November 25: Day of the Week
November 25, 2020 is the 330th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 36 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tyrone’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 25 Historical Event(s)
- 571 BCServius Tullius, king of Rome, celebrates a triumph for his victory over the Etruscans.
- 1667A deadly earthquake rocks Shemakha in the Caucasus, killing 80,000 people.
- 1795Partitions of Poland: Stanislaus August Poniatowski, the last king of independent Poland, is forced to abdicate and is exiled to Russia.
- 1833A massive undersea earthquake, estimated magnitude between 8.7-9.2 rocks Sumatra, producing a massive tsunami all along the Indonesian coast.
- 1874The United States Greenback Party is established as a political party consisting primarily of farmers affected by the Panic of 1873.
- 1926The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history strikes on Thanksgiving day. 27 twisters of great strength are reported in the Midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. There are 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
- 1936In Berlin, Germany and Japan sign the Anti-Comintern Pact, agreeing to consult on measures “to safeguard their common interests” in the case of an unprovoked attack by the Soviet Union against either nation. The pact is renewed on the same day five years later with additional signatories.
- 1943World War II: Statehood of Bosnia and Herzegovina is re-established at the State Anti-Fascist Council for the People’s Liberation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 1958French Sudan gains autonomy as a self-governing member of the French Community.
- 1987Typhoon Nina pummels the Philippines with category 5 winds of 165 mph and a surge that destroys entire villages. At least 1,036 deaths are attributed to the storm.
Who were born on November 25?
- 1841Ernst Schröder, German mathematician (d. 1902)
- 1880Elsie J. Oxenham, British children’s author (d. 1960)
- 1881Jacob Fichman, Romanian-born Israeli poet and essayist (d. 1958)
- 1887Nikolai Vavilov, Russian geneticist (d. 1943)
- 1890Isaac Rosenberg, English war poet and artist (d. 1918)
- 1938Rosanna Schiaffino, Italian actress (d. 2009)
- 1959Charles Kennedy, British politician
- 1967Anthony Nesty, Surinamese swimmer
- 1980Josh Mathews, American professional wrestling personality
- 1992Martin del Rosario, Filipino actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.