November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2019 is the 308th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Eighty Years’ War: In Flanders, Spain captures Antwerp (after three days the city is nearly destroyed).
- 1677The future Mary II of England marries William, Prince of Orange. They would later jointly reign as William and Mary.
- 1737The Teatro di San Carlo is inaugurated.
- 1847Sir James Young Simpson, a British physician, discovers the anaesthetic properties of chloroform.
- 1852Count Camillo Benso di Cavour becomes the prime minister of Piedmont-Sardinia, which soon expands to become Italy.
- 1922In Egypt, British archaeologist Howard Carter and his men find the entrance to Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
- 1960At the Kasakela Chimpanzee Community in Tanzania, Dr. Jane Goodall observes chimpanzees creating tools, the first-ever observation in non-human animals.
- 1962In a test of the Nike-Hercules air defense missile, Shot Dominic-Tightrope is successfully detonated 69,000 feet above Johnston Island. It would also be the last atmospheric nuclear test conducted by the United States.
- 1994San Francisco: First conference that focuses exclusively on the subject of the commercial potential of the World Wide Web.
- 2008Proposition 8 passes in California, revoking state recognition of LGBT marriages.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1740Augustus Montague Toplady, English author of hymn “Rock of Ages” (d. 1778)
- 1916Walter Cronkite, American news broadcaster (d. 2009)
- 1923Freddy Heineken, Dutch businessman (d. 2002)
- 1937Loretta Swit, American actress
- 1939Shakuntala Devi, Indian calculating prodigy
- 1951Cosey Fanni Tutti, English performance artist (Throbbing Gristle, Chris and Cosey)
- 1959Ken Kirzinger, Canadian actor and stuntman
- 1962Jeff Probst, American television host
- 1969Matthew McConaughey, American actor
- 1977Hannelore Knuts, Belgian fashion model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.