March 14: Day of the Week
March 14, 2021 was the 73rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 292 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WUQLIIOEQ? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters WUQLIIOEQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1489The Queen of Cyprus, Catherine Cornaro, sells her kingdom to Venice.
- 1647Thirty Years’ War: Bavaria, Cologne, France and Sweden sign the Truce of Ulm.
- 1794Eli Whitney is granted a patent for the cotton gin.
- 1910Lakeview Gusher, the largest U.S. oil well gusher near Bakersfield, California, vented to atmosphere.
- 1931Alam Ara, India’s first talkie film, is released.
- 1945World War II – The R.A.F. first operational use of the Grand Slam bomb, Bielefeld, Germany.
- 1967The body of President John F. Kennedy is moved to a permanent burial place at Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1972Italian publisher and former partisan Giangiacomo Feltrinelli is killed by an explosion near Segrate.
- 1980In Poland, a plane crashes during final approach near Warsaw, killing 87 people, including a 14-man American boxing team.
- 1994Timeline of Linux development: Linux kernel version 1.0.0 is released.
Who were born on March 14?
- 1790Ludwig Emil Grimm, German painter and engraver (d. 1863)
- 1854Alexandru Macedonski, Romanian writer (d. 1920)
- 1914Lee Petty, American race car driver (d. 2000)
- 1928Félix Rodríguez de la Fuente, Spanish populariser environmentalist (d. 1980)
- 1928Frank Borman, American astronaut and CEO
- 1941Wolfgang Petersen, German director
- 1974Patrick Traverse, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1977Zé António, Portuguese footballer
- 1979Nicolas Anelka, French footballer
- 1992Jasmine Murray, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.