March 26: Day of the Week
March 26, 2019 was the 85th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 280 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1636Utrecht University is founded in the Netherlands.
- 1958The African Regroupment Party is launched at a meeting in Paris.
- 1974Gaura Devi leads a group of 27 women of Laata village, Henwalghati, Garhwal Himalayas, to form circles around trees to stop them being felled and giving rise to the Chipko Movement in India.
- 1975The Biological Weapons Convention comes into force.
- 1982A groundbreaking ceremony for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is held in Washington, D.C.
- 1997Thirty-nine bodies are found in the Heaven’s Gate cult suicides.
- 1998Oued Bouaicha massacre in Algeria: 52 people are killed with axes and knives, 32 of them babies under the age of 2.
- 1999The “Melissa worm” infects Microsoft word processing and e-mail systems around the world.
- 2001World Championship Wrestling is purchased by the World Wrestling Federation.
- 2005The Taiwanese government calls on 1 million Taiwanese to demonstrate in Taipei, in opposition to the Anti-Secession Law of the People’s Republic of China. Around 200,000 to 300,000 attend the demonstration.
Who were born on March 26?
- 1698Václav Prokop Diviš, Czech theologian and natural scientist (d. 1765)
- 1896Rudolf Dassler, German sportswear executive (d. 1974)
- 1916Bill Edrich, English cricketer (d. 1986)
- 1934Alan Arkin, American actor
- 1936Giora Feidman, Argentinian-Jewish klezmer clarinetist
- 1961William Hague, British politician
- 1974Mike Peca, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1975Juvenile, American rapper
- 1982Mikel Arteta, Spanish footballer
- 1988Suvi Koponen, Finnish model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.