October 13: Day of the Week
October 13, 2019 is the 286th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 79 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 13 Historical Event(s)
- 54Roman Emperor Claudius is poisoned to death under mysterious circumstances. His 17-year-old stepson Nero succeeds him to the Roman throne
- 1307Hundreds of Knights Templar in France are simultaneously arrested by agents of Phillip the Fair, to be later tortured into a “confession” of heresy.
- 1332Rinchinbal Khan, Emperor Ningzong of Yuan becomes the Khagan of the Mongols and Emperor of the Yuan Dynasty, reigning for only 53 days.
- 1773The Whirlpool Galaxy is discovered by Charles Messier.
- 1792In Washington, D.C., the cornerstone of the United States Executive Mansion (known as the White House since 1818) is laid.
- 1881Revival of the Hebrew language as Eliezer Ben-Yehuda and friends agree to use Hebrew exclusively in their conversations.
- 1915The Battle for the Hohenzollern Redoubt marks the end of the Battle of Loos in northern France, World War I.
- 1944World War II: Riga, the capital of Latvia is occupied by the Red Army.
- 1977Four Palestinians hijack Lufthansa Flight 181 to Somalia and demand release of 11 members of the Red Army Faction.
- 1992An Antonov An-124 operated by Antonov Airlines registered SSSR-82002, crashes near Kiev, Ukraine killing 8.
Who were born on October 13?
- 1890Conrad Richter, American novelist and short story writer (d. 1968)
- 1891Irene Rich, American actress (d. 1988)
- 1913Igor Torkar, Slovenian writer (d. 2004)
- 1929Walasse Ting, Chinese-American painter (d. 2010)
- 1942Pamela Tiffin, American film actress
- 1944Robert Lamm, American musician (Chicago)
- 1947Alan Wakeman, English saxophonist (Soft Machine)
- 1950Mollie Katzen, American cookbook author
- 1954Frank Dunn, American artist
- 1967Javier Sotomayor, Cuban Athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.