March 24: Day of the Week
March 24, 2019 is the 83rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 282 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 24: This Day in History
March 24th is the 365th and last day of the year in many European implementations of the Julian calendar.
March 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1401Turko-Mongol emperor Timur sacks Damascus.
- 1731Naturalization of Hieronimus de Salis Parliamentary Act is passed.
- 1829Catholic Emancipation: The Parliament of the United Kingdom passes the Roman Catholic Relief Act 1829, allowing Catholics to serve in Parliament.
- 1837Canada gives African Canadian men the right to vote.
- 1927Nanjing Incident: Foreign warships bombard Nanjing, China, in defense of the foreign citizens within the city.
- 1944World War II: In an event later dramatized in the movie The Great Escape, 76 prisoners begin breaking out of Stalag Luft III.
- 1946The British Cabinet Mission, consisting of Lord Pethick-Lawrence, Sir Stafford Cripps and A. V. Alexander, arrives in India to discuss and plan for the transfer of power from the British Raj to Indian leadership.
- 1965NASA spacecraft Ranger 9, equipped to convert its signals into a form suitable for showing on domestic television, brings images of the Moon into ordinary homes before crash landing.
- 1972The United Kingdom imposes direct rule over Northern Ireland.
- 1999Mont Blanc Tunnel fire kills 38 people
Who were born on March 24?
- 1607Michiel de Ruyter, Dutch admiral (d. 1667)
- 1905Pura Santillan-Castrence, Filipino writer and diplomat (d. 2007)
- 1907Paul Sauvé, Quebec politician (d. 1960)
- 1917Constantine Andreou, Greek-Brazilian artist (d. 2007)
- 1920Gene Nelson, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1921Vasily Smyslov, Russian chess player (d. 2010)
- 1969Houston, American pornographic actress
- 1977Olivia Burnette, American actress
- 1980Tassos Venetis, Greek footballer
- 1982Nivea, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.