March 29: Day of the Week
March 29, 2020 was the 89th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 277 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ARZIBZPAU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ARZIBZPAU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1549The city of Salvador da Bahia, the first capital of Brazil, is founded.
- 1849The United Kingdom annexes the Punjab.
- 1871The Royal Albert Hall is opened by Queen Victoria.
- 1941The North American Radio Broadcasting Agreement goes into effect at 03:00 local time.
- 1941World War II: British Royal Navy and Royal Australian Navy forces defeat those of the Italian Regia Marina off the Peloponnesian coast of Greece in the Battle of Cape Matapan.
- 1957The New York, Ontario and Western Railway makes its final run, the first major U.S. railroad to be abandoned in its entirety.
- 1993Catherine Callbeck becomes premier of Prince Edward Island and the first woman to be elected in a general election as premier of a Canadian province.
- 2002In reaction to the Passover massacre two days prior, Israel launches Operation Defensive Shield against Palestinian militants, its largest military operation in the West Bank since the 1967 Six-Day War.
- 2004The Republic of Ireland becomes the first country in the world to ban smoking in all work places, including bars and restaurants.
- 2010Two female suicide bombers hit the Moscow Metro system at the peak of the morning rush hour, killing 40.
Who were born on March 29?
- 1889Warner Baxter, American actor (d. 1951)
- 1895Ernst Jünger, German author (d. 1998)
- 1899Lavrenty Beria, Soviet Communist leader (d. 1953)
- 1943Eric Idle, English actor, writer, and composer
- 1953Tõnis Palts, Estonian politician
- 1954Karen Ann Quinlan, American right-to-die cause célèbre (d. 1985)
- 1965Emilios T. Harlaftis, Greek astrophysicist (d. 2005)
- 1965William Oefelein, American astronaut
- 1972Alex Ochoa, Cuban-American baseball player
- 1974Marc Gené, Spanish racing car driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.