November 30: Day of the Week
November 30, 2019 is the 334th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 31 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1803In New Orleans, Louisiana, Spanish representatives officially transfer the Louisiana Territory to a French representative. Just 20 days later, France transfers the same land to the United States as the Louisiana Purchase.
- 1936In London, the Crystal Palace is destroyed by fire.
- 1971Iran seizes the Greater and Lesser Tunbs from the United Arab Emirates.
- 1982Michael Jackson’s Thriller, the best-selling album of all time, is released.
- 1989Deutsche Bank board member Alfred Herrhausen is killed by a Red Army Faction terrorist bomb.
- 1993U.S. President Bill Clinton signs the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Bill) into law.
- 1994MS Achille Lauro fire off Somalia coast.
- 1998Exxon and Mobil sign a $73.7 billion USD agreement to merge, thus creating Exxon-Mobil, the world’s largest company.
- 1999In Seattle, Washington, United States, protests against the WTO meeting by anti-globalization protesters catch police unprepared and force the cancellation of opening ceremonies.
- 2005John Sentamu becomes the first black archbishop in the Church of England with his enthronement as the 97th Archbishop of York.
Who were born on November 30?
- 1364John FitzAlan, 2nd Baron Arundel, English soldier (d. 1390)
- 1836Lord Frederick Cavendish, British politician (d. 1882)
- 1847Afonso Augusto Moreira Pena, 6th President of Brazil (d. 1909)
- 1907Jacques Barzun, French-born historian and author
- 1924Elliott Blackstone, American gay and lesbian rights activist (d. 2006)
- 1929Dick Clark, American television host
- 1937Tom Simpson, British cyclist (d. 1967)
- 1957Richard Barbieri, British keyboardist (Porcupine Tree)
- 1958Juliette Bergmann, Dutch bodybuilder
- 1964Jushin Liger, Japanese professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.