November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2020 is the 309th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Maya’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Eighty Years’ War: In Flanders, Spain captures Antwerp (after three days the city is nearly destroyed).
- 1737The Teatro di San Carlo is inaugurated.
- 1791The Western Confederacy of American Indians wins a major victory over the United States in the Battle of the Wabash.
- 1839The Newport Rising: the last large-scale armed rebellion against authority in mainland Britain.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Johnsonville – Confederate troops bombard a Union supply base and destroy millions of dollars in material.
- 1918World War I: Austria-Hungary surrenders to Italy.
- 1921The Italian unknown soldier is buried in the Altare della Patria (Fatherland Altar) in Rome.
- 1921The Sturmabteilung or SA, whose members were known as “brownshirts”, physically assault Adolf Hitler’s opposition after his speech in Munich.
- 1944World War II: Bitola Liberation Day
- 1979Iran hostage crisis begins: a group of Iranians, mostly students, invades the US embassy in Tehran and takes 90 hostages (53 of whom are American).
Who were born on November 4?
- 1661Karl III Philip, Elector Palatine (d. 1742)
- 1809Benjamin Robbins Curtis, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (d. 1874)
- 1904Tadeusz Żyliński, Polish technician and textilist (d. 1967)
- 1932Thomas Klestil, former President of Austria (d. 2004)
- 1951Cosey Fanni Tutti, English performance artist (Throbbing Gristle, Chris and Cosey)
- 1956James Honeyman-Scott, English guitarist (The Pretenders) (d. 1982)
- 1956Jordan Rudess, American musician (Dream Theater)
- 1975Éric Fichaud, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1979Audrey Hollander, American pornographic actress
- 1981Vince Wilfork, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.