March 1: Day of the Week
March 1, 2020 is the 61st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 305 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Velma’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 1 Historical Event(s)
- 752 BCRomulus, legendary first king of Rome, celebrates the first Roman triumph after his victory over the Caeninenses, following The Rape of the Sabine Women.
- 1593The Uppsala Synod is summoned to confirm the exact forms of the Lutheran Church of Sweden.
- 1628Writs issued in February by Charles I of England mandate that every county in England (not just seaport towns) pay ship tax by this date.
- 1700Sweden introduces its own Swedish calendar, in an attempt to gradually merge into the Gregorian calendar, reverts to the Julian calendar on this date in 1712, and introduces the Gregorian Calendar on this date in 1753.
- 1845President John Tyler signs a bill authorizing the United States to annex the Republic of Texas.
- 1870Marshal F.S. López dies during the Battle of Cerro Corá thus marking the end of the War of the Triple Alliance.
- 1912Albert Berry makes the first parachute jump from a moving airplane.
- 1941World War II: Bulgaria signs the Tripartite Pact, allying itself with the Axis powers.
- 1947The International Monetary Fund begins financial operations.
- 1992Bosnia and Herzegovina declares its independence from Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
Who were born on March 1?
- 1871Ben Harney, American composer and ragtime pianist (d. 1938)
- 1896Moriz Seeler, German writer and producer (d. 1942)
- 1921Terence Cooke, American cardinal archbishop (d. 1983)
- 1926Cesare Danova, Italian-born American actor (d. 1992)
- 1936Jean-Edern Hallier, French author (d. 1997)
- 1946Gerry Boulet, French-Canadian singer (d. 1990)
- 1954Catherine Bach, American actress
- 1965Stewart Elliott, Canadian jockey
- 1966Zack Snyder, American film-maker
- 1968Salil Ankola, Indian cricketer and TV actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.