March 1: Day of the Week
March 1, 2020 was the 61st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 305 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Maria’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 1 Historical Event(s)
- 86 BCLucius Cornelius Sulla, at the head of a Roman Republic army, enters Athens, removing the tyrant Aristion who was supported by troops of Mithridates VI of Pontus.
- 293Roman Emperors Diocletian and Maximian appoint Constantius Chlorus as Caesar to Maximian.
- 1633Samuel de Champlain reclaims his role as commander of New France on behalf of Cardinal Richelieu.
- 1781The Continental Congress adopts the Articles of Confederation.
- 1867Nebraska becomes the 37th U.S. state; Lancaster, Nebraska is renamed Lincoln and becomes the state capital.
- 1901The Australian Army was formed.
- 1917The U.S. government releases the unencrypted text of the Zimmermann Telegram to the public.
- 1932The son of Charles Lindbergh, Charles Augustus Lindbergh III, is kidnapped.
- 1941World War II: Bulgaria signs the Tripartite Pact, allying itself with the Axis powers.
- 1971President of Pakistan Yahya Khan indefinitely postpones the pending national assembly session, precipitating massive civil disobedience in East Pakistan.
Who were born on March 1?
- 1432Isabel of Coimbra, queen of Portugal (d. 1455)
- 1858Georg Simmel, German sociologist and philosopher (d. 1918)
- 1906Pham Van Dong, Vietnamese politician (d. 2000)
- 1952Jerri Nielsen, American physician (d. 2009)
- 1963Maurice Benard, American actor
- 1964Clinton Gregory, American musician
- 1973Chris Webber, American basketball player
- 1973Jack Davenport, English actor
- 1984Jacob Lillyman, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1989Sonya Kitchell, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.