November 1: Day of the Week
November 1, 2021 is the 305th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OTTOIYJNSTJA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OTTOIYJNSTJA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1790Edmund Burke publishes Reflections on the Revolution in France, in which he predicts that the French Revolution will end in a disaster.
- 1876New Zealand’s provincial government system is dissolved.
- 1916Paul Miliukov delivers in the State Duma the famous “stupidity or treason” speech, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Stürmer government.
- 1941American photographer Ansel Adams takes a picture of a moonrise over the town of Hernandez, New Mexico that would become one of the most famous images in the history of photography.
- 1948Athenagoras I, Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is enthroned.
- 1953Andhra Pradesh attained statehood on 1 November 1953, with Kurnool as its capital.
- 1957The Mackinac Bridge, the world’s longest suspension bridge between anchorages at the time, opens to traffic connecting Michigan’s upper and lower peninsulas.
- 1959Montreal Canadiens goaltender Jacques Plante wears a protective mask for the first time in an NHL game.
- 1960While campaigning for President of the United States, John F. Kennedy announces his idea of the Peace Corps.
- 1973The Indian state of Mysore is renamed as Karnataka to represent all the regions within Karunadu.
Who were born on November 1?
- 1661Florent Carton Dancourt, French dramatist and actor (d. 1725)
- 1872Louis Dewis, Belgian artist (d. 1946)
- 1878Carlos Saavedra Lamas, Argentine politician, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1959)
- 1878Konrad Mägi, Estonian painter (d. 1925)
- 1887L. S. Lowry, British painter (d. 1976)
- 1912Gunther Plaut, German-born Canadian rabbi and writer
- 1946Lynne Russell, American news anchor
- 1957Lyle Lovett, American singer
- 1966Willie D, American hip hop singer (The Geto Boys)
- 1983Josh Wicks, American soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.