November 23: Day of the Week
November 23, 2019 is the 327th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 38 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Sagittarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1531The Second war of Kappel results in the dissolution of the Protestant alliance in Switzerland.
- 1934An Anglo-Ethiopian boundary commission in the Ogaden discovers an Italian garrison at Walwal, well within Ethiopian territory. This leads to the Abyssinia Crisis.
- 1943World War II: Tarawa and Makin atolls fall to American forces.
- 1955The Cocos Islands are transferred from the control of the United Kingdom to Australia.
- 1972The Soviet Union makes its final attempt at successfully launching N-1 Rocket. The launch is a failure and the rocket is destroyed.
- 1976Apneist Jacques Mayol is the first man to reach a depth of 100 m undersea without breathing equipment.
- 2001The Convention on Cybercrime is signed in Budapest, Hungary.
- 2003Rose Revolution: the Georgian president Eduard Shevardnadze resigns following weeks of mass protests over flawed elections.
- 2009The Maguindanao massacre occurs in Ampatuan, Maguindanao, Mindanao, Philippines
- 2010The Bombardment of Yeonpyeong occurs on Yeonpyeong Island, South Korea. The North Korean artillery attack kills 2 civilians and 2 South Korean marines.
Who were born on November 23?
- 1221King Alfonso X of Castile (d. 1284)
- 1785Jan Roothaan, Dutch priest (d. 1853)
- 1922Manuel Fraga Iribarne, Spanish Galicia politician
- 1930Jack McKeon, American baseball manager
- 1939Betty Everett, American singer (d. 2001)
- 1950Chuck Schumer, American politician
- 1953Johan de Meij, Dutch conductor and composer
- 1964Frank Rutherford, Bahamian athlete
- 1971Khalid Al-Muwallid, Saudi footballer
- 1983Thomas Pridgen, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.