October 13: Day of the Week
October 13, 2018 was the 286th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 79 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 13 Historical Event(s)
- 54Roman Emperor Claudius is poisoned to death under mysterious circumstances. His 17-year-old stepson Nero succeeds him to the Roman throne
- 1307Hundreds of Knights Templar in France are simultaneously arrested by agents of Phillip the Fair, to be later tortured into a “confession” of heresy.
- 1812War of 1812: Battle of Queenston Heights – As part of the Niagara campaign in Ontario, Canada, United States forces under General Stephen Van Rensselaer are repulsed from invading Canada by British and native troops led by Sir Isaac Brock.
- 1843In New York City, Henry Jones and 11 others found B'nai B'rith (the oldest Jewish service organization in the world).
- 1884Greenwich, in London, England, is established as Universal Time meridian of longitude.
- 1921The Soviet republics of Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia sign the Treaty of Kars with the Grand National Assembly of Turkey to establish the contemporary borders between Turkey and the South Caucasus states.
- 1946France adopts the constitution of the Fourth Republic.
- 1967The first game in the history of the American Basketball Association is played as the Anaheim Amigos lose to the Oakland Oaks 134-129 in Oakland, California.
- 1977Four Palestinians hijack Lufthansa Flight 181 to Somalia and demand release of 11 members of the Red Army Faction.
- 1999The United States Senate rejects ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
Who were born on October 13?
- 1162Leonora of England, Queen of Castile (d. 1214)
- 1566Richard Boyle, 1st Earl of Cork, Irish politician (d. 1643)
- 1913Igor Torkar, Slovenian writer (d. 2004)
- 1932Johnny Lytle, jazz vibraphonist and drummer (d. 1995)
- 1940Pharoah Sanders, American saxophonist
- 1944Robert Lamm, American musician (Chicago)
- 1948John Ford Coley, American musician
- 1949Rick Vito, American guitarist and singer
- 1982Ian Thorpe, Australian swimmer
- 1989Breno Borges, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.