November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2022 is the 308th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HDIHOO? Check your answers here: Word scramble HDIHOO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1852Count Camillo Benso di Cavour becomes the prime minister of Piedmont-Sardinia, which soon expands to become Italy.
- 1861The University of Washington opens in Seattle, Washington as the Territorial University.
- 1890City & South London Railway: London’s first deep-level tube railway opens between King William Street and Stockwell.
- 1921Japanese Prime Minister Hara Takashi is assassinated in Tokyo.
- 1942World War II: Second Battle of El Alamein – Disobeying a direct order by Adolf Hitler, General Field Marshal Erwin Rommel leads his forces on a five-month retreat.
- 1955After being destroyed in World War II, the rebuilt Vienna State Opera reopens with a performance of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- 1970Genie, a 13-year-old feral child is found in Los Angeles, California having been locked in her bedroom for most of her life.
- 1970Vietnam War: Vietnamization – The United States turns control of the Binh Thuy Air Base in the Mekong Delta over to South Vietnam.
- 1973The Netherlands experiences the first Car Free Sunday caused by the 1973 oil crisis. Highways are deserted and are used only by cyclists and roller skaters.
- 2008Proposition 8 passes in California, revoking state recognition of LGBT marriages.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1923Freddy Heineken, Dutch businessman (d. 2002)
- 1932Thomas Klestil, former President of Austria (d. 2004)
- 1936C. K. Williams, American poet
- 1955Matti Vanhanen, Finnish politician, former Prime Minister
- 1957Tony Abbott, Australian politician
- 1961Ralph Macchio, American actor
- 1965Jeff Scott Soto, American musician (Yngwie Malmsteen, Journey)
- 1970Malena Ernman, Swedish opera singer
- 1978John Grabow, American baseball player
- 1980Richard Owens, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.