October 22: Day of the Week
October 22, 2019 is the 295th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 70 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1707Scilly naval disaster: four British Royal Navy ships run aground near the Isles of Scilly because of faulty navigation. Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell and thousands of sailors drown.
- 1777American Revolutionary War: American defenders of Fort Mercer on the Delaware River repulse repeated Hessian attacks in the Battle of Red Bank.
- 1790Warriors of the Miami tribe under Chief Little Turtle defeat United States troops under General Josiah Harmar at the site of present-day Fort Wayne, Indiana, in the Northwest Indian War.
- 1859Spain declares war on Morocco.
- 1878The first rugby match under floodlights takes place in Salford, between Broughton and Swinton.
- 1895In Paris an express train overruns a buffer stop and crosses more than 30 metres of concourse before plummeting through a window at Gare Montparnasse.
- 1928Phi Sigma Alpha fraternity is founded at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus.
- 1966The Supremes become the first all-female music group to attain a No. 1 selling album (The Supremes A' Go-Go).
- 1981The United States Federal Labor Relations Authority votes to decertify the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization for its strike the previous August.
- 2005Tropical Storm Alpha forms in the Atlantic Basin, making the 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season the most active Atlantic hurricane season on record with 22 named storms.
Who were born on October 22?
- 1821Collis Potter Huntington, American railroad executive (d. 1900)
- 1881Clinton Davisson, American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1958)
- 1923Bert Trautmann, German former footballer
- 1939Jean-Pierre Desthuilliers, French writer and poet
- 1945Yvan Ponton, Canadian actor and television host
- 1961Robert Torti, American actor
- 1963Brian Boitano, American figure skater
- 1967Ron Tugnutt, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1986Kara Lang, Canadian footballer
- 1988Matt Evans, Filipino actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.