October 25: Day of the Week
October 25, 2020 was the 299th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 67 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OREEMSBUKI? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OREEMSBUKI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1147Seljuk Turks completely annihilate German crusaders under Conrad III at the Battle of Dorylaeum.
- 1924The forged Zinoviev Letter is published in the Daily Mail, wrecking the British Labour Party’s hopes of re-election.
- 1962Cuban missile crisis: Adlai Stevenson shows photos at the UN proving Soviet missiles are installed in Cuba.
- 1962Nelson Mandela is sentenced to five years in prison.
- 1962Uganda joins the United Nations.
- 1977Digital Equipment Corporation releases OpenVMS V1.0.
- 1980Proceedings on the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction conclude at The Hague.
- 1983Operation Urgent Fury: The United States and its Caribbean allies invade Grenada, six days after Prime Minister Maurice Bishop and several of his supporters are executed in a coup d'état.
- 1997After a brief civil war which has driven President Pascal Lissouba out of Brazzaville, Denis Sassou-Nguesso proclaims himself the President of the Republic of the Congo.
- 2010Mount Merapi in Central Java, Indonesia, begins over a month of eruptions.
Who were born on October 25?
- 1918Chubby Jackson, American jazz double-bassist and band leader (d. 2003)
- 1927Barbara Cook, American singer and actress
- 1936Sir Martin Gilbert, British historian
- 1961Janice Tanton, Canadian artist
- 1971Midori Goto, Japanese violinist
- 1977Birgit Prinz, German footballer
- 1986Eddie Gaven, American soccer player
- 1987Darron Gibson, Irish football player
- 1987Fabian Hambüchen, German gymnast and Olympic medallist
- 1988Shane Edwards, Australian Rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.