June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2020 is the 159th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mable’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1420Troops of the Republic of Venice capture Udine, ending the independence of the Patriarchal State of Friuli.
- 1692Port Royal, Jamaica, is hit by a catastrophic earthquake; in just three minutes, 1,600 people are killed and 3,000 are seriously injured.
- 1800David Thompson reaches the mouth of the Saskatchewan River in Manitoba.
- 1880War of the Pacific: The Battle of Arica, assault and capture of Morro de Arica (Arica Cape), that ended the Campaña del Desierto (Desert Campaign).
- 1893Mohandas Gandhi’s first act of civil disobedience.
- 1917World War I: Battle of Messines – Allied ammonal mines underneath German trenches at Messines Ridge are detonated, killing 10,000 German troops.
- 1940King Haakon VII of Norway, Crown Prince Olav and the Norwegian government leave Tromsø and go into exile in London.
- 1945King Haakon VII of Norway returns with his family to Oslo after five years in exile.
- 1948Edvard Beneš resigns as President of Czechoslovakia rather than signing a constitution making his nation a Communist state.
- 1975The inaugural Cricket World Cup begins in England.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1840Charlotte of Belgium, Empress of Mexico (d. 1927)
- 1902Herman B Wells, American college president and chancellor of Indiana University (d. 2000)
- 1909Jessica Tandy, English-born American actress (d. 1994)
- 1937Neeme Järvi, Estonian conductor
- 1940Ronald Pickup, English actor
- 1962Thierry Hazard, French singer and songwriter
- 1964Gia Carides, Australian actress
- 1966Stéphane Richer, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1971Terrell Buckley, American football player
- 1988Milan Lucic, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.