November 16: Day of the Week
November 16, 2018 was the 320th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 45 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1532Francisco Pizarro and his men capture Inca Emperor Atahualpa.
- 1776American Revolution: the United Provinces (Low Countries) recognize the independence of the United States.
- 1822American Old West: Missouri trader William Becknell arrives in Santa Fe, New Mexico over a route that became known as the Santa Fe Trail.
- 1852The English astronomer John Russell Hind discovers the asteroid 22 Kalliope.
- 1944Dueren, Germany is destroyed by Allied bombers.
- 1944Operation Queen, the costly Allied thrust to the Rur river was launched
- 1965Venera program: the Soviet Union launches the Venera 3 space probe toward Venus, that will be the first spacecraft to reach the surface of another planet.
- 1979The first line of Bucharest Metro (Line M1) is opened from Timpuri Noi to Semănătoarea in Bucharest, Romania.
- 1988The Supreme Soviet of the Estonian Soviet Socialist Republic declares that Estonia is “sovereign” but stops short of declaring independence.
- 1992The Hoxne Hoard is discovered by metal detectorist Eric Lawes in Hoxne, Suffolk.
Who were born on November 16?
- 1851Minnie Hauk, American soprano (d. 1929)
- 1862Charles Turner, Australian cricketer (d. 1944)
- 1892Tazio Nuvolari, Italian racing driver (d. 1953)
- 1896Pavel Sergeevich Alexandrov, Russian mathematician (d. 1982)
- 1897Choudhary Rehmat Ali, Pakistani nationalist (d. 1951)
- 1935Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah, Iraqi-born Lebanese Shiite Muslim cleric and Hezbollah mentor (d. 2010)
- 1948Bonnie Greer, American playwright and critic
- 1958Marg Helgenberger, American actress
- 1971Mustapha Hadji, Moroccan footballer
- 1978Carolina Parra, Brazilian guitarist and drummer (CSS)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.