November 10: Day of the Week
November 10, 2019 is the 314th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 51 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1766The last colonial governor of New Jersey, William Franklin, signs the charter of Queen’s College (later renamed Rutgers University).
- 1821Cry of Independence by Rufina Alfaro at La Villa de Los Santos, Panama setting into motion a revolt which lead to Panama’s independence from Spain and to it immediately becoming part of Colombia
- 1847The passenger ship Stephen Whitney is wrecked in thick fog off the southern coast of Ireland, killing 92 of the 110 on board. The disaster results in the construction of the Fastnet Rock lighthouse.
- 1865Major Henry Wirz, the superintendent of a prison camp in Andersonville, Georgia, is hanged, becoming the only American Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.
- 1898Beginning of the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, the only instance of a municipal government being overthrown in US history.
- 1972Southern Airways Flight 49 from Birmingham, Alabama is hijacked and, at one point, is threatened with crashing into the nuclear installation at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. After two days, the plane lands in Havana, Cuba, where the hijackers are jailed by Fidel Castro.
- 1975The 729-foot-long freighter SS Edmund Fitzgerald sinks during a storm on Lake Superior, killing all 29 crew on board.
- 1984The first Breeders’ Cup takes place at Hollywood Park Racetrack.
- 2006The National Museum of the Marine Corps is opened and dedicated by U.S. President George W. Bush and annonces that Marine Corporal Jason Dunham will receive the Medal of Honor in Quantico, Virginia.
- 2007¿Por qué no te callas? incident between King Juan Carlos of Spain and Venezuela’s president Hugo Chávez.
Who were born on November 10?
- 1759Friedrich Schiller, German writer (d. 1805)
- 1888Andrei Tupolev, Russian aircraft designer (d. 1972)
- 1891Carl Stalling, American film composer (d. 1972)
- 1929Marilyn Bergman, American composer and songwriter
- 1941John Geoghegan, American soldier and Silver Star recipient (d. 1965)
- 1950Debra Hill, American screenwriter and film producer (d. 2005)
- 1958George Lowe, American voice actor
- 1969Ellen Pompeo, American actress
- 1969Jens Lehmann, German footballer
- 1982Heather Matarazzo, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.