October 25: Day of the Week
October 25, 2019 is the 298th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 67 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1147The Portuguese, under Afonso I, and Crusaders from England and Flanders conquer Lisbon after a four-month siege.
- 1415The army of Henry V of England defeats the French at the Battle of Agincourt.
- 1747British fleet under Admiral Sir Edward Hawke defeats the French at the second battle of Cape Finisterre.
- 1900The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
- 1917Traditionally understood date of the October Revolution, involving the capture of the Winter Palace, Petrograd, Russia. The date refers to the Julian Calendar date, and corresponds with November 7 in the Gregorian calendar.
- 1944The Romanian Army liberates Carei, the last Romanian city under Axis Powers occupation.
- 1945The Republic of China takes over administration of Taiwan following Japan’s surrender to the Allies.
- 1983Operation Urgent Fury: The United States and its Caribbean allies invade Grenada, six days after Prime Minister Maurice Bishop and several of his supporters are executed in a coup d'état.
- 1991History of Slovenia: Three months after the end of the Ten-Day War, the last soldier of the Yugoslav People’s Army leaves the territory of the Republic of Slovenia.
- 2010Mount Merapi in Central Java, Indonesia, begins over a month of eruptions.
Who were born on October 25?
- 1902Henry Steele Commager, American historian (d. 1998)
- 1927Jorge Batlle Ibáñez, former President of Uruguay
- 1933Eugene “Porky” Lee, American child actor (d. 2005)
- 1945Peter Ledger, Australian artist (d. 1994)
- 1948Dan Gable, American wrestler and coach
- 1952Ioannis Kyrastas, Greek footballer and manager (d. 2004)
- 1955Glynis Barber, English actress
- 1964Kevin Michael Richardson, American voice actor
- 1970Chely Wright, American country music artist
- 1981Jon Wood, American NASCAR driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.