November 15: Day of the Week
November 15, 2019 is the 319th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 46 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1923The German Rentenmark is introduced in Germany to counter Inflation in the Weimar Republic.
- 1928The RNLI Lifeboat Mary Stanford capsized in Rye Harbour with the loss of the entire 17 man crew.
- 1945Venezuela joins the United Nations.
- 1951Greek resistance leader Nikos Beloyannis, along with 11 resistance members, is sentenced to death by the court-martial.
- 1959Four members of the Herbert Clutter Family are murdered at their farm outside Holcomb, Kansas.
- 1969In Columbus, Ohio, Dave Thomas opens the first Wendy’s restaurant.
- 1969Vietnam War: In Washington, D.C., 250,000-500,000 protesters staged a peaceful demonstration against the war, including a symbolic “March Against Death”.
- 1978A chartered Douglas DC-8 crashes near Colombo, Sri Lanka, killing 183.
- 1983Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is founded. Recognised only by Turkey.
- 1987In Braşov, Romania, workers rebel against the communist regime of Nicolae Ceaușescu.
Who were born on November 15?
- 1498Eleanor of Austria, Queen of Portugal and France (d. 1558)
- 1661Christoph von Graffenried, Swiss settler in Americas (d. 1743)
- 1882Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (d. 1965)
- 1945Anni-Frid “Frida” Lyngstad, Norwegian born, Swedish singer (ABBA)
- 1952Zoltán Buday, Hungarian born actor
- 1967Greg Anthony, American basketball player
- 1968Fausto Brizzi, Italian screenwriter and film director
- 1980Ace Young, American singer
- 1982D. J. Fitzpatrick, American Football League kicker
- 1991Shailene Woodley, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.