November 16: Day of the Week
November 16, 2019 is the 320th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 45 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mike’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1491An auto-da-fé, held in the Brasero de la Dehesa outside of Ávila, concludes the case of the Holy Child of La Guardia with the public execution of several Jewish and converso suspects.
- 1776American Revolution: the United Provinces (Low Countries) recognize the independence of the United States.
- 1852The English astronomer John Russell Hind discovers the asteroid 22 Kalliope.
- 1885Canadian rebel leader of the Métis and “Father of Manitoba”, Louis Riel is executed for treason.
- 1904English engineer John Ambrose Fleming receives a patent for the thermionic valve (vacuum tube).
- 1907Cunard Line’s RMS Mauretania, sister ship of RMS Lusitania, sets sail on her maiden voyage from Liverpool, England to New York City.
- 1938LSD is first synthesized by Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann at the Sandoz Laboratories in Basel, Switzerland.
- 1940World War II: in response to the leveling of Coventry, England by Nazi Germany’s Luftwaffe two days before, the Royal Air Force bombs Hamburg.
- 1945Cold War: Operation Paperclip – the United States Army secretly admits 88 German scientists and engineers to help in the development of rocket technology.
- 1988In the first open election in more than a decade, voters in Pakistan elect populist candidate Benazir Bhutto to be Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Who were born on November 16?
- 1841Jules Violle, French physicist (d. 1923)
- 1862Charles Turner, Australian cricketer (d. 1944)
- 1922José Saramago, Portuguese novelist, Nobel laureate (d. 2010)
- 1927Dolo Coker, jazz pianist and composer (d. 1983)
- 1946Jo Jo White, American basketball player
- 1952Piero Falchetta, Italian archivist in Biblioteca Marciana, essayist and translator
- 1955Pierre Larouche, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1963Meenakshi Seshadri, Indian actress
- 1964Maeve Quinlan, American actress
- 1982Amar'e Stoudemire, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.