March 23: Day of the Week
March 23, 2019 was the 82nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 283 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Fernando’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1775American Revolutionary War: Patrick Henry delivers his speech – “Give me Liberty, or give me Death!” – at St. John’s Church in Richmond, Virginia.
- 1801Tsar Paul I of Russia is struck with a sword, then strangled, and finally trampled to death in his bedroom at St. Michael’s Castle.
- 1862The First Battle of Kernstown, Virginia, marks the start of Stonewall Jackson’s Valley Campaign. Though a Confederate defeat, the engagement distracts Federal efforts to capture Richmond.
- 1868The University of California is founded in Oakland, California when the Organic Act is signed into law.
- 1939The Hungarian air force attacks the headquarters of Slovak air force in the city of Spišská Nová Ves, kills 13 people and began the Slovak–Hungarian War.
- 1978The first UNIFIL troops arrived in Lebanon for peacekeeping mission along the Blue Line.
- 1980Archbishop Óscar Romero of El Salvador gives his famous speech appealing to men of the El Salvadoran armed forces to stop killing the Salvadorans.
- 1989Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann announce their discovery of cold fusion at the University of Utah.
- 1994Aeroflot Flight 593 crashes in Siberia when the pilot’s fifteen-year old son accidentally disengages the autopilot, killing all 75 people on board.
- 2001The Russian Mir space station is disposed of, breaking up in the atmosphere before falling into the southern Pacific Ocean near Fiji.
Who were born on March 23?
- 1862Nathaniel Reed, American outlaw turned evangelist (d. 1950)
- 1887Juan Gris, Spanish artist (d. 1927)
- 1895Dane Rudhyar, French-US author, composer, astrologer (d. 1985)
- 1945Franco Battiato, Italian singer, songwriter and filmmaker
- 1958El Duce, American singer and drummer (The Mentors) (d. 1997)
- 1961Steve Holmes, Romanian/German pornographic actor
- 1968Michael Atherton, English cricketer
- 1979Mark Buehrle, American baseball player
- 1986Andrea Dovizioso, Italian motorcycle racer
- 1987Alan Toovey, Australian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.