June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2019 was the 158th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jesus’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1420Troops of the Republic of Venice capture Udine, ending the independence of the Patriarchal State of Friuli.
- 1862The United States and the United Kingdom agree to suppress the slave trade.
- 1892Homer Plessy is arrested for refusing to leave his seat in the “whites-only” car of a train; he would lose the resulting court case, Plessy v. Ferguson.
- 1936The Steel Workers Organizing Committee, a trade union, is founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Philip Murray is elected its first president.
- 1938The Douglas DC-4E makes its first test flight.
- 1948Edvard Beneš resigns as President of Czechoslovakia rather than signing a constitution making his nation a Communist state.
- 1971The Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Division of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service raids the home of Ken Ballew for illegal possession of hand grenades, which all turn out to be inert or dummies.
- 1975Sony introduces the Betamax videocassette recorder for sale to the public.
- 1995The long range Boeing 777 enters service with United Airlines.
- 2006Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, is killed in an airstrike by the United States Air Force.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1886Henri Coandă, Romanian aerodynamics pioneer (d. 1972)
- 1910Bradford Washburn, American explorer (d. 2007)
- 1917Gwendolyn Brooks, American poet (d. 2000)
- 1931Malcolm Morley, English painter
- 1943Ken Osmond, American actor
- 1953Colleen Camp, American actress
- 1953Dougie Donnelly, Scottish television broadcaster
- 1958Prince, American musician
- 1962Simon Day, English comedian
- 1978Bill Hader, American comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.