June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2021 is the 158th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UGUOOGTDYPE? Check your answers here: Word search UGUOOGTDYPE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1420Troops of the Republic of Venice capture Udine, ending the independence of the Patriarchal State of Friuli.
- 1494Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
- 1776Richard Henry Lee presents the “Lee Resolution” to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and leads to the United States Declaration of Independence.
- 1892Benjamin Harrison becomes the first President of the United States to attend a baseball game.
- 1942World War II: Japanese soldiers occupy the American islands of Attu and Kiska, in the Aleutian Islands off Alaska.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Midway ends.
- 1948Edvard Beneš resigns as President of Czechoslovakia rather than signing a constitution making his nation a Communist state.
- 1967Israeli forces enter Jerusalem during the Six-Day War.
- 1977500 million people watch on television as the high day of Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II begins.
- 1982Priscilla Presley opens Graceland to the public; the bathroom where Elvis Presley died five years earlier is kept off-limits.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1757Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire (d. 1806)
- 1917Dean Martin, American singer and actor (d. 1995)
- 1920Georges Marchais, French politician (d. 1997)
- 1925John Biddle, American yachting cinematographer and lecturer (d. 2008)
- 1935Thomas Kailath, American engineer
- 1942Muammar Gaddafi, Ruler of Libya (d. 2011)
- 1960Bill Prady, American television producer
- 1964Judie Aronson, American actress
- 1977Marcin Baszczyński, Polish footballer
- 1990Allison Schmitt, American swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.