March 29: Day of the Week
March 29, 2019 was the 88th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 277 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Renee’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Treaty of Saint-Germain is signed returning Quebec to French control after the English had seized it in 1629.
- 1867Queen Victoria gives Royal Assent to the British North America Act which establishes the Dominion of Canada on July 1.
- 1911The M1911 .45 ACP pistol becomes the official U.S. Army side arm.
- 1945World War II: Last day of V-1 flying bomb attacks on England.
- 1957The New York, Ontario and Western Railway makes its final run, the first major U.S. railroad to be abandoned in its entirety.
- 1971A Los Angeles, California jury recommends the death penalty for Charles Manson and three female followers.
- 1973Vietnam War: The last United States combat soldiers leave South Vietnam.
- 1982The Canada Act 1982 (U.K.) receives the Royal Assent from Queen Elizabeth II, setting the stage for the Queen of Canada to proclaim the Constitution Act, 1982.
- 1999The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above the 10,000 mark (10,006.78) for the first time, during the height of the internet boom.
- 2004The Republic of Ireland becomes the first country in the world to ban smoking in all work places, including bars and restaurants.
Who were born on March 29?
- 1746Carlo Buonaparte, father of Napoleon Bonaparte (d. 1785)
- 1826Wilhelm Liebknecht, German journalist and politician (d. 1900)
- 1891Alfred Neubauer, German racing team manager (Mercedes Benz) (d. 1980)
- 1902Marcel Aymé, French writer (d. 1967)
- 1968Sue Foley, Canadian singer and guitarist
- 1980China P. Arnold, American convicted murderer
- 1981Megan Hilty, American actress
- 1986Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, English footballer
- 1990Lyle Taylor, British footballer
- 1992Chris Massoglia, American actor and dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.