November 15: Day of the Week
November 15, 2021 is the 319th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 46 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OPTNAIKPTOA? Check your answers here: Word finder OPTNAIKPTOA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1928The RNLI Lifeboat Mary Stanford capsized in Rye Harbour with the loss of the entire 17 man crew.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Guadalcanal ends in a decisive Allied victory.
- 1959Four members of the Herbert Clutter Family are murdered at their farm outside Holcomb, Kansas.
- 1966Gemini program: Gemini 12 completes the program’s final mission, when it splashes down safely in the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1967The only fatality of the X-15 program occurs during the 191st flight when Air Force test pilot Michael J. Adams loses control of his aircraft which is destroyed mid-air over the Mojave Desert.
- 1969Vietnam War: In Washington, D.C., 250,000-500,000 protesters staged a peaceful demonstration against the war, including a symbolic “March Against Death”.
- 1971Intel releases world’s first commercial single-chip microprocessor, the 4004.
- 1987In Braşov, Romania, workers rebel against the communist regime of Nicolae Ceaușescu.
- 1990The People’s Republic of Bulgaria is disestablished and a new republican government is instituted.
- 2003The first day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings, in which two car bombs, targeting two synagogues, explode, killing 25 people and wounding about 300. Additional bombings follow on November 20.
Who were born on November 15?
- 1886René Guénon, French-Egyptian author (d. 1951)
- 1897Sacheverell Sitwell, English writer (d. 1988)
- 1922David Sidney Feingold, American biochemist
- 1933Theodore Roszak, American scholar and author (d. 2011)
- 1939W. C. Clark, blues musician known for his influence on the Austin, Texas blues scene
- 1968Fausto Brizzi, Italian screenwriter and film director
- 1977Peter Phillips, grandson of Queen Elizabeth II
- 1977Sean Murray, American actor
- 1981Drew Hodgdon, American football player
- 1985Lily Aldridge, American fashion model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.