November 12: Day of the Week
November 12, 2022 is the 316th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 49 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Duane’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1893The treaty of the Durand Line is signed between present day Pakistan and Afghanistan; the Durand Line has gained international recognition as an international border between the two nations.
- 1912The frozen bodies of Robert Scott and his men are found on the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica.
- 1928SS Vestris sinks approximately 200 mi off Hampton Roads, Virginia, killing at least 110 passengers, mostly women and children who die after the vessel is abandoned.
- 1941World War II: temperatures around Moscow drop to -12° C as the Soviet Union launches ski troops for the first time against the freezing German forces near the city.
- 1956Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia join the United Nations.
- 1958A team of rock climbers led by Warren Harding completes the first ascent of The Nose on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley.
- 1975The Comoros joins the United Nations.
- 1981Space Shuttle program: mission STS-2, utilizing the Space Shuttle Columbia, marks the first time a manned spacecraft is launched into space twice.
- 1990Crown Prince Akihito is formally installed as Emperor Akihito of Japan, becoming the 125th Japanese monarch.
- 1997Ramzi Yousef is found guilty of masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
Who were born on November 12?
- 1606Jeanne Mance, French settler of New France (d. 1673)
- 1848Eduard Müller, Swiss politician (d. 1919)
- 1915Roland Barthes, French critic and writer (d. 1980)
- 1916Paul Emery, English racing driver (d. 1993)
- 1936Mort Shuman, American songwriter and singer (d. 1991)
- 1968Glenn Gilbertti, American professional wrestler
- 1969Johnny Gosch, American kidnap victim
- 1978Andrew Kinlochan, British singer (Phixx)
- 1980Ryan Gosling, Canadian actor
- 1984Conrad Rautenbach, Zimbabwean rally driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.