May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2020 is the 124th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Shirley’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1491Kongo monarch Nkuwu Nzinga is baptised by Portuguese missionaries, adopting the baptismal name of João I.
- 1860Charles XV of Sweden-Norway is crowned king of Sweden.
- 1901The Great Fire of 1901 begins in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 1915The poem In Flanders Fields is written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae.
- 1920A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
- 1951London’s Royal Festival Hall opens with the Festival of Britain
- 1963The police force in Birmingham, Alabama switches tactics and responds with violent force to stop the “Birmingham campaign” protesters. Images of the violent suppression are transmitted worldwide, bringing newfound attention to the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
- 1986Twenty-one people are killed and forty-one are injured after a bomb explodes in an airliner (Flight UL512) at Colombo airport in Sri Lanka.
- 1987A crash by Bobby Allison at the Talladega Superspeedway, Alabama fencing at the start-finish line would lead NASCAR to develop restrictor plate racing the following season both at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega.
- 2000The sport of geocaching begins, with the first cache placed and the coordinates from a GPS posted on Usenet.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1713Alexis Claude de Clairaut, French mathematician (d. 1765)
- 1761August von Kotzebue, German dramatist (d. 1819)
- 1901Gino Cervi, Italian actor (d. 1974)
- 1915Stu Hart, Canadian professional wrestler and trainer (d. 2003)
- 1946Greg Gumbel, American broadcaster
- 1958Kevin Kilner, American actor
- 1966Darren Morgan, Welsh snooker player
- 1966Giorgos Agorogiannis, Greek footballer
- 1979Steve Mack, American professional wrestler
- 1980Jaycee Dugard, American kindnapping victim
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.