October 13: Day of the Week
October 13, 2019 is the 286th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 79 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
October 13 Historical Event(s)
- 54Roman Emperor Claudius is poisoned to death under mysterious circumstances. His 17-year-old stepson Nero succeeds him to the Roman throne
- 1792In Washington, D.C., the cornerstone of the United States Executive Mansion (known as the White House since 1818) is laid.
- 1845A majority of voters in the Republic of Texas approve a proposed constitution, that if accepted by the U.S. Congress, will make Texas a U.S. state.
- 1881Revival of the Hebrew language as Eliezer Ben-Yehuda and friends agree to use Hebrew exclusively in their conversations.
- 1915The Battle for the Hohenzollern Redoubt marks the end of the Battle of Loos in northern France, World War I.
- 1917The “Miracle of the Sun” is witnessed by an estimated 70,000 people in the Cova da Iria in Fátima, Portugal.
- 1923Ankara replaces Istanbul as the capital of Turkey.
- 1983Ameritech Mobile Communications (now AT&T) launched the first US cellular network in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1992An Antonov An-124 operated by Antonov Airlines registered SSSR-82002, crashes near Kiev, Ukraine killing 8.
- 1999The United States Senate rejects ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
Who were born on October 13?
- 1613Luisa of Medina-Sidonia, queen of Portugal (d. 1666)
- 1820John William Dawson, Canadian geologist (d. 1899)
- 1933Queen Narriman, Egyptian royalty (d. 2005)
- 1939Melinda Dillon, American actress
- 1947Jerry Trupiano, American sports broadcaster
- 1953Pat Day, American jockey
- 1954Frank Dunn, American artist
- 1957Reggie Theus, American basketball player and head coach
- 1960Tim Brewster, American football coach
- 1984Frank Simek, American footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.