November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2021 is the 316th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QAIZLON? Check your answers here: Words with these letters QAIZLON. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1028Future Byzantine empress Zoe takes the throne as empress consort to Romanus Argyrus.
- 1602Sebastian Viscaino lands at and names San Diego, California.
- 1928SS Vestris sinks approximately 200 mi off Hampton Roads, Virginia, killing at least 110 passengers, mostly women and children who die after the vessel is abandoned.
- 1958A team of rock climbers led by Warren Harding completes the first ascent of The Nose on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley.
- 1968Equatorial Guinea joins the United Nations.
- 1975The Comoros joins the United Nations.
- 1978Pope John Paul II takes possession of his Cathedral Church, the Basilica of St. John Lateran, as the Bishop of Rome.
- 1979Iran hostage crisis: in response to the hostage situation in Tehran, US President Jimmy Carter orders a halt to all petroleum imports into the United States from Iran.
- 1990Crown Prince Akihito is formally installed as Emperor Akihito of Japan, becoming the 125th Japanese monarch.
- 1990Tim Berners-Lee publishes a formal proposal for the World Wide Web.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1886Günther Dyhrenfurth, German geologist, and mountineer (d. 1975)
- 1910Dudley Nourse, South African cricketer (d. 1981)
- 1911Buck Clayton, American jazz trumpet player (d. 1991)
- 1943Brian Hyland, American singer
- 1949Jack Reed, American politician
- 1970Tonya Harding, American figure skater
- 1975Nina Brosh, Israeli model and actress
- 1978Andrew Kinlochan, British singer (Phixx)
- 1979Cote de Pablo, Chilean actress
- 1983Carlton Cole, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.