November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2020 is the 315th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UUJTIMYA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UUJTIMYA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1766The last colonial governor of New Jersey, William Franklin, signs the charter of Queen’s College (later renamed Rutgers University).
- 1793A Goddess of Reason is proclaimed by the French Convention at the suggestion of Chaumette.
- 1847The passenger ship Stephen Whitney is wrecked in thick fog off the southern coast of Ireland, killing 92 of the 110 on board. The disaster results in the construction of the Fastnet Rock lighthouse.
- 1865Major Henry Wirz, the superintendent of a prison camp in Andersonville, Georgia, is hanged, becoming the only American Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.
- 1871Henry Morton Stanley locates missing explorer and missionary, Dr. David Livingstone in Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika, famously greeting him with the words, “Dr. Livingstone, I presume?”.
- 1910The date of Thomas A. Davis’ opening of the San Diego Army and Navy Academy, though the official founding date is November 23, 1910.
- 1919The first national convention of the American Legion is held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, ending on November 12.
- 1975The 729-foot-long freighter SS Edmund Fitzgerald sinks during a storm on Lake Superior, killing all 29 crew on board.
- 1997WorldCom and MCI Communications announce a $37 billion merger (the largest merger in US history at the time).
- 2007¿Por qué no te callas? incident between King Juan Carlos of Spain and Venezuela’s president Hugo Chávez.
Who were born on November 10?
- 1879Vachel Lindsay, American poet (d. 1931)
- 1893John P. Marquand, American writer (d. 1960)
- 1928Ennio Morricone, Italian composer
- 1940Screaming Lord Sutch, English musician and politician (d. 1999)
- 1948Aaron Brown, American broadcast journalist
- 1950Bob Orton, Jr., American wrestler
- 1964Kenny Rogers, American baseball player
- 1967Michael Jai White, American actor
- 1983Miranda Lambert, American singer
- 2000Mackenzie Foy, American actress and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.