March 13: Day of the Week
March 13, 2020 was the 73rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 293 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XNROEOIYYRYF? Check your answers here: Word finder XNROEOIYYRYF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1639Harvard College is named for clergyman John Harvard.
- 1809Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden is deposed in a coup d'état.
- 1862American Civil War: The U.S. federal government forbids all Union army officers to return fugitive slaves, thus effectively annulling the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 and setting the stage for the Emancipation Proclamation.
- 1900Second Boer War: British forces occupy Bloemfontein, Orange Free State.
- 1920The Kapp Putsch briefly ousts the Weimar Republic government from Berlin.
- 1940The Russo-Finnish Winter War ends.
- 1943World War II: In Bougainville, Japanese troops end their assault on American forces at Hill 700.
- 1957Cuban student revolutionaries storm the presidential palace in Havana in a failed attempt on the life of President Fulgencio Batista.
- 1997India’s Missionaries of Charity chooses Sister Nirmala to succeed Mother Teresa as its leader.
- 2003Human evolution: The journal Nature reports that 350,000-year-old footprints of an upright-walking human have been found in Italy.
Who were born on March 13?
- 1720Charles Bonnet, Swiss naturalist and writer (d. 1793)
- 1782Sir Robert Bateson, 1st Baronet, Irish nobility (d.1863)
- 1883Enrico Toselli, Italian (Florentine) composer and pianist(d. 1926)
- 1899Jan Lechoń, Polish poet (d. 1956)
- 1900Béla Guttman, Hungarian footballer (d. 1981)
- 1921Al Jaffee, American cartoonist
- 1956Dana Delany, American actress
- 1957Steve Lake, American baseball player
- 1979Cedric Van Branteghem, Belgian athlete
- 1999Wiktoria Gąsiewska, Polish actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.