November 23: Day of the Week
November 23, 2021 is the 327th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 38 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QCUEJZOJ? Check your answers here: Unscramble words QCUEJZOJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1510First campaign of Ottoman Empire against Kingdom of Imereti (modern western Georgia). Ottoman armies sack its capital Kutaisi and burn Gelati Monastery.
- 1644John Milton publishes Areopagitica, a pamphlet decrying censorship.
- 1889The first jukebox goes into operation at the Palais Royale Saloon in San Francisco.
- 1959General Charles de Gaulle, President of France, declares in a speech in Strasbourg his vision for a “Europe, ”from the Atlantic to the Urals.\"
- 1971Representatives of the People’s Republic of China attend the United Nations, including the United Nations Security Council, for the first time.
- 1972The Soviet Union makes its final attempt at successfully launching N-1 Rocket. The launch is a failure and the rocket is destroyed.
- 1996Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961 is hijacked, then crashes into the Indian Ocean off the coast of Comoros after running out of fuel, killing 125.
- 2004The Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi, the largest religious building in Georgia, is consecrated.
- 2005Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is elected president of Liberia and becomes the first woman to lead an African country.
- 2009The Maguindanao massacre occurs in Ampatuan, Maguindanao, Mindanao, Philippines
Who were born on November 23?
- 1804Franklin Pierce, 14th President of the United States (d. 1869)
- 1837Johannes Diderik van der Waals, Dutch physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1923)
- 1916Michael Gough, English actor (d. 2011)
- 1928Jerry Bock, American musical theatre composer (d. 2010)
- 1931Gloria Lynne, American singer
- 1934Robert Towne, American screenwriter and director
- 1955Mary Landrieu, American politician
- 1964Frank Rutherford, Bahamian athlete
- 1971Lisa Arch, American actress
- 1988Saab Magalona, Filipina actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.