November 30: Day of the Week
November 30, 2022 is the 334th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 31 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FESISIMBIK? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters FESISIMBIK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1783A 5.3 magnitude earthquake strikes New Jersey.
- 1829First Welland Canal opens for a trial run, 5 years to the day from the ground breaking.
- 1872The first-ever international football match takes place at Hamilton Crescent, Glasgow, between Scotland and England.
- 1902American Old West: Second-in-command of Butch Cassidy’s Wild Bunch gang, Kid Curry Logan, is sentenced to 20 years imprisonment with hard labor.
- 1916Costa Rica becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1942World War II: Guadalcanal Campaign: Battle of Tassafaronga – A smaller squadron of Japanese destroyers led by Raizō Tanaka defeats a US cruiser force under Carleton H. Wright.
- 19471947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
- 1967The People’s Republic of South Yemen becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1999In Seattle, Washington, United States, protests against the WTO meeting by anti-globalization protesters catch police unprepared and force the cancellation of opening ceremonies.
- 2004Lion Air Flight 538 crash lands in Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia, killing 26.
Who were born on November 30?
- 1554Philip Sidney, English courtier, soldier, and writer (d. 1586)
- 1723William Livingston, revolutionary Governor of New Jersey (d. 1790)
- 1869Nils Gustaf Dalén, Swedish physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1937)
- 1930G. Gordon Liddy, American Watergate operative and talk radio host
- 1932Cho Namchul, South Korean professional Go player (d. 2006)
- 1937Adeline Yen Mah, Chinese writer
- 1937Ridley Scott, British film director
- 1952Mandy Patinkin, American actor and singer
- 1971Ray Durham, American baseball player
- 1985Kaley Cuoco, American actress and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.