May 6: Day of the Week
May 6, 2019 was the 126th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 239 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
May 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1527Spanish and German troops sack Rome; some consider this the end of the Renaissance. 147 Swiss Guards, including their commander, die fighting the forces of Charles V in order to allow Pope Clement VII to escape into Castel Sant'Angelo.
- 1542Francis Xavier reaches Old Goa, the capital of Portuguese India at the time.
- 1757Battle of Prague – A Prussian army fights an Austrian army in Prague during the Seven Years’ War.
- 1863American Civil War: The Battle of Chancellorsville ends with the defeat of the Army of the Potomac by Confederate troops.
- 1877Chief Crazy Horse of the Oglala Sioux surrenders to United States troops in Nebraska.
- 1935The first flight of the Curtiss P-36 Hawk.
- 1941The first flight of the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.
- 1945World War II: Axis Sally delivers her last propaganda broadcast to Allied troops.
- 1994Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and French President François Mitterrand officiate at the opening of the Channel Tunnel.
- 1999First elections to the devolved Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly held.
Who were born on May 6?
- 1501Pope Marcellus II (d. 1555)
- 1856Robert Peary, American explorer (d. 1920)
- 1868Gaston Leroux, French writer (d. 1927)
- 1913Carmen Cavallaro, American pianist (d. 1989)
- 1920Martha Beck, American convicted murderer (d. 1951)
- 1938Larry Gogan, Irish radio personality
- 1953Lynn Whitfield, American actress
- 1961Gina Riley, Australian actress, writer, singer and comedian
- 1981Edyta Śliwińska, Polish dancer
- 1987Moon Geun Young, South Korean actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.