October 2: Day of the Week
October 2, 2021 is the 275th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 90 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TALIUJPM? Check your answers here: Word scramble TALIUJPM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1780John André, British Army officer of the American Revolutionary War, is hanged as a spy by American forces.
- 1889In Colorado, Nicholas Creede strikes it rich in silver during the last great silver boom of the American Old West.
- 1924The Geneva Protocol is adopted as a means to strengthen the League of Nations.
- 1928The “Prelature of the Holy Cross and the Work of God”, commonly known as Opus Dei, is founded by Saint Josemaría Escrivá.
- 1937Dominican Republic strongman Rafael Trujillo orders the execution of the Haitian population living within the borderlands; approximately 20,000 are killed over the next five days.
- 1941World War II: In Operation Typhoon, Germany begins an all-out offensive against Moscow.
- 1968A peaceful student demonstration in Mexico City culminates in the Tlatelolco massacre.
- 1996Aeroperú Flight 603, a Boeing 757, crashes into the Pacific Ocean shortly after takeoff from Lima, Peru, killing 70.
- 1996The Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments are signed by U.S. President Bill Clinton.
- 2005Ethan Allen Boating Accident: The Ethan Allen tour boat capsizes on Lake George in Upstate New York, killing twenty people.
Who were born on October 2?
- 1833William Corby, American Catholic priest (d. 1897)
- 1869Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Indian independence movement figure (d. 1948)
- 1873Plum Warner, English cricketer (d. 1963)
- 1914Bernarr Rainbow, English historian of music education, and choir master (d. 1998)
- 1948Donna Karan, American fashion designer
- 1950Mike Rutherford, English musician (Genesis)
- 1954Lorraine Bracco, American actress
- 1969Jun Akiyama, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1970Maribel Verdú, Spanish actress
- 1976Mandisa, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.