November 16: Day of the Week
November 16, 2020 is the 321st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 45 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PIKUOYIDJPUK? Check your answers here: Word search PIKUOYIDJPUK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 16 Historical Event(s)
- 534A second and final revision of the Codex Justinianus is published.
- 1491An auto-da-fé, held in the Brasero de la Dehesa outside of Ávila, concludes the case of the Holy Child of La Guardia with the public execution of several Jewish and converso suspects.
- 1532Francisco Pizarro and his men capture Inca Emperor Atahualpa.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Campbell’s Station near Knoxville, Tennessee – Confederate troops unsuccessfully attack Union forces.
- 1938LSD is first synthesized by Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann at the Sandoz Laboratories in Basel, Switzerland.
- 1940World War II: in response to the leveling of Coventry, England by Nazi Germany’s Luftwaffe two days before, the Royal Air Force bombs Hamburg.
- 1944Operation Queen, the costly Allied thrust to the Rur river was launched
- 1965Venera program: the Soviet Union launches the Venera 3 space probe toward Venus, that will be the first spacecraft to reach the surface of another planet.
- 1973U.S. President Richard Nixon signs the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Authorization Act into law, authorizing the construction of the Alaska Pipeline.
- 1988The Supreme Soviet of the Estonian Soviet Socialist Republic declares that Estonia is “sovereign” but stops short of declaring independence.
Who were born on November 16?
- 1436Leonardo Loredan, Doge of the Republic of Venice (d. 1521)
- 1720Carlo Antonio Campioni, Italian composer (d. 1788)
- 1753James McHenry, American statesman (d. 1816)
- 1862Charles Turner, Australian cricketer (d. 1944)
- 1953Griff Rhys Jones, Welsh comedian, writer and actor
- 1954Arrow, calypso and soca musician, born Alphonsus Cassell
- 1972Missi Pyle, American actress
- 1980Carol Huynh, Canadian freestyle wrestler
- 1980Kayte Christensen, American basketball player
- 1981Kate Miller-Heidke, Australian singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.