November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2019 is the 308th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1501Catherine of Aragon (later Henry VIII’s first wife) meets Arthur Tudor, Henry VIII’s older brother – they would later marry.
- 1861The University of Washington opens in Seattle, Washington as the Territorial University.
- 1890City & South London Railway: London’s first deep-level tube railway opens between King William Street and Stockwell.
- 1921The Sturmabteilung or SA, whose members were known as “brownshirts”, physically assault Adolf Hitler’s opposition after his speech in Munich.
- 1922In Egypt, British archaeologist Howard Carter and his men find the entrance to Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
- 1944World War II: Bitola Liberation Day
- 1960At the Kasakela Chimpanzee Community in Tanzania, Dr. Jane Goodall observes chimpanzees creating tools, the first-ever observation in non-human animals.
- 1994San Francisco: First conference that focuses exclusively on the subject of the commercial potential of the World Wide Web.
- 2002Chinese authorities arrest cyber-dissident He Depu for signing a pro-democracy letter to the 16th Communist Party Congress.
- 2008Proposition 8 passes in California, revoking state recognition of LGBT marriages.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1740Augustus Montague Toplady, English author of hymn “Rock of Ages” (d. 1778)
- 1907Draga Matkovic, German concert pianist
- 1943Bob Wollek, French race car driver (d. 2001)
- 1956James Honeyman-Scott, English guitarist (The Pretenders) (d. 1982)
- 1957Tony Abbott, Australian politician
- 1962Jeff Probst, American television host
- 1965Pata, Japanese musician
- 1970Tim DeBoom, American triathlete
- 1976Peter Van Houdt, Belgian footballer
- 1977Tonicha Jeronimo, British actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.