May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2022 is the 123rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cole’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1802Washington, D.C. is incorporated as a city.
- 1815Neapolitan War: Joachim Murat, King of Naples is defeated by the Austrians at the Battle of Tolentino, the decisive engagement of the war.
- 1830The Canterbury and Whitstable Railway is opened. It is the first steam hauled passenger railway to issue season tickets and include a tunnel.
- 1901The Great Fire of 1901 begins in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 1936Joe DiMaggio, familiarly referred to as Joltin' Joe and The Yankee Clipper makes his major league debut for the New York Yankees.
- 1937Gone with the Wind, a novel by Margaret Mitchell, wins the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
- 1939The All India Forward Bloc is formed by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- 1951The United States Senate Armed Services and Foreign Relations Committees begin their closed door hearings into the dismissal of General Douglas MacArthur by U.S. President Harry Truman.
- 1957Walter O'Malley, the owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, agrees to move the team from Brooklyn, New York, to Los Angeles, California.
- 1960The Off-Broadway musical comedy, The Fantasticks, opens in New York City’s Greenwich Village, eventually becoming the longest-running musical of all time.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1859Andy Adams, American author (d. 1935)
- 1874François Coty, French perfume manufacturer (d. 1934)
- 1891Tadeusz Peiper, Polish poet (d. 1969)
- 1906Anna Roosevelt Halsted, American radio personality, daughter of Franklin Delano Roosevelt (d. 1975)
- 1922Len Shackleton, English former footballer (d. 2000)
- 1949Ken Hom, Chinese American chef
- 1958Susanna Kwan, Hong Kong singer
- 1959David Ball, English musician (Soft Cell)
- 1966Darren Morgan, Welsh snooker player
- 1975Christina Hendricks, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.