May 22: Day of the Week
May 22, 2018 was the 142nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 223 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1254Serbian King Stephen Uroš I and the Republic of Venice sign a peace treaty.
- 1809On the second and last day of the Battle of Aspern-Essling (near Vienna), Napoleon is repelled by an enemy army for the first time.
- 1844Persian Prophet The Báb announces his revelation, founding Bábism. He announces to the world the coming of “He whom God shall make manifest”. He is considered the forerunner of Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith.
- 1848Slavery is abolished in Martinique.
- 1906The Wright brothers are granted U.S. patent number 821,393 for their “Flying-Machine”.
- 1980Namco releases the highly influential arcade game Pac-Man.
- 1990Microsoft releases the Windows 3.0 operating system.
- 1990North and South Yemen are unified to create the Republic of Yemen.
- 2004The U.S. town of Hallam, Nebraska, is wiped out by a powerful F4 tornado (part of the May 2004 tornado outbreak sequence) that broke a width record at an astounding 2.5 mi wide, which kills one resident.
- 2010Air India Express Flight 812 overshoots the runway and crashes. 158 people are killed.
Who were born on May 22?
- 1770Princess Elizabeth of the United Kingdom (d. 1840)
- 1924Charles Aznavour, Armenian-French singer, actor, and composer
- 1932Merry Anders, American actress
- 1938Susan Strasberg, American actress (d. 1999)
- 1942Barbara Parkins, Canadian actress
- 1942Calvin Simon, American musician (P Funk)
- 1944Vaiko, Indian politician
- 1957Lisa Murkowski, American politician
- 1968Kevin Carolan, American actor and comedian
- 1972Alison Eastwood, American actress and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.