November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2020 is the 315th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Elizabeth’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1702English colonists besiege Spanish St. Augustine in Queen Anne’s War.
- 1793A Goddess of Reason is proclaimed by the French Convention at the suggestion of Chaumette.
- 1865Major Henry Wirz, the superintendent of a prison camp in Andersonville, Georgia, is hanged, becoming the only American Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.
- 1871Henry Morton Stanley locates missing explorer and missionary, Dr. David Livingstone in Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika, famously greeting him with the words, “Dr. Livingstone, I presume?”.
- 1898Beginning of the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, the only instance of a municipal government being overthrown in US history.
- 1918The Western Union Cable Office in North Sydney, Nova Scotia receives a top-secret coded message from Europe (that would be sent to Ottawa, Ontario and Washington, DC) that said on November 11, 1918 all fighting would cease on land, sea and in the air.
- 1942World War II: Germany invades Vichy France following French Admiral François Darlan’s agreement to an armistice with the Allies in North Africa.
- 1944The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus, Admiralty Islands, killing at least 432 and wounding 371.
- 1972Southern Airways Flight 49 from Birmingham, Alabama is hijacked and, at one point, is threatened with crashing into the nuclear installation at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. After two days, the plane lands in Havana, Cuba, where the hijackers are jailed by Fidel Castro.
- 1997WorldCom and MCI Communications announce a $37 billion merger (the largest merger in US history at the time).
Who were born on November 10?
- 1566Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex, English politician (d. 1601)
- 1668Louis III, Prince of Condé (d. 1710)
- 1801Samuel Gridley Howe, American social reformer (d. 1876)
- 1878Cy Morgan, American baseball player (d. 1962)
- 1893John P. Marquand, American writer (d. 1960)
- 1895John Knudsen Northrop, American airplane manufacturer (d. 1981)
- 1933Ronald Evans, American astronaut (d. 1990)
- 1976Steffen Iversen, Norwegian footballer
- 1986Ilias Iliadis, Greek judoka
- 1987Jessica Tovey, Australian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.