March 23: Day of the Week
March 23, 2020 is the 83rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 283 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alvin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1400The Tran Dynasty of Vietnam is deposed after one hundred and seventy-five years of rule by Ho Quy Ly, a court official.
- 1821Greek War of Independence: Battle and fall of city of Kalamata.
- 1857Elisha Otis’s first elevator is installed at 488 Broadway New York City.
- 1879War of the Pacific: The Battle of Topáter, the first battle of the war is fought between Chile and the joint forces of Bolivia and Peru.
- 1933The Reichstag passes the Enabling Act of 1933, making Adolf Hitler dictator of Germany.
- 1942World War II: In the Indian Ocean, Japanese forces capture the Andaman Islands.
- 1982Guatemala’s government, headed by Fernando Romeo Lucas García is overthrown in a military coup by right-wing General Efraín Ríos Montt.
- 1994A United States Air Force (USAF) F-16 aircraft collides with a USAF C-130 at Pope Air Force Base and then crashes, killing 24 United States Army soldiers on the ground. This later became known as the Green Ramp disaster.
- 1996Taiwan holds its first direct elections and chooses Lee Teng-hui as President.
- 2001The Russian Mir space station is disposed of, breaking up in the atmosphere before falling into the southern Pacific Ocean near Fiji.
Who were born on March 23?
- 1887Josef Čapek, Czech writer (d. 1945)
- 1934Fernand Gignac, Canadian singer and actor (d. 2006)
- 1937Robert Gallo, American physician
- 1944Michael Nyman, British minimalist composer
- 1950Corinne Clery, French actress
- 1961Steve Holmes, Romanian/German pornographic actor
- 1968Mitch Cullin, American novelist
- 1971Karen McDougal, American model
- 1978David Tom, American actor, twin brother of listed above
- 1990Princess Eugenie of York
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.