May 12: Day of the Week
May 12, 2020 is the 133rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 233 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Judith’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1364Jagiellonian University, the oldest university in Poland, is founded in Kraków, Poland.
- 1932Ten weeks after his abduction Charles Jr., the infant son of Charles Lindbergh is found dead in Hopewell, New Jersey, just a few miles from the Lindberghs’ home.
- 1937George VI and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- 1945Argentinian labour leader José Peter declares the Federación Obrera de la Industria de la Carne dissolved.
- 1965The Soviet spacecraft Luna 5 crashes on the Moon.
- 1982During a procession outside the shrine of the Virgin Mary in Fátima, Portugal, security guards overpower Juan Fernandez Krohn before he can attack Pope John Paul II with a bayonet. Krohn, an ultraconservative Spanish priest opposed to the Vatican II reforms, believed that the Pope had to be killed for being an “agent of Moscow”.
- 1998Four students are shot at Trisakti University, leading to widespread riots and the fall of Suharto
- 2003Fifty-nine Democratic lawmakers bring the Texas Legislature to a standstill by going into hiding in a dispute over a Republican congressional redistricting plan.
- 2006Iranian Azeris interpret a cartoon published in an Iranian magazine as insulting, resulting in massive riots throughout the country.
- 2006Mass unrest by the Primeiro Comando da Capital begins in São Paulo (Brazil), leaving at least 150 dead.
Who were born on May 12?
- 1850Henry Cabot Lodge, U.S. statesman (d. 1924)
- 1914Bertus Aafjes, Dutch poet (d. 1993)
- 1914James Bacon, American entertainment columnist and reporter (d. 2010)
- 1918Julius Rosenberg, American-born spy for the Soviet Union (d. 1953)
- 1936Tom Snyder, American television personality (d. 2007)
- 1960Ian Khan, British racing driver
- 1960Paul Arcand, Quebec radio host, journalist and film director
- 1963Panagiotis Fasoulas, Greek basketball player, Mayor of Piraeus
- 1970Mark Foster, British swimmer
- 1987Gianluca Sansone, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.