November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2022 was the 314th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OJEOBHA? Check your answers here: Word solver OJEOBHA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1619René Descartes has the dreams that inspire his Meditations on First Philosophy.
- 1674Anglo-Dutch War: As provided in the Treaty of Westminster, Netherlands cedes New Netherlands to England.
- 1898Beginning of the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, the only instance of a municipal government being overthrown in US history.
- 1944The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus, Admiralty Islands, killing at least 432 and wounding 371.
- 1945Heavy fighting in Surabaya between Indonesian nationalists and returning colonialists after World War II, today celebrated as Heroes’ Day (Hari Pahlawan).
- 1951Direct-dial coast-to-coast telephone service begins in the United States.
- 1969National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuts the children’s television program Sesame Street.
- 1970The Soviet Lunar probe Lunokhod 1 is launched.
- 1972Southern Airways Flight 49 from Birmingham, Alabama is hijacked and, at one point, is threatened with crashing into the nuclear installation at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. After two days, the plane lands in Havana, Cuba, where the hijackers are jailed by Fidel Castro.
- 1995In Nigeria, playwright and environmental activist Ken Saro-Wiwa, along with eight others from the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (Mosop), are hanged by government forces.
Who were born on November 10?
- 1924Bobby Limb, Australian entertainer (d. 1999)
- 1945Donna Fargo, American singer
- 1960Dan Hawkins, American college football coach
- 1961John Walton, English darts player
- 1972DJ Ashba, American musician (Guns N' Roses)
- 1976Shefki Kuqi, Finnish footballer
- 1983Craig Smith, American basketball player
- 1985Giovonnie Samuels, American television actress
- 1986Ilias Iliadis, Greek judoka
- 2000Mackenzie Foy, American actress and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.