November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2019 is the 305th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gabrielle’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1348The anti-royalist Union of Valencia attacks the Jews of Murviedro on the pretext that they are serfs of the King of Valencia and thus “royalists.”
- 1555French Huguenots establish the France Antarctique colony in present-day Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 1611William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1897The first Library of Congress building opened its doors to the public. The Library had been housed in the Congressional Reading Room in the U.S. Capitol.
- 1916Paul Miliukov delivers in the State Duma the famous “stupidity or treason” speech, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Stürmer government.
- 1918Malbone Street Wreck: the worst rapid transit accident in US history occurs under the intersection of Malbone Street and Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, New York City, with at least 93 deaths.
- 1937Stalinists execute Pastor Paul Hamberg and seven members of Azerbaijan’s Lutheran community.
- 1944World War II: Units of the British Army land at Walcheren in the Netherlands.
- 1945The official North Korean newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, is first published under the name Chongro.
- 1973Watergate Scandal: Leon Jaworski is appointed as the new Watergate Special Prosecutor.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1643John Strype, English historian and biographer (d. 1737)
- 1886Hermann Broch, Austrian author (d. 1951)
- 1934William Mathias, British composer (d. 1992)
- 1955Mike Mendoza, British radio personality
- 1958Rachel Ticotin, American actress
- 1960Tim Cook, CEO of Apple Inc.
- 1962Anthony Kiedis, American singer (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- 1983Josh Wicks, American soccer player
- 1983Matt Moulson, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1983Yuko Ogura, Japanese model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.