March 13: Day of the Week
March 13, 2021 was the 72nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 293 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DLNCAJJDUUO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words DLNCAJJDUUO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1138Cardinal Gregorio Conti is elected Antipope as Victor IV, succeeding Anacletus II.
- 1881Alexander II of Russia is killed near his palace when a bomb is thrown at him. (Gregorian date: it was March 1 in the Julian calendar then in use in Russia.)
- 1884The Siege of Khartoum, Sudan begins, ending on January 26, 1885.
- 1897San Diego State University is founded.
- 1921Mongolia, under Baron Roman Ungern von Sternberg, declares its independence from China.
- 1925Scopes Trial: A law in Tennessee prohibits the teaching of evolution.
- 1930The news of the discovery of Pluto is telegraphed to the Harvard College Observatory.
- 1938Anschluss of Austria to the Third Reich.
- 1938World News Roundup is broadcast for the first time on CBS Radio in the United States.
- 1991The United States Department of Justice announces that Exxon has agreed to pay $1 billion for the clean-up of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
Who were born on March 13?
- 1770Daniel Lambert, Englishman famous for his obesity (d. 1809)
- 1777Charles Lot Church, Nova Scotia politician (d. 1864)
- 1825Hans Gude, Norwegian romanticist landscape painter (d. 1903)
- 1860Hugo Wolf, Austrian composer (d. 1903)
- 1933Mike Stoller, American songwriter
- 1960Adam Clayton, Irish bassist (U2)
- 1971Annabeth Gish, American actress
- 1974Vampeta, Brazilian footballer
- 1977Kay Tse, Hong Kong singer
- 1985Austin Scott, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.