November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2019 is the 316th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1439Plymouth, England, becomes the first town incorporated by the English Parliament.
- 1555The English Parliament re-establishes Catholicism.
- 1602Sebastian Viscaino lands at and names San Diego, California.
- 1912The frozen bodies of Robert Scott and his men are found on the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica.
- 1938Hermann Göring proposes plans to make Madagascar the “Jewish homeland”, an idea that had first been considered by 19th century journalist Theodor Herzl.
- 1941World War II: The Soviet cruiser Chervona Ukraina is destroyed during the Battle of Sevastopol.
- 1944World War II: The Royal Air Force launches 29 Avro Lancaster bombers in one of the most successful precision bombing attacks of war and sinks the German battleship Tirpitz, with 12,000 lb Tallboy bombs off Tromsø, Norway.
- 1990Crown Prince Akihito is formally installed as Emperor Akihito of Japan, becoming the 125th Japanese monarch.
- 1990Tim Berners-Lee publishes a formal proposal for the World Wide Web.
- 1996A Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747 and a Kazakh Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane collide in mid-air near New Delhi, killing 349. The deadliest mid-air collision to date.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1936Mills Lane, American jurist, TV personality, and boxing referee
- 1947Ron Bryant, American baseball player
- 1961Jonathan Nossiter, American film director
- 1962Naomi Wolf, American author and feminist
- 1963Susumu Terajima, Japanese actor
- 1968Aya Hisakawa, Japanese voice actress and singer
- 1970Craig Parker, New Zealand actor
- 1978Andrew Kinlochan, British singer (Phixx)
- 1981Sergio Floccari, Italian footballer
- 1984Omarion, American R&B singer, pianist and songwriter (B2K)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.