November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2021 is the 305th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JREFTOECIEZ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters JREFTOECIEZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1348The anti-royalist Union of Valencia attacks the Jews of Murviedro on the pretext that they are serfs of the King of Valencia and thus “royalists.”
- 1611William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
- 1683The British crown colony of New York is subdivided into 12 counties.
- 1755Lisbon earthquake: In Portugal, Lisbon is destroyed by a massive earthquake and tsunami, killing between sixty thousand and ninety thousand people.
- 1765The British Parliament enacts the Stamp Act on the 13 colonies in order to help pay for British military operations in North America.
- 1800US President John Adams becomes the first President of the United States to live in the Executive Mansion (later renamed the White House).
- 1950Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
- 1955The bombing of United Airlines Flight 629 occurs near Longmont, Colorado, killing all 39 passengers and five crew members aboard the Douglas DC-6B airliner.
- 1993The Maastricht Treaty takes effect, formally establishing the European Union.
- 2000Serbia joins the United Nations.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1859Charles Brantley Aycock, 50th Governor of the U.S. state of North Carolina (d. 1912)
- 1920Ted Lowe, English snooker commentator (d. 2011)
- 1924Colette Renard, French actress and singer (d. 2010)
- 1930A. R. Gurney, American playwright
- 1942Ralph Klein, Canadian politician
- 1944Kinky Friedman, American musician and novelist
- 1958Joe DeRenzo, American musician
- 1962Sharron Davies, British swimmer
- 1972Toni Collette, Australian actress
- 1984Natalia Tena, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.