October 18: Day of the Week
October 18, 2019 was the 291st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 74 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eddie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1648Boston Shoemakers form first U.S. labor organization.
- 1775African-American poet Phillis Wheatley freed from slavery.
- 1797Treaty of Campo Formio is signed between France and Austria
- 1860The Second Opium War finally ends at the Convention of Peking with the ratification of the Treaty of Tientsin, an unequal treaty.
- 1898United States takes possession of Puerto Rico.
- 1914The Schoenstatt Movement is founded in Germany.
- 1929The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council overrules the Supreme Court of Canada in Edwards v. Canada when it declares that women are considered “Persons” under Canadian law.
- 1945A group of the Venezuelan Armed Forces, led by Mario Vargas, Marcos Pérez Jiménez and Carlos Delgado Chalbaud, stages a coup d'état against then president Isaías Medina Angarita, who is overthrown by the end of the day.
- 1964The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair closes for its first season after a six-month run.
- 1977German Autumn: a set of events revolving around the kidnapping of Hanns-Martin Schleyer and the hijacking of a Lufthansa flight by the Red Army Faction (RAF) comes to an end when Schleyer is murdered and various RAF members allegedly commit suicide.
Who were born on October 18?
- 1668John George IV, Elector of Saxony (d. 1694)
- 1777Heinrich von Kleist, German writer (d. 1811)
- 1870Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki, Japanese scholar (d. 1966)
- 1915Victor Sen Yung, American actor (d. 1980)
- 1919Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Canadian politician (d. 2000)
- 1924Buddy MacMaster, Canadian musician
- 1951Terry McMillan, American author
- 1953Loes Luca, Dutch actress, singer and comedian
- 1964Charles Stross, British author
- 1967Eric Stuart, American voice actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.