November 23: Day of the Week
November 23, 2020 is the 328th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 38 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kenneth’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 23 Historical Event(s)
- 534 BCThespis of Icaria becomes the first recorded actor to portray a character onstage.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Chattanooga begins – Union forces led by General Ulysses S. Grant reinforce troops at Chattanooga, Tennessee and counter-attack Confederate troops.
- 1889The first jukebox goes into operation at the Palais Royale Saloon in San Francisco.
- 1910Johan Alfred Ander becomes the last person to be executed in Sweden.
- 1943World War II: Tarawa and Makin atolls fall to American forces.
- 1946French Navy fire in Hai Phong, Viet Nam, kills 6,000 civilians.
- 1972The Soviet Union makes its final attempt at successfully launching N-1 Rocket. The launch is a failure and the rocket is destroyed.
- 1980A series of earthquakes in southern Italy kills approximately 3,000 people.
- 2007MS Explorer, a cruise liner carrying 154 people, sinks in the Antarctic Ocean south of Argentina after hitting an iceberg near the South Shetland Islands. There are no fatalities.
- 2011Arab Spring: After 11 months of protests in Yemen, The Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh Signs a deal to transfer power to the vice president, in exchange for legal immunity.
Who were born on November 23?
- 1221King Alfonso X of Castile (d. 1284)
- 1875Anatoly Lunacharsky, Russian literary critic and politician (d. 1933)
- 1927Angelo Sodano, Italian prelate and Cardinal
- 1953Johan de Meij, Dutch conductor and composer
- 1955Dinos Kouis, Greek footballer
- 1960Robin Roberts, American television reporter
- 1972Chris Adler, American drummer (Lamb of God)
- 1974Saku Koivu, Finnish ice hockey player
- 1977Adam Eaton, American baseball player
- 1978Kayvan Novak, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.