November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2019 is the 305th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1520The Strait of Magellan is discovered, the passage immediately south of mainland South America, connecting the Pacific and the Atlantic Oceans, is first navigated by Ferdinand Magellan during the first global circumnavigation voyage.
- 1814Congress of Vienna opens to re-draw the European political map after the defeat of France, in the Napoleonic Wars.
- 1861American Civil War: US President Abraham Lincoln appoints George B. McClellan as the commander of the Union Army, replacing General Winfield Scott.
- 1884The Gaelic Athletic Association is set up in Hayes’s Hotel in Thurles, County Tipperary.
- 1937Stalinists execute Pastor Paul Hamberg and seven members of Azerbaijan’s Lutheran community.
- 1939The first rabbit born after artificial insemination is exhibited to the world.
- 1941American photographer Ansel Adams takes a picture of a moonrise over the town of Hernandez, New Mexico that would become one of the most famous images in the history of photography.
- 1943World War II: Battle of Empress Augusta Bay, United States Marines, the 3rd Marine Division, land on Bougainville in the Solomon Islands.
- 1954The Front de Libération Nationale fires the first shots of the Algerian War of Independence.
- 1970Club Cinq-Sept fire in Saint-Laurent-du-Pont, France kills 146 young people.
Who were born on November 1?
- 846Louis the Stammerer, King of West Francia (d. 879)
- 1530Étienne de La Boétie, French judge and writer (d. 1563)
- 1585Jan Brożek, Polish mathematician, physician, and astronomer (d. 1652)
- 1778Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden (d. 1837)
- 1859Charles Brantley Aycock, 50th Governor of the U.S. state of North Carolina (d. 1912)
- 1881Edward Van Sloan, American actor (d. 1964)
- 1930A. R. Gurney, American playwright
- 1934Umberto Agnelli, Italian automobile executive (d. 2004)
- 1962Sharron Davies, British swimmer
- 1976Logan Marshall-Green, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.