March 5: Day of the Week
March 5, 2017 was the 64th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 301 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1766Antonio de Ulloa, the first Spanish governor of Louisiana, arrives in New Orleans.
- 1770Boston Massacre: Five Americans, including Crispus Attucks, and a boy, are killed by British troops in an event that would contribute to the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War (also known as the American War of Independence) five years later. At a subsequent trial the soldiers are defended by John Adams.
- 1824First Anglo-Burmese War: The British officially declare war on Burma.
- 1933Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections. This later allows the Nazis to pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship.
- 1960Cuban photographer Alberto Korda took his iconic photograph of Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara.
- 1970The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty goes into effect after ratification by 43 nations.
- 1974Yom Kippur War: Israeli forces withdraw from the west bank of the Suez Canal.
- 1979Soviet probes Venera 11, Venera 12 and the American solar satellite Helios II all are hit by “off the scale” gamma rays leading to the discovery of soft gamma repeaters.
- 1981The ZX81, a pioneering British home computer, is launched by Sinclair Research and would go on to sell over 1.5 million units around the world.
- 19846,000 miners in the United Kingdom begin their strike at Cortonwood Colliery.
Who were born on March 5?
- 1886Dong Biwu, Chinese Communist Party figure (d. 1975)
- 1923Laurence Tisch, American investor (d. 2003)
- 1933Jef Eygel, Belgian basketball player (d. 2005)
- 1933Tommy Tucker, American blues singer and pianist (d. 1982)
- 1936Dean Stockwell, American actor
- 1938Lynn Margulis, American biologist (d. 2011)
- 1948Eddy Grant, Guyana-born singer
- 1955Penn Jillette, American magician and comedian
- 1969MC Solaar, French rapper
- 1979Tang Gonghong, Chinese weightlifter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.