March 5: Day of the Week
March 5, 2021 is the 64th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 301 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FACYUOA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words FACYUOA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 5 Historical Event(s)
- 363Roman Emperor Julian moves from Antioch with an army of 90,000 to attack the Sassanid Empire, in a campaign which would bring about his own death.
- 1046Naser Khosrow begins the seven-year Middle Eastern journey which he will later describe in his book Safarnama.
- 1279The Livonian Order is defeated in the Battle of Aizkraukle by the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- 1766Antonio de Ulloa, the first Spanish governor of Louisiana, arrives in New Orleans.
- 1770Boston Massacre: Five Americans, including Crispus Attucks, and a boy, are killed by British troops in an event that would contribute to the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War (also known as the American War of Independence) five years later. At a subsequent trial the soldiers are defended by John Adams.
- 1912Italian forces are the first to use airships for military purposes, employing them for reconnaissance behind Turkish lines.
- 1933Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections. This later allows the Nazis to pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship.
- 1933Great Depression: President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares a “bank holiday”, closing all U.S. banks and freezing all financial transactions.
- 1944World War II: The Red Army begins the Uman–Botoşani Offensive in western Ukrainian SSR.
- 1982Soviet probes Venera 14 landed on Venus.
Who were born on March 5?
- 1693Johann Jakob Wettstein, Swiss theologian (d. 1754)
- 1750Jean-Baptiste Gaspard d'Ansse de Villoison, French classical scholar (d. 1805)
- 1862Siegbert Tarrasch, German chess player (d. 1934)
- 1897Set Persson, Swedish communist politician (d. 1960)
- 1923Laurence Tisch, American investor (d. 2003)
- 1946Mem Fox, Australian writer
- 1949Leszek Błażyński, Polish boxer (d. 1992)
- 1974Matt Lucas, English comedian
- 1975Luciano Burti, Brazilian racing driver
- 1989Sterling Knight, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.