November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2022 is the 305th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PXUZVHAPOW? Check your answers here: Word scramble PXUZVHAPOW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1348The anti-royalist Union of Valencia attacks the Jews of Murviedro on the pretext that they are serfs of the King of Valencia and thus “royalists.”
- 1790Edmund Burke publishes Reflections on the Revolution in France, in which he predicts that the French Revolution will end in a disaster.
- 1814Congress of Vienna opens to re-draw the European political map after the defeat of France, in the Napoleonic Wars.
- 1896A picture showing the unclad (bare) breasts of a woman appears in National Geographic magazine for the first time.
- 1914World War I: the first British Royal Navy defeat of the war with Germany, the Battle of Coronel, is fought off of the western coast of Chile, in the Pacific, with the loss of HMS Good Hope and HMS Monmouth.
- 1916Paul Miliukov delivers in the State Duma the famous “stupidity or treason” speech, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Stürmer government.
- 1922The last sultan of the Ottoman Empire, Mehmed VI, abdicates.
- 1942Matanikau Offensive begins during the Guadalcanal Campaign and ends on November 4.
- 1944World War II: Units of the British Army land at Walcheren in the Netherlands.
- 1945The official North Korean newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, is first published under the name Chongro.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1351Duke Leopold III of Austria (d. 1386)
- 1607Georg Philipp Harsdorffer, German poet (d. 1658)
- 1704Paul Daniel Longolius, German encyclopedist (d. 1779)
- 1852Honinbo Shuei, Japanese professional board game player (d. 1907)
- 1881Perikles Ioannidis, Greek admiral (d. 1965)
- 1886Hermann Broch, Austrian author (d. 1951)
- 1919Hermann Bondi, Anglo-Austrian cosmologist (d. 2005)
- 1963Kenny Alphin, American musician (Big & Rich)
- 1976Logan Marshall-Green, American actor
- 1987Ileana D'Cruz, Indian film actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.