November 15: Day of the Week
November 15, 2021 is the 319th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 46 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OAEQLXEIJ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OAEQLXEIJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1806Pike expedition: Lieutenant Zebulon Pike sees a distant mountain peak while near the Colorado foothills of the Rocky Mountains (it is later named Pikes Peak).
- 1864American Civil War: Union General William Tecumseh Sherman burns Atlanta, Georgia and starts Sherman’s March to the Sea.
- 1966A Boeing 727 carrying Pan Am Flight 708 crashes near Berlin, Germany, killing all three people on board.
- 1979A package from the Unabomber Ted Kaczynski begins smoking in the cargo hold of a flight from Chicago to Washington, forcing the plane to make an emergency landing.
- 1983Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is founded. Recognised only by Turkey.
- 1985A research assistant is injured when a package from the Unabomber addressed to a University of Michigan professor explodes.
- 1988The first Fairtrade label, Max Havelaar, is launched in the Netherlands.
- 1990The People’s Republic of Bulgaria is disestablished and a new republican government is instituted.
- 2003The first day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings, in which two car bombs, targeting two synagogues, explode, killing 25 people and wounding about 300. Additional bombings follow on November 20.
- 2005Boeing formally launches the stretched Boeing 747-8 variant with orders from Cargolux and Nippon Cargo Airlines.
Who were born on November 15?
- 1905Mantovani, Italian-born composer (d. 1980)
- 1907Claus von Stauffenberg, German, leader of failed plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler (d. 1944)
- 1922Francis Brunn, German juggler (d. 2004)
- 1927Gregor Mackenzie, British politician (d. 1992)
- 1937Little Willie John, American singer (d. 1968)
- 1956Brian Douglas Wells, American criminal (d. 2003)
- 1963Andrew Castle, English television presenter and former tennis professional
- 1963Benny Elias, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1978Floyd Womack, American football player
- 1983Laura Smet, French actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.