March 26: Day of the Week
March 26, 2020 was the 86th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 280 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Skyler’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1636Utrecht University is founded in the Netherlands.
- 1808Charles IV of Spain abdicates in favor of his son, Ferdinand VII.
- 1881Thessaly is freed and becomes part of Greece again.
- 1913Balkan War: Bulgarian forces invade Adrianople.
- 1958The African Regroupment Party is launched at a meeting in Paris.
- 1974Gaura Devi leads a group of 27 women of Laata village, Henwalghati, Garhwal Himalayas, to form circles around trees to stop them being felled and giving rise to the Chipko Movement in India.
- 1975The Biological Weapons Convention comes into force.
- 1979Anwar al-Sadat, Menachem Begin and Jimmy Carter sign the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty in Washington, D.C.
- 1982A groundbreaking ceremony for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is held in Washington, D.C.
- 1999The “Melissa worm” infects Microsoft word processing and e-mail systems around the world.
Who were born on March 26?
- 1874Robert Frost, American poet (d. 1963)
- 1882Hermann Obrecht, Swiss jurist (d. 1940)
- 1894Viorica Ursuleac, Romanian soprano (d. 1985)
- 1896Rudolf Dassler, German sportswear executive (d. 1974)
- 1923Gert Bastian, German politician (d. 1992)
- 1929Edwin Turney, American businessman (d. 2008)
- 1929Tom Foley, American politician
- 1940James Caan, American actor
- 1966Michael Imperioli, American actor
- 1981Jay Sean, British R&B singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.