November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2019 was the 305th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Edwin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1612(22 October O.S.) Time of Troubles in Russia: Moscow, Kitai-gorod, is captured by Russian troops under command of Dmitry Pozharsky
- 1688William III of Orange sets out a second time from Hellevoetsluis in the Netherlands to invade England, Scotland and Ireland from King James II of England during the Glorious Revolution.
- 1765The British Parliament enacts the Stamp Act on the 13 colonies in order to help pay for British military operations in North America.
- 1894Nicholas II becomes the new Tsar of Russia after his father, Alexander III, dies.
- 1918Western Ukraine gains its independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- 1956The Indian states Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, and Mysore state are formally created under the States Reorganisation Act.
- 1968The Motion Picture Association of America’s film rating system is officially introduced, originating with the ratings G, M, R, and X.
- 1973The Indian state of Mysore is renamed as Karnataka to represent all the regions within Karunadu.
- 1982Honda becomes the first Asian automobile company to produce cars in the United States with the opening of their factory in Marysville, Ohio. The Honda Accord is the first car produced there.
- 2000Serbia joins the United Nations.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1720Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de la Motte, French admiral (d. 1791)
- 1852Honinbo Shuei, Japanese professional board game player (d. 1907)
- 1903Edward Greeves, Australian rules footballer (d. 1963)
- 1935Edward Said, Palestinian-born literary critic (d. 2003)
- 1936Eddie Colman, English footballer (d. 1958)
- 1936Shizuka Kamei, Japanese politician
- 1942Larry Flynt, American adult magazine publisher
- 1957Carlos Paião, Portuguese singer (d. 1988)
- 1967Tina Arena, Australian singer
- 1972Jenny McCarthy, American actress and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.