November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2020 is the 315th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Terri’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1293Raden Wijaya is crowned as the first monarch of Majapahit kingdom of Java, taking throne name Kertarajasa Jayawardhana.
- 1444Battle of Varna: The crusading forces of King Vladislaus III of Varna (aka Ulaszlo I of Hungary and Wladyslaw III of Poland) are crushed by the Turks under Sultan Murad II and Vladislaus is killed.
- 1766The last colonial governor of New Jersey, William Franklin, signs the charter of Queen’s College (later renamed Rutgers University).
- 1793A Goddess of Reason is proclaimed by the French Convention at the suggestion of Chaumette.
- 1865Major Henry Wirz, the superintendent of a prison camp in Andersonville, Georgia, is hanged, becoming the only American Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.
- 1919The first national convention of the American Legion is held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, ending on November 12.
- 1951Direct-dial coast-to-coast telephone service begins in the United States.
- 1971In Cambodia, Khmer Rouge forces attack the city of Phnom Penh and its airport, killing 44, wounding at least 30 and damaging nine aircraft.
- 2006Sri Lankan Tamil Parliamentarian Nadarajah Raviraj is assassinated in Colombo.
- 2006The National Museum of the Marine Corps is opened and dedicated by U.S. President George W. Bush and annonces that Marine Corporal Jason Dunham will receive the Medal of Honor in Quantico, Virginia.
Who were born on November 10?
- 1878Cy Morgan, American baseball player (d. 1962)
- 1909Paweł Jasienica, Polish historian (d. 1970)
- 1912Birdie Tebbetts, American baseball player and manager (d. 1999)
- 1920Rafael del Pino, Spanish entrepreneur (d. 2008)
- 1935Bernard Babior, American biochemist
- 1941John Geoghegan, American soldier and Silver Star recipient (d. 1965)
- 1950Debra Hill, American screenwriter and film producer (d. 2005)
- 1958George Lowe, American voice actor
- 1965Eddie Irvine, Northern Irish racing driver
- 1973Patrik Berger, Czech footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.