May 21: Day of the Week
May 21, 2019 is the 141st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 224 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 21 Historical Event(s)
- 878Syracuse, Italy is captured by the Muslim sultan of Sicily.
- 879Pope John VIII gives blessings to duke Branimir and to Croatian people, considered to be international recognition of the Croatian state.
- 1349Dušan’s Code, the constitution of the Serbian Empire, is enacted by Dušan the Mighty.
- 1917The Commonwealth War Graves Commission is established through Royal Charter to mark, record and maintain the graves and places of commemoration of Commonwealth of Nations military forces.
- 1934Oskaloosa, Iowa, becomes the first municipality in the United States to fingerprint all of its citizens.
- 1939The Canadian National War Memorial is unveiled by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in Ottawa.
- 1946Physicist Louis Slotin is fatally irradiated in a criticality incident during an experiment with the Demon core at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- 1966The Ulster Volunteer Force declares war on the Irish Republican Army in Northern Ireland.
- 1981The Italian government releases the membership list of Propaganda Due, an illegal pseudo-Masonic lodge that was implicated in numerous Italian crimes and mysteries.
- 1996The MV Bukoba sinks in Tanzanian waters on Lake Victoria, killing nearly 1,000.
Who were born on May 21?
- 1653Eleonora Maria Josefa of Austria (d. 1697)
- 1835František Chvostek, Moravian physician (d. 1884)
- 1913Gina Bachauer, Greek pianist (d. 1976)
- 1921Andrei Sakharov, Russian physicist (d. 1989)
- 1930Malcolm Fraser, Australian politician
- 1934Bengt I. Samuelsson, Swedish biochemist, Nobel laureate
- 1957Nadine Dorries, British Conservative politician
- 1981Craig Anderson, American ice hockey player
- 1985Isa Guha, English cricketer
- 1994Tom Daley, English diver and Olympian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.