November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2018 was the 316th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1602Sebastian Viscaino lands at and names San Diego, California.
- 1912The frozen bodies of Robert Scott and his men are found on the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica.
- 1940World War II: The Battle of Gabon ends as Free French Forces take Libreville, Gabon, and all of French Equatorial Africa from Vichy France forces.
- 1941World War II: temperatures around Moscow drop to -12° C as the Soviet Union launches ski troops for the first time against the freezing German forces near the city.
- 1956Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia join the United Nations.
- 1970The 1970 Bhola cyclone makes landfall on the coast of East Pakistan becoming the deadliest tropical cyclone in history.
- 1978Pope John Paul II takes possession of his Cathedral Church, the Basilica of St. John Lateran, as the Bishop of Rome.
- 1997Ramzi Yousef is found guilty of masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
- 1999The Düzce earthquake strikes Turkey with a magnitude of 7.2 on the Richter scale.
- 2011Silvio Berlusconi resigns as Prime Minister of Italy due, in large part, to the European sovereign debt crisis.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1755Gerhard von Scharnhorst, Prussian general (d. 1813)
- 1916Paul Emery, English racing driver (d. 1993)
- 1920Richard Quine, American actor (d. 1989)
- 1939Terry McDonald, English footballer
- 1943Julie Ege, Norwegian actress (d. 2008)
- 1947Ron Bryant, American baseball player
- 1959Toshihiko Sahashi, Japanese composer
- 1969Johnny Gosch, American kidnap victim
- 1976Richelle Mead, American writer
- 1984Sepp De Roover, Belgian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.