March 31: Day of the Week
March 31, 2020 is the 91st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 275 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Irma’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 31 Historical Event(s)
- 1146Bernard of Clairvaux preaches his famous sermon in a field at Vézelay, urging the necessity of a Second Crusade. Louis VII is present, and joins the Crusade.
- 1822The massacre of the population of the Greek island of Chios by soldiers of the Ottoman Empire following an attempted rebellion, depicted by the French artist Eugène Delacroix.
- 1889The Eiffel Tower is officially opened.
- 1917The United States takes possession of the Danish West Indies after paying $25 million to Denmark, and renames the territory the United States Virgin Islands.
- 1921The Royal Australian Air Force is formed.
- 1931An earthquake destroys Managua, Nicaragua, killing 2,000.
- 1931TWA Flight 599 crashes near Bazaar, Kansas killing 8 including Knute Rockne, head football coach at the University of Notre Dame
- 1951Remington Rand delivers the first UNIVAC I computer to the United States Census Bureau.
- 1966The Soviet Union launches Luna 10 which later becomes the first space probe to enter orbit around the Moon.
- 1986Six metropolitan county councils are abolished in England.
Who were born on March 31?
- 1871Arthur Griffith, Irish politician (d. 1922)
- 1884Adriaan van Maanen, Dutch-born American astronomer (d. 1946)
- 1924Leo Buscaglia, American author (d. 1998)
- 1926John Fowles, English author (d. 2005)
- 1928Gordie Howe, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1934John D. Loudermilk, American singer and songwriter
- 1939Zviad Gamsakhurdia, Georgian politician (d. 1993)
- 1959Ali McMordie, Irish bassist (Stiff Little Fingers)
- 1971Demetris Assiotis, Greek-Cypriot footballer
- 1978Jérôme Rothen, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.