May 18: Day of the Week
May 18, 2019 is the 138th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 227 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1631In Dorchester, Massachusetts, John Winthrop takes the oath of office and becomes the first Governor of Massachusetts.
- 1763Fire destroys a large part of Montreal, Quebec.
- 1896Khodynka Tragedy: A mass panic on Khodynka Field in Moscow during the festivities of the coronation of Russian Tsar Nicholas II results in the deaths of 1,389 people.
- 1948The First Legislative Yuan of the Republic of China officially convenes in Nanking.
- 1956First ascent of Lhotse 8,516 meters, by a Swiss team.
- 1958An F-104 Starfighter sets a world speed record of 1,404.19 mph (2,259.82 km/h).
- 1959Launch of the National Liberation Committee of Côte d'Ivoire in Conakry, Guinea.
- 1965Israeli spy Eli Cohen was hanged in Damascus, Syria.
- 1969Apollo program: Apollo 10 is launched.
- 1974Nuclear test: under project Smiling Buddha, India successfully detonates its first nuclear weapon becoming the sixth nation to do so.
Who were born on May 18?
- 1474Isabella d'Este, Marquise of Mantua (d. 1539)
- 1913Mary Howard de Liagre, American actress (d. 2009)
- 1914Pierre Balmain, French fashion designer (d. 1982)
- 1914Robert J. Wilke, American actor (d. 1989)
- 1952George Strait, American country musician
- 1957Michael Cretu, Romanian-born German musician (Enigma)
- 1960Jari Kurri, Finnish ice hockey player
- 1971Brad Friedel, American soccer player
- 1979Mariusz Lewandowski, Polish footballer
- 1983Gary O'Neil, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.