May 22: Day of the Week
May 22, 2017 was the 142nd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 223 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1254Serbian King Stephen Uroš I and the Republic of Venice sign a peace treaty.
- 1377Pope Gregory XI issues five papal bulls to denounce the doctrines of English theologian John Wycliffe.
- 1809On the second and last day of the Battle of Aspern-Essling (near Vienna), Napoleon is repelled by an enemy army for the first time.
- 1939World War II: Germany and Italy sign the Pact of Steel.
- 1967The L'Innovation department store in the centre of Brussels, Belgium, burns down. It is the most devastating fire in Belgian history, resulting in 323 dead and missing and 150 injured.
- 1987Hashimpura massacre in Meerut city of India.
- 1990North and South Yemen are unified to create the Republic of Yemen.
- 1997Kelly Flinn, US Air Force’s first female bomber pilot certified for combat, accepts a general discharge in order to avoid a court martial.
- 2002In Washington, D.C., the remains of the missing Chandra Levy are found in Rock Creek Park.
- 2008The Late-May 2008 tornado outbreak sequence unleashes 235 tornadoes, including an EF4 and an EF5 tornado, between May 22 and May 31, 2008. The tornadoes struck 19 states and one Canadian province.
Who were born on May 22?
- 1772Ram Mohan Roy, Hindu reformer (d. 1833)
- 1849Louis Perrier, Swiss politician (d. 1913)
- 1908Horton Smith. American golfer (d. 1963)
- 1930Harvey Milk, American politician and civil rights activist (d. 1978)
- 1934Arne Harris, American television sports director (d. 2001)
- 1952Bernhard Brinkmann, German politician
- 1953Cha Bum-Kun, Korean footballer
- 1953Doris Barnett, German politician
- 1971Raimund Marasigan,Filipino Musician
- 1980Steven Baker, Australian Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.