November 15: Day of the Week
November 15, 2022 is the 319th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 46 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MDCVRMAOAJ? Check your answers here: Word search MDCVRMAOAJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 15 Historical Event(s)
- 655Battle of Winwaed: Penda of Mercia is defeated by Oswiu of Northumbria.
- 1864American Civil War: Union General William Tecumseh Sherman burns Atlanta, Georgia and starts Sherman’s March to the Sea.
- 1920First assembly of the League of Nations is held in Geneva.
- 1939In Washington, D.C., US President Franklin D. Roosevelt lays the cornerstone of the Jefferson Memorial.
- 1967The only fatality of the X-15 program occurs during the 191st flight when Air Force test pilot Michael J. Adams loses control of his aircraft which is destroyed mid-air over the Mojave Desert.
- 1971Intel releases world’s first commercial single-chip microprocessor, the 4004.
- 1985A research assistant is injured when a package from the Unabomber addressed to a University of Michigan professor explodes.
- 1988In the Soviet Union, the unmanned Shuttle Buran makes its only space flight.
- 2000A chartered Antonov An-24 crashes after takeoff from Luanda, Angola killing more than 40 people.
- 2003The first day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings, in which two car bombs, targeting two synagogues, explode, killing 25 people and wounding about 300. Additional bombings follow on November 20.
Who were born on November 15?
- 1316John I of France (d. 1316)
- 1498Eleanor of Austria, Queen of Portugal and France (d. 1558)
- 1891Averell Harriman, American businessman (d. 1986)
- 1906Curtis LeMay, U.S. Air Force general (d. 1990)
- 1965Stefan Pfeiffer, German swimmer
- 1967Greg Anthony, American basketball player
- 1972Jonny Lee Miller, English actor
- 1980Ace Young, American singer
- 1982Lofa Tatupu, National Football League player
- 1983Fernando Verdasco, Spanish tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.