March 29: Day of the Week
March 29, 2019 was the 88th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 277 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
March 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1500Cesare Borgia is given the title of Captain General and Gonfalonier by his father Rodrigo Borgia after returning from his conquests in the Romagna.
- 1865American Civil War: Federal forces under Major General Philip Sheridan move to flank Confederate forces under Robert E. Lee as the Appomattox Campaign begins.
- 1879Anglo-Zulu War: Battle of Kambula: British forces defeat 20,000 Zulus.
- 1882The Knights of Columbus are established.
- 1945World War II: Last day of V-1 flying bomb attacks on England.
- 1946Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, one of Mexico’s leading universities, is founded.
- 1951Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage.
- 1957The New York, Ontario and Western Railway makes its final run, the first major U.S. railroad to be abandoned in its entirety.
- 1961The Twenty-third Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, allowing residents of Washington, D.C., to vote in presidential elections.
- 2002In reaction to the Passover massacre two days prior, Israel launches Operation Defensive Shield against Palestinian militants, its largest military operation in the West Bank since the 1967 Six-Day War.
Who were born on March 29?
- 1790John Tyler, 10th President of the United States (d. 1862)
- 1824Ludwig Büchner, German philosopher and physician (d. 1899)
- 1867Cy Young, American baseball player (d. 1955)
- 1939Terence Hill, Italian actor
- 1954Dianne Kay, American actress
- 1959Barry Blanchard, Canadian mountaineer
- 1961Amy Sedaris, American actress and comedian
- 1981Megan Hilty, American actress
- 1984Mohamed Bouazizi, Tunisian vegetable vendor and activist (d. 2011)
- 1991Hayley McFarland, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.