October 12: Day of the Week
October 12, 2019 is the 285th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 80 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
October 12 Historical Event(s)
- 539 BCThe army of Cyrus the Great of Persia takes Babylon.
- 1279Nichiren, a Japanese Buddhist monk founder of Nichiren Buddhism, inscribes the Dai-Gohonzon
- 1582Because of the implementation of the Gregorian calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1793The cornerstone of Old East, the oldest state university building in the United States, is laid on the campus of the University of North Carolina
- 1822Peter I of Brazil is proclaimed the emperor of the Brazil
- 1928An iron lung respirator is used for the first time at Children’s Hospital, Boston
- 1933The United States Army Disciplinary Barracks on Alcatraz Island, is acquired by the United States Department of Justice
- 1945World War II: Desmond Doss is the first conscientious objector to receive the U.S. Medal of Honor.
- 1960Cold War: Nikita Khrushchev pounds his shoe on a desk at United Nations General Assembly meeting to protest a Philippine assertion of Soviet Union colonial policy being conducted in Eastern Europe
- 1991Askar Akayev, previously chosen President of Kyrgyzstan by republic’s Supreme Soviet, is confirmed president in an uncontested poll.
Who were born on October 12?
- 1815William J. Hardee, American Confederate general (d. 1873)
- 1920Christy Ring, Irish hurler (d. 1979)
- 1950Caroline Ellis, English actress
- 1955Jane Siberry, Canadian musician
- 1963Raimond Aumann, German footballer
- 1966Wim Jonk, Dutch football player
- 1968Adam Rich, American actor
- 1974Marie Wilson, Canadian actress
- 1985Mike Green, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1986Emmanuel Nwachi, Nigerian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.