March 24: Day of the Week
March 24, 2020 was the 84th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 282 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cesar’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 24: This Day in History
March 24th is the 365th and last day of the year in many European implementations of the Julian calendar.
March 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1765American Revolutionary War: The Kingdom of Great Britain passes the Quartering Act that requires the Thirteen Colonies to house British troops.
- 1832In Hiram, Ohio a group of men beat, tar and feather Mormon leader Joseph Smith, Jr.
- 1896A. A. Popov makes the first radio signal transmission in history.
- 1900Mayor of New York City Robert Anderson Van Wyck breaks ground for a new underground “Rapid Transit Railroad” that would link Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- 1923Greece becomes a republic.
- 1946The British Cabinet Mission, consisting of Lord Pethick-Lawrence, Sir Stafford Cripps and A. V. Alexander, arrives in India to discuss and plan for the transfer of power from the British Raj to Indian leadership.
- 1973Kenyan athlete Kip Keino defeats Jim Ryun at the first-ever professional track meet in Los Angeles, California.
- 2000S&P 500 index reaches an intraday high of 1,552.87, a peak that, due to the collapse of the dot-com bubble, it will not reach again for another seven-and-a-half years.
- 2003The Arab League votes 21-1 in favor of a resolution demanding the immediate and unconditional removal of U.S. and British soldiers from Iraq.
- 2008Bhutan officially becomes a democracy, with its first ever general election.
Who were born on March 24?
- 1890Agnes Macphail, first female member of the Canadian House of Commons (d. 1954)
- 1893Walter Baade, German astronomer (d. 1960)
- 1910Richard Conte, American actor (d. 1975)
- 1916Harry Blackmore Whittington, British palaeontologist (d. 2010)
- 1921Franciszek Blachnicki, Polish priest (d. 1987)
- 1954Robert Carradine, American actor
- 1971Megyn Price, American actress
- 1978Michael Braun, Australian rules footballer
- 1982Christian Hug, German rugby player
- 1982Dustin McGowan, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.