November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2020 is the 317th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eli’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1793Jean Sylvain Bailly, the first Mayor of Paris, is guillotined.
- 1892William “Pudge” Heffelfinger becomes the first professional American football player on record, participating in his first paid game for the Allegheny Athletic Association.
- 1933Hugh Gray takes the first known photos of the Loch Ness Monster.
- 1936In California, the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Bridge opens to traffic.
- 1970The Oregon Highway Division attempts to destroy a rotting beached Sperm whale with explosives, leading to the now infamous “exploding whale” incident.
- 1990Crown Prince Akihito is formally installed as Emperor Akihito of Japan, becoming the 125th Japanese monarch.
- 1991Dili Massacre: Indonesian forces open fire on a crowd of student protesters in Dili, East Timor.
- 1996A Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747 and a Kazakh Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane collide in mid-air near New Delhi, killing 349. The deadliest mid-air collision to date.
- 2001In New York City, American Airlines Flight 587, an Airbus A300 en route to the Dominican Republic, crashes minutes after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport, killing all 260 on board and five on the ground.
- 2011Silvio Berlusconi resigns as Prime Minister of Italy due, in large part, to the European sovereign debt crisis.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1615Richard Baxter, English clergyman (d. 1691)
- 1684Edward Vernon, English Royal Navy admiral (d. 1757)
- 1815Elizabeth Cady Stanton, American suffragette (d. 1902)
- 1833Alexander Borodin, Russian composer and chemist (d. 1887)
- 1916Paul Emery, English racing driver (d. 1993)
- 1922Kim Hunter, American actress (d. 2002)
- 1938Benjamin Mkapa, Tanzanian politician
- 1952Ronald Burkle, American entrepreneur
- 1975Nina Brosh, Israeli model and actress
- 1984Conrad Rautenbach, Zimbabwean rally driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.