March 31: Day of the Week
March 31, 2021 was the 90th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 275 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TGAJOGXOQ? Check your answers here: Word finder TGAJOGXOQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 31 Historical Event(s)
- 307After divorcing his wife Minervina, Constantine marries Fausta, the daughter of the retired Roman Emperor Maximian.
- 1146Bernard of Clairvaux preaches his famous sermon in a field at Vézelay, urging the necessity of a Second Crusade. Louis VII is present, and joins the Crusade.
- 1492Queen Isabella of Castille issues the Alhambra decree, ordering her 150,000 Jewish subjects to convert to Christianity or face expulsion.
- 1877The family with samurai antecedents that responded to the Saigō army in Ōita Nakatsu, rebels.
- 1921The Royal Australian Air Force is formed.
- 1931An earthquake destroys Managua, Nicaragua, killing 2,000.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces invade Christmas Island, then a British possession.
- 1958In the Canadian federal election, the Progressive Conservatives, led by John Diefenbaker, win the largest percentage of seats in Canadian history, with 208 seats of 265.
- 1979The last British soldier leaves the Maltese Islands. Malta declares its Freedom Day (Jum il-Helsien).
- 1986Six metropolitan county councils are abolished in England.
Who were born on March 31?
- 1718Infanta Mariana Victoria of Spain (d. 1781)
- 1819Prince Chlodwig zu Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst, German statesman (d. 1901)
- 1878Jack Johnson, American boxer (d. 1946)
- 1895Vardis Fisher, American author (d. 1968)
- 1935Judith Rossner, American author
- 1965Steven T. Seagle, American comic-book writer
- 1969Steve Smith, American basketball player
- 1980Dean Clark, English footballer
- 1982Tal Ben Haim, Israeli footballer
- 1984Dario Bova, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.