March 5: Day of the Week
March 5, 2021 was the 64th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 301 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FAUFIXUMKI? Check your answers here: Words with these letters FAUFIXUMKI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
March 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1496King Henry VII of England issues letters patent to John Cabot and his sons, authorising them to explore unknown lands.
- 1766Antonio de Ulloa, the first Spanish governor of Louisiana, arrives in New Orleans.
- 1770Boston Massacre: Five Americans, including Crispus Attucks, and a boy, are killed by British troops in an event that would contribute to the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War (also known as the American War of Independence) five years later. At a subsequent trial the soldiers are defended by John Adams.
- 1850The Britannia Bridge across the Menai Strait between the Isle of Anglesey and the mainland of Wales is opened.
- 1933Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections. This later allows the Nazis to pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship.
- 1943First flight of Gloster Meteor jet aircraft in the United Kingdom.
- 1944World War II: The Red Army begins the Uman–Botoşani Offensive in western Ukrainian SSR.
- 1946Winston Churchill uses the phrase “Iron Curtain” in his speech at Westminster College, Missouri.
- 1974Yom Kippur War: Israeli forces withdraw from the west bank of the Suez Canal.
- 1982Soviet probes Venera 14 landed on Venus.
Who were born on March 5?
- 1869Michael von Faulhaber, German cardinal and archbishop (d. 1952)
- 1914Philip Farkas, American horn player and teacher (d. 1992)
- 1918Milt Schmidt, Canadian ice hockey player, coach and manager
- 1935Paul Sand, American actor
- 1944Lucio Battisti, Italian singer (d. 1998)
- 1956Adriana Barraza, Mexican actress
- 1956Marco Paolini, Italian stage actor and author
- 1964Bertrand Cantat, French singer and murderer
- 1985Kenichi Matsuyama, Japanese actor
- 1992Erik Lamela, Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.