March 1: Day of the Week
March 1, 2021 was the 60th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 305 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OLESIQU? Check your answers here: Word solver OLESIQU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 1 Historical Event(s)
- 317Crispus and Constantine II, sons of Roman Emperor Constantine I, and Licinius Iunior, son of Emperor Licinius, are made Caesares
- 1811Leaders of the Mameluke dynasty are killed by Egyptian ruler Muhammad Ali.
- 1867Nebraska becomes the 37th U.S. state; Lancaster, Nebraska is renamed Lincoln and becomes the state capital.
- 1873E. Remington and Sons in Ilion, New York begins production of the first practical typewriter.
- 1914The Republic of China joins the Universal Postal Union.
- 1936The Hoover Dam is completed.
- 1950Cold War: Klaus Fuchs is convicted of spying for the Soviet Union by disclosing top secret atomic bomb data.
- 1958Samuel Alphonsus Stritch is appointed Pro-Prefect of the Propagation of Faith and thus becomes the first American member of the Roman Curia.
- 1961Uganda becomes self-governing and holds its first elections.
- 1990Steve Jackson Games is raided by the United States Secret Service, prompting the later formation of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Who were born on March 1?
- 40Martial, Latin poet (d. 102)
- 1445Sandro Botticelli, Italian painter (d. 1510)
- 1547Rudolph Goclenius, German philosopher (d. 1628)
- 1863Alexander Golovin, Russian painter (d. 1930)
- 1944John Breaux, American politician
- 1958Chosei Komatsu, Japanese conductor
- 1963Russell Wong, American actor
- 1963Thomas Anders, German singer (Modern Talking)
- 1976Dave Malkoff, American TV news reporter
- 1990Harry Eden, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.