November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2019 is the 308th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Eighty Years’ War: In Flanders, Spain captures Antwerp (after three days the city is nearly destroyed).
- 1852Count Camillo Benso di Cavour becomes the prime minister of Piedmont-Sardinia, which soon expands to become Italy.
- 1890City & South London Railway: London’s first deep-level tube railway opens between King William Street and Stockwell.
- 1918World War I: Austria-Hungary surrenders to Italy.
- 1921Japanese Prime Minister Hara Takashi is assassinated in Tokyo.
- 1924Nellie Tayloe Ross of Wyoming is elected the first female governor in the United States.
- 1960At the Kasakela Chimpanzee Community in Tanzania, Dr. Jane Goodall observes chimpanzees creating tools, the first-ever observation in non-human animals.
- 1962In a test of the Nike-Hercules air defense missile, Shot Dominic-Tightrope is successfully detonated 69,000 feet above Johnston Island. It would also be the last atmospheric nuclear test conducted by the United States.
- 1973The Netherlands experiences the first Car Free Sunday caused by the 1973 oil crisis. Highways are deserted and are used only by cyclists and roller skaters.
- 2008Proposition 8 passes in California, revoking state recognition of LGBT marriages.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1909Evelyn Johnson, American aviator
- 1912Vadim Salmanov, Russian composer (d. 1978)
- 1944Scherrie Payne, American singer (The Supremes)
- 1953Richie Green, Canadian actor
- 1956Tom Greenhalgh, multimedia artist and singer-songwriter known for his work with the Mekons
- 1962Jeff Probst, American television host
- 1965Wayne Static, American musician (Static-X)
- 1970Tim DeBoom, American triathlete
- 1972Luís Figo, Portuguese footballer
- 1980Marcy Rylan, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.