May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2021 was the 123rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NEFINFYO? Check your answers here: Word solver NEFINFYO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1791The Constitution of May 3 (the first modern constitution in Europe) is proclaimed by the Sejm of Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- 1837The University of Athens is founded in Athens, Greece.
- 1849The May Uprising in Dresden begins – the last of the German revolutions of 1848.
- 1877Labatt Park, the oldest continually operating baseball grounds in the world has its first game.
- 1913Raja Harishchandra the first full-length Indian feature film is released, marking the beginning of the Indian film industry.
- 1947New post-war Japanese constitution goes into effect.
- 1951London’s Royal Festival Hall opens with the Festival of Britain
- 1952Lieutenant Colonels Joseph O. Fletcher and William P. Benedict of the United States land a plane at the North Pole.
- 1986Twenty-one people are killed and forty-one are injured after a bomb explodes in an airliner (Flight UL512) at Colombo airport in Sri Lanka.
- 2001The United States loses its seat on the U.N. Human Rights Commission for the first time since the commission was formed in 1947.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1874François Coty, French perfume manufacturer (d. 1934)
- 1898Septima Poinsette Clark, American educator and civil rights activist (d. 1987)
- 1918Ted Bates, English former footballer (d. 2003)
- 1919Pete Seeger, American singer
- 1938Omar Abdel-Rahman, Egyptian Islamist terrorist
- 1958Susanna Kwan, Hong Kong singer
- 1960Amy Steel, American actress
- 1962Anders Graneheim, Swedish bodybuilder
- 1973Brad Martin, American musician
- 1979Steve Mack, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.