November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2020 is the 306th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ENTZKAUTIBCAS? Check your answers here: Word scramble ENTZKAUTIBCAS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1611William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1612(22 October O.S.) Time of Troubles in Russia: Moscow, Kitai-gorod, is captured by Russian troops under command of Dmitry Pozharsky
- 1805Napoleon Bonaparte invades Austria during the War of the Third Coalition.
- 1918Western Ukraine gains its independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- 1920American Fishing Schooner Esperanto defeats the Canadian Fishing Schooner Delawana in the First International Fishing Schooner Championship Races in Halifax.
- 1922The last sultan of the Ottoman Empire, Mehmed VI, abdicates.
- 1928The Law on the Adoption and Implementation of the Turkish Alphabet, replacing the version of the Arabic alphabet previously used, comes into force in Turkey.
- 1937Stalinists execute Pastor Paul Hamberg and seven members of Azerbaijan’s Lutheran community.
- 1938Seabiscuit defeats War Admiral in an upset victory during a match race deemed “the match of the century” in horse racing.
- 1951Operation Buster-Jangle: 6,500 American soldiers are exposed to ‘Desert Rock’atomic explosions for training purposes in Nevada. Participation is not voluntary.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1539Pierre Pithou, French lawyer and scholar (d. 1596)
- 1757Antonio Canova, Italian artist (d. 1822)
- 1921John W. Peterson, American songwriter (d. 2006)
- 1931Shunsuke Kikuchi, Japanese composer
- 1934Gillian Knight, English mezzo-soprano
- 1943John McEnery, English actor
- 1950Robert B. Laughlin, American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1959Eriko Hara, Japanese voice actress
- 1972Sean Roberge, Canadian actor (d. 1996)
- 1984Natalia Tena, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.