November 23: Day of the Week
November 23, 2019 is the 327th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 38 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jonathan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1876Corrupt Tammany Hall leader William Magear Tweed (better known as Boss Tweed) is delivered to authorities in New York City after being captured in Spain.
- 1890King William III of the Netherlands dies without a male heir and a special law is passed to allow his daughter Princess Wilhelmina to become his heir.
- 1946French Navy fire in Hai Phong, Viet Nam, kills 6,000 civilians.
- 1976Apneist Jacques Mayol is the first man to reach a depth of 100 m undersea without breathing equipment.
- 1980A series of earthquakes in southern Italy kills approximately 3,000 people.
- 1981Iran-Contra Affair: Ronald Reagan signs the top secret National Security Decision Directive 17 (NSDD-17), giving the Central Intelligence Agency the authority to recruit and support Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
- 1985Gunmen hijack EgyptAir Flight 648 while en route from Athens to Cairo. When the plane lands in Malta, Egyptian commandos storm the aircraft, but 60 people die in the raid.
- 2005Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is elected president of Liberia and becomes the first woman to lead an African country.
- 2009The Maguindanao massacre occurs in Ampatuan, Maguindanao, Mindanao, Philippines
- 2010The Bombardment of Yeonpyeong occurs on Yeonpyeong Island, South Korea. The North Korean artillery attack kills 2 civilians and 2 South Korean marines.
Who were born on November 23?
- 1883José Clemente Orozco, Mexican painter (d. 1949)
- 1889Nelly’s, Greek photographer (d. 1998)
- 1922Manuel Fraga Iribarne, Spanish Galicia politician
- 1928Jerry Bock, American musical theatre composer (d. 2010)
- 1949Sandra Stevens, British singer (Brotherhood of Man)
- 1970Oded Fehr, Israeli actor
- 1972Alf-Inge Haaland, Norwegian footballer
- 1977Myriam Boileau, Canadian diver
- 1978Kayvan Novak, English actor
- 1983Nasser Al-Shamrani, Saudi Arabian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.