March 23: Day of the Week
March 23, 2022 is the 82nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 283 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YHIIBJOS? Check your answers here: Word search YHIIBJOS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1708James Francis Edward Stuart lands at the Firth of Forth.
- 1879War of the Pacific: The Battle of Topáter, the first battle of the war is fought between Chile and the joint forces of Bolivia and Peru.
- 1889The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is established by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad in Qadian India.
- 1933The Reichstag passes the Enabling Act of 1933, making Adolf Hitler dictator of Germany.
- 1935Signing of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of the Philippines.
- 1956Pakistan becomes the first Islamic republic in the world. (Republic Day in Pakistan)
- 1965NASA launches Gemini 3, the United States’ first two-man space flight (crew: Gus Grissom and John Young).
- 1983Strategic Defense Initiative: President Ronald Reagan makes his initial proposal to develop technology to intercept enemy missiles.
- 1991The Revolutionary United Front, with support from the special forces of Charles Taylor’s National Patriotic Front of Liberia, invades Sierra Leone in an attempt to overthrow Joseph Saidu Momoh, sparking a gruesome 11-year Sierra Leone Civil War.
- 2003In Nasiriyah, Iraq, 11 soldiers of the 507th Maintenance Company as well as 18 U.S. Marines are killed during the first major conflict of Operation Iraqi Freedom. 654 Iraqi combatants are also killed.
Who were born on March 23?
- 1887Josef Čapek, Czech writer (d. 1945)
- 1893G. D. Naidu (Gopalaswamy Doraiswamy Naidu), Indian Inventor & Engineer (Edison of India) (d. 1974)
- 1900Erich Fromm, German-born psychoanalyst (d. 1980)
- 1920Neal Smith, former United States Congressman
- 1932Don Marshall, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1945Franco Battiato, Italian singer, songwriter and filmmaker
- 1951Ron Jaworski, American football player and analyst
- 1956José Manuel Barroso, Portuguese politician
- 1976Keri Russell, American actress
- 1986Steven Strait, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.