May 22: Day of the Week
May 22, 2020 was the 143rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 223 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EMUZRJUGZZD? Check your answers here: Word finder EMUZRJUGZZD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1176The Hashshashin (Assassins) attempt to murder Saladin near Aleppo.
- 1762Sweden and Prussia sign the Treaty of Hamburg.
- 1809On the second and last day of the Battle of Aspern-Essling (near Vienna), Napoleon is repelled by an enemy army for the first time.
- 1871The U.S. Army issued an order for abandonment of Fort Kearny in Nebraska.
- 1906The Wright brothers are granted U.S. patent number 821,393 for their “Flying-Machine”.
- 1915Lassen Peak erupts with a powerful force, and is the only mountain other than Mount St. Helens to erupt in the continental US during the 20th century.
- 1964U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces the goals of his Great Society social reforms to bring an “end to poverty and racial injustice” in America.
- 1980Namco releases the highly influential arcade game Pac-Man.
- 1997Kelly Flinn, US Air Force’s first female bomber pilot certified for combat, accepts a general discharge in order to avoid a court martial.
- 2002American civil rights movement: a jury in Birmingham, Alabama, convicts former Ku Klux Klan member Bobby Frank Cherry of the 1963 murders of four girls in the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church.
Who were born on May 22?
- 1901Maurice J. Tobin, 56th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1953)
- 1907Sir Laurence Olivier, English stage and screen actor (d. 1989)
- 1930Kenny Ball, British musician
- 1942Calvin Simon, American musician (P Funk)
- 1956Natasha Shneider, Russian-born musician (d. 2008)
- 1962Brian Pillman, American professional wrestler (d. 1997)
- 1964Mark Christopher Lawrence, American Actor & Standup Comedian
- 1972Anna Belknap, American actress
- 1977Seán Óg Ó hAilpín, Irish hurler
- 1982Alex Smith, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.