March 5: Day of the Week
March 5, 2019 was the 64th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 301 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
March 5 Historical Event(s)
- 363Roman Emperor Julian moves from Antioch with an army of 90,000 to attack the Sassanid Empire, in a campaign which would bring about his own death.
- 1279The Livonian Order is defeated in the Battle of Aizkraukle by the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- 1860Parma, Tuscany, Modena and Romagna vote in referendums to join the Kingdom of Sardinia.
- 1868Mefistofele, an opera by Arrigo Boito receives its première performance at La Scala.
- 1933Great Depression: President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares a “bank holiday”, closing all U.S. banks and freezing all financial transactions.
- 1965March Intifada: A Leftist uprising erupts in Bahrain against British colonial presence.
- 1966BOAC Flight 911 crashes on Mount Fuji, Japan, killing 124.
- 1975First meeting of the Homebrew Computer Club
- 1981The ZX81, a pioneering British home computer, is launched by Sinclair Research and would go on to sell over 1.5 million units around the world.
- 1982Soviet probes Venera 14 landed on Venus.
Who were born on March 5?
- 1324King David II of Scotland (d. 1371)
- 1794Jacques Babinet, French physicist (d. 1872)
- 1886Dong Biwu, Chinese Communist Party figure (d. 1975)
- 1918Milt Schmidt, Canadian ice hockey player, coach and manager
- 1947Eddie Hodges, American actor and singer
- 1949Franz Josef Jung, German federal minister of defence
- 1954Jack Stamp, American wind band composer
- 1974Eva Mendes, American actress
- 1985Kenichi Matsuyama, Japanese actor
- 1989Jake Lloyd, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.