May 7: Day of the Week
May 7, 2019 was the 127th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 238 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
May 7 Historical Event(s)
- 351The Jewish revolt against Gallus breaks out. After his arrival at Antioch, the Jews begin a rebellion in Palestine.
- 1348Charles University in Prague (Universitas Carolina/Univerzita Karlova) is established as the first university in Central Europe.
- 1824World premiere of Ludwig van Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony in Vienna, Austria. The performance is conducted by Michael Umlauf under the composer’s supervision.
- 1847The American Medical Association is founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1864American Civil War: The Army of the Potomac, under General Ulysses S. Grant, breaks off from the Battle of the Wilderness and moves southwards.
- 1920The Art Gallery of Ontario, in Toronto, opens the first exhibition by the Group of Seven.
- 1948The Council of Europe is founded during the Hague Congress.
- 1954Indochina War: The Battle of Dien Bien Phu ends in a French defeat (the battle began on March 13).
- 1974West German Chancellor Willy Brandt resigns.
- 1986Canadian Patrick Morrow became the first person to climb each of the Seven Summits.
Who were born on May 7?
- 1530Louis I de Bourbon, Prince de Condé, French Huguenot general (d. 1569)
- 1711David Hume, Scottish philosopher and historian (d. 1776)
- 1911Ishirō Honda, Japanese film director (d. 1993)
- 1922Darren McGavin, American actor (d. 2006)
- 1940Angela Carter, English novelist and journalist (d. 1992)
- 1940Jim Connors, American radio personality (d. 1987)
- 1946Marv Hubbard, American football player
- 1955Ben Poquette, American basketball player
- 1965Norman Whiteside, Northern Irish footballer
- 1978Stephanie Pohl, German beach volleyball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.