November 25: Day of the Week
November 25, 2020 is the 330th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 36 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Angelica’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1034Máel Coluim mac Cináeda, King of Scots dies. Donnchad, the son of his daughter Bethóc and Crínán of Dunkeld, inherits the throne.
- 1703The Great Storm of 1703, the greatest windstorm ever recorded in the southern part of Great Britain, reaches its peak intensity which it maintains through November 27. Winds gust up to 120 mph, and 9,000 people die.
- 1826The Greek frigate Hellas arrives in Nafplion to become the first flagship of the Hellenic Navy.
- 1864American Civil War: A group of Confederate operatives calling themselves the Confederate Army of Manhattan starts fires in more than 20 locations in an unsuccessful attempt to burn down New York City.
- 1905Prince Carl of Denmark arrives in Norway to become King Haakon VII of Norway.
- 1918Vojvodina, formerly Austro-Hungarian crown land, proclaims its secession from Austria–Hungary to join the Kingdom of Serbia.
- 1926The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history strikes on Thanksgiving day. 27 twisters of great strength are reported in the Midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. There are 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
- 1952Agatha Christie’s murder-mystery play The Mousetrap opens at the Ambassadors Theatre in London later becoming the longest continuously-running play in history.
- 2000The 2000 Baku Earthquake takes place, Richter magnitude of 7.0, leaving 26 people dead in Baku, Azerbaijan and becoming the strongest earthquake in the region in 158 years.
- 2009Devastating floods, known as the 2009 Saudi Arabian Floods, following freak rains swamp the city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia during an ongoing Hajj pilgrimage. 3,000 cars are swept away and 122 people perish in the torrents, with 350 others missing.
Who were born on November 25?
- 1697Duchess Maria Karolina Sobieska of Bouillon (d. 1740)
- 1938Rosanna Schiaffino, Italian actress (d. 2009)
- 1941Rein Jan Hoekstra, Dutch politician and Chief of Staff to Prime Minister Ruud Lubbers
- 1948Lars Eighner, American author
- 1952Imran Khan, Pakistani test cricketer
- 1960John F. Kennedy, Jr., American publisher; son of John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy (d. 1999)
- 1980Aaron Mokoena, South African footballer
- 1985Remona Fransen, Dutch athlete
- 1987Roderick Anthony Burton II (a.k.a. Dolla), American rapper (d. 2009)
- 1991Jamie Grace, American singer-songwriter and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.