March 5: Day of the Week
March 5, 2018 was the 64th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 301 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1766Antonio de Ulloa, the first Spanish governor of Louisiana, arrives in New Orleans.
- 1824First Anglo-Burmese War: The British officially declare war on Burma.
- 1850The Britannia Bridge across the Menai Strait between the Isle of Anglesey and the mainland of Wales is opened.
- 1906Moro Rebellion: United States Army troops bring overwhelming force against the native Moros in the First Battle of Bud Dajo, leaving only six survivors.
- 1912Italian forces are the first to use airships for military purposes, employing them for reconnaissance behind Turkish lines.
- 1943First flight of Gloster Meteor jet aircraft in the United Kingdom.
- 1975First meeting of the Homebrew Computer Club
- 1979America’s Voyager 1 spacecraft has its closest approach to Jupiter, 172,000 miles.
- 19846,000 miners in the United Kingdom begin their strike at Cortonwood Colliery.
- 2003In Haifa, 17 Israeli civilians are killed by a Hamas suicide bomb in the Haifa bus 37 massacre.
Who were born on March 5?
- 1585John George I, Elector of Saxony (d. 1656)
- 1696Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Italian painter (d. 1770)
- 1933Tommy Tucker, American blues singer and pianist (d. 1982)
- 1939Peter Woodcock, Canadian serial killer
- 1946Lova Moor, French singer and dancer
- 1948Richard Hickox, English musical conductor
- 1949Leszek Błażyński, Polish boxer (d. 1992)
- 1969Paul Blackthorne, British actor
- 1970Lisa Robin Kelly, American actress
- 1981Paul Martin, American ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.