October 3: Day of the Week
October 3, 2021 is the 276th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 89 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EYAUQLPOU? Check your answers here: Word scramble EYAUQLPOU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 3 Historical Event(s)
- 42 BCFirst Battle of Philippi: Triumvirs Mark Antony and Octavian fight a decisive battle with Caesar’s assassins Brutus and Cassius.
- 1778British Captain James Cook anchors in Alaska.
- 1789George Washington made the first Thanksgiving Day designated by the national government of the United States of America.
- 1863The last Thursday in November is declared as Thanksgiving Day by President Abraham Lincoln as are Thursdays, November 30, 1865 and November 29, 1866.
- 1918King Boris III of Bulgaria accedes to the throne.
- 1935Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy invades Ethiopia under General de Bono.
- 1952The United Kingdom successfully tests a nuclear weapon to become the world’s third nuclear power.
- 1985The Space Shuttle Atlantis makes its maiden flight. (Mission STS-51-J)
- 1990Re-unification of Germany. The German Democratic Republic ceases to exist and its territory becomes part of the Federal Republic of Germany. East German citizens became part of the European Community, which later became the European Union. Now celebrated as German Unity Day.
- 2003Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy is attacked by one of the show’s tigers, canceling the show until 2009, when they rejoined the tiger that mauled Roy just six years earlier.
Who were born on October 3?
- 1790John Ross, Chief of the Cherokee Nation (d. 1866)
- 1895Sergei Aleksandrovich Yesenin, Russian lyrical poet (d. 1925)
- 1916James Herriot, English veterinarian and author (d. 1995)
- 1935Charles Duke, American astronaut
- 1944Roy Horn, German-American magician
- 1961Rebecca Stephens, British mountaineer
- 1975India.Arie, American singer
- 1976Seann William Scott, American actor
- 1978Claudio Pizarro, Peruvian footballer
- 1983Andreas Papathanasiou, Greek-Cypriot footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.