June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2019 was the 158th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 421Emperor Theodosius II marries Aelia Eudocia. The wedding is celebrated at Constantinople (Turkey).
- 1692Port Royal, Jamaica, is hit by a catastrophic earthquake; in just three minutes, 1,600 people are killed and 3,000 are seriously injured.
- 1906Cunard Line’s RMS Lusitania is launched at the John Brown Shipyard, Glasgow (Clydebank), Scotland.
- 1936The Steel Workers Organizing Committee, a trade union, is founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Philip Murray is elected its first president.
- 1940King Haakon VII of Norway, Crown Prince Olav and the Norwegian government leave Tromsø and go into exile in London.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Midway ends.
- 1967Israeli forces enter Jerusalem during the Six-Day War.
- 1971The Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Division of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service raids the home of Ken Ballew for illegal possession of hand grenades, which all turn out to be inert or dummies.
- 1991Mount Pinatubo explodes generating an ash column 7 km high.
- 1998James Byrd, Jr. of Texas is killed when white supremacists drag him behind a pickup truck along an asphalt pavement.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1848Paul Gauguin, French painter (d. 1903)
- 1886Henri Coandă, Romanian aerodynamics pioneer (d. 1972)
- 1954Louise Erdrich, American author
- 1955Tim Richmond, American race car driver (d. 1989)
- 1955William Forsythe, American actor
- 1965Mick Foley, American wrestler
- 1977Preston Campbell, Australian Rugby League Player
- 1978Adrienne Frantz, American actress
- 1981Stephen Bywater, British footballer
- 1983Pierre Pierce, American professional basketball player and convicted sex offender
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.