November 25: Day of the Week
November 25, 2019 is the 329th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 36 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 25 Historical Event(s)
- 571 BCServius Tullius, king of Rome, celebrates a triumph for his victory over the Etruscans.
- 1826The Greek frigate Hellas arrives in Nafplion to become the first flagship of the Hellenic Navy.
- 1833A massive undersea earthquake, estimated magnitude between 8.7-9.2 rocks Sumatra, producing a massive tsunami all along the Indonesian coast.
- 1864American Civil War: A group of Confederate operatives calling themselves the Confederate Army of Manhattan starts fires in more than 20 locations in an unsuccessful attempt to burn down New York City.
- 1936In Berlin, Germany and Japan sign the Anti-Comintern Pact, agreeing to consult on measures “to safeguard their common interests” in the case of an unprovoked attack by the Soviet Union against either nation. The pact is renewed on the same day five years later with additional signatories.
- 1952Agatha Christie’s murder-mystery play The Mousetrap opens at the Ambassadors Theatre in London later becoming the longest continuously-running play in history.
- 1963President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1987Typhoon Nina pummels the Philippines with category 5 winds of 165 mph and a surge that destroys entire villages. At least 1,036 deaths are attributed to the storm.
- 1996An ice storm strikes the central U.S. killing 26 people. A powerful windstorm affects Florida and winds gust over 90 mph, toppling trees and flipping trailers.
- 2009Devastating floods, known as the 2009 Saudi Arabian Floods, following freak rains swamp the city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia during an ongoing Hajj pilgrimage. 3,000 cars are swept away and 122 people perish in the torrents, with 350 others missing.
Who were born on November 25?
- 1703Jean-François Séguier, French astronomer and botanist (d. 1784)
- 1817John Bigelow, American statesman and author (d. 1911)
- 1876Princess Victoria Melita of Edinburgh and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Grand Duchess of Hesse (d. 1936)
- 1913Lewis Thomas, American physician and essayist (d. 1993)
- 1917Luigi Poggi, Italian archivist for the Vatican (d. 2010)
- 1941Rein Jan Hoekstra, Dutch politician and Chief of Staff to Prime Minister Ruud Lubbers
- 1960Kasey Smith, American keyboardist (Danger Danger)
- 1963Bernie Kosar, American football player
- 1965Dougray Scott, Scottish actor
- 1983Kirsty Crawford, Scottish singer/songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.