May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2021 is the 123rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UHAABSUF? Check your answers here: Word solver UHAABSUF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1808Peninsular War: The Madrid rebels who rose up on May 2 are executed near Príncipe Pío hill.
- 1830The Canterbury and Whitstable Railway is opened. It is the first steam hauled passenger railway to issue season tickets and include a tunnel.
- 1913Raja Harishchandra the first full-length Indian feature film is released, marking the beginning of the Indian film industry.
- 1915The poem In Flanders Fields is written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae.
- 1928Japanese atrocities in Jinan, China.
- 1942World War II: Japanese naval troops invade Tulagi Island in the Solomon Islands during the first part of Operation Mo that results in the Battle of the Coral Sea between Japanese forces and forces from the United States and Australia.
- 1948The U.S. Supreme Court rules, in Shelley v. Kraemer, that covenants prohibiting the sale of real estate to blacks and other minorities are legally unenforceable.
- 1952Lieutenant Colonels Joseph O. Fletcher and William P. Benedict of the United States land a plane at the North Pole.
- 1952The Kentucky Derby is televised nationally for the first time on the CBS network.
- 1960The Off-Broadway musical comedy, The Fantasticks, opens in New York City’s Greenwich Village, eventually becoming the longest-running musical of all time.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1446Margaret of York, wife of Charles I, Duke of Burgundy (d. 1503)
- 1860John Scott Haldane, Scottish physiologist (d. 1936)
- 1867J.T. Hearne, English cricketer (d. 1944)
- 1940Konrad “Conny” Plank, German record producer and musician
- 1949Ken Hom, Chinese American chef
- 1958Sandi Toksvig, Danish born writer, broadcaster and comedian
- 1959Uma Bharati, Indian politician
- 1972Shonie Carter, American MMA fighter
- 1977Mashima Hiro, Japanese manga artist of Rave Master and Fairy Tail
- 1977Ryan Dempster, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.