November 25: Day of the Week
November 25, 2020 is the 330th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 36 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Wade’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1034Máel Coluim mac Cináeda, King of Scots dies. Donnchad, the son of his daughter Bethóc and Crínán of Dunkeld, inherits the throne.
- 1758French and Indian War: British forces capture Fort Duquesne from French control. Fort Pitt is built nearby and it grows into modern Pittsburgh.
- 1839A cyclone slams India with high winds and a 40 foot storm surge, destroying the port city of Coringa (which has never been completely rebuilt). The storm wave sweeps inland, taking with it 20,000 ships and thousands of people. An estimated 300,000 deaths result from the disaster.
- 1876Indian Wars: In retaliation for the American defeat at the Battle of the Little Bighorn, United States Army troops sack Chief Dull Knife’s sleeping Cheyenne village at the headwaters of the Powder River.
- 1940World War II: First flight of the deHavilland Mosquito and Martin B-26 Marauder.
- 1950The Great Appalachian Storm of November 1950, otherwise known at the time as the “Storm of the Century”, strikes New England with hurricane force winds resulting in massive forest blow-downs and storm surge damage along the Northeast coast including New York City. This storm also brings blizzard conditions to the Appalachian Mountains and Ohio Valley, becoming one of the worst storms of all time. 353 people die in the event.
- 1963President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1977Former Senator Benigno Aquino, Jr. is found guilty by the Philippine Military Commission No. 2 and is sentenced to death by firing squad.
- 198436 top musicians gather in a Notting Hill studio and record Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas in order to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- 2000The 2000 Baku Earthquake takes place, Richter magnitude of 7.0, leaving 26 people dead in Baku, Azerbaijan and becoming the strongest earthquake in the region in 158 years.
Who were born on November 25?
- 1874Joe Gans, American boxer (d. 1910)
- 1904Ba Jin, Chinese novelist (d. 2005)
- 1907John Stuart Hindmarsh, British racing driver and aviator (d. 1938)
- 1941Rein Jan Hoekstra, Dutch politician and Chief of Staff to Prime Minister Ruud Lubbers
- 1944Ben Stein, American actor
- 1952John Lynch, American politician and the 80th Governor of New Hampshire
- 1962Gilbert Delorme, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1976Donovan McNabb, American football player
- 1980Steffen Thier, German rugby player
- 1992Ana Bogdan, Romanian tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.