November 30: Day of the Week
November 30, 2019 is the 334th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 31 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Herman’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1824First ground is broken at Allenburg for the building of the original Welland Canal.
- 1853Crimean War: Battle of Sinop – The Imperial Russian Navy under Pavel Nakhimov destroys the Ottoman fleet under Osman Pasha at Sinop, a sea port in northern Turkey.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Franklin – The Army of Tennessee led by General John Bell Hood mounts a dramatically unsuccessful frontal assault on Union positions commanded by John McAllister Schofield around Franklin, Tennessee, with Hood losing six generals and almost a third of his troops.
- 1934The steam locomotive Flying Scotsman becomes the first to officially exceed 100mph.
- 1936In London, the Crystal Palace is destroyed by fire.
- 19471947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
- 1953Edward Mutesa II, the kabaka (king) of Buganda is deposed and exiled to London by Sir Andrew Cohen, Governor of Uganda.
- 1994MS Achille Lauro fire off Somalia coast.
- 1995Official end of Operation Desert Storm.
- 1999In Seattle, Washington, United States, protests against the WTO meeting by anti-globalization protesters catch police unprepared and force the cancellation of opening ceremonies.
Who were born on November 30?
- 1466Andrea Doria, Italian naval leader (d. 1560)
- 1554Philip Sidney, English courtier, soldier, and writer (d. 1586)
- 1945Radu Lupu, Romanian concert pianist
- 1957Joël Champetier, French Canadian author
- 1971Iván Rodríguez, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1971Tonči Boban, Croatian footballer
- 1976Marco Castro, American film director
- 1982Clémence Poésy, French actress
- 1983Andy Akinwolere, English television presenter
- 1984Francisco Sandaza, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.