March 13: Day of the Week
March 13, 2019 was the 72nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 293 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Fannie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1639Harvard College is named for clergyman John Harvard.
- 1781William Herschel discovers Uranus.
- 1809Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden is deposed in a coup d'état.
- 1900Second Boer War: British forces occupy Bloemfontein, Orange Free State.
- 1930The news of the discovery of Pluto is telegraphed to the Harvard College Observatory.
- 1938World News Roundup is broadcast for the first time on CBS Radio in the United States.
- 1940The Russo-Finnish Winter War ends.
- 1957Cuban student revolutionaries storm the presidential palace in Havana in a failed attempt on the life of President Fulgencio Batista.
- 1979The New Jewel Movement, headed by Maurice Bishop, ousts Prime Minister Eric Gairy in a nearly bloodless coup d'etat in Grenada.
- 2003Human evolution: The journal Nature reports that 350,000-year-old footprints of an upright-walking human have been found in Italy.
Who were born on March 13?
- 1897Dan Gordon, American animator (d. 1969)
- 1900Giorgos Seferis, Greek poet, Nobel laureate (d. 1971)
- 1911L. Ron Hubbard, American science fiction author and founder of Scientology (d. 1986)
- 1941Donella Meadows, American scientist (d. 2001)
- 1949Julia Migenes, American soprano
- 1970Tim Story, American film director
- 1973Edgar Davids, Dutch footballer
- 1974Thomas Enqvist, Swedish tennis player
- 1980Molly Stanton, American actress
- 1983Dan Lupu, Romanian Actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.