May 30: Day of the Week
May 30, 2023 is the 150th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 215 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OVESEPIGG? Check your answers here: Word solver OVESEPIGG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1416The Council of Constance, called by the Emperor Sigismund, a supporter of Antipope John XXIII, burns Jerome of Prague following a trial for heresy.
- 1434Hussite Wars (Bohemian Wars): Battle of Lipany – effectively ending the war, Utraquist forces led by Diviš Bořek of Miletínek defeat and almost annihilate Taborite forces led by Prokop the Great.
- 1539In Florida, Hernando de Soto lands at Tampa Bay with 600 soldiers with the goal of finding gold.
- 1635Thirty Years’ War: the Peace of Prague (1635) is signed.
- 1642From this date all honors granted by Charles I are retrospectively annulled by Parliament.
- 1868Decoration Day (the predecessor of the modern “Memorial Day”) is observed in the United States for the first time (By “Commander-in-chief of the Grand Army of the Republic” John A. Logan’s proclamation on May 5).
- 1871The Paris Commune falls.
- 1966Launch of Surveyor 1 the first US spacecraft to achieve landing on an extraterrestrial body.
- 1972The Angry Brigade goes on trial over a series of 25 bombings throughout the United Kingdom.
- 1989Tiananmen Square protests of 1989: the 33-foot high “Goddess of Democracy” statue is unveiled in Tiananmen Square by student demonstrators.
Who were born on May 30?
- 1010Emperor Renzong of China (d. 1063)
- 1719Roger Newdigate, English politician (d. 1806)
- 1882Wyndham Halswelle, Scottish runner (d. 1915)
- 1912Joseph Stein, American playwright (d. 2010)
- 1926Christine Jorgensen, American transsexual activist (d. 1989)
- 1944Stav Prodromou, American technology executive
- 1949Klaüs Flouride (né Geoffrey Lyall), American musician (Dead Kennedys)
- 1962Tonya Pinkins, American actress
- 1969Naomi Kawase, Japanese film director
- 1981Gianmaria Bruni, Italian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.