November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2020 is the 306th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sally’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1611William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1805Napoleon Bonaparte invades Austria during the War of the Third Coalition.
- 1861American Civil War: US President Abraham Lincoln appoints George B. McClellan as the commander of the Union Army, replacing General Winfield Scott.
- 1897The first Library of Congress building opened its doors to the public. The Library had been housed in the Congressional Reading Room in the U.S. Capitol.
- 1939The first rabbit born after artificial insemination is exhibited to the world.
- 1945The official North Korean newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, is first published under the name Chongro.
- 1948Athenagoras I, Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is enthroned.
- 1950Pope Pius XII claims Papal Infallibility when he formally defines the dogma of the Assumption of Mary.
- 1953Andhra Pradesh attained statehood on 1 November 1953, with Kurnool as its capital.
- 1981Antigua and Barbuda gain independence from the United Kingdom.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1864Grand Duchess Elizabeth Fyodorovna (d. 1918)
- 1898Arthur Legat, Belgian racing driver (d. 1960)
- 1943John McEnery, English actor
- 1948Phil Myre, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1967Carla van de Puttelaar, Dutch photographer
- 1972Toni Collette, Australian actress
- 1973Aishwarya Rai, Indian actress and Miss World, 1994
- 1983Matt Moulson, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1987Ileana D'Cruz, Indian film actress
- 1988Masahiro Tanaka, Japanese baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.