March 12: Day of the Week
March 12, 2019 was the 71st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 294 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
March 12 Historical Event(s)
- 538Vitiges, king of the Ostrogoths ends his siege of Rome and retreats to Ravenna, leaving the city in the hands of the victorious Roman general, Belisarius.
- 1689The Williamite War in Ireland begins.
- 1881Andrew Watson makes his Scotland debut as the world’s first black international football player and captain.
- 1918Moscow becomes the capital of Russia again after Saint Petersburg held this status for 215 years.
- 1928In California, the St. Francis Dam fails; the resulting floods kill over 600 people.
- 1933Great Depression: Franklin D. Roosevelt addresses the nation for the first time as President of the United States. This is also the first of his “fireside chats”.
- 1993North Korea nuclear weapons program: North Korea says that it plans to withdraw from the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and refuses to allow inspectors access to its nuclear sites.
- 1993Several bombs explode in Bombay (Mumbai), India, killing about 300 and injuring hundreds more.
- 1993The Blizzard of 1993 – Snow begins to fall across the eastern portion of the US with tornadoes, thunder snow storms, high winds and record low temperatures. The storm lasts for 30 hours.
- 2009Financier Bernard Madoff plead guilty in New York to scamming $18 billion, the largest in Wall Street history.
Who were born on March 12?
- 1613André Le Nôtre, French landscape architect (d. 1700)
- 1910Masayoshi Ohira, Japanese statesman (d. 1980)
- 1913Yashwantrao Chavan, Indian politician (d. 1984)
- 1940Al Jarreau, American singer
- 1942Ratko Mladić, Serbian military commander
- 1956Dale Murphy, American baseball player
- 1963Ian Holloway, English football manager
- 1963Joaquim Cruz, Brazilian runner
- 1970Rex Walters, American basketball player
- 1983Atif Aslam, Pakistani singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.