November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2019 is the 316th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 764Tibetan troops occupy Chang'an, the capital of the Chinese Tang Dynasty, for fifteen days.
- 1555The English Parliament re-establishes Catholicism.
- 1602Sebastian Viscaino lands at and names San Diego, California.
- 1793Jean Sylvain Bailly, the first Mayor of Paris, is guillotined.
- 1918Austria becomes a republic.
- 1940World War II: The Battle of Gabon ends as Free French Forces take Libreville, Gabon, and all of French Equatorial Africa from Vichy France forces.
- 1982In the Soviet Union, Yuri Andropov becomes the general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party’s Central Committee, succeeding Leonid I. Brezhnev.
- 1991Dili Massacre: Indonesian forces open fire on a crowd of student protesters in Dili, East Timor.
- 1999The Düzce earthquake strikes Turkey with a magnitude of 7.2 on the Richter scale.
- 2003Iraq war: in Nasiriya, Iraq, at least 23 people, among them the first Italian casualties of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, are killed in a suicide bomb attack on an Italian police base.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1615Richard Baxter, English clergyman (d. 1691)
- 1915Roland Barthes, French critic and writer (d. 1980)
- 1963Sam Lloyd, American actor
- 1964Vic Chesnutt, American singer and songwriter (d. 2009)
- 1968Sharon Shannon, Irish musician, known for playing the accordion
- 1978Alexandra Maria Lara, Romanian-born German actress
- 1979Matt Cappotelli, American professional wrestler
- 1980Ryan Gosling, Canadian actor
- 1982Mikele Leigertwood, English footballer
- 1984Conrad Rautenbach, Zimbabwean rally driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.