November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2020 is the 306th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Vivian’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1611William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1765The British Parliament enacts the Stamp Act on the 13 colonies in order to help pay for British military operations in North America.
- 1876New Zealand’s provincial government system is dissolved.
- 1920American Fishing Schooner Esperanto defeats the Canadian Fishing Schooner Delawana in the First International Fishing Schooner Championship Races in Halifax.
- 1948Athenagoras I, Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is enthroned.
- 1950Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
- 1952Operation Ivy – The United States successfully detonates the first large hydrogen bomb, codenamed “Mike” [“M” for megaton], in the Eniwetok atoll, located in the Marshall Islands in the central Pacific Ocean. The explosion had a yield of 10 megatons.
- 1960While campaigning for President of the United States, John F. Kennedy announces his idea of the Peace Corps.
- 1966The New Orleans Saints football team is founded.
- 1973Watergate Scandal: Leon Jaworski is appointed as the new Watergate Special Prosecutor.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1629St. Oliver Plunkett, Irish Catholic martyr (d. 1681)
- 1636Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux, French poet and critic (d. 1711)
- 1778Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden (d. 1837)
- 1808John Taylor, American religious figure (d. 1887)
- 1852Honinbo Shuei, Japanese professional board game player (d. 1907)
- 1871Stephen Crane, American writer (d. 1900)
- 1886Hermann Broch, Austrian author (d. 1951)
- 1932Francis Arinze, Nigerian Roman Catholic prelate
- 1942Marcia Wallace, American actress
- 1965Patrik Ringborg, Swedish conductor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.