May 11: Day of the Week
May 11, 2021 was the 131st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 234 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QMIZKEPUBG? Check your answers here: Word search QMIZKEPUBG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1647Peter Stuyvesant arrives in New Amsterdam to replace Willem Kieft as Director-General of New Netherland, the Dutch colonial settlement in present-day New York City.
- 1745War of Austrian Succession: Battle of Fontenoy – French forces defeat an Anglo-Dutch-Hanoverian army.
- 1894Pullman Strike: Four thousand Pullman Palace Car Company workers go on a wildcat strike in Illinois.
- 190732 Shriners are killed when their chartered train derails at a switch near Surf Depot in Lompoc, California.
- 1918The Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus is officially established.
- 1924Mercedes-Benz is formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz merging their two companies.
- 1944World War II: The Allies begin a major offensive against the Axis Powers on the Gustav Line.
- 1953The 1953 Waco tornado outbreak: an F5 tornado hits downtown Waco, Texas, killing 114.
- 1996The 1996 Mount Everest disaster: on a single day eight people die during summit attempts on Mount Everest.
- 1997Deep Blue, a chess-playing supercomputer, defeats Garry Kasparov in the last game of the rematch, becoming the first computer to beat a world-champion chess player in a classic match format.
Who were born on May 11?
- 1733Victoire of France, daughter of king Louis XV of France (d. 1799)
- 1927Bernard Fox, English actor
- 1947Butch Trucks, American drummer (The Allman Brothers Band)
- 1965Monsour del Rosario, Filipino martial artist and actor
- 1965Stefano Domenicali, Italian Formula One team principal (Ferrari)
- 1970Glenn Hugill, British television presenter and producer
- 1972Daniel Ornellas, Zimbabwean musician
- 1984Andrés Iniesta, Spanish football player
- 1987Justin King, American football player
- 1990Daniel Jason Torres, American politician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.