March 23: Day of the Week
March 23, 2020 was the 83rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 283 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ACEUVIQNP? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ACEUVIQNP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1848The ship John Wickliffe arrives at Port Chalmers carrying the first Scottish settlers for Dunedin, New Zealand. Otago province is founded.
- 1857Elisha Otis’s first elevator is installed at 488 Broadway New York City.
- 1905Eleftherios Venizelos calls for Crete’s union with Greece, and begins what is to be known as the Theriso revolt.
- 1908American diplomat Durham Stevens is attacked by Korean assassins Jeon Myeong-un and Jang In-hwan, leading to his death in a hospital two days later.
- 1919In Milan, Italy, Benito Mussolini founds his Fascist political movement.
- 1935Signing of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of the Philippines.
- 1982Guatemala’s government, headed by Fernando Romeo Lucas García is overthrown in a military coup by right-wing General Efraín Ríos Montt.
- 1989Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann announce their discovery of cold fusion at the University of Utah.
- 1994At an election rally in Tijuana, Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio is assassinated by Mario Aburto Martínez.
- 1996Taiwan holds its first direct elections and chooses Lee Teng-hui as President.
Who were born on March 23?
- 1921Donald Campbell, British car and motorboat racer (d. 1967)
- 1929Sir Roger Bannister, English runner
- 1932Don Marshall, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1944Michael Nyman, British minimalist composer
- 1957Amanda Plummer, American actress
- 1961Steve Holmes, Romanian/German pornographic actor
- 1966Marin Hinkle, American actress
- 1978David Tom, American actor, twin brother of listed above
- 1990Princess Eugenie of York
- 1992Vanessa Morgan, Canadian actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.