November 30: Day of the Week
November 30, 2021 is the 334th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 31 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IDSPRPOZUKE? Check your answers here: Word scramble IDSPRPOZUKE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1718Swedish king Charles XII dies during a siege of the fortress Fredriksten in Norway.
- 1803In New Orleans, Louisiana, Spanish representatives officially transfer the Louisiana Territory to a French representative. Just 20 days later, France transfers the same land to the United States as the Louisiana Purchase.
- 1829First Welland Canal opens for a trial run, 5 years to the day from the ground breaking.
- 1853Crimean War: Battle of Sinop – The Imperial Russian Navy under Pavel Nakhimov destroys the Ottoman fleet under Osman Pasha at Sinop, a sea port in northern Turkey.
- 1934The steam locomotive Flying Scotsman becomes the first to officially exceed 100mph.
- 1939Winter War: Soviet forces cross the Finnish border in several places and bomb Helsinki and several other Finnish cities, starting the war.
- 1942World War II: Guadalcanal Campaign: Battle of Tassafaronga – A smaller squadron of Japanese destroyers led by Raizō Tanaka defeats a US cruiser force under Carleton H. Wright.
- 19471947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
- 1982Michael Jackson’s Thriller, the best-selling album of all time, is released.
- 1995Official end of Operation Desert Storm.
Who were born on November 30?
- 1810Oliver Winchester, American gunsmith (d. 1880)
- 1889Edgar Douglas Adrian, British physiologist, Nobel laureate (d. 1977)
- 1906Andrés Henestrosa, Mexican writer (d. 2008)
- 1943Terrence Malick, American director and screenwriter
- 1955Andy Gray, Scottish footballer
- 1962Bo Jackson, American football and baseball player
- 1968Des'ree, English singer
- 1976Josh Lewsey, English rugby union footballer
- 1978Gael García Bernal, Mexican actor
- 1987Christel Khalil, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.