March 29: Day of the Week
March 29, 2017 was the 88th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 277 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1549The city of Salvador da Bahia, the first capital of Brazil, is founded.
- 1809King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden abdicates after a coup d'état. At the Diet of Porvoo, Finland’s four Estates pledge allegiance to Alexander I of Russia, commencing the secession of the Grand Duchy of Finland from Sweden.
- 1849The United Kingdom annexes the Punjab.
- 1886Dr. John Pemberton brews the first batch of Coca-Cola in a backyard in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 1911The M1911 .45 ACP pistol becomes the official U.S. Army side arm.
- 1936In Germany, Adolf Hitler receives 99% of the votes in a referendum to ratify Germany’s illegal reoccupation of the Rhineland, receiving 44.5 million votes out of 45.5 million registered voters.
- 1942The Bombing of Lübeck in World War II is the first major success for the RAF Bomber Command against Germany and a German city.
- 1951Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage.
- 1971A Los Angeles, California jury recommends the death penalty for Charles Manson and three female followers.
- 1973Operation Barrel Roll, a covert US bombing campaign in Laos to stop communist infiltration of South Vietnam, ends.
Who were born on March 29?
- 1553Vitsentzos Kornaros, Greek Renaissance poet
- 1713John Ponsonby, Irish politician (d. 1789)
- 1952Teófilo Stevenson, Cuban boxer
- 1968Lucy Lawless, New Zealand actress and singer
- 1976Jennifer Capriati, American tennis player
- 1980Amy Mathews, Australian actress
- 1980China P. Arnold, American convicted murderer
- 1984Juan Mónaco, Argentine tennis player
- 1985Mickey Pimentel, National Football League linebacker
- 1990Lyle Taylor, British footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.