November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2021 is the 316th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SJUOWXZVUI? Check your answers here: Word search SJUOWXZVUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1555The English Parliament re-establishes Catholicism.
- 1793Jean Sylvain Bailly, the first Mayor of Paris, is guillotined.
- 1918Austria becomes a republic.
- 1920Italy and the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes sign the Treaty of Rapallo.
- 1941World War II: The Soviet cruiser Chervona Ukraina is destroyed during the Battle of Sevastopol.
- 1942World War II: The Naval Battle of Guadalcanal between Japanese and American forces begins near Guadalcanal. The battle lasts for three days.
- 1958A team of rock climbers led by Warren Harding completes the first ascent of The Nose on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley.
- 1970The Oregon Highway Division attempts to destroy a rotting beached Sperm whale with explosives, leading to the now infamous “exploding whale” incident.
- 1982In the Soviet Union, Yuri Andropov becomes the general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party’s Central Committee, succeeding Leonid I. Brezhnev.
- 1997Ramzi Yousef is found guilty of masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1651Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz, Mexican mystic and author (d. 1695)
- 1848Eduard Müller, Swiss politician (d. 1919)
- 1917Jo Stafford, American singer (d. 2008)
- 1936Mills Lane, American jurist, TV personality, and boxing referee
- 1940Jürgen Todenhöfer, German politician
- 1947Ron Bryant, American baseball player
- 1963Susumu Terajima, Japanese actor
- 1964Dave Ellefson, American bassist (Megadeth)
- 1973Radha Mitchell, Australian actress
- 1984Sandara Park, South Korean actor, singer/rapper of (2NE1)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.