November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2019 is the 316th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1555The English Parliament re-establishes Catholicism.
- 1793Jean Sylvain Bailly, the first Mayor of Paris, is guillotined.
- 1892William “Pudge” Heffelfinger becomes the first professional American football player on record, participating in his first paid game for the Allegheny Athletic Association.
- 1905Norway holds a referendum in favor of monarchy over republic.
- 1927Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in undisputed control of the Soviet Union.
- 1938Hermann Göring proposes plans to make Madagascar the “Jewish homeland”, an idea that had first been considered by 19th century journalist Theodor Herzl.
- 1941World War II: The Soviet cruiser Chervona Ukraina is destroyed during the Battle of Sevastopol.
- 1944World War II: The Royal Air Force launches 29 Avro Lancaster bombers in one of the most successful precision bombing attacks of war and sinks the German battleship Tirpitz, with 12,000 lb Tallboy bombs off Tromsø, Norway.
- 1990Crown Prince Akihito is formally installed as Emperor Akihito of Japan, becoming the 125th Japanese monarch.
- 2001In New York City, American Airlines Flight 587, an Airbus A300 en route to the Dominican Republic, crashes minutes after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport, killing all 260 on board and five on the ground.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1790Letitia Christian Tyler, US First Lady (d. 1842)
- 1901James Luther Adams, American theologian (d. 1994)
- 1939Terry McDonald, English footballer
- 1943Brian Hyland, American singer
- 1960Maurane, Belgian singer
- 1961Enzo Francescoli, Uruguayan footballer
- 1963Michael Rogers (activist), American blogger and media publisher
- 1968Sammy Sosa, Dominican baseball player
- 1974Tamala Jones, American actress
- 1988Russell Westbrook, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.