March 29: Day of the Week
March 29, 2018 was the 88th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 277 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1831Great Bosnian uprising: Bosniaks rebel against Turkey.
- 1857Sepoy Mangal Pandey of the 34th Regiment, Bengal Native Infantry revolts against the British rule in India and inspires a long-drawn War of Independence of 1857 also known as the Sepoy Mutiny.
- 1879Anglo-Zulu War: Battle of Kambula: British forces defeat 20,000 Zulus.
- 1882The Knights of Columbus are established.
- 1930Heinrich Brüning is appointed German Reichskanzler.
- 1936In Germany, Adolf Hitler receives 99% of the votes in a referendum to ratify Germany’s illegal reoccupation of the Rhineland, receiving 44.5 million votes out of 45.5 million registered voters.
- 1957The New York, Ontario and Western Railway makes its final run, the first major U.S. railroad to be abandoned in its entirety.
- 1971My Lai massacre: Lieutenant William Calley is convicted of premeditated murder and sentenced to life in prison.
- 1982The Canada Act 1982 (U.K.) receives the Royal Assent from Queen Elizabeth II, setting the stage for the Queen of Canada to proclaim the Constitution Act, 1982.
- 2004The Republic of Ireland becomes the first country in the world to ban smoking in all work places, including bars and restaurants.
Who were born on March 29?
- 1668Thomas Coram, Founder of the Foundling Hospital (d. 1751)
- 1769Nicolas Jean de Dieu Soult, French marshal (d. 1851)
- 1918Sam Walton, American businessman (d. 1992)
- 1934Paul Crouch, American televangelist
- 1943Sir John Major, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 1944Denny McLain, American baseball player
- 1946Billy Thorpe, Australian singer (d. 2007)
- 1949Michael Brecker, American jazz saxophonist (d. 2007)
- 1965Jill Goodacre, American actress and model
- 1988Esther Cremer, German athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.