October 12: Day of the Week
October 12, 2019 is the 285th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 80 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1216King John of England loses his crown jewels in The Wash, probably near Fosdyke, perhaps near Sutton Bridge
- 1654The Delft Explosion devastates the city in the Netherlands, killing more than 100 people.
- 1773America‘s first insane asylum opens for 'Persons of Insane and Disordered Minds’in Virginia
- 1810First Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
- 1918A massive forest fire kills 453 people in Minnesota.
- 1962Infamous Columbus Day Storm strikes the U.S. Pacific Northwest with record wind velocities; 46 dead and at least U.S. $230 million in damages
- 1967Vietnam War: US Secretary of State Dean Rusk states during a news conference that proposals by the U.S. Congress for peace initiatives are futile because of North Vietnam’s opposition
- 1988Jaffna University Helidrop: Commandos of Indian Peace Keeping Force raided the Jaffna University campus to capture the LTTE chief and walked into a trap.
- 1999The former Autonomous Soviet Republic of Abkhazia declares its independence from Georgia
- 2002Terrorists detonate bombs in the Sari Club in Kuta, Bali, killing 202 and wounding over 300.
Who were born on October 12?
- 1917Roque Máspoli, Uruguayan footballer (d. 2004)
- 1932Dick Gregory, American comedian and activist
- 1950Susan Anton, American actress
- 1951Sally Little, South-African-born American golfer
- 1955Aggie MacKenzie, Scottish television presenter
- 1957Kristen Bjorn, British film director
- 1958Steve Austria, American politician
- 1962John Coleman, English football manager and player
- 1966Wim Jonk, Dutch football player
- 1979Jordan Pundik, American singer (New Found Glory)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.