June 7: Day of the Week
June 7, 2021 is the 158th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 207 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OODRSYOA? Check your answers here: Word scramble OODRSYOA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1420Troops of the Republic of Venice capture Udine, ending the independence of the Patriarchal State of Friuli.
- 1832Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
- 1863During the French intervention in Mexico, Mexico City is captured by French troops.
- 18661,800 Fenian raiders are repelled back to the United States after they loot and plunder around Saint-Armand and Frelighsburg, Quebec.
- 1938The Douglas DC-4E makes its first test flight.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Midway ends.
- 1955Lux Radio Theater signs off the air permanently. The show launched in New York in 1934, and featured radio adaptations of Broadway shows and popular films.
- 1971The Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Division of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service raids the home of Ken Ballew for illegal possession of hand grenades, which all turn out to be inert or dummies.
- 1971The United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment.
- 1991Mount Pinatubo explodes generating an ash column 7 km high.
Who were born on June 7?
- 1811James Young Simpson, British obstetrician (d. 1870)
- 1911Brooks Stevens, American industrial designer (d. 1995)
- 1921Dorothy Ruth, American horse breeder; adopted daughter of Babe Ruth (d. 1989)
- 1940Tom Jones, Welsh singer
- 1947Don Money, American baseball player and manager
- 1950Gary Graham American actor
- 1952Orhan Pamuk, Turkish writer, Nobel laureate
- 1963Roberto Alagna, French tenor
- 1978Adrienne Frantz, American actress
- 1983Pierre Pierce, American professional basketball player and convicted sex offender
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.