November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2021 is the 314th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BAUEFVCTY? Check your answers here: Word scramble BAUEFVCTY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1444Battle of Varna: The crusading forces of King Vladislaus III of Varna (aka Ulaszlo I of Hungary and Wladyslaw III of Poland) are crushed by the Turks under Sultan Murad II and Vladislaus is killed.
- 1702English colonists besiege Spanish St. Augustine in Queen Anne’s War.
- 1775The United States Marine Corps is founded at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia by Samuel Nicholas.
- 1847The passenger ship Stephen Whitney is wrecked in thick fog off the southern coast of Ireland, killing 92 of the 110 on board. The disaster results in the construction of the Fastnet Rock lighthouse.
- 1871Henry Morton Stanley locates missing explorer and missionary, Dr. David Livingstone in Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika, famously greeting him with the words, “Dr. Livingstone, I presume?”.
- 1898Beginning of the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, the only instance of a municipal government being overthrown in US history.
- 1942World War II: Germany invades Vichy France following French Admiral François Darlan’s agreement to an armistice with the Allies in North Africa.
- 1954U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower dedicates the USMC War Memorial (Iwo Jima memorial) in Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1970The Soviet Lunar probe Lunokhod 1 is launched.
- 1970Vietnam War: Vietnamization – For the first time in five years, an entire week ends with no reports of American combat fatalities in Southeast Asia.
Who were born on November 10?
- 1695John Bevis, English physician and astronomer (d. 1771)
- 1728Oliver Goldsmith, English playwright (d. 1774)
- 1909Paweł Jasienica, Polish historian (d. 1970)
- 1941John Geoghegan, American soldier and Silver Star recipient (d. 1965)
- 1955James Chapman, American novelist
- 1967Michael Jai White, American actor
- 1977Josh Barnett, American Mixed Martial Artist
- 1980Donté Stallworth, American football player
- 1980Troy Bell, American basketball player
- 1985Ricki-Lee Coulter, New Zealand/Australian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.