell, Australian Rugby League Player
- 1978Mini Anden, Swedish model
- 1983Milan Jurcina, Slovakian hockey player
- 1988Milan Lucic, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.