May 12: Day of the Week
May 12, 2019 was the 132nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 233 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
May 12 Historical Event(s)
- 922After much hardship, Abbasid envoy Ahmad ibn Fadlan arrived in the lands of Volga Bulgars.
- 1821The first big battle of the Greek War of Independence against the Turks occurs in Valtetsi.
- 1862U.S. federal troops occupy Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- 1885North-West Rebellion: the four-day Battle of Batoche, pitting rebel Métis against the Canadian government, comes to an end with a decisive rebel defeat.
- 1937George VI and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- 1942Holocaust: 1,500 Jews are sent to gas chambers in Auschwitz.
- 1945Argentinian labour leader José Peter declares the Federación Obrera de la Industria de la Carne dissolved.
- 1968Vietnam War: North Vietnamese and Viet Cong forces attack Australian troops defending Fire Support Base Coral, east of Lai Khe in South Vietnam on the night of 12/13 May, resulting in heavy casualties on both sides and beginning the Battle of Coral-Balmoral.
- 2003Fifty-nine Democratic lawmakers bring the Texas Legislature to a standstill by going into hiding in a dispute over a Republican congressional redistricting plan.
- 2006Iranian Azeris interpret a cartoon published in an Iranian magazine as insulting, resulting in massive riots throughout the country.
Who were born on May 12?
- 1880Lincoln Ellsworth, American explorer (d. 1951)
- 1910Charles B. Fulton, American jurist (d. 1996)
- 1936Tom Snyder, American television personality (d. 2007)
- 1956Bernie Federko, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1957Lou Whitaker, American baseball player
- 1967Joe McKinney, Irish actor
- 1968Tony Hawk, American skateboarder
- 1977Lorena Bernal, Argentine/Spanish model and actress
- 1978Jason Biggs, American actor
- 1983Virginie Razzano, French tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.