November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2022 is the 308th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HYHUIERESGNO? Check your answers here: Word search HYHUIERESGNO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Eighty Years’ War: In Flanders, Spain captures Antwerp (after three days the city is nearly destroyed).
- 1677The future Mary II of England marries William, Prince of Orange. They would later jointly reign as William and Mary.
- 1942World War II: Second Battle of El Alamein – Disobeying a direct order by Adolf Hitler, General Field Marshal Erwin Rommel leads his forces on a five-month retreat.
- 1952The United States government establishes the National Security Agency.
- 1955After being destroyed in World War II, the rebuilt Vienna State Opera reopens with a performance of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- 1966The Arno River flooded Florence, Italy, to a maximum depth of 6.7 m, leaving thousands homeless and destroying millions of masterpieces of art and rare books.
- 1970Genie, a 13-year-old feral child is found in Los Angeles, California having been locked in her bedroom for most of her life.
- 1973The Netherlands experiences the first Car Free Sunday caused by the 1973 oil crisis. Highways are deserted and are used only by cyclists and roller skaters.
- 1994San Francisco: First conference that focuses exclusively on the subject of the commercial potential of the World Wide Web.
- 1995Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin is assassinated by an extremist Orthodox Israeli.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1448King Alphonso II of Naples (d. 1495)
- 1918Art Carney, American actor (d. 2003)
- 1928Hannah Weiner American experimental poet (d. 1997)
- 1939Shakuntala Devi, Indian calculating prodigy
- 1946Laura Bush, former First Lady of the United States
- 1957Tony Abbott, Australian politician
- 1968Carlos Baerga, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1970Bethenny Frankel, American chef and television personality
- 1974Louise Redknapp, English singer, television presenter
- 1977Hannelore Knuts, Belgian fashion model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.