November 25: Day of the Week
November 25, 2021 is the 329th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 36 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EURWEOVVO? Check your answers here: Word search EURWEOVVO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1034Máel Coluim mac Cináeda, King of Scots dies. Donnchad, the son of his daughter Bethóc and Crínán of Dunkeld, inherits the throne.
- 1177Baldwin IV of Jerusalem and Raynald of Chatillon defeat Saladin at the Battle of Montgisard.
- 1758French and Indian War: British forces capture Fort Duquesne from French control. Fort Pitt is built nearby and it grows into modern Pittsburgh.
- 1783American Revolutionary War: The last British troops leave New York City three months after the signing of the Treaty of Paris.
- 1905Prince Carl of Denmark arrives in Norway to become King Haakon VII of Norway.
- 1918Vojvodina, formerly Austro-Hungarian crown land, proclaims its secession from Austria–Hungary to join the Kingdom of Serbia.
- 1940World War II: First flight of the deHavilland Mosquito and Martin B-26 Marauder.
- 1947Red Scare: The “Hollywood Ten” are blacklisted by Hollywood movie studios.
- 1950The Great Appalachian Storm of November 1950, otherwise known at the time as the “Storm of the Century”, strikes New England with hurricane force winds resulting in massive forest blow-downs and storm surge damage along the Northeast coast including New York City. This storm also brings blizzard conditions to the Appalachian Mountains and Ohio Valley, becoming one of the worst storms of all time. 353 people die in the event.
- 2008Cyclone Nisha strikes northern Sri Lanka, killing 15 people and displacing 90,000 others while dealing the region the highest rainfall in 9 decades.
Who were born on November 25?
- 1712Charles-Michel de l'Épée, French philanthropist (d. 1789)
- 1843Henry Ware Eliot American industrialist; father of T. S. Eliot (d. 1919)
- 1883Harvey Spencer Lewis, American mystic (d. 1939)
- 1938Rosanna Schiaffino, Italian actress (d. 2009)
- 1941Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi, Pakistani author and spiritual leader
- 1953Graham Eadie, Australian rugby league player
- 1955Bruno Tonioli, Italian-born British dancer
- 1956Hélène Goudin, Swedish politician
- 1957Bob Ehrlich, American politician, former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Maryland, and the 60th Governor of Maryland
- 1965Dougray Scott, Scottish actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.