November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2019 is the 305th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1612(22 October O.S.) Time of Troubles in Russia: Moscow, Kitai-gorod, is captured by Russian troops under command of Dmitry Pozharsky
- 1683The British crown colony of New York is subdivided into 12 counties.
- 1800US President John Adams becomes the first President of the United States to live in the Executive Mansion (later renamed the White House).
- 1870In the United States, the Weather Bureau (later renamed the National Weather Service) makes its first official meteorological forecast.
- 1916Paul Miliukov delivers in the State Duma the famous “stupidity or treason” speech, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Stürmer government.
- 1941American photographer Ansel Adams takes a picture of a moonrise over the town of Hernandez, New Mexico that would become one of the most famous images in the history of photography.
- 1943World War II: In support of the landings on Bougainville, U.S. aircraft carrier forces attack the huge Japanese base at Rabaul.
- 1951Operation Buster-Jangle: 6,500 American soldiers are exposed to ‘Desert Rock’atomic explosions for training purposes in Nevada. Participation is not voluntary.
- 1957The Mackinac Bridge, the world’s longest suspension bridge between anchorages at the time, opens to traffic connecting Michigan’s upper and lower peninsulas.
- 1966The New Orleans Saints football team is founded.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1526Queen Catherine Jagellonica of Poland (d. 1583)
- 1859Charles Brantley Aycock, 50th Governor of the U.S. state of North Carolina (d. 1912)
- 1872Louis Dewis, Belgian artist (d. 1946)
- 1902Nordahl Grieg, Norwegian lyric poet (d. 1943)
- 1903Edward Greeves, Australian rules footballer (d. 1963)
- 1936Katsuhisa Hattori, Japanese composer
- 1951Fabrice Luchini, French actor
- 1958Rachel Ticotin, American actress
- 1961Kim Krizan, American screenwriter
- 1978Jessica Valenti, American writer and blogger
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.