October 22: Day of the Week
October 22, 2020 is the 296th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 70 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Billie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1383The 1383-1385 Crisis in Portugal: King Fernando dies without a male heir to the Portuguese throne, sparking a period of civil war and disorder.
- 1575Foundation of Aguascalientes.
- 1633Battle of southern Fujian sea: The Ming dynasty defeats the Dutch East India Company.
- 1784Russia founds a colony on Kodiak Island, Alaska.
- 1879Using a filament of carbonized thread, Thomas Edison tests the first practical electric incandescent light bulb (it lasted 13½ hours before burning out).
- 1895In Paris an express train overruns a buffer stop and crosses more than 30 metres of concourse before plummeting through a window at Gare Montparnasse.
- 1927Nikola Tesla exposed his six (6) new inventions including motor with onephase electricity
- 1928Phi Sigma Alpha fraternity is founded at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus.
- 1968Apollo program: Apollo 7 safely splashes down in the Atlantic Ocean after orbiting the Earth 163 times.
- 1976Red Dye No. 4 is banned by the US Food and Drug Administration after it is discovered that it causes tumors in the bladders of dogs. The dye is still used in Canada.
Who were born on October 22?
- 1749Cornelis van der Aa, Dutch convicted bookseller(d. 1816)
- 1818Charles-Marie-René Leconte de Lisle, French poet (d. 1894)
- 1938Christopher Lloyd, American actor
- 1946Claude Charron, French-Canadian politician and TV personality
- 1967Ron Tugnutt, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1967Salvatore Di Vittorio, Italian composer and conductor
- 1968Jay Johnston, American actor and comedian (Mr. Show)
- 1968Shelby Lynne, American singer and songwriter
- 1969Héctor Carrasco, Dominican baseball player
- 1975Jesse Tyler Ferguson, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.