October 21: Day of the Week
October 21, 2020 is the 295th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 71 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rene’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1392Nanboku-chō: Emperor Go-Kameyama abdicates in favor of rival claimant Go-Komatsu.
- 1895The Republic of Formosa collapses as Japanese forces invade.
- 1912During the First Balkan War, Kardzhali is liberated by Bulgarian forces
- 1931The Sakurakai, a secret society in the Imperial Japanese Army, launches an abortive coup d'état attempt.
- 1944World War II: The first kamikaze attack: A Japanese plane carrying a 200 kg bomb attacks HMAS Australia off Leyte Island, as the Battle of Leyte Gulf began.
- 1973Fred Dryer of the then Los Angeles Rams becomes the first player in NFL history to score two safeties in the same game.
- 1979Moshe Dayan resigns from the Israeli government because of strong disagreements with Prime Minister Menachem Begin over policy towards the Arabs.
- 1987Jaffna hospital massacre is carried out by Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka killing 70 ethnic Tamil patients, doctors and nurses.
- 1994In Seoul, 32 people are killed when the Seongsu Bridge collapses.
- 1994North Korea nuclear weapons program: North Korea and the United States sign an agreement that requires North Korea to stop its nuclear weapons program and agree to inspections.
Who were born on October 21?
- 1449George, Duke of Clarence, brother of Edward IV and Richard III (d. 1478)
- 1938Carl Brewer, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2001)
- 1940Manfred Mann, English musician
- 1949Mike Keenan, Canadian ice hockey coach
- 1959Tony Ganios, American Actor
- 1968Alexandros Alexandris, Greek footballer
- 1968Kerstin Andreae, German politician
- 1969Mo Lewis, American football player
- 1970Louis Koo, Hong Kong actor
- 1971Jade Jagger, socialite and jewellery Designer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.