October 3: Day of the Week
October 3, 2020 was the 277th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 89 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UOVUPDY? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UOVUPDY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 3 Historical Event(s)
- 52 BCVercingetorix, leader of the Gauls, surrenders to the Romans under Julius Caesar, ending the siege and Battle of Alesia.
- 382Emperor Theodosius I concludes a peace treaty with the Goths and settles them in the Balkans in exchange for military service.
- 1283Dafydd ap Gruffydd, prince of Gwynedd in Wales, becomes the first nobleman executed by being hanged, drawn and quartered.
- 1574The Siege of Leiden is lifted by the Watergeuzen.
- 1873Captain Jack and companions are hanged for their part in the Modoc War.
- 1918King Boris III of Bulgaria accedes to the throne.
- 1957Allen Ginsberg’s Howl and Other Poems is ruled not obscene.
- 1964First Buffalo Wings are made at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York.
- 2003Roy Horn of Siegfried & Roy is attacked by one of the show’s tigers, canceling the show until 2009, when they rejoined the tiger that mauled Roy just six years earlier.
- 2008The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 for the US financial system is signed by President Bush.
Who were born on October 3?
- 1828Woldemar Bargiel, German composer (d. 1897)
- 1897Louis Aragon, French writer (d. 1982)
- 1904Ernst-Günther Schenck, Nazi German physician (d. 1998)
- 1919James M. Buchanan, American economist
- 1931Glenn Hall, National Hockey League goaltender
- 1934Koo Nimo, Ghanaian musician
- 1950Pamela Hensley, American actress
- 1965Jan-Ove Waldner, Swedish table tennis player
- 1981Andreas Isaksson, Swedish footballer
- 1981Seth Gabel, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.