May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2018 was the 123rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1808Finnish War: Sweden loses the fortress of Sveaborg to Russia.
- 1808Peninsular War: The Madrid rebels who rose up on May 2 are executed near Príncipe Pío hill.
- 1815Neapolitan War: Joachim Murat, King of Naples is defeated by the Austrians at the Battle of Tolentino, the decisive engagement of the war.
- 1860Charles XV of Sweden-Norway is crowned king of Sweden.
- 1877Labatt Park, the oldest continually operating baseball grounds in the world has its first game.
- 1920A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
- 1942World War II: Japanese naval troops invade Tulagi Island in the Solomon Islands during the first part of Operation Mo that results in the Battle of the Coral Sea between Japanese forces and forces from the United States and Australia.
- 1945World War II: Sinking of the prison ships Cap Arcona, Thielbek and Deutschland by the Royal Air Force in Lübeck Bay.
- 1960The Off-Broadway musical comedy, The Fantasticks, opens in New York City’s Greenwich Village, eventually becoming the longest-running musical of all time.
- 1987A crash by Bobby Allison at the Talladega Superspeedway, Alabama fencing at the start-finish line would lead NASCAR to develop restrictor plate racing the following season both at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1469Niccolò Machiavelli, Italian historian and political author (d. 1527)
- 1860John Scott Haldane, Scottish physiologist (d. 1936)
- 1877Karl Abraham, German psychoanalyst (d. 1925)
- 1903Bing Crosby, American singer and actor (d. 1977)
- 1905Werner Fenchel, German mathematician (d. 1988)
- 1907Dorothy Young, American entertainer (d. 2011)
- 1920John Lewis, American jazz pianist and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 2001)
- 1952Caitlin Clarke. American actress (d. 2004)
- 1966Peter Abbay, American actor
- 1973Brad Martin, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.