November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2019 is the 316th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Karla’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1439Plymouth, England, becomes the first town incorporated by the English Parliament.
- 1555The English Parliament re-establishes Catholicism.
- 1892William “Pudge” Heffelfinger becomes the first professional American football player on record, participating in his first paid game for the Allegheny Athletic Association.
- 1933Hugh Gray takes the first known photos of the Loch Ness Monster.
- 1936In California, the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Bridge opens to traffic.
- 1941World War II: temperatures around Moscow drop to -12° C as the Soviet Union launches ski troops for the first time against the freezing German forces near the city.
- 1948In Tokyo, an international war crimes tribunal sentences seven Japanese military and government officials, including General Hideki Tojo, to death for their roles in World War II.
- 1979Iran hostage crisis: in response to the hostage situation in Tehran, US President Jimmy Carter orders a halt to all petroleum imports into the United States from Iran.
- 1980The NASA space probe Voyager I makes its closest approach to Saturn and takes the first images of its rings.
- 1997Ramzi Yousef is found guilty of masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1897Karl Marx, German composer (d. 1985)
- 1901James Luther Adams, American theologian (d. 1994)
- 1919Jackie Washington, Canadian blues musician (d. 2009)
- 1924Sam Jones, American jazz bassist and cellist (d. 1981)
- 1931Bob Crewe, American songwriter and producer (The Four Seasons)
- 1970Sarah Harmer, Canadian singer-songwriter and activist
- 1975Jason Lezak, American swimmer
- 1979Crown J, South Korean hip hop singer and rapper
- 1982Anne Hathaway, American actress
- 1987Bryan Little, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.