May 22: Day of the Week
May 22, 2019 is the 142nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 223 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 22 Historical Event(s)
- 334 BCThe Macedonian army of Alexander the Great defeats Darius III of Persia in the Battle of the Granicus.
- 1826HMS Beagle departs on its first voyage.
- 1840The transporting of British convicts to the New South Wales colony is abolished.
- 1872Reconstruction: U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant signs the Amnesty Act of 1872 into law restoring full civil rights to all but about 500 Confederate sympathizers.
- 1947Cold War: in an effort to fight the spread of Communism, U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs an act into law that will later be called the Truman Doctrine. The act grants $400 million in military and economic aid to Turkey and Greece, each battling an internal Communist movement.
- 1969Apollo 10's lunar module flies within 8.4 nautical miles (16 km) of the moon’s surface.
- 1997Kelly Flinn, US Air Force’s first female bomber pilot certified for combat, accepts a general discharge in order to avoid a court martial.
- 1998Lewinsky scandal: a federal judge rules that United States Secret Service agents can be compelled to testify before a grand jury concerning the scandal, involving President Bill Clinton.
- 2002In Washington, D.C., the remains of the missing Chandra Levy are found in Rock Creek Park.
- 2003In Fort Worth, Texas, Annika Sörenstam becomes the first woman to play the PGA Tour in 58 years.
Who were born on May 22?
- 1859Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Scottish physician and writer (d. 1930)
- 1904Pyotr Sobolevsky, Soviet actor (d. 1977)
- 1914Vance Packard, American author (d. 1996)
- 1935Ron Piché, Canadian baseball player
- 1941Sir Menzies Campbell, British politician
- 1956Al Corley, American actor and producer
- 1964Mark Christopher Lawrence, American Actor & Standup Comedian
- 1967Brooke Smith, American actress
- 1985CariDee English, American model
- 1992Chinami Tokunaga, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.