November 15: Day of the Week
November 15, 2022 is the 319th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 46 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JICVTFSOER? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters JICVTFSOER. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1315Battle of Morgarten: the Schweizer Eidgenossenschaft ambushes the army of Leopold I.
- 1859The first modern revival of the Olympic Games takes place in Athens, Greece.
- 1959Four members of the Herbert Clutter Family are murdered at their farm outside Holcomb, Kansas.
- 1978A chartered Douglas DC-8 crashes near Colombo, Sri Lanka, killing 183.
- 1987Continental Airlines Flight 1713, a Douglas DC-9-14 jetliner, crashes in a snowstorm at Denver, Colorado Stapleton International Airport, killing 28 occupants, while 54 survive the crash.
- 1987In Braşov, Romania, workers rebel against the communist regime of Nicolae Ceaușescu.
- 1990Space Shuttle program: Space Shuttle Atlantis launches with flight STS-38.
- 1990The People’s Republic of Bulgaria is disestablished and a new republican government is instituted.
- 2005Boeing formally launches the stretched Boeing 747-8 variant with orders from Cargolux and Nippon Cargo Airlines.
- 2007Cyclone Sidr hit Bangladesh, killing an estimated 5000 people and destroyed the world’s largest mangrove forest, Sundarbans.
Who were born on November 15?
- 1879Lewis Stone, American actor (d. 1953)
- 1891Averell Harriman, American businessman (d. 1986)
- 1934Joanna Barnes, American actress
- 1941Rick Kemp, English bass player, songwriter, vocalist and record producer
- 1957Harold Marcuse, American historian
- 1958Lewis Fitz-Gerald, Australian actor and television director
- 1963Benny Elias, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1965Nigel Bond, English snooker player
- 1967Gustavo Poyet, Uruguayan footballer
- 1986Sania Mirza, Indian tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.