March 1: Day of the Week
March 1, 2021 was the 60th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 305 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BAOCROOLU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters BAOCROOLU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 1 Historical Event(s)
- 350Vetranio is asked by Constantina, sister of Constantius II, to proclaim himself Caesar.
- 1836A convention of delegates from 57 Texas communities convenes in Washington-on-the-Brazos, Texas, to deliberate independence from Mexico.
- 1896Battle of Adowa: an Ethiopian army defeats an outnumbered Italian force, ending the First Italo–Ethiopian War.
- 1901The Australian Army was formed.
- 1936The Hoover Dam is completed.
- 1964Villarrica Volcano begins a strombolian eruption causing lahars that destroy half of the town of Coñaripe.
- 1971A bomb explodes in a men’s room in the United States Capitol: the Weather Underground claims responsibility.
- 1973Black September storms the Saudi embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, resulting in the assassination of three Western hostages.
- 1989The United States becomes a member of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
- 2006English-language Wikipedia reaches its one millionth article, Jordanhill railway station.
Who were born on March 1?
- 1547Rudolph Goclenius, German philosopher (d. 1628)
- 1817Giovanni Duprè, Italian sculptor (d. 1882)
- 1910David Niven, English actor (d. 1983)
- 1920Max Bentley, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1984)
- 1944Roger Daltrey, English musician (The Who)
- 1948Burning Spear, Jamaican singer and musician
- 1958Bertrand Piccard, Swiss balloonist and psychiatrist
- 1963Dan Michaels, American musician and record producer
- 1966Susan Auch, Canadian speed-skater
- 1983Daniel Carvalho, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.