November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2020 is the 309th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BRLUHETZAUNE? Check your answers here: Word search BRLUHETZAUNE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1847Sir James Young Simpson, a British physician, discovers the anaesthetic properties of chloroform.
- 1939World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders the United States Customs Service to implement the Neutrality Act of 1939, allowing cash-and-carry purchases of weapons by belligerents.
- 1942World War II: Second Battle of El Alamein – Disobeying a direct order by Adolf Hitler, General Field Marshal Erwin Rommel leads his forces on a five-month retreat.
- 1944World War II: Bitola Liberation Day
- 1962In a test of the Nike-Hercules air defense missile, Shot Dominic-Tightrope is successfully detonated 69,000 feet above Johnston Island. It would also be the last atmospheric nuclear test conducted by the United States.
- 1970Genie, a 13-year-old feral child is found in Los Angeles, California having been locked in her bedroom for most of her life.
- 1970Vietnam War: Vietnamization – The United States turns control of the Binh Thuy Air Base in the Mekong Delta over to South Vietnam.
- 1973The Netherlands experiences the first Car Free Sunday caused by the 1973 oil crisis. Highways are deserted and are used only by cyclists and roller skaters.
- 1993A China Airlines Boeing 747 overruns Runway 13 at Hong Kong’s Kai Tak International Airport while landing during a typhoon, injuring 22 people.
- 2002Chinese authorities arrest cyber-dissident He Depu for signing a pro-democracy letter to the 16th Communist Party Congress.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1884Harry Ferguson, British aviator and inventor (d. 1960)
- 1904Tadeusz Żyliński, Polish technician and textilist (d. 1967)
- 1919Martin Balsam, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1936C. K. Williams, American poet
- 1946Laura Bush, former First Lady of the United States
- 1963Michel Therrien, Canadian ice hockey coach
- 1970Bethenny Frankel, American chef and television personality
- 1975Éric Fichaud, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1975Heather Tom, American actress
- 1976Bruno Junqueira, Brazilian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.