March 25: Day of the Week
March 25, 2019 is the 84th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 281 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1409The Council of Pisa opens.
- 1802The Treaty of Amiens is signed as a “Definitive Treaty of Peace” between France and the United Kingdom.
- 1807The Slave Trade Act becomes law, abolishing the slave trade in the British Empire.
- 1821(Julian Calendar) Traditional date of the start of the Greek War of Independence. The war had actually began since 23 February 1821. The date was chosen in the early years of the Greek state so that it falls on the day of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, strengthening the ties between the Greek Orthodox Church and the newly-found state.
- 1865American Civil War: In Virginia, Confederate forces temporarily capture Fort Stedman from the Union.
- 1894Coxey’s Army, the first significant American protest march, departs Massillon, Ohio for Washington D.C.
- 1949The extensive deportation campaign known as March deportation is conducted in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania to force collectivisation by way of terror. The Soviet authorities deport more than 92,000 people from the Baltics to remote areas of the Soviet Union.
- 1958Canada’s Avro Arrow makes its first flight.
- 1990The Happy Land fire was an arson fire that kills 87 people trapped inside an illegal nightclub in the New York City borough of The Bronx.
- 2006Capitol Hill massacre: A gunman kills six people before taking his own life at a party in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Who were born on March 25?
- 1824Clinton L. Merriam, American politician (d. 1900)
- 1912Jean Vilar, French stage and film actor (d. 1971)
- 1923Bonnie Guitar, American singer
- 1931Paul Motian, American jazz drummer and composer
- 1932Wes Santee, American middle distance runner (d. 2010)
- 1942Richard O'Brien, English actor and writer
- 1948Lynn Faulds Wood, Scottish television presenter
- 1961Mark Brooks, American golfer
- 1966Anton Rogan, Irish footballer
- 1986Megan Gibson, American softball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.