November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2019 was the 314th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Leo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1520Danish King Christian II executes dozens of people in the Stockholm Bloodbath after a successful invasion of Sweden.
- 1919The first national convention of the American Legion is held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, ending on November 12.
- 1944The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus, Admiralty Islands, killing at least 432 and wounding 371.
- 1951Direct-dial coast-to-coast telephone service begins in the United States.
- 1958The Hope Diamond is donated to the Smithsonian Institution by New York diamond merchant Harry Winston.
- 1971In Cambodia, Khmer Rouge forces attack the city of Phnom Penh and its airport, killing 44, wounding at least 30 and damaging nine aircraft.
- 1972Southern Airways Flight 49 from Birmingham, Alabama is hijacked and, at one point, is threatened with crashing into the nuclear installation at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. After two days, the plane lands in Havana, Cuba, where the hijackers are jailed by Fidel Castro.
- 1997WorldCom and MCI Communications announce a $37 billion merger (the largest merger in US history at the time).
- 2006Sri Lankan Tamil Parliamentarian Nadarajah Raviraj is assassinated in Colombo.
- 2007¿Por qué no te callas? incident between King Juan Carlos of Spain and Venezuela’s president Hugo Chávez.
Who were born on November 10?
- 1801Vladimir Dal, Russian lexicographer (d. 1872)
- 1888Andrei Tupolev, Russian aircraft designer (d. 1972)
- 1919Moise Tshombe, Congoian politician (d. 1969)
- 1925Richard Burton, Welsh actor (d. 1984)
- 1933Ronald Evans, American astronaut (d. 1990)
- 1934Lucien Bianchi, Belgian racing driver (d. 1969)
- 1943Saxby Chambliss, American politician, senior senator of Georgia
- 1946Roy Thomas Baker, English record producer
- 1958Massimo Morsello, Italian singer (d. 2001)
- 1974Chris Lilley, Australian comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.