May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2021 is the 123rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PGEPIIMPI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters PGEPIIMPI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1791The Constitution of May 3 (the first modern constitution in Europe) is proclaimed by the Sejm of Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- 1830The Canterbury and Whitstable Railway is opened. It is the first steam hauled passenger railway to issue season tickets and include a tunnel.
- 1837The University of Athens is founded in Athens, Greece.
- 1867The Hudson’s Bay Company gives up all claims to Vancouver Island.
- 1877Labatt Park, the oldest continually operating baseball grounds in the world has its first game.
- 1945World War II: Sinking of the prison ships Cap Arcona, Thielbek and Deutschland by the Royal Air Force in Lübeck Bay.
- 1957Walter O'Malley, the owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, agrees to move the team from Brooklyn, New York, to Los Angeles, California.
- 1963The police force in Birmingham, Alabama switches tactics and responds with violent force to stop the “Birmingham campaign” protesters. Images of the violent suppression are transmitted worldwide, bringing newfound attention to the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
- 1999The southwestern portion of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is devastated by an F5 tornado killing forty-five people, injuring 665, and causing $1 billion in damage. The tornado is one of 66 from the 1999 Oklahoma tornado outbreak. This is the strongest tornado ever recorded with wind speeds of up to 318 mph.
- 2000The sport of geocaching begins, with the first cache placed and the coordinates from a GPS posted on Usenet.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1886Marcel Dupré, French organist and composer (d. 1971)
- 1910Norman Corwin, American radio pioneer
- 1918Ted Bates, English former footballer (d. 2003)
- 1919Pete Seeger, American singer
- 1923George Hadjinikos, Greek pianist and conductor
- 1924Yehuda Amichai, Israeli poet (d. 2000)
- 1945Davey Lopes, American baseball player and coach
- 1951Tatyana Tolstaya, Russian writer
- 1974Peter Everitt, Australian football player
- 1982Igor Olshansky, Ukrainian-born American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.