November 15: Day of the Week
November 15, 2020 is the 320th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 46 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Constance’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1920First assembly of the League of Nations is held in Geneva.
- 1923The German Rentenmark is introduced in Germany to counter Inflation in the Weimar Republic.
- 1926The NBC radio network opens with 24 stations.
- 1943Holocaust: German SS leader Heinrich Himmler orders that Gypsies are to be put “on the same level as Jews and placed in concentration camps”. (see Porajmos)
- 1951Greek resistance leader Nikos Beloyannis, along with 11 resistance members, is sentenced to death by the court-martial.
- 1988In the Soviet Union, the unmanned Shuttle Buran makes its only space flight.
- 1990The People’s Republic of Bulgaria is disestablished and a new republican government is instituted.
- 2000Jharkhand state comes into existence in India.
- 2003The first day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings, in which two car bombs, targeting two synagogues, explode, killing 25 people and wounding about 300. Additional bombings follow on November 20.
- 2007Cyclone Sidr hit Bangladesh, killing an estimated 5000 people and destroyed the world’s largest mangrove forest, Sundarbans.
Who were born on November 15?
- 1922David Sidney Feingold, American biochemist
- 1932Alvin Plantinga, American philosopher
- 1937Little Willie John, American singer (d. 1968)
- 1952Randy Savage, American professional wrestler (d. 2011)
- 1957Harold Marcuse, American historian
- 1957Kevin Eubanks, American jazz guitarist
- 1965Stefan Pfeiffer, German swimmer
- 1968Fausto Brizzi, Italian screenwriter and film director
- 1973Sydney Tamiia Poitier, American actress
- 1982Joe Kowalewski, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.