November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2019 is the 314th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1619René Descartes has the dreams that inspire his Meditations on First Philosophy.
- 1821Cry of Independence by Rufina Alfaro at La Villa de Los Santos, Panama setting into motion a revolt which lead to Panama’s independence from Spain and to it immediately becoming part of Colombia
- 1847The passenger ship Stephen Whitney is wrecked in thick fog off the southern coast of Ireland, killing 92 of the 110 on board. The disaster results in the construction of the Fastnet Rock lighthouse.
- 1898Beginning of the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, the only instance of a municipal government being overthrown in US history.
- 1918The Western Union Cable Office in North Sydney, Nova Scotia receives a top-secret coded message from Europe (that would be sent to Ottawa, Ontario and Washington, DC) that said on November 11, 1918 all fighting would cease on land, sea and in the air.
- 1919The first national convention of the American Legion is held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, ending on November 12.
- 1942World War II: Germany invades Vichy France following French Admiral François Darlan’s agreement to an armistice with the Allies in North Africa.
- 1969National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuts the children’s television program Sesame Street.
- 1975The 729-foot-long freighter SS Edmund Fitzgerald sinks during a storm on Lake Superior, killing all 29 crew on board.
- 1997WorldCom and MCI Communications announce a $37 billion merger (the largest merger in US history at the time).
Who were born on November 10?
- 1845Sir John Sparrow David Thompson, fourth Prime Minister of Canada (d. 1894)
- 1874Idabelle Smith Firestone, American composer and songwriter (d. 1954)
- 1888Andrei Tupolev, Russian aircraft designer (d. 1972)
- 1896Jimmy Dykes, American baseball player and manager (d. 1976)
- 1918Ernst Otto Fischer, German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007)
- 1947Dave Loggins, American songwriter and singer
- 1961Rudolf Grimm, Austrian physics professor
- 1969Ellen Pompeo, American actress
- 1979Chris Joannou, Australian musician, (Silverchair)
- 1981Tony Blanco, Dominican baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.