November 30: Day of the Week
November 30, 2020 is the 335th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 31 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GGEXUXAJG? Check your answers here: Unscramble words GGEXUXAJG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1782American Revolutionary War: Treaty of Paris – In Paris, representatives from the United States and the Kingdom of Great Britain sign preliminary peace articles (later formalized as the 1783 Treaty of Paris).
- 1786Peter Leopold Joseph of Habsburg-Lorraine, Grand Duke of Tuscany, promulgates a penal reform making his country the first state to abolish the death penalty. Consequently, November 30 is commemorated by 300 cities around the world as Cities for Life Day.
- 1886The Folies Bergère stages its first revue.
- 1916Costa Rica becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1966Barbados becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1967The People’s Republic of South Yemen becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1982Michael Jackson’s Thriller, the best-selling album of all time, is released.
- 1993U.S. President Bill Clinton signs the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Bill) into law.
- 2001In Renton, Washington, United States, Gary Ridgway aka The Green River Killer is arrested.
- 2004Longtime Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings of Salt Lake City, Utah finally loses, leaving him with US$ 2,520,700, television’s biggest game show winnings.
Who were born on November 30?
- 1821Frederick Temple, 95th Archbishop of Canterbury (d. 1902)
- 1825William-Adolphe Bouguereau, French academic painter (d. 1905)
- 1840Henry Birks, Canadian businessman (d. 1928)
- 1915Henry Taube, Canadian-born chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2005)
- 1943Terrence Malick, American director and screenwriter
- 1945Roger Glover, British bassist (Deep Purple)
- 1952Mandy Patinkin, American actor and singer
- 1954Simonetta Stefanelli, Italian actress (The Godfather)
- 1957Colin Mochrie, Scottish-born Canadian comedian
- 1957Margaret Spellings, American politician and 8th United States Secretary of Education
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.