May 22: Day of the Week
May 22, 2019 was the 142nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 223 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Esther’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1377Pope Gregory XI issues five papal bulls to denounce the doctrines of English theologian John Wycliffe.
- 1807A grand jury indicts former Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr on a charge of treason.
- 1807Most of the English town of Chudleigh is destroyed by fire
- 1816A mob in Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England, riots over high unemployment and rising grain costs; the rioting spreads to Ely the next day.
- 1844Persian Prophet The Báb announces his revelation, founding Bábism. He announces to the world the coming of “He whom God shall make manifest”. He is considered the forerunner of Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith.
- 1942Mexico enters World War II on the side of the Allies.
- 1964U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces the goals of his Great Society social reforms to bring an “end to poverty and racial injustice” in America.
- 1980Namco releases the highly influential arcade game Pac-Man.
- 2010Air India Express Flight 812 overshoots the runway and crashes. 158 people are killed.
- 2011An EF5 Tornado strikes the US city of Joplin, Missouri killing up to 161 people. It is the single deadliest US tornado since modern record keeping began in 1950.
Who were born on May 22?
- 1808Gérard de Nerval, French writer (d. 1855)
- 1917Georg Tintner, Austrian-born conductor (d. 1999)
- 1930Harvey Milk, American politician and civil rights activist (d. 1978)
- 1934Arne Harris, American television sports director (d. 2001)
- 1943Betty Williams, Northern Irish political activist, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1973Nikolaj Lie Kaas, Danish actor
- 1977Vinnie Potestivo, American TV producer
- 1980Steven Baker, Australian Australian rules footballer
- 1981Melissa Gregory, American figure skater
- 1988Pape M'Bow, Senegalese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.