November 30: Day of the Week
November 30, 2021 was the 334th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 31 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EJDBUI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EJDBUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Franklin – The Army of Tennessee led by General John Bell Hood mounts a dramatically unsuccessful frontal assault on Union positions commanded by John McAllister Schofield around Franklin, Tennessee, with Hood losing six generals and almost a third of his troops.
- 1916Costa Rica becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1936In London, the Crystal Palace is destroyed by fire.
- 19471947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
- 1966Barbados becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1981Cold War: In Geneva, representatives from the United States and the Soviet Union begin to negotiate intermediate-range nuclear weapon reductions in Europe (the meetings ended inconclusively on December 17).
- 1993U.S. President Bill Clinton signs the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Bill) into law.
- 1998Exxon and Mobil sign a $73.7 billion USD agreement to merge, thus creating Exxon-Mobil, the world’s largest company.
- 1999In Seattle, Washington, United States, protests against the WTO meeting by anti-globalization protesters catch police unprepared and force the cancellation of opening ceremonies.
- 2005John Sentamu becomes the first black archbishop in the Church of England with his enthronement as the 97th Archbishop of York.
Who were born on November 30?
- 1821Frederick Temple, 95th Archbishop of Canterbury (d. 1902)
- 1915Brownie McGhee, American blues musician (d. 1996)
- 1929Dick Clark, American television host
- 1937Ridley Scott, British film director
- 1951June Chadwick, British actress
- 1953June Pointer, American singer (Pointer Sisters) (d. 2006)
- 1955Billy Idol (born William Michael Albert Broad), British musician
- 1955Kevin Conroy, American actor (Batman in the DC animated universe)
- 1971Tonči Boban, Croatian footballer
- 1985Kaley Cuoco, American actress and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.