May 30: Day of the Week
May 30, 2022 is the 150th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 215 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EPAIWOT? Check your answers here: Word scramble EPAIWOT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1416The Council of Constance, called by the Emperor Sigismund, a supporter of Antipope John XXIII, burns Jerome of Prague following a trial for heresy.
- 1539In Florida, Hernando de Soto lands at Tampa Bay with 600 soldiers with the goal of finding gold.
- 1574Henry III becomes King of France.
- 1642From this date all honors granted by Charles I are retrospectively annulled by Parliament.
- 1832End of the Hambach Festival in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- 1834Joaquim António de Aguiar issue a law extinguishing “all convents, monasteries, colleges, hospices and any other houses of the regular religious orders”, earning him the nickname of “The Friar-Killer”.
- 1859Westminster’s Big Ben rang for the first time in London.
- 1868Decoration Day (the predecessor of the modern “Memorial Day”) is observed in the United States for the first time (By “Commander-in-chief of the Grand Army of the Republic” John A. Logan’s proclamation on May 5).
- 1913First Balkan War: the Treaty of London, 1913 is signed ending the war. Albania becomes an independent nation.
- 2003Depayin massacre: at least 70 people associated with the National League for Democracy are killed by government-sponsored mob in Burma. Aung San Suu Kyi fled the scene, but is arrested soon afterwards.
Who were born on May 30?
- 1800Henri-Marie-Gaston Boisnormand de Bonnechose French archbishop of Rouen and senator (d. 1883)
- 1890Roger Salengro, French politician (d. 1936)
- 1895Maurice Tate, English cricketer (d. 1956)
- 1910Inge Meysel, German actress (d. 2004)
- 1912Joseph Stein, American playwright (d. 2010)
- 1930Robert Ryman, American painter
- 1939Dieter Quester, Austrian racing driver
- 1958Michael Lopez-Alegria, Spanish American astronaut
- 1971Idina Menzel, American actress and singer
- 1982James Simpson-Daniel, English rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.