November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2019 is the 305th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1179Philip II is crowned King of France.
- 1790Edmund Burke publishes Reflections on the Revolution in France, in which he predicts that the French Revolution will end in a disaster.
- 1870In the United States, the Weather Bureau (later renamed the National Weather Service) makes its first official meteorological forecast.
- 1896A picture showing the unclad (bare) breasts of a woman appears in National Geographic magazine for the first time.
- 1938Seabiscuit defeats War Admiral in an upset victory during a match race deemed “the match of the century” in horse racing.
- 1939The first rabbit born after artificial insemination is exhibited to the world.
- 1950Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
- 1952Operation Ivy – The United States successfully detonates the first large hydrogen bomb, codenamed “Mike” [“M” for megaton], in the Eniwetok atoll, located in the Marshall Islands in the central Pacific Ocean. The explosion had a yield of 10 megatons.
- 1956In India, Kanyakumari district was joined to Tamilnadu state from Kerala.
- 1973Watergate Scandal: Leon Jaworski is appointed as the new Watergate Special Prosecutor.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1643John Strype, English historian and biographer (d. 1737)
- 1847Emma Albani, Canadian soprano (d. 1930)
- 1860Boies Penrose, American politician (d. 1921)
- 1862Johan Wagenaar, Dutch composer and organist (d. 1941)
- 1931Chosuke Ikariya, Japanese comedian (d. 2004)
- 1940Barry Sadler, American singer (d. 1989)
- 1966Barbara Becker, German actress and model
- 1967Sophie B. Hawkins, American musician
- 1972Paul Dickov, Scottish footballer
- 1983Josh Wicks, American soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.