October 13: Day of the Week
October 13, 2020 is the 287th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 79 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alfredo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1710Port Royal, the capital of French Acadia, falls in a siege by British forces.
- 1845A majority of voters in the Republic of Texas approve a proposed constitution, that if accepted by the U.S. Congress, will make Texas a U.S. state.
- 1884Greenwich, in London, England, is established as Universal Time meridian of longitude.
- 1885The Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) is founded in Atlanta, United States.
- 1918Mehmed Talat Pasha and the Young Turk (C.U.P.) ministry resign and sign an armistice, ending Ottoman participation in World War I.
- 1921The Soviet republics of Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia sign the Treaty of Kars with the Grand National Assembly of Turkey to establish the contemporary borders between Turkey and the South Caucasus states.
- 1967The first game in the history of the American Basketball Association is played as the Anaheim Amigos lose to the Oakland Oaks 134-129 in Oakland, California.
- 1976The first electron micrograph of an Ebola viral particle is obtained by Dr. F.A. Murphy, now at U.C. Davis, who was then working at the C.D.C.
- 1999The United States Senate rejects ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
- 2010The 2010 Copiapó mining accident in Copiapó, Chile comes to an end as all 33 miners arrive at the surface after surviving a record 69 days underground awaiting rescue.
Who were born on October 13?
- 1453Edward of Westminster, Prince of Wales (d. 1471)
- 1876Rube Waddell, American baseball player (d. 1914)
- 1900Gerald Marks, American songwriter (d. 1997)
- 1930Bruce Geller, American screenwriter and television producer (d. 1978)
- 1933Queen Narriman, Egyptian royalty (d. 2005)
- 1939Melinda Dillon, American actress
- 1948Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Pakistani musician and singer (d. 1997)
- 1954George Frazier, American baseball player
- 1970Mel Jackson, American actor and musician
- 1970Paul Potts, British opera singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.