March 12: Day of the Week
March 12, 2021 was the 71st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 294 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ATMJAE? Check your answers here: Word solver ATMJAE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1622Ignatius of Loyola and Francis Xavier, founders of the Jesuits, are canonized as saints by the Catholic Church.
- 1868Henry O'Farrell attempts to assassinate Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh.
- 1912The Girl Guides (later renamed the Girl Scouts of the USA) are founded in the United States.
- 1918Moscow becomes the capital of Russia again after Saint Petersburg held this status for 215 years.
- 1928In California, the St. Francis Dam fails; the resulting floods kill over 600 people.
- 1934Konstantin Päts and General Johan Laidoner stage a coup in Estonia, and ban all political parties.
- 1947The Truman Doctrine is proclaimed to help stem the spread of Communism.
- 1999Former Warsaw Pact members the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland join NATO.
- 2003Zoran Đinđić, Prime Minister of Serbia, is assassinated in Belgrade.
- 2011A reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant melts and explodes and releases radioactivity into the atmosphere a day after Japan’s earthquake.
Who were born on March 12?
- 1821Sir John Joseph Caldwell Abbott, Canadian statesman (d. 1893)
- 1863Gabriele D'Annunzio, Italian writer (d. 1938)
- 1912Irving Layton, Canadian poet (d. 2006)
- 1926DeLois Barrett Campbell, American gospel singer (d. 2011)
- 1926George Ariyoshi, American politician
- 1936Patrick Procktor, English artist (d. 2003)
- 1948James Taylor, American musician
- 1957Marlon Jackson, American singer and musician (The Jackson 5)
- 1966John Thompson III, American basketball coach
- 1985Bradley Wright-Phillips, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.