October 25: Day of the Week
October 25, 2018 is the 298th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 67 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1147The Portuguese, under Afonso I, and Crusaders from England and Flanders conquer Lisbon after a four-month siege.
- 1747British fleet under Admiral Sir Edward Hawke defeats the French at the second battle of Cape Finisterre.
- 1828The St Katharine Docks opened in London.
- 1854The Battle of Balaklava during the Crimean War (Charge of the Light Brigade).
- 1900The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
- 1917Traditionally understood date of the October Revolution, involving the capture of the Winter Palace, Petrograd, Russia. The date refers to the Julian Calendar date, and corresponds with November 7 in the Gregorian calendar.
- 1924The forged Zinoviev Letter is published in the Daily Mail, wrecking the British Labour Party’s hopes of re-election.
- 1944The Romanian Army liberates Carei, the last Romanian city under Axis Powers occupation.
- 1980Proceedings on the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction conclude at The Hague.
- 2004Fidel Castro, Cuba’s President, announces that transactions using the American Dollar will be banned.
Who were born on October 25?
- 1903Katharine Byron, U.S. Congresswoman (d. 1976)
- 1923Bobby Thomson, Scotland born American baseball player (d. 2010)
- 1944Jon Anderson, English singer (Yes)
- 1949Walter Hyatt, American singer and songwriter, leader of Uncle Walt’s Band
- 1961Willie Walsh, Irish businessman
- 1971Pedro Martínez, Dominican baseball player
- 1981Austin Winkler, American lead vocalist (Hinder)
- 1981Jerome Isaac Jones, American singer
- 1981Jon Wood, American NASCAR driver
- 1983Gyptian, Jamaican reggae singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.