November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2022 is the 305th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QMOXOUUV? Check your answers here: Word scramble QMOXOUUV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1555French Huguenots establish the France Antarctique colony in present-day Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 1604William Shakespeare’s tragedy Othello is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1611William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1790Edmund Burke publishes Reflections on the Revolution in France, in which he predicts that the French Revolution will end in a disaster.
- 1876New Zealand’s provincial government system is dissolved.
- 1886Ananda College, a leading Buddhist school in Sri Lanka is established with 37 students.
- 1945The official North Korean newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, is first published under the name Chongro.
- 1956In India, Kanyakumari district was joined to Tamilnadu state from Kerala.
- 1968The Motion Picture Association of America’s film rating system is officially introduced, originating with the ratings G, M, R, and X.
- 1973The Indian state of Mysore is renamed as Karnataka to represent all the regions within Karunadu.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1878Carlos Saavedra Lamas, Argentine politician, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1959)
- 1887L. S. Lowry, British painter (d. 1976)
- 1889Hannah Höch, German Dada artist (d. 1978)
- 1926Betsy Palmer, American actress
- 1936Eddie Colman, English footballer (d. 1958)
- 1936Shizuka Kamei, Japanese politician
- 1942Ralph Klein, Canadian politician
- 1964Daran Norris, American actor
- 1966Mary Hansen, Australian musician (Stereolab) (d. 2002)
- 1997Alex Wolff, American singer and actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.