November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2019 is the 308th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kirsten’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Eighty Years’ War: In Flanders, Spain captures Antwerp (after three days the city is nearly destroyed).
- 1677The future Mary II of England marries William, Prince of Orange. They would later jointly reign as William and Mary.
- 1737The Teatro di San Carlo is inaugurated.
- 1847Sir James Young Simpson, a British physician, discovers the anaesthetic properties of chloroform.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Johnsonville – Confederate troops bombard a Union supply base and destroy millions of dollars in material.
- 1921Japanese Prime Minister Hara Takashi is assassinated in Tokyo.
- 1922In Egypt, British archaeologist Howard Carter and his men find the entrance to Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
- 1939World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders the United States Customs Service to implement the Neutrality Act of 1939, allowing cash-and-carry purchases of weapons by belligerents.
- 1960At the Kasakela Chimpanzee Community in Tanzania, Dr. Jane Goodall observes chimpanzees creating tools, the first-ever observation in non-human animals.
- 1993A China Airlines Boeing 747 overruns Runway 13 at Hong Kong’s Kai Tak International Airport while landing during a typhoon, injuring 22 people.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1930Dick Groat, American baseball player
- 1930John Hahn-Petersen, Danish actor (d. 2006)
- 1940Delbert McClinton, American musician
- 1963Lena Zavaroni, Scottish artist and singer (d. 1999)
- 1965Pata, Japanese musician
- 1968Carlos Baerga, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1969Matthew McConaughey, American actor
- 1970Bethenny Frankel, American chef and television personality
- 1975Éric Fichaud, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1978John Grabow, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.