October 3: Day of the Week
October 3, 2021 was the 276th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 89 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DMSIADBCAJUS? Check your answers here: Unscramble words DMSIADBCAJUS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 3 Historical Event(s)
- 52 BCVercingetorix, leader of the Gauls, surrenders to the Romans under Julius Caesar, ending the siege and Battle of Alesia.
- 1918King Boris III of Bulgaria accedes to the throne.
- 1919Cincinnati Reds pitcher Adolfo Luque becomes the 1st Latin player to appear in a World Series.
- 1929The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes is renamed to Kingdom of Yugoslavia, “Land of the South Slavs”.
- 1935Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy invades Ethiopia under General de Bono.
- 1942Spaceflight: The first successful launch of a V-2 /A4-rocket from Test Stand VII at Peenemünde, Germany. It is the first man-made object to reach space.
- 1950Korean War: The First Battle of Maryang San, primarily pitting Australian and British forces against communist China, begins.
- 1955The Mickey Mouse Club debuts on ABC.
- 1957Allen Ginsberg’s Howl and Other Poems is ruled not obscene.
- 1981The Hunger Strike by Provisional Irish Republican Army and Irish National Liberation Army prisoners at the Maze Prison in Northern Ireland ends after seven months and ten deaths.
Who were born on October 3?
- 1886Alain-Fournier, French novelist (d. 1914)
- 1898Leo McCarey, American film director and screenwriter (d. 1969)
- 1904Ernst-Günther Schenck, Nazi German physician (d. 1998)
- 1940Jean Ratelle, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1954Stevie Ray Vaughan, American blues musician (d. 1990)
- 1974Mike Johnson, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1976Herman Li, British musician (DragonForce)
- 1976Seann William Scott, American actor
- 1977Eric Munson, American baseball player
- 1978Shannyn Sossamon, American actress, dancer and musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.