May 3: Day of the Week
May 3, 2019 is the 123rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 242 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1808Finnish War: Sweden loses the fortress of Sveaborg to Russia.
- 1913Raja Harishchandra the first full-length Indian feature film is released, marking the beginning of the Indian film industry.
- 1915The poem In Flanders Fields is written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae.
- 1921West Virginia becomes the first state to legislate a broad sales tax, but does not implement it until a number of years later due to issues surrounding its enforcement.
- 1928Japanese atrocities in Jinan, China.
- 1939The All India Forward Bloc is formed by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- 1951The United States Senate Armed Services and Foreign Relations Committees begin their closed door hearings into the dismissal of General Douglas MacArthur by U.S. President Harry Truman.
- 1960The Off-Broadway musical comedy, The Fantasticks, opens in New York City’s Greenwich Village, eventually becoming the longest-running musical of all time.
- 1973The 108-story Sears Tower in Chicago is topped out at 1.451 feet as the world’s tallest building.
- 2000The sport of geocaching begins, with the first cache placed and the coordinates from a GPS posted on Usenet.
Who were born on May 3?
- 1893Konstantine Gamsakhurdia, Georgian writer and public benefactor (d. 1975)
- 1902Alfred Kastler, French physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1984)
- 1919John Cullen Murphy, American comic strip artist (d. 2004)
- 1919Pete Seeger, American singer
- 1934Henry Cooper, English boxer (d. 2011)
- 1938Omar Abdel-Rahman, Egyptian Islamist terrorist
- 1951Tatyana Tolstaya, Russian writer
- 1960Amy Steel, American actress
- 1975Maksim Mrvica, Croatian pianist
- 1977Tyronn Lue, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.