October 2: Day of the Week
October 2, 2020 is the 276th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 90 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nathaniel’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1780John André, British Army officer of the American Revolutionary War, is hanged as a spy by American forces.
- 1814Battle of Rancagua: Spanish Royalists troops under Mariano Osorio defeated rebel Chilean forces of Bernardo O'Higgins and Jose Miguel Carrera.
- 1928The “Prelature of the Holy Cross and the Work of God”, commonly known as Opus Dei, is founded by Saint Josemaría Escrivá.
- 1937Dominican Republic strongman Rafael Trujillo orders the execution of the Haitian population living within the borderlands; approximately 20,000 are killed over the next five days.
- 1950Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz is first published
- 1959The anthology series The Twilight Zone premieres on CBS television.
- 1967Thurgood Marshall is sworn in as the first African-American justice of United States Supreme Court.
- 1968A peaceful student demonstration in Mexico City culminates in the Tlatelolco massacre.
- 1996The Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments are signed by U.S. President Bill Clinton.
- 2001NATO backs U.S. military strikes following 9/11.
Who were born on October 2?
- 1873Stephen Warfield Gambrill, American politician (d. 1924)
- 1902John G. Crommelin, American naval officer and white supremacist figure (d. 1996)
- 1926Jan Morris, English writer
- 1946Jo-El Sonnier, American singer-songwriter and accordionist
- 1951Sting, English musician and actor
- 1958Wayne Toups, Cajun singer-songwriter
- 1968Kelly Willis, American country music singer-songwriter
- 1979Arta Dobroshi, Kosovar actress
- 1986Camilla Belle, American actress
- 1990Dean Bouzanis, Australian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.