October 3: Day of the Week
October 3, 2019 is the 276th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 89 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1283Dafydd ap Gruffydd, prince of Gwynedd in Wales, becomes the first nobleman executed by being hanged, drawn and quartered.
- 1683The Qing Dynasty naval commander Shi Lang reaches Taiwan (under the Kingdom of Tungning) to receive the formal surrender of Zheng Keshuang and Liu Guoxuan after the Battle of Penghu.
- 1795General Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence being named to defend the French National Convention against armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the three year old revolutionary government.
- 1918King Boris III of Bulgaria accedes to the throne.
- 1929The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes is renamed to Kingdom of Yugoslavia, “Land of the South Slavs”.
- 1935Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy invades Ethiopia under General de Bono.
- 1952The United Kingdom successfully tests a nuclear weapon to become the world’s third nuclear power.
- 1961The Dick Van Dyke Show premieres on CBS-TV in the United States.
- 1995O. J. Simpson is acquitted of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.
- 2003Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy is attacked by one of the show’s tigers, canceling the show until 2009, when they rejoined the tiger that mauled Roy just six years earlier.
Who were born on October 3?
- 1895Sergei Aleksandrovich Yesenin, Russian lyrical poet (d. 1925)
- 1896Gerardo Diego, Spanish poet (d. 1987)
- 1944Roy Horn, German-American magician
- 1954Dennis Eckersley, American baseball player
- 1954Stevie Ray Vaughan, American blues musician (d. 1990)
- 1967Rob Liefeld, American comic book illustrator
- 1981Andreas Isaksson, Swedish footballer
- 1984Bruno Gervais, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1987Zuleyka Rivera, Puerto Rican beauty pageant contestant
- 1990Rhian Ramos, Filipina actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.