November 30: Day of the Week
November 30, 2020 is the 335th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 31 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Luther’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1718Swedish king Charles XII dies during a siege of the fortress Fredriksten in Norway.
- 1786Peter Leopold Joseph of Habsburg-Lorraine, Grand Duke of Tuscany, promulgates a penal reform making his country the first state to abolish the death penalty. Consequently, November 30 is commemorated by 300 cities around the world as Cities for Life Day.
- 1853Crimean War: Battle of Sinop – The Imperial Russian Navy under Pavel Nakhimov destroys the Ottoman fleet under Osman Pasha at Sinop, a sea port in northern Turkey.
- 1868The inauguration of a statue of King Charles XII of Sweden takes place in the King’s garden in Stockholm.
- 1902American Old West: Second-in-command of Butch Cassidy’s Wild Bunch gang, Kid Curry Logan, is sentenced to 20 years imprisonment with hard labor.
- 1940Lucille Ball marries Desi Arnaz in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- 19471947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
- 1972Vietnam War: White House Press Secretary Ron Ziegler tells the press that there will be no more public announcements concerning American troop withdrawals from Vietnam due to the fact that troop levels are now down to 27,000.
- 1995Official end of Operation Desert Storm.
- 2005John Sentamu becomes the first black archbishop in the Church of England with his enthronement as the 97th Archbishop of York.
Who were born on November 30?
- 1670John Toland, Irish philosopher (d. 1722)
- 1924Elliott Blackstone, American gay and lesbian rights activist (d. 2006)
- 1929Dick Clark, American television host
- 1937Adeline Yen Mah, Chinese writer
- 1949Vlassis Bonatsos, Greek entertainer (d. 2004)
- 1960Bob Tewksbury, American baseball player
- 1966David Nicholls, English novelist and screenwriter
- 1968Laurent Jalabert, French cyclist
- 1976Marco Castro, American film director
- 1981Billy Lush, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.