November 23: Day of the Week
November 23, 2020 is the 328th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 38 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Fannie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1499Pretender to the throne Perkin Warbeck is hanged for reportedly attempting to escape from the Tower of London. He had invaded England in 1497, claiming to be the lost son of King Edward IV of England.
- 1867The Manchester Martyrs are hanged in Manchester, England for killing a police officer while freeing two Irish nationalists from custody.
- 1876Corrupt Tammany Hall leader William Magear Tweed (better known as Boss Tweed) is delivered to authorities in New York City after being captured in Spain.
- 1910Johan Alfred Ander becomes the last person to be executed in Sweden.
- 1943World War II: Tarawa and Makin atolls fall to American forces.
- 1972The Soviet Union makes its final attempt at successfully launching N-1 Rocket. The launch is a failure and the rocket is destroyed.
- 1981Iran-Contra Affair: Ronald Reagan signs the top secret National Security Decision Directive 17 (NSDD-17), giving the Central Intelligence Agency the authority to recruit and support Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
- 1990The first all woman expedition to the South Pole (3 Americans, 1 Japanese and 12 Russians), sets off from Antarctica on the 1st leg of a 70 day, 1287 kilometre ski trek.
- 1993Rachel Whiteread wins both the £20,000 Turner Prize award for best British modern artist and the £40,000 K Foundation art award for the worst artist of the year.
- 2009The Maguindanao massacre occurs in Ampatuan, Maguindanao, Mindanao, Philippines
Who were born on November 23?
- 1760François-Noël Babeuf, French revolutionary figure (d. 1797)
- 1888Harpo Marx, American comedian (d. 1964)
- 1916P. K. Page, Canadian poet (d. 2010)
- 1927Angelo Sodano, Italian prelate and Cardinal
- 1949Alan Paul, one of the founding members of the vocal group The Manhattan Transfer
- 1953Francis Cabrel, French singer
- 1960Robin Roberts, American television reporter
- 1971Lisa Arch, American actress
- 1974Jamie Sharper, American football player
- 1976Kohei Suwama, Japanese professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.