May 7: Day of the Week
May 7, 2020 was the 128th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 238 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SMORJUEDHNW? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters SMORJUEDHNW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 7 Historical Event(s)
- 558In Constantinople, the dome of the Hagia Sophia collapses. Justinian I immediately orders that the dome be rebuilt.
- 1274In France, the Second Council of Lyons opens to regulate the election of the Pope.
- 1718The city of New Orleans is founded by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: The German Condor Legion, equipped with Heinkel He 51 biplanes, arrives in Spain to assist Francisco Franco’s forces.
- 1946Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering (later renamed Sony) is founded with around 20 employees.
- 1954Indochina War: The Battle of Dien Bien Phu ends in a French defeat (the battle began on March 13).
- 1960Cold War: U-2 Crisis of 1960 – Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev announces that his nation is holding American U-2 pilot Gary Powers.
- 2000Vladimir Putin is inaugurated president of Russia
- 2004American businessman Nick Berg is beheaded by Islamic militants. The act is recorded on videotape and released on the Internet.
- 2007Israeli archaeologists discover the tomb of Herod the Great south of Jerusalem.
Who were born on May 7?
- 1643Stephanus Van Cortlandt, American politician (d. 1700)
- 1700Gerard van Swieten, Dutch-born physician (d. 1772)
- 1885George ‘Gabby’Hayes, American actor (d. 1969)
- 1914Sir Arthur Snelling, British Ambassador (d. 1996)
- 1919La Esterella, Flemish singer (d. 2011)
- 1924Albert Band, American film director (d. 2002)
- 1964Ronnie Harmon, American football player
- 1969Eagle-Eye Cherry, Swedish musician
- 1973Paolo Savoldelli, Italian cyclist
- 1980Kate Lawler, English reality television personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.