March 5: Day of the Week
March 5, 2020 was the 65th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 301 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lula’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
March 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1046Naser Khosrow begins the seven-year Middle Eastern journey which he will later describe in his book Safarnama.
- 1766Antonio de Ulloa, the first Spanish governor of Louisiana, arrives in New Orleans.
- 1860Parma, Tuscany, Modena and Romagna vote in referendums to join the Kingdom of Sardinia.
- 1906Moro Rebellion: United States Army troops bring overwhelming force against the native Moros in the First Battle of Bud Dajo, leaving only six survivors.
- 1940Members of Soviet politburo sign an order for the execution of 25,700 Polish intelligentsia, including 14,700 Polish POWs, known also as the Katyn massacre.
- 1944World War II: The Red Army begins the Uman–Botoşani Offensive in western Ukrainian SSR.
- 1946Winston Churchill uses the phrase “Iron Curtain” in his speech at Westminster College, Missouri.
- 1966BOAC Flight 911 crashes on Mount Fuji, Japan, killing 124.
- 1979America’s Voyager 1 spacecraft has its closest approach to Jupiter, 172,000 miles.
- 1981The ZX81, a pioneering British home computer, is launched by Sinclair Research and would go on to sell over 1.5 million units around the world.
Who were born on March 5?
- 1886Dong Biwu, Chinese Communist Party figure (d. 1975)
- 1898Zhou Enlai, Premier of the People’s Republic of China (d. 1976)
- 1914Philip Farkas, American horn player and teacher (d. 1992)
- 1931Barry Tuckwell, Australian horn player
- 1933Jef Eygel, Belgian basketball player (d. 2005)
- 1933Kostas Linoxilakis, Greek footballer
- 1947Clodagh Rodgers, Irish singer
- 1956Marco Paolini, Italian stage actor and author
- 1968Gordon Bajnai, Hungarian politician
- 1978Mike Hessman, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.