May 22: Day of the Week
May 22, 2021 is the 142nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 223 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ATILSEOHOQ? Check your answers here: Word solver ATILSEOHOQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1826HMS Beagle departs on its first voyage.
- 1871The U.S. Army issued an order for abandonment of Fort Kearny in Nebraska.
- 1903Launch of the White Star Liner, SS Ionic.
- 1964U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces the goals of his Great Society social reforms to bring an “end to poverty and racial injustice” in America.
- 1967The L'Innovation department store in the centre of Brussels, Belgium, burns down. It is the most devastating fire in Belgian history, resulting in 323 dead and missing and 150 injured.
- 1990North and South Yemen are unified to create the Republic of Yemen.
- 2002American civil rights movement: a jury in Birmingham, Alabama, convicts former Ku Klux Klan member Bobby Frank Cherry of the 1963 murders of four girls in the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church.
- 2002In Washington, D.C., the remains of the missing Chandra Levy are found in Rock Creek Park.
- 2008The Late-May 2008 tornado outbreak sequence unleashes 235 tornadoes, including an EF4 and an EF5 tornado, between May 22 and May 31, 2008. The tornadoes struck 19 states and one Canadian province.
- 2010Air India Express Flight 812 overshoots the runway and crashes. 158 people are killed.
Who were born on May 22?
- 1808Gérard de Nerval, French writer (d. 1855)
- 1904Pyotr Sobolevsky, Soviet actor (d. 1977)
- 1917Nathan Davis, American actor (d. 2008)
- 1924Charles Aznavour, Armenian-French singer, actor, and composer
- 1927Michael Constantine, American actor
- 1934Arne Harris, American television sports director (d. 2001)
- 1950Bernie Taupin, English songwriter
- 1974Sean Gunn, American actor
- 1985Tranquillo Barnetta, Swiss footballer
- 1988Pape M'Bow, Senegalese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.