May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2022 was the 123rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VEYDVIAUE? Check your answers here: Word solver VEYDVIAUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1802Washington, D.C. is incorporated as a city.
- 1815Neapolitan War: Joachim Murat, King of Naples is defeated by the Austrians at the Battle of Tolentino, the decisive engagement of the war.
- 1830The Canterbury and Whitstable Railway is opened. It is the first steam hauled passenger railway to issue season tickets and include a tunnel.
- 1860Charles XV of Sweden-Norway is crowned king of Sweden.
- 1915The poem In Flanders Fields is written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae.
- 1937Gone with the Wind, a novel by Margaret Mitchell, wins the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
- 1951London’s Royal Festival Hall opens with the Festival of Britain
- 1960The Anne Frank House opens in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 1973The 108-story Sears Tower in Chicago is topped out at 1.451 feet as the world’s tallest building.
- 1986Twenty-one people are killed and forty-one are injured after a bomb explodes in an airliner (Flight UL512) at Colombo airport in Sri Lanka.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1849Jacob August Riis, American journalist (d. 1914)
- 1892Jacob Viner, Canadian economist (d. 1970)
- 1945Davey Lopes, American baseball player and coach
- 1946Silvino Francisco, South African snooker player
- 1955David Hookes, Australian cricketer (d. 2004)
- 1957Rod Langway, American ice hockey player
- 1965John Jensen, Danish footballer
- 1975Dulé Hill, American actor
- 1976Jeff Halpern, American ice hockey player
- 1983Romeo Castelen, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.