November 23: Day of the Week
November 23, 2019 is the 327th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 38 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 23 Historical Event(s)
- 534 BCThespis of Icaria becomes the first recorded actor to portray a character onstage.
- 1510First campaign of Ottoman Empire against Kingdom of Imereti (modern western Georgia). Ottoman armies sack its capital Kutaisi and burn Gelati Monastery.
- 1644John Milton publishes Areopagitica, a pamphlet decrying censorship.
- 1914Mexican Revolution: The last of U.S. forces withdraw from Veracruz, occupied seven months earlier in response to the Tampico Affair.
- 1959General Charles de Gaulle, President of France, declares in a speech in Strasbourg his vision for a “Europe, ”from the Atlantic to the Urals.\"
- 1963The BBC broadcasts the first ever episode of Doctor Who (starring William Hartnell) which is the world’s longest running science fiction drama.
- 1976Apneist Jacques Mayol is the first man to reach a depth of 100 m undersea without breathing equipment.
- 1980A series of earthquakes in southern Italy kills approximately 3,000 people.
- 1981Iran-Contra Affair: Ronald Reagan signs the top secret National Security Decision Directive 17 (NSDD-17), giving the Central Intelligence Agency the authority to recruit and support Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
- 2011Arab Spring: After 11 months of protests in Yemen, The Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh Signs a deal to transfer power to the vice president, in exchange for legal immunity.
Who were born on November 23?
- 1705Thomas Birch, English historian (d. 1766)
- 1897Karl Gebhardt, German Nazi figure (d. 1948)
- 1899Manuel dos Reis Machado, Brazilian martial artist (d. 1974)
- 1923Daniel Brewster, American politician (d. 2007)
- 1945Jerry Harris, American sculptor
- 1955Mary Landrieu, American politician
- 1965J. T. the Brick, American sports talk radio host
- 1968Kirsty Young, Scottish television journalist
- 1970Oded Fehr, Israeli actor
- 1980Ishmael Beah, Sierra-Leone born American author
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.