May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2019 is the 123rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1491Kongo monarch Nkuwu Nzinga is baptised by Portuguese missionaries, adopting the baptismal name of João I.
- 1791The Constitution of May 3 (the first modern constitution in Europe) is proclaimed by the Sejm of Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- 1808Peninsular War: The Madrid rebels who rose up on May 2 are executed near Príncipe Pío hill.
- 1849The May Uprising in Dresden begins – the last of the German revolutions of 1848.
- 1901The Great Fire of 1901 begins in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 1937Gone with the Wind, a novel by Margaret Mitchell, wins the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
- 1939The All India Forward Bloc is formed by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- 1952The Kentucky Derby is televised nationally for the first time on the CBS network.
- 1957Walter O'Malley, the owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, agrees to move the team from Brooklyn, New York, to Los Angeles, California.
- 1973The 108-story Sears Tower in Chicago is topped out at 1.451 feet as the world’s tallest building.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1446Margaret of York, wife of Charles I, Duke of Burgundy (d. 1503)
- 1861Emmett Dalton, American outlaw (d. 1937)
- 1887Marika Kotopouli, Greek actress (d. 1954)
- 1895Cornelius Van Til, philosopher and Christian apologist (d. 1987)
- 1915Stu Hart, Canadian professional wrestler and trainer (d. 2003)
- 1921Sugar Ray Robinson, American boxer (d. 1989)
- 1922Len Shackleton, English former footballer (d. 2000)
- 1924Yehuda Amichai, Israeli poet (d. 2000)
- 1952Chuck Baldwin, American political figure
- 1972Shonie Carter, American MMA fighter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.