November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2019 is the 314th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Derek’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1520Danish King Christian II executes dozens of people in the Stockholm Bloodbath after a successful invasion of Sweden.
- 1766The last colonial governor of New Jersey, William Franklin, signs the charter of Queen’s College (later renamed Rutgers University).
- 1775The United States Marine Corps is founded at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia by Samuel Nicholas.
- 1793A Goddess of Reason is proclaimed by the French Convention at the suggestion of Chaumette.
- 1821Cry of Independence by Rufina Alfaro at La Villa de Los Santos, Panama setting into motion a revolt which lead to Panama’s independence from Spain and to it immediately becoming part of Colombia
- 1942World War II: Germany invades Vichy France following French Admiral François Darlan’s agreement to an armistice with the Allies in North Africa.
- 1970Vietnam War: Vietnamization – For the first time in five years, an entire week ends with no reports of American combat fatalities in Southeast Asia.
- 1995In Nigeria, playwright and environmental activist Ken Saro-Wiwa, along with eight others from the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (Mosop), are hanged by government forces.
- 1997WorldCom and MCI Communications announce a $37 billion merger (the largest merger in US history at the time).
- 2006Sri Lankan Tamil Parliamentarian Nadarajah Raviraj is assassinated in Colombo.
Who were born on November 10?
- 1620Ninon de l'Enclos, French courtesan and writer (d. 1705)
- 1920Jennifer Holt, American actress (d. 1997)
- 1940Screaming Lord Sutch, English musician and politician (d. 1999)
- 1948Hugh Moffatt, American songwriter
- 1959Mike McCarthy, American football coach
- 1970Warren G, American rapper
- 1973Patrik Berger, Czech footballer
- 1981Jason L. Dunham, American Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2004)
- 1985Krystian Trochowski, German rugby player
- 1986Ilias Iliadis, Greek judoka
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.