June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2021 was the 158th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PXOEVTACU? Check your answers here: Word solver PXOEVTACU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1099The First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins.
- 1654Louis XIV is crowned King of France.
- 1692Port Royal, Jamaica, is hit by a catastrophic earthquake; in just three minutes, 1,600 people are killed and 3,000 are seriously injured.
- 1892Homer Plessy is arrested for refusing to leave his seat in the “whites-only” car of a train; he would lose the resulting court case, Plessy v. Ferguson.
- 1917World War I: Battle of Messines – Allied ammonal mines underneath German trenches at Messines Ridge are detonated, killing 10,000 German troops.
- 1919Sette giugno: Riot in Malta; four are killed.
- 1948Edvard Beneš resigns as President of Czechoslovakia rather than signing a constitution making his nation a Communist state.
- 1967Israeli forces enter Jerusalem during the Six-Day War.
- 1971The United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment.
- 1975Sony introduces the Betamax videocassette recorder for sale to the public.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1879Knud Rasmussen, Greenlander explorer (d. 1933)
- 1894Alexander de Seversky, Russian-born aviation pioneer (d. 1974)
- 1897George Szell, Hungarian conductor (d. 1970)
- 1933Herb Score, American baseball player (d. 2008)
- 1940Ronald Pickup, English actor
- 1955William Forsythe, American actor
- 1967Dave Navarro, American musician
- 1977Odalis Pérez, Dominican baseball player
- 1977Preston Campbell, Australian Rugby League Player
- 1993Jordan Fry, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.