May 12: Day of the Week
May 12, 2022 was the 132nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 233 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UZYHMCUOLATM? Check your answers here: Word finder UZYHMCUOLATM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1264The Battle of Lewes, between King Henry III of England and the rebel Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester, begins.
- 1328Antipope Nicholas V, a claimant to the papacy, is consecrated in Rome by the Bishop of Venice.
- 1797First Coalition: Napoleon I of France conquers Venice.
- 1865American Civil War: the Battle of Palmito Ranch: the first day of the last major land action to take place during the Civil War, resulting in a Confederate victory.
- 1937George VI and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- 1975Mayagüez incident: the Cambodian navy seizes the American merchant ship SS Mayaguez in international waters.
- 1981Francis Hughes starves to death in the Maze Prison in a Republican campaign for political prisoner status to be granted to Provisional IRA prisoners.
- 1998Four students are shot at Trisakti University, leading to widespread riots and the fall of Suharto
- 2006Iranian Azeris interpret a cartoon published in an Iranian magazine as insulting, resulting in massive riots throughout the country.
- 2006Mass unrest by the Primeiro Comando da Capital begins in São Paulo (Brazil), leaving at least 150 dead.
Who were born on May 12?
- 1590Cosimo II de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany (d. 1621)
- 1767Manuel de Godoy, Spanish statesman (d. 1851)
- 1892Fritz Kortner, Austrian-born director (d. 1970)
- 1917Frank Clair, American-born Canadian football coach (d. 2005)
- 1939Ron Ziegler, U.S. White House Press Secretary (d. 2003)
- 1947Micheline Lanctôt, American film actor, director and screenwriter
- 1953Kevin Grevey, American basketball player
- 1958Eric Singer, American drummer
- 1980Felipe Lopez, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1990Jacory Harris, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.