March 1: Day of the Week
March 1, 2019 was the 60th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 305 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
March 1 Historical Event(s)
- 86 BCLucius Cornelius Sulla, at the head of a Roman Republic army, enters Athens, removing the tyrant Aristion who was supported by troops of Mithridates VI of Pontus.
- 1781The Continental Congress adopts the Articles of Confederation.
- 1790The first United States census is authorized.
- 1803Ohio is admitted as the 17th U.S. state.
- 1845President John Tyler signs a bill authorizing the United States to annex the Republic of Texas.
- 1919March 1st Movement begins in Korea.
- 1954Nuclear testing: The Castle Bravo, a 15-megaton hydrogen bomb, is detonated on Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean, resulting in the worst radioactive contamination ever caused by the United States.
- 2003Management of the United States Customs Service and the United States Secret Service move to the United States Department of Homeland Security.
- 2003The International Criminal Court holds its inaugural session in The Hague.
- 2007“Squatters” are evicted from Ungdomshuset in Copenhagen, Denmark, provoking the March 2007 Denmark Riots.
Who were born on March 1?
- 1445Sandro Botticelli, Italian painter (d. 1510)
- 1547Rudolph Goclenius, German philosopher (d. 1628)
- 1927Robert Bork, American legal scholar
- 1930Gastone Nencini, Italian cyclist (d. 1980)
- 1934Jean-Michel Folon, Belgian artist (d. 2005)
- 1943Gil Amelio, American venture capitalist
- 1964Paul Le Guen, French football manager
- 1965Mary Lou Lord, American singer/songwriter
- 1983Blake Hawksworth, Canadian baseball player
- 1995Jonathan Krohn, American political prodigy
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.