October 21: Day of the Week
October 21, 2019 is the 294th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 71 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
October 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1096People’s Crusade: The Turkish army annihilates the People’s Army of the West.
- 1520Ferdinand Magellan discovers a strait now known as Strait of Magellan.
- 1520João Álvares Fagundes discovers the islands of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, bestowing them their original name of “Islands of the 11,000 Virgins”.
- 1902In the United States, a five month strike by United Mine Workers ends.
- 1931The Sakurakai, a secret society in the Imperial Japanese Army, launches an abortive coup d'état attempt.
- 1944World War II: Battle of Aachen: The city of Aachen falls to American forces after three weeks of fighting, making it the first German city to fall to the Allies.
- 1969A coup d'état in Somalia brings Siad Barre to power.
- 1978Australian civilian pilot Frederick Valentich vanishes in a Cessna 182 over the Bass Strait south of Melbourne, after reporting contact with an unidentified aircraft.
- 1987Jaffna hospital massacre is carried out by Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka killing 70 ethnic Tamil patients, doctors and nurses.
- 1994In Seoul, 32 people are killed when the Seongsu Bridge collapses.
Who were born on October 21?
- 1912Alfredo Pián, Argentine racing driver (d. 1990)
- 1924Joyce Randolph, American actress
- 1929Ursula K. Le Guin, American author
- 1945Everett McGill, American actor
- 1959George Bell, Dominican baseball player
- 1972Evhen Tsybulenko, Ukrainian professor of international law
- 1979Gabe Gross, American baseball player
- 1982Ray Ventrone, American football player
- 1983Charlotte Sullivan, Canadian actress
- 1986Chibuzor Chilaka, Nigerian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.