May 30: Day of the Week
May 30, 2020 was the 151st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 215 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UMIEBBLAJ? Check your answers here: Word search UMIEBBLAJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1434Hussite Wars (Bohemian Wars): Battle of Lipany – effectively ending the war, Utraquist forces led by Diviš Bořek of Miletínek defeat and almost annihilate Taborite forces led by Prokop the Great.
- 1539In Florida, Hernando de Soto lands at Tampa Bay with 600 soldiers with the goal of finding gold.
- 1574Henry III becomes King of France.
- 1631Publication of La Gazette, first French newspaper.
- 1859Westminster’s Big Ben rang for the first time in London.
- 1876Ottoman sultan Abd-ul-Aziz is deposed and succeeded by his nephew Murat V.
- 1913First Balkan War: the Treaty of London, 1913 is signed ending the war. Albania becomes an independent nation.
- 1914The new and then largest Cunard ocean liner RMS Aquitania, 45,647 tons, sets sails on her maiden voyage from Liverpool, England to New York City.
- 1966Former Congolese Prime Minister Evariste Kimba and several other politicians are publicly executed in Kinshasa on the orders of President Joseph Mobutu.
- 2003Depayin massacre: at least 70 people associated with the National League for Democracy are killed by government-sponsored mob in Burma. Aung San Suu Kyi fled the scene, but is arrested soon afterwards.
Who were born on May 30?
- 1845King Amadeo I of Spain (d. 1890)
- 1858Siegfried Alkan, German composer (d. 1941)
- 1875Giovanni Gentile, Italian philosopher (d. 1944)
- 1882Wyndham Halswelle, Scottish runner (d. 1915)
- 1928Kevin Charles “Pro” Hart, Australian artist (d. 2006)
- 1959Phil Brown, English football manager (Hull City)
- 1963Élise Lucet, French journalist and television host
- 1981Ahmad Elrich, Australian footballer
- 1981Blake Bashoff, American actor
- 1981Hisanori Takada, Japanese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.